Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 Full story: www.cnn.com 201,185

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Full Story
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#193888 May 30, 2013
veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
How about this... You go out and change all of the laws regarding pedophilia--make them determine what kind of pedophile they're dealing with. But be ready for all of the different types. There are Catholic, Baptists, Atheists, teachers, coaches, troop leaders, politicians, etc.
When it comes right down to it, would you want a man who has a history of molesting little girls working with little boys?
IMHO, if you are a pedophile, you are a pedophile. And the laws, as well as the scientists, seem to agree on that.
My activist days are long over. I am old and in a wheelchair. I simply want to discuss these issues, not march in the streets. I cannot. But you should be out there instead of here losing arguments with me on a silly topix thread.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#193889 May 30, 2013
KiMare wrote:
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
There is to the boys and the girls.
And they are distinct pedophiles.
Surely it would be wise to label the gender danger a pedophile represents?
Or are you suggesting we leave a child at risk to be politically correct?
<quoted text>
If those designations would protect the child, yes.
But you know they don't.
You also know what I suggest does protect them, and the only reason it is not used is political correctness. To the detriment of the child.
However, more than gay pedophiles jumping for joy, the Scouts are careful about opposite gender leaders in camping situations with Scouts. A responsible recognition to the power of mating behavior. Homosexuals are exempt from that temptation and discretion?
All this is just another example of homosexuals throwing common sense and children under the bus to fulfill their fantasy and denial.
<quoted text>
Amazing.
You are willing to throw children under the bus with your denial. Now claim simple common sense makes me a gay pedophile.
Just plain vile.
As Rose_NoHo's "Law" insists "Only morons care about children".

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#193890 May 30, 2013
veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
You always seem to "omit" Ted Olson's reply to the justice, so I'll help you out once again...
Ted Olson: "Well, you've said -- you've said in the cases decided by this Court that the polygamy issue, multiple marriages raises questions about exploitation, abuse, patriarchy, issues with respect to taxes, inheritance, child custody, it is an entirely different thing. And if you -- if a State prohibits polygamy, it's prohibiting conduct. If it prohibits gay and lesbian citizens from getting married, it is prohibiting their exercise of a right based upon their status.
It's selecting them as a class, as you described in the Romer case and as you described in the Lawrence case and in other cases."
See... Apples and oranges... Conduct vs. status...
It's so simple that even someone like you can understand.
In a few words, he put your "polygamy scare-tactic" to rest.
Hilarious.

An embarrassingly stupid argument.

One committed relationship is 'conduct', but another is 'status'?

Location hidden

#193891 May 30, 2013
veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
No... It isn't an ad hominem. It is a legitimate point.
He is fascinated with all things gay. He has explicitly described gay male (not female) sex on multiple occasions. I would even go so far as to say that he seems to know more about gay male (not female) sex than many gay men. And he believes himself to be an expert on pedophilia.
We know he's not an attorney; so he doesn't have a great legal mind with regards to the law when it comes to pedophilia. And we know he's not a scientist or physician. We know he's not completed coursework or studied gay male behavior.
And yet he seems to know so much.
Why is that? How does an allegedly straight pastor know so much about these topics?
It would require a great deal of exploration or firsthand knowledge.
They don't teach these kinds of things when you get your bachelor's degree in religion, which is what he has.
How does he know so much?
At this point, I'm just a near senile old man. All I've got is simple common sense.

I ask practical questions, like, "How do you protect a young boy from a gay pedophile?"

Your answer is, "There is no such thing as Sandusky."

“Vita e' Bella.”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#193892 May 30, 2013
veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
You always seem to "omit" Ted Olson's reply to the justice, so I'll help you out once again...
Ted Olson: "Well, you've said -- you've said in the cases decided by this Court that the polygamy issue, multiple marriages raises questions about exploitation, abuse, patriarchy, issues with respect to taxes, inheritance, child custody, it is an entirely different thing. And if you -- if a State prohibits polygamy, it's prohibiting conduct. If it prohibits gay and lesbian citizens from getting married, it is prohibiting their exercise of a right based upon their status.
But he didn't fully address the question. He simply offered an answer in support of SSM, and stated multiple marriages raises questions. Not once did he say it shouldn't be legal. So again, if marriage is a fundamental right, what state restrictions could ever exist? It seems he, and you are claiming that SSM is a "fundamental right", but plural marriage isn't.
It's selecting them as a class, as you described in the Romer case and as you described in the Lawrence case and in other cases."
See... Apples and oranges... Conduct vs. status...
It's so simple that even someone like you can understand.
In a few words, he put your "polygamy scare-tactic" to rest.
Why do you call polygamy a "scare tactic"? Is SSM such a secular sacred cow that it must be legalized? Why does it matter to you, or any other SSM advocate, if polygamy is legalized? Seems rather hypocritical of you to proclaim that the sole legal definition of marriage as a monogamous union of husband and wife should be discarded to accommodate your version of marriage but no one else.

A few questions. Does any state require a statement of orientation prior to issuance of a marriage license? Does any state prohibit "mixed orientation" marriages? Does any state prohibit a person from marrying outside their self stated sexual orientation?
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#193893 May 30, 2013
veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
No... It isn't an ad hominem. It is a legitimate point.
He is fascinated with all things gay. He has explicitly described gay male (not female) sex on multiple occasions. I would even go so far as to say that he seems to know more about gay male (not female) sex than many gay men. And he believes himself to be an expert on pedophilia.
We know he's not an attorney; so he doesn't have a great legal mind with regards to the law when it comes to pedophilia. And we know he's not a scientist or physician. We know he's not completed coursework or studied gay male behavior.
And yet he seems to know so much.
Why is that? How does an allegedly straight pastor know so much about these topics?
It would require a great deal of exploration or firsthand knowledge.
They don't teach these kinds of things when you get your bachelor's degree in religion, which is what he has.
How does he know so much?
Maybe he's gay. Is that bad? I don't think so. But it's irrelevant and ad hominem.

And I never will understand someone gay using gay as an insult. "Oh yeah? You're gay! Just like me!"

Location hidden

#193894 May 30, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe he's gay. Is that bad? I don't think so. But it's irrelevant and ad hominem.
And I never will understand someone gay using gay as an insult. "Oh yeah? You're gay! Just like me!"
Does a lesbian trapped in a straight man count?

Since: Dec 09

Knoxville, TN

#193895 May 30, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Sure. But men who molest only boys are gay.
Can you cite any studies that would back up your claims?

See, when I got my master's degree in Clinical Social Work, we did talk about child sexual abuse. And do you know the one distinguishing characteristic of child sexual predators? Almost all sexual predators were victims of child sex abuse themselves.

It had nothing to do with their orientation.

Gay men like gay MEN. We aren't interested in children any more than heterosexual men are interested in little girls.

Gay men like a fully developed man, just like heterosexual men like fully developed women.

Child sexual predators are typically attracted to prepubescent kids. It's youth that they are attracted to; not so much gender. And like rapists, their acts are largely based on anger, control, and dominance.

As a social worker I was taught to look for certain behaviors and dynamics when dealing with kids who came to the ER with suspicious and certain types of injuries.

I've dealt with kids who were the victims of sex abuse. I've worked with a few child sex offenders.

I once worked for a mobile psychiatric crisis unit. I was called to a local jail where a man was being held for molesting his granddaughter. He was going to go before a judge to have his bail set. He was not someone who most would believe to be a pedophile. He had a good job. He was married. He had an advanced degree. And he was an active church-goer. But his granddaughter developed an unexplained rash between her legs. She was just old enough to tell her mother that her "papaw" had his face in her lap. He had left "beard burn" on her skin.

Anyhow, I was called out to see him because he became suicidal. It wasn't uncommon for a criminal to claim to be suicidal. For one thing, if they could convince you that they were suicidal, then they got to leave general population and go to the medical ward or to a protective cell. If they were truly suicidal, then they might even be transferred from jail completely and taken to a locked psychiatric unit.

I met with this guy for over an hour. He didn't have a history of suicidal behavior. He wasn't hearing voices that were commanding him to kill himself. He didn't have ready access to lethal means of killing himself. So, I assessed him to be "safe".

I recommended that he be placed on suicide precautions (checked every 15 minutes), have his shoes, sheets, and prison jumpsuit removed (he would be given paper clothing).

This guy talked for quite a while about his own sexual abuse as a kid. It was a family friend. He had been abused for many years.

But you know the one thing that really stuck out to me as I interviewed him? Not one time did he say, "I should never have touched her." Not once did he express contempt for his actions. He seemed to have no guilt over the charges that had been filed against him.

Rather, he seemed upset that he was caught. He was upset that he would not be able to work again. He was upset that he was going to lose his house--his wife--his children. He was afraid that he might be hurt by another inmate while he was in jail. He was even afraid of the staff.

The more I talked to him, the more I begin to get the suspicion that his attorney had put him up to threatening suicide as a legal maneuver. Anything he told me was inadmissible due to patient confidentiality laws. But I figure he and his attorney believed that the courts might go easier on him if he were so "ill" that he needed to be locked in a mental hospital.

The dynamics involved in an adult who preys on children are much different than an adult who is attracted to another adult. For starters, there's the issue of mutual attraction. Then there is consent. There is the notion of having a long-term relationship with a person. These things aren't present when a pedophile goes after a kid.

Knoxville, TN

#193896 May 30, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not insulting him for being gay. I'm insulting him for possibly being a hypocritical, self-loathing, closeted gay man who attacks gay men for being gay. If he is a gay man, his posts are dangerous to other LGBT people. He stirs up anti-homosexual sentiment. Can you imagine being a gay kid who comes across the shit he says? He's as dangerous as a cocked gun.

THAT'S why insult him. Not because he's gay.

Knoxville, TN

#193897 May 30, 2013
Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
But he didn't fully address the question. He simply offered an answer in support of SSM, and stated multiple marriages raises questions. Not once did he say it shouldn't be legal. So again, if marriage is a fundamental right, what state restrictions could ever exist? It seems he, and you are claiming that SSM is a "fundamental right", but plural marriage isn't.
<quoted text>
Why do you call polygamy a "scare tactic"? Is SSM such a secular sacred cow that it must be legalized? Why does it matter to you, or any other SSM advocate, if polygamy is legalized? Seems rather hypocritical of you to proclaim that the sole legal definition of marriage as a monogamous union of husband and wife should be discarded to accommodate your version of marriage but no one else.
A few questions. Does any state require a statement of orientation prior to issuance of a marriage license? Does any state prohibit "mixed orientation" marriages? Does any state prohibit a person from marrying outside their self stated sexual orientation?
1.) Yes, I am claiming that SSM is a fundamental right, but plural marriage is not. I don't think I can be any clearer on this issue.

2.) It might SEEM hypocritical for me to support SSM but not polygamy, but then again, I don't care how I SEEM to you. These are my personal beliefs. You are free to disagree all you want.

3.) As to your last three questions; no, no, and no.

“Busting Kimare's”

Since: Feb 13

Clitty

#193898 May 30, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
At this point, I'm just a near senile old man. All I've got is simple common sense."
And yet, you haven't shown any common sense to date.

Knoxville, TN

#193899 May 30, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
At this point, I'm just a near senile old man. All I've got is simple common sense.
I ask practical questions, like, "How do you protect a young boy from a gay pedophile?"
Your answer is, "There is no such thing as Sandusky."
Here's a question... How do you protect the LGBT community from a near, senile old man, who has no scientific or legal knowledge, just good old common sense?

I think the answer might seem a little distasteful, but the way you protect the LGBT community from a near senile old man is to wait for him to pass on to the next level.

I may die tonight. But there are millions of LGBT people on the planet who are unwilling to go hide away in the closet. On the other hand, as the older folks are dying off, more and more young people are filling in their space. And this younger generation is much better educated and don't have the same fears of homosexuality as folks like you.

They'll be here long after old, near senile men are nothing but a BITTER memory.

Location hidden

#193900 May 30, 2013
veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not insulting him for being gay. I'm insulting him for possibly being a hypocritical, self-loathing, closeted gay man who attacks gay men for being gay. If he is a gay man, his posts are dangerous to other LGBT people. He stirs up anti-homosexual sentiment. Can you imagine being a gay kid who comes across the shit he says? He's as dangerous as a cocked gun.
THAT'S why insult him. Not because he's gay.
Priceless.

Defending the violent anal violation of a gay kid.

Brings a whole new meaning to social worker...

Location hidden

#193901 May 30, 2013
Dusty Mangina wrote:
<quoted text>
And yet, you haven't shown any common sense to date.
Anal sex is inherently harmful, unhealthy and demeaning would be a start.

a ss couple can only ever be a mutually sterile pointless duplicate gendered half of marriage would be another...

See how easy that is, and I'm just getting started!
Xmas card list

Covina, CA

#193902 May 30, 2013
Remember when the STUPID republicans wasted 6-months investigating a Christmas Card list?

Of the Clintons?

Yep leave it to stupid republicans to waste tie and money@.

Location hidden

#193903 May 30, 2013
veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
Here's a question... How do you protect the LGBT community from a near, senile old man, who has no scientific or legal knowledge, just good old common sense?
I think the answer might seem a little distasteful, but the way you protect the LGBT community from a near senile old man is to wait for him to pass on to the next level.
I may die tonight. But there are millions of LGBT people on the planet who are unwilling to go hide away in the closet. On the other hand, as the older folks are dying off, more and more young people are filling in their space. And this younger generation is much better educated and don't have the same fears of homosexuality as folks like you.
They'll be here long after old, near senile men are nothing but a BITTER memory.
Don't you realize that while I will pass on, there will always be near senile old men with common sense stepping up to the denial pile? That's just simple common sense!
Xmas Card List

Covina, CA

#193904 May 30, 2013
Remember when the STUPID Republicans wasted 6-months of valuable time investigating a Christmas Card list that the White House used to send out Xmas Cards?

Of the Clintons?

“Busting Kimare's”

Since: Feb 13

Clitty

#193905 May 30, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Anal sex is inherently harmful, unhealthy and demeaning would be a start.
a ss couple can only ever be a mutually sterile pointless duplicate gendered half of marriage would be another...
See how easy that is, and I'm just getting started!
just getting started? Honey, you were finished ages ago.
Xmas Card List

Covina, CA

#193907 May 30, 2013
Republicans are still running around looking for a ghost, sorry Charlie's.

Remember when the STUPID republicans wasted 6-months investigating a Christmas Card list?

Of the Clintons?

Knoxville, TN

#193908 May 30, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Priceless.
Defending the violent anal violation of a gay kid.
Brings a whole new meaning to social worker...
How did you get that from what I said?

See, that's what I'm talking about... You're always going up the ass of somebody. You are obsessed with the male ass.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Beverly Hills Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Young Man Believes Music Can Heal The World 4 hr Len is Disgusted 161
The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 5 hr Sheboon 19,565
California Wind Farms Kilt All The Birds (Aug '11) 8 hr Redneck 3
Anyone Get Kilt By Your Santa Anar Winds (Dec '11) 8 hr Redneck 5
Real Housewives Husband Kilt Himself (Aug '11) 8 hr Redneck 3
Ukiah police and fire log: Wednesday, Dec. 24, ... 9 hr Here Is One 1
Conrad Murray and girlfriend Nicole Alvarez enj... Tue Wicca 41

High Wind Warning for Los Angeles County was issued at December 24 at 1:46PM PST

Beverly Hills News Video

Beverly Hills Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Beverly Hills People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Beverly Hills News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Beverly Hills

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 4:16 pm PST