Should The Law Be Changed To Allow Arnold Schwarzenegger To Run For President?

Posted in the Beverly Hills Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
anonymous california

Hillsboro, OH

#1 Nov 20, 2012
The Naturallization Act (1790) and the 14th Amendment (1868) have been used to create and continue a standard that prohibits any foreign born legal U.S. citizens from running for president.

A standard, that would make sense back then. In the late 1700s, the Revolutionary War was fought over independence from England. It was also when the first president was elected. In the 1860s, the Civil War was fought over the Southern states seceding from the Union. But it has become a outdated and unfair standard now in different times.

Arnold Schwarzenegger immigrated from Austria to the United States, at a young age, with his family and became a legal citizen. He has lived the American Dream, from professional bodybuilder to movie star actor to Governor of California.

Shouldn't he, and any other foreign born legal U.S.A. citizen for that matter, have the right to run for President if they so choose?

Terminate the law for the sake of The Terminator and stop the discrimination!

Since: Jul 09

Location hidden

#2 Nov 20, 2012
Why change the law? It no longer is enforced.

Just ask our 44th President.
Name

Van Nuys, CA

#3 Nov 20, 2012
Should paid posters be allowed to stir up trouble with ridiculous nonsense
anonymous california

Hillsboro, OH

#4 Nov 20, 2012
Name wrote:
Are you saying that I am being paid to come on to Topix and make political postings?
anonymous california

Hillsboro, OH

#5 Nov 20, 2012
Name wrote:
No reply. Hmmmmm.

Van Nuys, CA?

That you user name "Nobody" of Van Nuys, CA?

I, anonymous california, am not, nor have ever been, paid to post.
Furthermore, how is this thread stirring up trouble and ridiculous nonsense?
It is a relevent topic to American politics on an American forum.

Then you tell me what your motivation is for the above post ...

DATE: Thursday Nov 8, 2012
THREAD: Arnold Schwarzenegger For President 2016
http://www.topix.com/forum/city/los-angeles-c...

POST #2 BY: Nobody Van Nuys, CA

An Austrian born man running our country??

Are you sure thats a good idea???
UNQUOTE

----------

DATE: Thursday Nov 8, 2012
THREAD: Margaret Thatcher For President 2016
http://www.topix.com/forum/city/los-angeles-c...

POST #1 BY: Nobody Van Nuys, CA

I think old Iron Pants Thatcher might do us some good. She talks a bit funny but I can't see that bing a problem. I know she'll do a better job then Arnold Schwarzenegger.
UNQUOTE

----------

Hey Nobody,
Margaret Thatcher isn't even an American citizen.
Heck, she isn't even a immigrant to the United States Of America.
She couldn't run even if the law was changed to allow U.S. citizens, who were once immigrants, to run.
That's not to say that she wouldn't be the better candidate.
However, she would be 91 in 2016.
Would she even be up to it?
Arnold Schwarzenegger would be 69 in 2016.
That is the same age that Ronald Reagan was first elected President.
Arnold Schwarzenegger is a American citizen.
If he can be trusted to be governor of one of the largest states in the U.S., he should also be trusted to be in the highest office -- if he wants to run. But if he legally could run and decided to, it would ultimately be up to the voters.
I think you may just have something personal against him and are therefore trying to discredit any positive comments regarding him.
:-)
Name

Van Nuys, CA

#6 Nov 20, 2012
suddenly I am without words
Nobody

Van Nuys, CA

#7 Nov 21, 2012
OK im busted

Laws are meaningless anyway if no one follows them. I just think Its a bad idea perhaps we will find out one day.

Oh By The Way I was wondering How did you add a second post, I could have sworn I added the "Suddenly I am without words" post after the "Are you saying that I am being paid to come on to Topix and make political postings? " post I don't recall it being their last night.
anonymous california

Hillsboro, OH

#8 Nov 21, 2012
Name wrote:
suddenly I am without words
Me too.

How about a chorus of "God Save The Queen"?
anonymous california

Hillsboro, OH

#9 Nov 21, 2012
Nobody wrote:
OK im busted
Laws are meaningless anyway if no one follows them. I just think Its a bad idea perhaps we will find out one day.
Oh By The Way I was wondering How did you add a second post, I could have sworn I added the "Suddenly I am without words" post after the "Are you saying that I am being paid to come on to Topix and make political postings? " post I don't recall it being their last night.
Nobody wrote:
OK im busted
I hope we'll both feel a little busted after Thanksgiving Day. God save the turkey. The meal? LOL!!!

I don't think I was quite my right self last nite when I was playing Sherlock Holmes on you. I don't know if it was something I ate earlier. But I was sick. Stomach cramps awful. Feel okay now. Might've been some old tea I had in the daylight.

Not that I keep a tab on posts made. I don't. Those threads on Thatcher and Arnold just stood out to me, you know. Being interested in the idea of opening the presidential election up to immigrants who have become legal citizens. Might not be a good idea afterall though.

Yeah. You may be right and you probaly are. About the Austrian comment.

I never believed America would elect a president with "Hussein" as a middle name. Not so soon after the war with dictator Saddam Hussein. But they did. I just felt that with 9/11 and the terrorism and all that Iraq WMD stuff that Americans would feel funny about a candidate with that name. I can picture someone sitting in England with a cup of tea and shaking their head at us and saying "Foolish Americans, nothing but spoiled brats they are." You have to picture that with a imagined British accent. Ala actor Michael York, maybe.

But I can see a very potential danger in electing someone not American born. People may fear that their loyalities would be to their original homeland. Austria, in Arnold's case. As lastoutlaw mentioned above. People not believing Obama was born an American. Even though he pulled out his birth certificate. And kicked it long-form style. Hawaiian. People feel that he has strong foreign ties and will supercede and circumvent the U.S. government and secretly make America's enemies his allies and help aid and allign them against the United States.

We need to invent a time machine. Go back and get King Arthur and Merlin and the Knights of the Round Table. Throw in Winston Churchill. Thatcher. And a lot of "trusted" leaders throughout history. And come up with the best administration this side of the galaxy.

About the post. Not sure. I think I was postung it about the same time you posted yours. Did you add your "Suddenly I am ..." post right after I added my "Are you saying ..." post? OR did you add it about the same time I added my quote gotcha post. Notice the time they were posted is documented on the posts. Sometimes posts don't always show up as soon as we click the 'Post Comment'. Whew! That was a mouthful. But I assure you. I am not working magical posts. And I am not time traveling. HA!

;-)
epic lulz

Wellsboro, PA

#10 Nov 21, 2012
From reading history Austrians tend to turn into dictators in Mexico and in Germany. God knows what would happen with an Austrian emperor or fuhrer. Kenyans seem too timid to become dictators.
anonymous california

Hillsboro, OH

#11 Nov 22, 2012
Name wrote:
Could the Moderators have mistaken me as a paid poster?

I have started several political threads in the last month or so. But that's because of a honest interest the Presidential Election and interest in candidates and the next election. I'm not paid, nor have I ever been to post. Topix welcomes all of us to participate in posting and making threads. I am not a troll and have not made my threads for the purpose of manipulating or harming anyone. I am not trying to stir up trouble with ridiculous nonsense.

But maybe there are some who are paid to post on various subjects, like politics or religion. I don't know. I read a thread in Ohio where someone got accused of being a paid poster of the Democratic Party to stump for Obama in the swing states. And remember the recent religious thread flooding of the L.A. Forum?

Furthermore, I don't know why fellow posters feel self-appointed to police who posts. Or maybe you're really a moderator investigating and weeding out the paid posters. Or maybe you're a paid poster yourself. Or maybe you're being paid by Topix as a sort of house detective. In the shadow government, as you say.

And besides, do you really think anything I post is worth paying for? LOL!!!

:-)

Happy Thanksgiving!
Nobody

Van Nuys, CA

#12 Nov 22, 2012
instead of feeling im being accused of being a moderator, im just gonna say I don't think they would not know who each other are.

:-P

Now a stealth moderator on the other hand:-)
anonymous california

Hillsboro, OH

#13 Nov 22, 2012
Nobody wrote:
instead of feeling im being accused of being a moderator, im just gonna say I don't think they would not know who each other are.
:-P
Now a stealth moderator on the other hand:-)
HA!

I think it would be cool to be a Mod. Trolls need not apply. Reformed ones, maybe. Would know the territory. LOL!!!

Not know who each is? I thought maybe they have the annual family reunion type thing or have to attend meetings via webcam.

There are Top Mods, they say.

You know, I was wrong to assume you meant me in your Post #3. You could've been asking it in regard to others. No offense lastoutlaw, but it could've been referring to you since you were the post right directly before it. But we all know lastoutlaw could not be a paid poster. Right, outlaw? A Mod on the other hand? Hmmmmm.
;-)

About the paid posters. There probaly really are. Have you noticed the continuous daily threads that were -- and maybe still are -- started on the L.A. Forum about politics. Seemed to always be by the same few posters. Do people really have that much time on their hands? And the need to post in that matter? I say they're being paid. But by who? And how could Topix stop it? Remember the religious thread flooders? They said they could just switch ip and mess with the Mods. But if there really are paid posters on Topix. That really says a lot about how important and influential Topix is. Topix is where the people are. The marketplace.

Location hidden

#15 Nov 22, 2012
anonymous california wrote:
<quoted text>
HA!
I think it would be cool to be a Mod. Trolls need not apply. Reformed ones, maybe. Would know the territory. LOL!!!
Not know who each is? I thought maybe they have the annual family reunion type thing or have to attend meetings via webcam.
There are Top Mods, they say.
You know, I was wrong to assume you meant me in your Post #3. You could've been asking it in regard to others. No offense lastoutlaw, but it could've been referring to you since you were the post right directly before it. But we all know lastoutlaw could not be a paid poster. Right, outlaw? A Mod on the other hand? Hmmmmm.
;-)
About the paid posters. There probaly really are. Have you noticed the continuous daily threads that were -- and maybe still are -- started on the L.A. Forum about politics. Seemed to always be by the same few posters. Do people really have that much time on their hands? And the need to post in that matter? I say they're being paid. But by who? And how could Topix stop it? Remember the religious thread flooders? They said they could just switch ip and mess with the Mods. But if there really are paid posters on Topix. That really says a lot about how important and influential Topix is. Topix is where the people are. The marketplace.
If I were a paid poster, I'd be ALL OVER these threads instead of virtually silent over the past year. Yeah, I've posted. Even got into some arguments over differences of opinion on one or two. But if I were paid?
Obama would take it all away to give to those too lazy to post. Share The Wealth, and all that.
Nope. I work for free; posting when I feel like it and getting responses from those who feel like responding. The 'Barter System'. Impossible to tax because the value is what WE say it is; there isn't a fixed price and thus no fixed tax percentile.
We should go back to that. I mow your lawn; you feed me dinner. You're happy. I'm happy. And as no tangible price can be placed on the trade (forget market value; that is ALSO based on an agreement which is flexible) no tax can be levied. The lawn was mowed haphazardly, devaluing the quality of the job - and the toast was burnt; devaluing the quality of the meal.
About what the value of many of our posts are in the long run.
I'd rather post for free. You get what you pay for (nothing unless you read something into them - it's there to be read) and you can't tax nothing.
Barter system. It's worth what WE say it is. No blue-book value.
anonymous california

Hillsboro, OH

#16 Nov 23, 2012
lastoutlaw wrote:
<quoted text>If I were a paid poster, I'd be ALL OVER these threads instead of virtually silent over the past year. Yeah, I've posted. Even got into some arguments over differences of opinion on one or two. But if I were paid?
Obama would take it all away to give to those too lazy to post. Share The Wealth, and all that.
Nope. I work for free; posting when I feel like it and getting responses from those who feel like responding. The 'Barter System'. Impossible to tax because the value is what WE say it is; there isn't a fixed price and thus no fixed tax percentile.
We should go back to that. I mow your lawn; you feed me dinner. You're happy. I'm happy. And as no tangible price can be placed on the trade (forget market value; that is ALSO based on an agreement which is flexible) no tax can be levied. The lawn was mowed haphazardly, devaluing the quality of the job - and the toast was burnt; devaluing the quality of the meal.
About what the value of many of our posts are in the long run.
I'd rather post for free. You get what you pay for (nothing unless you read something into them - it's there to be read) and you can't tax nothing.
Barter system. It's worth what WE say it is. No blue-book value.
Indeed I have noticed your virtual silence for some time now. Right, you haven't been deistic about never returning. You know, like historians have said the founding fathers were into deism -- the belief that God set it all up and left it all alone to play out throughout time. Like those Rapture threads (Jesus returning; coming back again,) somebody would've had to start a thread asking if lastoutlaw is coming back. I just figured you've been hanging out on Topix's new Politix site which is all about politics. By the way, I've been wondering if Topix will start other sites as well.

Bartering. That would sure help the work ethic. Remember 2008 presidential candidate Mike Huckabee wanting to end the IRS? But there appears to be those who are trying to usher us into some sort of digital type currency and computerized economic system, maybe through a microchip under the skin. If this December 21, 2012 'Mayan Doomsday Calendar Event' thing plays out, a physicist said polar reversal may not be that impacting. But he added that a solar flare spot from the sun hitting the Earth could cause the electrical grids to go down and set s back a hundred years or so. Imagine that. And the sun, for some reason or another, has been flaring up lately. We are in a generation that must have (not just need) modern technology. The microwave oven. Automobiles. Computers. And so on. We would essentially be returning to the days of the Wild West. Then your user name really would come in handy. It is hard to believe that we humans have gone from the horse and buggy to all of this space age stuff in just a matter of about 100 years. And then to see all that reverse overnight? To go back to horses for transportation. No more oil. No more gasoline. And God have mercy on all those who would need modern medical care if it was to happen. But what I'm saying is that it would set back the economy big time. Accounting would go back to paper. No more computers. And what would happen to the stock market? Maybe old Confederate money would have some value then. They say gold never loses its value. Too bad I don't have any.

Then, how do you feel about a agrarian society as opposed to the industrial revolution?

But about this whole paid posters on Topix thing. I wouldn't doubt it. Now anyhone that starts a lot of subject threads will be suspected. Political threads, for example. I would think that the businesses or organizations would just create ads and pay Topix to air them instead of using paid posters. Doesn't make sense. Here's an idea. Maybe those groups could work with Topix and put on 'special subject threads' that are labeled as 'paid' in the forums. Like a 'thread ad'. Political parties and religious groups could do that maybe.
Mr G

Prospect, CT

#17 Nov 26, 2012
Yes absolutly, there no two ways about
it.
CSULB Josh

Long Beach, CA

#18 Nov 26, 2012
anonymous california wrote:
The Naturallization Act (1790) and the 14th Amendment (1868) have been used to create and continue a standard that prohibits any foreign born legal U.S. citizens from running for president.
A standard, that would make sense back then. In the late 1700s, the Revolutionary War was fought over independence from England. It was also when the first president was elected. In the 1860s, the Civil War was fought over the Southern states seceding from the Union. But it has become a outdated and unfair standard now in different times.
Arnold Schwarzenegger immigrated from Austria to the United States, at a young age, with his family and became a legal citizen. He has lived the American Dream, from professional bodybuilder to movie star actor to Governor of California.
Shouldn't he, and any other foreign born legal U.S.A. citizen for that matter, have the right to run for President if they so choose?
Terminate the law for the sake of The Terminator and stop the discrimination!
Why not? Arnold couldn't be any less interested in a bright future for American families than Comrade Obama.
El Guapo

Bethpage, NY

#19 Nov 27, 2012
his bastard son is allowed to run for president

Location hidden

#20 Nov 27, 2012
El Guapo wrote:
Scary.
anonymous california

Hillsboro, OH

#21 Nov 27, 2012
El Guapo wrote:
Duh!

Interesting though. Thanks for bringing that up. It opens the door to a whole other question deserving of its own thread. Should children born out of wedlock, who are LEGAL American citizens, NOT be allowed to run for president? And it even reaches deeper over to adopted childern. It all would open a big can of worms for lawmakers state by state and on a national level as well. And what better time to ask it? With everything going on with gay marriage and whatnot.

Schwarzenegger was a LEGAL citizen of the United States States Of America at the time of the child's birth, which in turn makes the child a LEGAL citizen of the 'North Americas', right? Therefore, his child would have every right to run ... or jog ... or walk ... or crawl ... or limp ... or ride a wheelchair ... for President.

Hypothetical here. I'm not an expert on immigration law though. Can someone please tell us if the baby would've been born on U.S. soil before Arnold became a citizen, if the child would be LEGAL a U.S., citizen? Correct me if I'm wrong but in ancient times, anyone born in Rome, Italy automatically became a citizen of the great Roman Empire. But I don't know if that 'birth providence' also spanned the whole of the Roman Empire as well or if it had to be strictly the city of the seven hills (Rome).

And out of curiosity. Was the child's mother a LEGAL U.S. citizen at the time of birth and would it even matter?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Beverly Hills Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 1 hr Samuel-6g-Jackson 19,357
loving the la 4 hr Anonymous 1
I like Beverly Hills as a NZer Oct 17 Michael K Mair 1
Elizabeth Pena dies at 55; actress in 'The Incr... Oct 16 Big mike 2
Jane Fonda Oct 14 Rushbo 3
NAACP Image Awards recognize soap actors Kristo... (Dec '12) Oct 14 dmw 76
Avoid these high-traffic areas while President ... Oct 9 ObamaInLAToGrabLand 1

Beverly Hills News Video

Beverly Hills Dating
Find my Match

Beverly Hills Jobs

Beverly Hills People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE