L.A. Racketeering Arrests

Jun 15, 2007 Full story: Federal Bureau of Investigation 56

“The greed of these criminals has infiltrated our communities and businesses, bringing violence to our streets”

The owner of the Los Angeles-based Numero Uno supermarket chain, his brother and two associates alleged to be part of a racketeering conspiracy have been taken into custody during a two-day operation that also ... via Federal Bureau of Investigation

Full Story
First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Quique

United States

#51 Oct 26, 2007
ignorance_is_bliss wrote:
Can you please state the ties to corrupt politicians and organized crime for ALL of these companies? I'm sure most of us would like to know. Or are you simply misinterpreting "latino-owned-business " with criminal-activity because of racism/prejudice/jealousy/envy /all of the above?
Perhaps you feel Latino's can't achieve financial success without being corrupt in some way or another because they:
a) are brown, therefore, dirty, therefore no one would shake hands with them (business deals require this a lot)
b) are uneducated/can't read/speak English
c) are usually catholic (there, they must be corrupt!)
d) spend too much time cooking good food and teaching their daugters about marriage and familiy values; who would have time running a business living this 1950's lifestyle?
c) work way too damn hard; no real business owner works! They all micro-manage their (inherited) businesses from a yawt sitting on a sea front.
Oh well, here's a consideration: maybe Latino businesses (like most of those mentioned) got to where they are through opportunity and plain old fashioned hard work? What country do you live in quique?
Weel my friend is not hard to see the conection. I not just talking shi#$%T here. It is real. And trust me it has nothing to do with been brown. In the contrary it has to do with money and power. Do you still belive that the big fish is a mexican or latino. You are out of your mind. The big fish is so big that he does not let him self been know.
All this companies had ties with reynoso brother, and mister Vignali. Look it up. Vignaly is the biggest landlord in the city ( not the county city) of Los Angeles. He is worth more that $400 million dollars. And does he appear on any hispanic publication (such as Hispanic Business). NO he does not. As a matter of fact neither Cardenas, Northgate, El mexicano, or Vallarta. Why it is that if they are so visible Hispanic business does not interview them. They keep a low profile. They have ties to politician such as, lee baca, The cardenal all the way up to the president of the us. If you do not belive me , see how and who got Carlos Vignali out of jail. You will be amaze. Besides, if you are brown and proud, you will know as a fact the this country is divided. Mexican mingle mostly with mexican, white people mingle mostly with white people and so on. now would it not make sense that the same happens in the drug trade. Or do you really belive that white people go to mexican barrios to buy drugs....Give me a break the big fish lives in this country, you only hear of people not longer needed. DRUGS ARE A GREAT BUSINESS and until they are there will be people taking advantage. Cardenas, VAllarta and all those companies are only a medium for those big fish, they are not in any way the main or big fish. They are disposable as Reynoso brother was.
Anynomous

Winnetka, CA

#52 Oct 27, 2007
what the hell does is your point?
Quique wrote:
<quoted text>
Weel my friend is not hard to see the

conection. I not just talking shi#$%T here. It is real. And trust me it has nothing to do with been brown. In the contrary it has to do with money and power. Do you still belive that the big fish is a mexican or latino. You are out of your mind. The big fish is so big that he does not let him self been know.
All this companies had ties with reynoso brother, and mister Vignali. Look it up. Vignaly is the biggest landlord in the city ( not the county city) of Los Angeles. He is worth more that $400 million dollars. And does he appear on any hispanic publication (such as Hispanic Business). NO he does not. As a matter of fact neither Cardenas, Northgate, El mexicano, or Vallarta. Why it is that if they are so visible Hispanic business does not interview them. They keep a low profile. They have ties to politician such as, lee baca, The cardenal all the way up to the president of the us. If you do not belive me , see how and who got Carlos Vignali out of jail. You will be amaze. Besides, if you are brown and proud, you will know as a fact the this country is divided. Mexican mingle mostly with mexican, white people mingle mostly with white people and so on. now would it not make sense that the same happens in the drug trade. Or do you really belive that white people go to mexican barrios to buy drugs....Give me a break the big fish lives in this country, you only hear of people not longer needed. DRUGS ARE A GREAT BUSINESS and until they are there will be people taking advantage. Cardenas, VAllarta and all those companies are only a medium for those big fish, they are not in any way the main or big fish. They are disposable as Reynoso brother was.
Anynomous

Winnetka, CA

#53 Oct 27, 2007
does anybody know the disposition of this case?
Raquel wrote:
<quoted text> Hey Pacific, I will bet that Torrance is Michelle with maybe another cousin of his sticking up for the Bastard,cause thier trying to get paid before he goes to jail. Doesn't seem like Welfare pays very well! Don't they sound like DUUURTY B*itches!
anthony carmona

Los Angeles, CA

#55 Nov 11, 2007
i hope the market still sells pueblo's "pico de gallo and chile con lemon
anthony carmona

Los Angeles, CA

#56 Nov 11, 2007
just read the other blogs who is the idiot that calls themselves "ignorance is bliss" you have no clue my business is pueblo a small family sized company who knocks heads with all those bandits and so many more you should come to LA and front some product to them and try to collect and we'll see who is ignorant
REMAS OLD SKOOL ASSNS SGV

Atlanta, GA

#57 Nov 16, 2007
REMAS TAKE KRIE AREST TENSE.OG OSA CREW
Ghost from your past

La Puente, CA

#59 Nov 26, 2007
South Gate cops corrupt


http://www.knbc.com/news/14497664/detail.html...

The Judge refused to allow the jury to hear about Robles's criminal conviction. The Plaintiffs' lawyer tried to make it sound like the the recall election was to get rid of Robles and the three Councilmembers because they had brought in "the first-ever Latino police Chief" . The lawyer even argued to the jury "there is no evidence of corruption", knowing the Judge had kept it out.The jury was never able to figure out that Lopez was a lackey of Robles hired to do his bidding (even Lopez has admitted he was told by Robles his first day on the job to institute all kinds of rule changes that made no sense). Without hearing about Robles's corruption, the jury never heard why there was a recall and was left only with an impression it was masterminded by a Caucasion-dominated police department wanting to keep itself in power. That is why the verdict went against the City. Go look at the briefs that have been filed in the case.
SGPD bun boy
Los Angeles, CA Reply
|Report Abuse |#56 Sunday Nov 4
Get a clue "Reality." The CURRENT Chief and Captain are continuing to be sued by the CURRENT officers. Lopez has been gone now for over 5 years. It's the current Chief and his staff that are corrupt. That's why the citizens of South Gate NOW are paying out the ying yang in attorney's fees. Why is it there are over 16 CURRENT cops waiting in line to sue the chief who is there now. The only answer: Go L.A. Sheriff's and bring about ethical reform to a corrupt agency, from the top down.
America
United States Reply
|Report Abuse |#58 Sunday Nov 11
Another blow to an already impoverished city. The latest news is the city lost their bid for a new trial against the four minority Officers. With seven or more Police Officers winning over $15 million dollars already there must be some validity to the claims of these Officers. More Officers are lining up to sue which leads me to believe that there is something definatley wrong over there.
The FBI or some other higher authority should look into all these allegations and step in. They should clean house and call in the County Sheriffs to take over.
Concerned
AOL Reply
|Report Abuse |#60 Tuesday Nov 20
News Flash!!!!!
The city just lost another motion today bringing the grand total to 10.8 Million dollars. Yes that is 10 MILLION DOLLARS!!!!!! A motion brought forth by attorney Brad Gage to have Defendant City, South Gate, pay tax cost, totaled $176,000. Wow it just keeps getting worse.
Happy Thanksgiving.
koking

United States

#60 Feb 21, 2008
THEIR INNOCENT ITS A WAY FOR THE CITY TO SUCK MONEY FROM HARD WORKING PEOPLE THROUGH EXPENSIVE COURT COSTS
Joseph Reynoso

Chino, CA

#64 Mar 3, 2008
U dont know wat ur talking about
quique wrote:
Why arrest Torres and not all the Elected ofcial who are an had supported .
Cardenas markets
El Mexicano
Tapia
Reynoso Bros
Northgate Markets
Vallarta Markets
Adriana's Insurance
Carlos O'Brien
Numero Uno
Just to mention a few well know companies in California
All this businesses have ties to Organize crime and to sold politician who are profiting from their organization.
Get real, go to the root of the problem.
Joseph Reynoso

Chino, CA

#65 Mar 3, 2008
GUEY
Whitey

Pasadena, CA

#66 Mar 4, 2008
b) are uneducated/can't read/speak English

d) spend too much time cooking good food and teaching their daugters about marriage and familiy values; who would have time running a business living this 1950's lifestyle?

Answer: Teaching their daughters how to apply thick eyeliner, wear tight clothes, and get hickies is more like it. Not to mention to pop out 10 kids by the time they are twenty so they can rely on MY hard earned tax dollars to support them through welfare.

c) work way too damn hard; no real business owner works! They all micro-manage their (inherited) businesses from a yawt sitting on a sea front.

Answer: Funny you mention education and you can't spell YACHT.

Get your facts straight before you try to sound smart. If you don't like the way this country is run then GET THE FUCK OUT.
fpbl

Huntington Beach, CA

#68 Feb 26, 2009
Raquel wrote:
Steven Carmona is a greedy criminal. What do you call a disgusting pervert who sleeps with his own cousin? Disgraceful, he deserves to be punished for breaking the law he was paid to uphold. No morals and no dignity, put this trash away..
What a &*^^%% PERVERT, money goes to there head and they go crazy thinking they can step all over people and get away with anything.
El Wahoo

Beaumont, CA

#69 May 18, 2009
Rey wrote:
Get off manuel and george's nut and off there and stay out of there business
Convict all involved , incarcerate and deport those that are not US born for the crimes they've committed.
Investigate ReyRey Produce and any other businesses that any Reynoso has his or her hand in!
Look up Reynoso Bros on Google and read what they are stupidly capable of. They're ties to the Mexican Cartel and "el Chapo" continue to exist.
El Wahoo

Beaumont, CA

#70 May 18, 2009
Art Reynoso, son of Jose Reynoso(in federal prison;co-owner of Reynoso Bros), brother to convicted felon Rene (murder for hire, killed produce market owner in LA) is nothing but a scheming ponzi thief!
Married his fucking cousin, uses her name and information to dodge legal ramifications and is an ignorant uneducated peasant.
All are from Jalostatitlan, Jalisco...drug users and traffickers without a single unit of education.
F--k all of the Reynoso family.
Look on Google and read what the feds found!
Or call and ask SIXtwoSIX sixTWOfive SEVENzeroZEROtwo.
This son of a b---h is as good as dead! Many people in Mexico and here are fed up with his antics and are onto him. Money is OWED!
Investigate for yourselves...
hairo

La Habra, CA

#72 Jul 20, 2010
pinche wahooo tengo guebos y di kien eres
just wondering

Rialto, CA

#73 Oct 16, 2012
do you know if he was ever put away? i was looking for information on this and cannot find...and he is a disgusting person for sleeping with his own cousin but she is even more disgusting, basically a prostitue because she does it for money!
Raquel wrote:
Steven Carmona is a greedy criminal. What do you call a disgusting pervert who sleeps with his own cousin? Disgraceful, he deserves to be punished for breaking the law he was paid to uphold. No morals and no dignity, put this trash away..

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Beverly Hills Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Mariah Carey's new secret love affair with Alex... 8 hr has been 3
Review: Barry O Bernstein Law Office (May '10) 12 hr devilsadvocate 19
Bill Cosby accused by model Janice Dickinson of... 17 hr Strange World 2
Robert Pattinson gets weird haircut Nov 18 Abrahammock Regions 6
Rihanna Will Host Diamond Ball at The Vineyard ... Nov 17 Sophia Paymen 1
Patty Duke to play twins again on TV Nov 14 Catchers Catch 2
Whitney Houston hologram? Head of estate says y... Nov 13 Waldo Simmons 1

High Wind Watch for Los Angeles County was issued at November 21 at 10:16PM PST

Beverly Hills News Video

Beverly Hills Dating
Find my Match

Beverly Hills People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Beverly Hills News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Beverly Hills

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 2:43 am PST