Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 Full story: www.cnn.com 201,317

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Full Story
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#188832 Apr 16, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>one that uses a rational reason for not having SSm legal in the US. you have not put up even one of those yet.
why?
Because I support same sex marriage. Duh.
Big D

Modesto, CA

#188833 Apr 16, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Sure Big D, you would vote for poly despite the fact that you ridicule it with silly space alien and marry your goat schtick every chance you get.
We believe you.
I am not ridiculing poly, I am ridiculing you and your stupid arguments against same sex marriage trying ( and failing ) using things you are not actually even personally interested in.

Not laughing at Poly... laughing at you
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#188834 Apr 16, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>it would show that it is not a logical conclusion that legalizing SSm would mean we have to legalize polygamous marriage.
logic is fun!
I find it difficult to see the logic of defending monogamous marriage as the historic norm when several states have already departed from the principle that it is heterosexual, monogamous marriage that is essential to social stability.

Put bluntly, if heterosexuality is no longer legally, morally or socially relevant to marriage, why should monogamy continue to be so important?

Logic is brutal!
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#188835 Apr 16, 2013
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
I am not ridiculing poly, I am ridiculing you and your stupid arguments against same sex marriage trying ( and failing ) using things you are not actually even personally interested in.
Not laughing at Poly... laughing at you
Sure Big D, sure.

P.S. great argument!(Not.)
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#188836 Apr 16, 2013
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
I am not ridiculing poly, I am ridiculing you and your stupid arguments against same sex marriage trying ( and failing ) using things you are not actually even personally interested in.
Not laughing at Poly... laughing at you
Ha ha. so funny.

I find it difficult to see the logic of defending monogamous marriage as the historic norm when several states have already departed from the principle that it is heterosexual, monogamous marriage that is essential to social stability.

Put bluntly, if heterosexuality is no longer legally, morally or socially relevant to marriage, why should monogamy continue to be so important?
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#188837 Apr 16, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>one that uses a rational reason for not having SSm legal in the US. you have not put up even one of those yet.
why?
http://www.secularhumanism.org/...
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#188838 Apr 16, 2013
So why is polygamy illegal? Why don’t Mormons have the right to enter into multiple marriages sanctified by their church, if not the state? There’s a short answer to this question but not a very good one: polygamy is illegal and unprotected by the Constitution because the Supreme Court doesn’t like it.

Over one hundred years ago, the Court held in Reynolds v. U.S. that polygamy was “an offence against society.” The Reynolds decision upheld the criminal conviction of a man accused of taking a second wife in the belief that he had a religious duty to practice polygamy, a duty he would violate at risk of damnation. The Court compared polygamy to murders sanctified by religious belief, such as human sacrifice or the burning of women on their husbands’ funeral pyres.

Nice!

Since: Mar 11

Minnesota's North Coast

#188839 Apr 16, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
So why is polygamy illegal? Why don’t Mormons have the right to enter into multiple marriages sanctified by their church, if not the state? There’s a short answer to this question but not a very good one: polygamy is illegal and unprotected by the Constitution because the Supreme Court doesn’t like it.
Over one hundred years ago, the Court held in Reynolds v. U.S. that polygamy was “an offence against society.” The Reynolds decision upheld the criminal conviction of a man accused of taking a second wife in the belief that he had a religious duty to practice polygamy, a duty he would violate at risk of damnation. The Court compared polygamy to murders sanctified by religious belief, such as human sacrifice or the burning of women on their husbands’ funeral pyres.
Nice!
it is a silly religious cult tradition, and we are abetter society than making our laws based on stone-age cults and myths.

Since: Mar 11

Minnesota's North Coast

#188840 Apr 16, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
I find it difficult to see the logic of defending monogamous marriage as the historic norm when several states have already departed from the principle that it is heterosexual, monogamous marriage that is essential to social stability.
Put bluntly, if heterosexuality is no longer legally, morally or socially relevant to marriage, why should monogamy continue to be so important?
Logic is brutal!
heterosexual marraige is in now way essential to social stability, as proven by the countries that have had it for a while and now have a higher standard of living, healthier, happier citizens and better educated kids.

facts are fun!!

your argument was proven wrong before you were told to parrot it...so sad.
Big D

Modesto, CA

#188841 Apr 16, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Ha ha. so funny.
I find it difficult to see the logic of defending monogamous marriage as the historic norm when several states have already departed from the principle that it is heterosexual, monogamous marriage that is essential to social stability.
Put bluntly, if heterosexuality is no longer legally, morally or socially relevant to marriage, why should monogamy continue to be so important?
Yes we all know the slippery slope arguments against same sex marriage, we have heard them for years.

but some of us are less afraid of that slippery slope than you are. Because the word "marriage" does not belong to a belief system. We will take the issues, one at a time.

This ones time has come, same sex marriage.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#188842 Apr 16, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>it is a silly religious cult tradition, and we are abetter society than making our laws based on stone-age cults and myths.
You find others beliefs and traditions "silly" and therefore unsupportable, yet you expect others to respect and support yours?

What harm would a loving marriage of three adult consenting men cause you?
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#188843 Apr 16, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>heterosexual marraige is in now way essential to social stability, as proven by the countries that have had it for a while and now have a higher standard of living, healthier, happier citizens and better educated kids.
facts are fun!!
your argument was proven wrong before you were told to parrot it...so sad.
What? Is in now way? wha?

What is my argument? And when did you prove it wrong? Who told me to parrot an argument I never made?

Are you stupid or just upset? You make no sense.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#188844 Apr 16, 2013
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes we all know the slippery slope arguments against same sex marriage, we have heard them for years.
but some of us are less afraid of that slippery slope than you are. Because the word "marriage" does not belong to a belief system. We will take the issues, one at a time.
This ones time has come, same sex marriage.
But I am not making the slippery slope argument, you are.

http://www2.law.ucla.edu/volokh/marriage.pdf
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#188846 Apr 16, 2013
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes we all know the slippery slope arguments against same sex marriage, we have heard them for years.
but some of us are less afraid of that slippery slope than you are. Because the word "marriage" does not belong to a belief system. We will take the issues, one at a time.
This ones time has come, same sex marriage.
I cannot debate with you because you are so dishonest. You know damn well I support marriage equality. For opposite sex, same sex, poly and yes, even incest marriage. And you do not.

Stop being dishonest, it's stupid and no way to win an argument. Anyone of intelligence can see right through your attempts at a straw man argument and lack of an argument against true marriage equality.

I am not going to waste my time with your straw man argument that I am lying about supporting marriage equality. So stop trying.
heartandmind

Moline, IL

#188847 Apr 16, 2013
frank, great, then go start a law suit or something to get the ball rolling.

we'll watch and see how far you get. believe me, we won't be impeding your progress - we'll just be watching from the sidelines to see first hand your success or failure in attempting to get poly marriage legal.
Big D

Modesto, CA

#188848 Apr 16, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
I cannot debate with you because you are so dishonest. You know damn well I support marriage equality. For opposite sex, same sex, poly and yes, even incest marriage. And you do not.
Stop being dishonest, it's stupid and no way to win an argument. Anyone of intelligence can see right through your attempts at a straw man argument and lack of an argument against true marriage equality.
I am not going to waste my time with your straw man argument that I am lying about supporting marriage equality. So stop trying.
I cannot debate with you because you are so dishonest, you set up straw man arguments like Poly to scare people and fail miserably because you are not actually for Poly or your sister or what have you. You won’t raise a finger for any of the concepts you fail at championing on this forum.

You are just setting up straw man arguments, it is all you know, you cannot even be honest about your opposition to same sex marriage

If you had a gram of honesty we could have a debate about it, but we cannot because you will only continue to lie and set up your straw man arguments.

You are the one opposed to marriage, not I

Same sex marriage does not frighten me, and its time is now

Poly marriage does not frighten me, and its time may come in a decade or so, perhaps sooner but not likely

Marriage to your sister does not frighten me, first off she doesn’t want you, and secondly there is no public support for it, it won’t even come up.

Marrage to anamals doesn’t frighten me… not going to happen

Marrage to space aliens does not frighten me for the same reasons

You can try to scare people all day long, but all you succeed at is getting people to laugh at you.
joee

Walnut, CA

#188849 Apr 16, 2013
yess&#9608;
FullTilt

Covina, CA

#188850 Apr 16, 2013
Raymond Bitar, a known scammer there all alike, if this piece of dung lied and stole money from investors in his Glendora, California based Ponzi scheme.

Why let him off the hook because he has heart condition, he should have thought about that before he became a crook.

Take Douglas Tessitor for instance he too has a questionable scamming past.

Since: Apr 13

Bellevue, WA

#188851 Apr 16, 2013
I KNOW WHO THE BOSTON BOMBERS ARE... Ill bet they are connected to the army of god... ou know a christian hate group...

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/04/09/eric ...

the bigots brother who oh so sadly can't get the money from the book about his brother is pissed ....
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#188852 Apr 16, 2013
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
I cannot debate with you because you are so dishonest, you set up straw man arguments like Poly to scare people and fail miserably because you are not actually for Poly or your sister or what have you. You won’t raise a finger for any of the concepts you fail at championing on this forum.
You are just setting up straw man arguments, it is all you know, you cannot even be honest about your opposition to same sex marriage
If you had a gram of honesty we could have a debate about it, but we cannot because you will only continue to lie and set up your straw man arguments.
You are the one opposed to marriage, not I
Same sex marriage does not frighten me, and its time is now
Poly marriage does not frighten me, and its time may come in a decade or so, perhaps sooner but not likely
Marriage to your sister does not frighten me, first off she doesn’t want you, and secondly there is no public support for it, it won’t even come up.
Marrage to anamals doesn’t frighten me… not going to happen
Marrage to space aliens does not frighten me for the same reasons
You can try to scare people all day long, but all you succeed at is getting people to laugh at you.
Like I said, I cannot argue with a moron who insists I don't support my own argument. It's impossible.

But maybe you'll answer one question for me. Why would I lie? What possible motivation would I have to come here and attempt to argue a position I don't support?

You argument that I am lying is a straw man to avoid revealing your hypocrisy.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Beverly Hills Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 5 hr Lugnutz The Holy One 19,591
Marco Rubio in 2016! 6 hr D B Cooper 4
Disneyland Measles Outbreak Highlights Controve... 7 hr Mata Faka 5
A girl waves a Mexican flag during rallies in L... (Mar '06) Jan 24 ska kitten 4,503
Taylor Swift-Karlie Kloss: Singer Linked To Vic... Jan 24 TheAfroHedgehog 2
Iggy Azalea's shopping excursion in Ferrari tur... Jan 23 SAC is not fun 5
Whitney Houston hologram? Head of estate says y... Jan 23 nochaos 2

Beverly Hills News Video

Beverly Hills Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Beverly Hills People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 4:05 pm PST