Some L.A. freeway carpool lanes will ...

Some L.A. freeway carpool lanes will become toll lanes

There are 82 comments on the Daily Breeze story from Dec 11, 2008, titled Some L.A. freeway carpool lanes will become toll lanes. In it, Daily Breeze reports that:

More than 60 miles of Southland carpool lanes on three freeways will be converted into toll lanes under a contract signed today by federal and local officials, according to the U.S Transportation Department.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Daily Breeze.

Roger Grant

Los Angeles, CA

#43 Dec 12, 2008
Sorry Roger Grant wrote:
Looks like YOU are the moron here. Read up on NGVs. Enough said. Plus, I'd venture to say that I can write your a-- off any day of the week.
Perhaps you can write, but you certainly could use help with your reading skills. Was the original poster referring to a gas-electric hybrid vehicle or an NGV?
Confused

Los Angeles, CA

#44 Dec 12, 2008
Actually, this sounds great and will save me time every day.

How do I sign up?
tony

Waianae, HI

#45 Dec 12, 2008
ive got soooo much money, i dont know what to do with myself!..HAHAH!!!..
change

Monterey Park, CA

#46 Dec 12, 2008
I don't need to drive on the 110 everyday because I live 2 miles from where I work in San Pedro (small business). This doesn't mean that I can't be upset that they are finding yet another way to suck money from tax payers. I'm already upset that not only did Measure R pass but the money won't reach the Harbor. Now they want to put a toll(optional, I know) on the freeway out of the harbor. They want to tax property owners for gang alternative plans, tax, tax, bond, etc, ad nausueum.
It may not seem like much when it's a toll here and a tax there and an increase in sales here again but it adds up. Why are we paying more and more to fund programs that are supposed to be funded by the budget and taxes we already have? We are we allowing our city to give away hundreds of millions away in sudsidies and tax breaks to developers and pass the expense on to us. I can give you list of wasted money by our city that adds up to over a billion dollars. Our politicians are more concerned with keeping thier jobs than they are with doing thier jobs.
At the pace we are going the system will break down. The cracks are already showing.
Honest Abe

United States

#47 Dec 12, 2008
Orange County has it and the last I heard they wanted out. Just another way to pull money out of the tax payer as if traffic isn't bad enough Whats next $400.00 for speeding oh yah we have that already. Question to anyone did we vote on this??
Honest Abe

United States

#48 Dec 12, 2008
Traveller wrote:
<quoted text>
1) Don't live in Corona and expect to commute in. The money you're saving on a house is much more than the toll....
2) Travel at off peak hours to work
3) Telecommute
4) Whine / be a victim
I thought Corona was a beer.
Jose Sixpack

San Diego, CA

#49 Dec 12, 2008
"as if traffic isn't bad enough "

Um, that's the whole point.
I just gonna

United States

#50 Dec 12, 2008
Keep drivin' in them lanes no matter what. And, I am not going to pay. I am illegal anyways and they'll never catch me.
letsride70

Pasadena, CA

#51 Dec 12, 2008
1. We should have known better when it was called the "Diamond Lane".
2. Wait until the cost goes from $1.75 to $8.75 during "peak hours". THAT'S A ONE WAY FARES!
3. Gardena's Bus Line fares went from .50 to .75 after 25 years.(yes that's fifty cents!)
4. What happened to the "freeway" being free?
5. It's a "highway". To high for anyone to afford to drive the freeway.
6. Done the toll roads in OC.
wake up people

United States

#52 Dec 12, 2008
Interesting wrote:
http://www.91expresslanes.com/ custmov.html
Yeah, this dude above is right! How much money does everyone wanna bet..to use these toll lanes, you will be required to have an RFID transponder exactly like the Fastrak? Just another way to track us! It's obviously not enough that the DHS is Microchipping everyone in America with BIOMETRIC RFID microchips thru e-Passports, REALID (YOUR DRIVER'S LICENSE), TWIC, FAST, NEXUS, SENTRI, and soon EVEN Social Security!! Hey, did you know that one can do all of their buying and selling with a BIOMETRIC RFID Microchip??? Can you say Mark of the Beast??? I knew you could!!! Thanks GW! Thanks that is for mandating everyone in America to get the Mark of the Beast (thru the DHS-Head of Security for the SPP: The Security and Propserity Agreement of North America) under the guise of Homeland Security! We may not owe you much for running up the deficit HIGHER THAN it has EVER BEEN, or for DESTROYING AMERICA'S REPUTATION WORLDWIDE, or for COMPLETELY DESTROYING THE WORLD ECONOMY, or for EFFECTIVELY SEETING UP THE NWO NORTH AMERICAN UNION (but calling it the SPP)...but my Christian soul is deeply indebted to you and your Administration for all of the Mark of the Beast (Biometric) RFID Microchips!!!!!!!! Thanks again ol' buddy!
Brian Covington

San Diego, CA

#53 Dec 12, 2008
Dear wake up people,

I recommend a tin foil hat. It will keep you safe, especially now that they know about you.

Santa Barbarian

“Barbaric as Santa!”

Since: Nov 08

Santa Barbara ,Malibu,Torrance

#54 Dec 12, 2008
Brian Covington wrote:
Dear wake up people,
I recommend a tin foil hat. It will keep you safe, especially now that they know about you.
Kept me from having to deal with jury duty! LOL!
Vigilant Citizenry

Los Angeles, CA

#55 Dec 13, 2008
Uhmmm, how exactly did this pass? I don't recall an initiative of the sort ever put to ballot. Did we miss something or was this something that was passed under our noses without so much as a public hearing? It was our taxes that built those car pool lanes to begin with and now we're being charged a fee to use it?!! Unbelievable.
taxpayer

Calhoun, LA

#56 Dec 13, 2008
Thanks to Arnold and the Bush administration, Freeways will be a thing of the past. If you have ever driven in the mid west or east coast, you know that someone will have a hand in you pocket every few miles. These tolls will expand to other roads and will make $ 10.00 a gallon gas look like a bargin. It is just another ATTACK on the middle class.
taxpayer

Calhoun, LA

#57 Dec 13, 2008
Break The Law wrote:
Don't pay it everyone. Let them throw us all in jail first. This is where the line gets drawn in the sand. A massive revolt shall commence.
In the 60's and 70's there were Sit In's. Maybe it's time for Stall In's. Block those damn lanes till they are free again!
Jester

San Diego, CA

#58 Dec 13, 2008
Jester

San Diego, CA

#59 Dec 13, 2008
Vigilant Citizenry wrote:
Uhmmm, how exactly did this pass? I don't recall an initiative of the sort ever put to ballot. Did we miss something or was this something that was passed under our noses without so much as a public hearing? It was our taxes that built those car pool lanes to begin with and now we're being charged a fee to use it?!! Unbelievable.
The lanes will be free for HOV-3 carpools, so try again.
Real solutions

Rancho Palos Verdes, CA

#60 Dec 13, 2008
What we really need is a RAIL system from San Pedro to LA. I'd be the first one to buy a monthly pass if that ever happened. But, no, we are too far behind to think about that. CA likes to pretend to be so green. But, when push comes to shove, they are just as bad as any other state.
wake up people

United States

#61 Dec 13, 2008
Brian Covington wrote:
Dear wake up people,
NOTHING keeps you "safe" from the Mark of the Beast! Keep laughing! You WILL be doing all of your buying and selling with your REALID soon enough!! That way "they" can make certain you aren't supporting "terrorists" (or breaking any laws, or violating parole, or buying any drugs, or.......... KJV says if you take the Mark of the Beast you are basically a bonfire or incense for Christ and the Holy Angels! Think tinfoil is going to help with that?!?!?!?! It may make you non-stick! 9And the third angel followed them, saying with a loud voice, If any man worship the beast and his image, and receive his mark in his forehead, or in his hand, 10The same shall drink of the wine of the wrath of God, which is poured out without mixture into the cup of his indignation; and he shall be tormented with fire and brimstone in the presence of the holy angels, and in the presence of the Lamb: 11And the smoke of their torment ascendeth up for ever and ever: and they have no rest day nor night, who worship the beast and his image, and whosoever receiveth the mark of his name. 12Here is the patience of the saints: here are they that keep the commandments of God, and the faith of Jesus. I will be the patient guy, you guys can take all the RFID the FEDS have to offer!
Brian Covington

San Diego, CA

#62 Dec 13, 2008
God should really get a more productive hobby.

Real Solutions -- Rail from San Pedro to downtown. Sounds good, but don't hold your breath. It would require massive growth in San Pedro as a destination to make any sense. Honestly, the existing commuter express bus service serves the area better than most rail would.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Beverly Hills Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Tecumseh the prophet 1 hr Ricardo montobomb 1
Review: Fidelity Locksmith Services (Mar '16) 4 hr Charles_Collins 134
News Man attempted to sexually assault woman in Van ... 11 hr USA 17
News For Jewish Americans, echoes of the Holocaust a... 12 hr Fit2Serve 12
News Linkin Park frontman Chester Bennington dies in... 14 hr C Kersey 2
Crazy manager at SunSations Sunglasses Sat Sensations sungla... 2
News The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) Sat Leftovers 21,051

Beverly Hills Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Beverly Hills Mortgages