Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 Full story: www.cnn.com 200,976

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Full Story
Big D

Modesto, CA

#193742 May 29, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Prop 8 discriminates against polygamy the same as it does against SSM. What don't you understand about A man and A woman? Does it say men? Does it say women? Always ask for help. Remember, there are no stupid posts, only stupid posters such as yourself.
If the other laws against polygamy were repealed but prop 8 was not, would polygamy be legal? No? What would be stopping it? Prop 8 would! Very good! See?
I'm not a tool in the shed and you are not smart.
It also discriminates against marriage to space aliens.( chuckle ) Bring them in and more than double the number of people that will be interested in this aspect.

I understand the entire thing Frankie, I am not the one with a comprehension issues.
If you were honest we could have a conversation
but you aren’t ( shrug )
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#193743 May 29, 2013
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
It also discriminates against marriage to space aliens.( chuckle ) Bring them in and more than double the number of people that will be interested in this aspect.
I understand the entire thing Frankie, I am not the one with a comprehension issues.
If you were honest we could have a conversation
but you aren’t ( shrug )
Of course it's the other way around.
Big D

Modesto, CA

#193744 May 29, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course it's the other way around.
Seriously Frankie, if you bring in the UFO folks it will swell your numbers to over twice the current size.

There is no question that marriage between 1 mind and 1 woman discriminates against 4 out of 5 sexes on Vega :D
BoydCounty

Covina, CA

#193745 May 29, 2013
Glendora, California home front says;

I will defend your campaign to recall our elected officials if you are unhappy with the incumbents, vote them out; it's that simple.

We all already know that our elected representatives have let us down.

It's sad to witness some people doing all the wrong things for all the wrong reasons.

We, the taxpayers, need to keep our spending at City Hall to a minimum until we can shore up our general fund and reserve.

Since: Dec 09

Knoxville, TN

#193746 May 29, 2013
Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
True.
<quoted text>
Not so fast, there are a number of factors involved. Even so, it still involves behavior.
<quoted text>
What restrictions, beyond age of consent, and being able to consent are there? Opposite sex, not closely related by blood, and not currently legally married. That's it! A few states have dispensed with the opp sex requirement. That leaves number, and blood relation. Which one of those are acceptable to you, and why? Will either one impact you personally?
If a gay guy becomes unable to perform sexually, he is still gay. His attractions--his orientation--is to be attracted to other men.

Being gay does not require an "action". In fact, as most gay men report, they knew that they were gay from an early age because of their ATTRACTTION to other males.

Being a polygamist requires an act. It requires an attempt to have multiple spouses.

I am willing to bet that many married men look longingly at other women. Does their desire to be with other women make them "polygamists"? No! It makes them men with attractions--with an orientation toward the opposite sex.

You're not going to win this one.

Finally, I WILL NOT endorse any attempts to legalize polygamy, marriage between blood relatives, underage marriage, etc.

Your post above, about the guy who wishes to legalize his marriage to his three wives, has the SAME access to the SAME processes that the LGBT Community has used to fight for their own marriage recognition.

He has the same capability to go out and hire an attorney, seek the backing of the ACLU, mobilize other polygamists, educate the public on the benefits of polygamy, sway the masses that denying polygamy is discriminatory behavior, etc.

Perhaps he'll be successful.

Since: Dec 09

Knoxville, TN

#193747 May 29, 2013
KNOXVILLE — Two West Knox County brothers are recovering at a local hospital as authorities continue to investigate numerous beatings they allegedly suffered by their stepmother, the state Department of Children’s Services confirms.

Deputies arrested Jessica Ann Cox, 36, in the mobile home park where she lives at 834 Canton Hollow Road on charges of child abuse and aggravated child abuse Tuesday, according to the Knox County Sheriff’s Office.

Warrants allege that Cox repeatedly abused the two brothers, ages 14 and 16. The older boy told authorities she had handcuffed his hands above his head to a kitchen cabinet and beat him on his feet with a rubber mallet and wooden rolling pin, warrants state. Authorities found the older boy to have swollen legs and a large, open wound on the top of his foot.

Other times, Cox allegedly handcuffed the brothers together.

“Both victims stated they have been handcuffed numerous times and burned with cigarettes and incense,” the warrants read.“(The 16-year-old) has scars consistent with healed burns on his arms and penis.”

The two victims now are at East Tennessee Children’s Hospital. Two other children also were removed from the residence Tuesday and placed in the custody of relatives, DCS spokesman Rob Johnson said.

KCSO and the state Department of Children’s Services continue to investigate the case, according to the warrants.

DCS Child Protective Services investigators are looking into the family history, he added, although it was not immediately clear whether DCS previously has received reports of alleged abuse in the household.

----------

I wonder if Kimare believes that these kids would have preferred being raised by a non-abusive, supportive, loving, same-sex couple, if given the option.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#193748 May 29, 2013
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
Seriously Frankie, if you bring in the UFO folks it will swell your numbers to over twice the current size.
There is no question that marriage between 1 mind and 1 woman discriminates against 4 out of 5 sexes on Vega :D
You are even more ridiculous than the stupidest SSM detractor. You use the same arguments you ridicule when used against SSM and you are too stupid to realize it.

“equality for ALL means ALL”

Since: Jan 07

Fort Lauderdale FL

#193749 May 29, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
I support marriage equality, and you do not. LOL. Fricking hypocrite.
Now you're making assumptions out of your ass. Dickwad.
Big D

Modesto, CA

#193750 May 29, 2013
veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>He has the same capability to go out and hire an attorney, seek the backing of the ACLU, mobilize other polygamists, educate the public on the benefits of polygamy, sway the masses that denying polygamy is discriminatory behavior, etc.
The bozos bringing this up here have already stated that they are personally not willing to lift a finger to promote polygamy, they just want to whine at you for not doing so.

whining, it is what they are good at

Fort Lauderdale FL

#193751 May 29, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
I find it difficult to see the logic of defending monogamous marriage as the historic norm when the laws of several states have already departed from the principle that it is heterosexual, monogamous marriage that is essential to social stability.
If heterosexuality is no longer legally, morally or socially relevant to marriage, why should monogamy continue to be so important?
Why is "if heterosexuality is no longer legally, morally or socially relevant to marriage" of any consequence to "why should monogamy continue to be so important?"

What does monogamy have to do with polygamy? Plenty of traditionally married couples are not monogamous. They cheat all over the place, divorce and remarry, etc.

There is no cause and effect here. It's a matter of perspective.

Fort Lauderdale FL

#193752 May 29, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
The issue here is this: how does a self-consciously modern, liberal society continue to criminalize a form of marriage that has existed throughout the world for millennia, when it has at the same time legalized a completely new form of marriage between same-sex couples?
Again - what does the first have to do with the second? It's an artificial parallel.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#193753 May 29, 2013
veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
If a gay guy becomes unable to perform sexually, he is still gay. His attractions--his orientation--is to be attracted to other men.
Being gay does not require an "action". In fact, as most gay men report, they knew that they were gay from an early age because of their ATTRACTTION to other males.
Being a polygamist requires an act. It requires an attempt to have multiple spouses.
I am willing to bet that many married men look longingly at other women. Does their desire to be with other women make them "polygamists"? No! It makes them men with attractions--with an orientation toward the opposite sex.
You're not going to win this one.
Finally, I WILL NOT endorse any attempts to legalize polygamy, marriage between blood relatives, underage marriage, etc.
Your post above, about the guy who wishes to legalize his marriage to his three wives, has the SAME access to the SAME processes that the LGBT Community has used to fight for their own marriage recognition.
He has the same capability to go out and hire an attorney, seek the backing of the ACLU, mobilize other polygamists, educate the public on the benefits of polygamy, sway the masses that denying polygamy is discriminatory behavior, etc.
And Mexican Americans had the same right to fight for equal rights that African Americans did? Or did they get them at the same time?

Did MLK only seek equality for African Americans or for all races?

How does it feel to argue against true marriage equality? You are doing it poorly.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#193754 May 29, 2013
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#193755 May 29, 2013
Tony C wrote:
<quoted text>
Now you're making assumptions out of your ass. Dickwad.
No need to make assumptions, your hostility towards polygamy is obvious.

As if you didn't pull any assumptions about me out of your ass.
Big D

Modesto, CA

#193756 May 29, 2013
Tony C wrote:
<quoted text>
Again - what does the first have to do with the second? It's an artificial parallel.
Tony, just so you know Frankie is not the least bit interested in Polygamy and has said so, he only uses it to attack anyone that supports same sex marriage.

Never assume he is being honest about anything he says, he has been caught in so many lies by so many people here it is staggering.

He is nothing but a troll
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#193757 May 29, 2013
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
The bozos bringing this up here have already stated that they are personally not willing to lift a finger to promote polygamy, they just want to whine at you for not doing so.
whining, it is what they are good at
This particular bozo just wants to discuss marriage equality without you bozos attempts at censorship.
laughing man

Tempe, AZ

#193758 May 29, 2013
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
And now it takes a dump on the Common Man, the very same group that it needs so desperately in order to claim "support" for its decadence.

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#193759 May 29, 2013
Tony C wrote:
<quoted text>
The child has never gotten a vote in the composition of their families.
Also, the child will readily adapt to nearly any situation.
Those two statements are perfect evidence that ss couples do not equate to natural parents. It even puts into doubt their ability to care for children.

The rest of your post is pure denial and gay twirl.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#193760 May 29, 2013
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
Tony, just so you know Frankie is not the least bit interested in Polygamy and has said so, he only uses it to attack anyone that supports same sex marriage.
Never assume he is being honest about anything he says, he has been caught in so many lies by so many people here it is staggering.
Perhaps you'll refer us to proof of even one of my alleged lies.

You are lying when you say I have been caught in any lies and you know it. It's your M.O. When cornered, you lie.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#193761 May 29, 2013
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
If I wasn't interested in it I wouldn't be deflecting your hate of it.

And if you didn't fear it, I wouldn't have to.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Beverly Hills Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Has Gaga Lost the Gays? 59 min Big mike 8
Club hopping: The Crazy Horse (Jul '08) 1 hr music talk 79
Actress Daniele Watts, detained by police in St... 1 hr music talk 2
Bees - Moats 2 hr music talk 2
CA California seeks to ban free, single-use carryo... (Jun '10) 8 hr free for all 5,081
CA CA Proposition 23 - Global Warming (Oct '10) 20 hr surfs up 7,955
Suri Cruise's dog is missing in Los Angeles Sat bubba 69 2
•••

Beverly Hills News Video

•••
Beverly Hills Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Beverly Hills Jobs

•••
•••