Growing e-cigarette trend raises safety concerns

Jul 21, 2013 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Press-Telegram

Vapes of Wrath in Long Beach sells e-cigarette and accessories July 18, 2013. The e-cigarette vaporizes a liquid solution, simulating the act of tobacco smoking.

Comments
1 - 20 of 112 Comments Last updated Tuesday Jul 22
First Prev
of 6
Next Last
Not a fan

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 21, 2013

Judged:

I bought one of the name brand E-cigs. It tasted like a cross between a cigar an a taste of cinnamon. Very harsh, couldn't take a puff without coughing.

I'll wait for the E-Joints to hit the market.
Ronald

Long Beach, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 21, 2013

Judged:

According to this Government licensed "news" organ:

"Of concern to health officials like Kushner is that e-cigs may model the real thing to such an extent that young people may take up smoking."

Would that be so bad? The 60s 70s generation, along with their idiot "Love" children *(now in power)* tricked out on mind rotting pot. These spoiled 60s 70s era people were handed the greatest nation the world has ever seen. And what a mess they made of things.

Unlike pot - which has the opposite effect - tobacco use tends to increase the mental acuity of those who enjoy its' simple pleasure. The pothead generation is now passing on. Let us hope that, when they are finally gone, mentally acute American children will once again stand defending the ramparts of the worldwide struggle for continued national existence.

As the children often say: "Try it. You might like it".

Ronald

Since: Feb 14

Phoenix, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 4, 2014

Judged:

Electronic cigarettes may appear to be the latest fad to many. They are a real good alternative to smoking tobacco. I got my first E-Cigarette Kit from http://www.americaneliquidstore.com/ and the product worked wonders now I do not feel like smoking tobacco anymore.

If anybody has thought of finding an alternative to quitting tobacco than e-cigarettes are a good option.
Ronald

Long Beach, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 4, 2014

Judged:

The war against ordinary women and men who switched from the simple worker *("middle")* class pleasure of enjoying an occasional tobacco product to the use of electronic "cigarettes" shows the hypocrisy of Big Government tax and controllers. The war against both is tax and increased Government control related, not "health" related, as the recent Democrat sponsored "Obamacare" debacle shows.

Hard earned taxpayer money is used to promote Government "junk science", junk science that is able to "prove" anything the tax and controller revolutionary occupiers want to "prove". Most of that junk "science" is developed in Government universities by wealthy taxpayer supported occupiers, so-called Government "professors" and wealthy Government agent "teachers".

Long Beach is the center of revolutionary activism. The city is home to one of the most radical of the entire incredibly expensive taxpayer funded California revolutionary university system. Not content to have destroyed the previously dynamic economy that existed prior to the 60s 70s revolutionary occupiers' seizure of academia, the revolutionary despots now harass the simple folks who use e "cigarettes" as a substitute for tobacco products.

Through the use of failed economic and social programs, the revolutionary political ruling elite have created a voting majority of servile taxpayer dependent constituents. The only effective political solution will be for the local radical Government university to be closed. Then, its existing infrastructure can be used as a trade school for the purpose of teaching students "real world" marketable skills, rather than for use by the occupiers to teach revolutionary ideology of long past centuries.

Ronald
ThomasA

Birmingham, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2014

Judged:

Look at "dangers of E-Cigs'" Water vapor alone doesn't make a "smoke" so the companies put an car anti-freeze chemical in the cartridge to show up a fake smoke. I have seen two instances where managers of restaurants have had to ask people to either put the E-Cigs away or leave. The other customers don't want to breathe the crap from the E-cig NOR the "vapors" blown out from some worn out nicotine filled smoker's lungs. The manager took the stand that it be better to lose one rude customer than have a whole room full not come back. APPLAUSE!!!!!!!
Ronald

Long Beach, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2014

Judged:

ThomasA wrote:
Look at "dangers of E-Cigs'" Water vapor alone doesn't make a "smoke" so the companies put an car anti-freeze chemical in the cartridge to show up a fake smoke. I have seen two instances where managers of restaurants have had to ask people to either put the E-Cigs away or leave. The other customers don't want to breathe the crap from the E-cig NOR the "vapors" blown out from some worn out nicotine filled smoker's lungs. The manager took the stand that it be better to lose one rude customer than have a whole room full not come back. APPLAUSE!!!!!!!
ThomasA.

Yes. You are right. Hysteria reigns. Most deaths are those of decent "non tobacco users", and most Government medical care costs are expended treating non tobacco users - by far.

Incidentally, your fictitious claim that e "cigarette" manufacturers put automobile anti-freeze in the cartridges is no worse than tax and control related hysterical "junk science" claims of Big Government concerning the "dangers" of tobacco. The instruction manual covers both yours, and Big Government's claims:

"Thou shalt not bear false witness against thy neighbour." (Exodus 20:16)

Ronald
Ronald

Long Beach, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 22, 2014

According to a report published by The Los Angeles Daily News, another bicycle driver narrowly escaped death. This time in Los Angeles.

Knowing its' tax and control related anti-e "cigarette" user measure would go down to defeat, revolutionary Council voted to delay a vote for one week when it is expected the anti consumer- pro-increased tax majority would be present.

Ever since Big Government nationalized Big Tobacco, both Government tobacco taxes collected and Big Tobacco profits have never been greater. Big Government taxers and controllers have a deathly fear that some means will be found to reduce Big Government tobacco taxes collected as well as reducing Big Tobacco profits. Big Government has proposed using its taxpayer funded "junk science" department to "prove" e-"cigarettes" are harmful.

Of the many wars revolutionary Council bullies are conducting against increasingly impoverished overtaxed Long Beachers, the wars against shoppers who drive automobiles and the war against decent Long Beachers who enjoy the simple worker *("middle")* class pleasure of an occasional tobacco product stand out.

Revolutionary Council has many GOOD things it COULD be doing, were it so inclined, and were it not for the fact that they maintain revolutionary power by catering to destructive minority interests. For example. Revolutionary Council jeopardizes public safety by permitting unlicensed, uninsured, untaxed, and unregulated unruly bicycle drivers to drive on the public roadway. Council also turns "a blind eye" to the danger presented by allowing unruly bicycle drivers and violence prone skateboard drivers to drive on taxpayer owned pedestrian sidewalks and on the grounds of the outmoded 60s era radical Government university that is located in the city..

One obese Council person - sensing defeat - used procedural technicalities to delay a vote on the war against e-"cigarette" users until a Council majority of pro-increased tax Council persons would be present. Wouldn't the public be better served were this obese Council person join the battle to put warning labels on dangerous OBESITY CAUSING candy and soft drinks that are sold to children - and others - in city licensed businesses, including ostensibly "health related" Government controlled pharmacies?

Source: http://tinyurl.com/mg3vdwn

Source: http://tinyurl.com/nvsosjb

Source: http://tinyurl.com/k5u64lm

Ronald

Since: Jul 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 22, 2014

Judged:

Ronald wrote:
According to a report published by The Los Angeles Daily News, another bicycle driver narrowly escaped death. This time in Los Angeles.
Another thousand or so words of insane paranoia
Ronald
Ronald
You are wearing that tin hat WAAAAYYYY too tight. Loosen it up and let some blood circulate in your brain.
Ronald

Long Beach, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 22, 2014

bud_schmones wrote:
<quoted text>
Ronald
You are wearing that tin hat WAAAAYYYY too tight. Loosen it up and let some blood circulate in your brain.
bud_schmones.

Exactly. The children often ask me if Big Government activists *(so-called "change agents")* are acting in the best interests of the American people? I never give them a direct reply, rather, I provide them with examples. This helps the little tykes to think for themselves, and thereby overcome the ideological debasement they have suffered at the hands of Big Government schools.

Ronald

Since: Jul 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 22, 2014

Judged:

Ronald wrote:
<quoted text>
bud_schmones.
Exactly. The children often ask me if Big Government activists *(so-called "change agents")* are acting in the best interests of the American people? I never give them a direct reply, rather, I provide them with examples. This helps the little tykes to think for themselves, and thereby overcome the ideological debasement they have suffered at the hands of Big Government schools.
Ronald
I love the way you show, by example, smoking promoting mental health.
Ronald

Long Beach, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 22, 2014

Judged:

bud_schmones wrote:
<quoted text>
I love the way you show, by example, smoking promoting mental health.
bud_schmones.

Good point. Because Big Government has access to unlimited taxpayer money, it can use its taxpayer funded "junk science" bureaucracy to fund the "proving" of anything it desires. Aided in this effort are the sleeping Government "news" media lapdogs that will either faithfully fan the flames of hysteria, or act as conscious agents to conceal relevant facts, depending on the desire of their Big Government masters. For example, Government "news" reports that decent tobacco users die - even many decent tobacco users far outlive many decent non-tobacco users of good-will. The fact is, though, that the death rate among non-tobacco users is nearly 100%. When was the last time Government "news" reported that fact?

Ronald
ThomasA

Birmingham, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 22, 2014

Judged:

In the meantime , keep the E-Cigs out of decent people's air space. Just because you are trying to kick a habitual addiction to sucking in toxic fumes for some kind of a mental high doesn't mean we the public want that crap from your E- pacifier or your NASTY cigarette filled lungs exhaled out on us. If it's SOOOOOO good, inhale, swallow, and keep all the goodness to yourself!
Ronald

Long Beach, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 22, 2014

Judged:

ThomasA wrote:
In the meantime , keep the E-Cigs out of decent people's air space. Just because you are trying to kick a habitual addiction to sucking in toxic fumes for some kind of a mental high doesn't mean we the public want that crap from your E- pacifier or your NASTY cigarette filled lungs exhaled out on us. If it's SOOOOOO good, inhale, swallow, and keep all the goodness to yourself!
ThomasA.

No offense, but before you make such claims, perhaps you should state your "sniffer" qualifications. For example, when you ride taxpayer owned public buses, do you sniff bus seats where cute guys have sat? Do you ride elevators in hopes fellow riders will exhaust body odors through their posterior orifice, in an effort to increase the acuity of your olfactory senses? Are you aware that those odors are, in fact, gasses? If you can convince me of your qualifications, I might consider - in small part - believing your hysterics have some basis in fact.

Ronald
Ronald

Long Beach, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 24, 2014

In an effort to appear to be politically correct, and thereby eliminate the need to stand up to their Big Government masters, certain of the Government licensed pharmacies have taken the lead and are no longer selling tobacco products to their many millions decent former customers.

Meanwhile, in keeping with tax and control related Governmental anti-tobacco user - pro-zonked out - pot user hysteria, revolutionary Council is in the process of "controlling" *(i.e. imposing heavy taxes on the users of these beneficial products)* e-"cigarettes" in order to maintain the lucrative tobacco related Big Government taxes the tobacco scam provides, as well as the Big Profits Council's Big Tobacco pals rake in.

Even so, this pharmaceutical giant openly displays OBESITY RELATED candy and sugar containing soft drinks in FULL VIEW of little children. In all likelihood, it will continue selling NICOTINE PATCHES to helpless tobacco "addicts". Council looks the other way. They do NOTHING.

Revolutionary Council uses the old "nicotine is harmful" scam as the rationale' to do its part to impose yet another heavy tax on the American people. The children often ask me what does the FDA say about nicotine - an "addictive" "drug" that is found in beneficial foods such as potatoes and cauliflower? I always refer the children to The Consumer Update page of the US Food and Drug Administration. According to the best medical minds at FDA:

"When nicotine replacement therapy (NRT) products were first marketed almost 30 years ago to help people stop smoking, there wasn't a lot of data available on how long consumers could safely use them, and whether they could be used in combination with other NRTs or continued smoking.

"That has changed in the intervening years as researchers conducted studies and clinical trials.

"Now, the Food and Drug Administration—after reviewing scientific research on the safety of NRT products sold over the counter (OTC)—has decided that some warnings and limitations specified in the directions for use on the labels of these products are no longer necessary to make sure they are used safely and effectively to quit smoking.

"The changes that FDA is allowing to these labels reflect the fact that although any nicotine-containing product is potentially addictive, decades of research and use have shown that NRT products sold OTC do not appear to have significant potential for abuse or dependence.

"The changes being recommended by FDA include a removal of the warning that consumers should not use an NRT product if they are still smoking, chewing tobacco, using snuff or any other product that contains nicotine—including another NRT."

Of course, FDA is a political machine, and the machinery of Big Government is controlled by Big Leftist tax and controllers. If this radical element sees tobacco taxes are not growing in accordance with the needs of their fat-cat "the poor" voting majority supporters, it will likely result in "a new paradigm". which will likely be stated on a future FDA web page revision.

Source: http://tinyurl.com/d7mewo7

Ronald
ThomasA

Birmingham, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 26, 2014

Judged:

Ronald wrote:
<quoted text>
ThomasA.
No offense, but before you make such claims, perhaps you should state your "sniffer" qualifications. For example, when you ride taxpayer owned public buses, do you sniff bus seats where cute guys have sat? Do you ride elevators in hopes fellow riders will exhaust body odors through their posterior orifice, in an effort to increase the acuity of your olfactory senses? Are you aware that those odors are, in fact, gasses? If you can convince me of your qualifications, I might consider - in small part - believing your hysterics have some basis in fact.
Ronald
You're attempting to run the train off the tracks with that bantering. Inconsiderate people vaping in crowded public places like family restaurants gym grandstands , department stores, and theater lobbies and even in the theaters are the product's worst enemy and will continue to bring on ordinances against them.
Ronald

Long Beach, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 26, 2014

Judged:

ThomasA wrote:
<quoted text> You're attempting to run the train off the tracks with that bantering. Inconsiderate people vaping in crowded public places like family restaurants gym grandstands , department stores, and theater lobbies and even in the theaters are the product's worst enemy and will continue to bring on ordinances against them.
ThomasA.

Yes. But you are a known hysteric. Your screen name is ThomasA. Are you, by chance, a girl with a daddy complex who masquerades as a boy? When you grow up and get married,- assuming you are able to catch a guy - do you intend to continue using your daddy's last name?

Ronald
DUMB IT DOWN 4 SMOKERS

Winnipeg, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 26, 2014

Judged:

Not a fan wrote:
I bought one of the name brand E-cigs. It tasted like a cross between a cigar an a taste of cinnamon. Very harsh, couldn't take a puff without coughing.
I'll wait for the E-Joints to hit the market.
They dip them in pigshit
Dan

Omaha, NE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 26, 2014

Judged:

DUMB IT DOWN 4 SMOKERS wrote:
<quoted text> They dip them in pigshit
....from Winnipeg?
DUMB IT DOWN 4 Puffers

Winnipeg, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 26, 2014

Judged:

Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
....from Winnipeg?
No OMAHA HA HA
ThomasA

Birmingham, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 26, 2014

Ronald wrote:
<quoted text>
ThomasA.
Yes. But you are a known hysteric. Your screen name is ThomasA. Are you, by chance, a girl with a daddy complex who masquerades as a boy? When you grow up and get married,- assuming you are able to catch a guy - do you intend to continue using your daddy's last name?
Ronald
You've exhausted your ability to discuss the topic, so you turn down another alley and attack the people posting. Better go on to bed before they call lights out on your hall.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 6
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Beverly Hills Discussions

Search the Beverly Hills Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Russel brand is famous for what? 2 hr Ibn Natas 1
Stalker case leads to lawsuit against St. Bruno... (Feb '13) 3 hr Hey clueless 1,271
The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 10 hr Lumpy Churchhill 18,610
CA California seeks to ban free, single-use carryo... (Jun '10) 11 hr seekers 4,900
CA CA Proposition 23 - Global Warming (Oct '10) 11 hr Pole swap 7,855
CA Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) 17 hr Orange Cove cow licker 200,366
CA California Proposition 19: the Marijuana Legali... (Oct '10) 17 hr rain or snow to slow 15,928
•••
•••

Beverly Hills News Video

•••
Beverly Hills Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Beverly Hills Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••