Judge overturns California's ban on s...

Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

There are 201480 comments on the www.cnn.com story from Aug 4, 2010, titled Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage. In it, www.cnn.com reports that:

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at www.cnn.com.

Frankie Rizzo

Hayward, CA

#189195 Apr 18, 2013
"just the facts" and his sidekick Old SniffsButt Bill are stalking me.

Bill posted a death threat on another thread last night.

Bill plagiarizes my name and has a photo of a tombstone with my name on it as his avatar.

Nice!
Big D

Modesto, CA

#189196 Apr 18, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
I simply want to discuss marriage equality. Polygamy is very relevant in a discussion of marriage equality.
You cannot censor it away, stop trying. It advertizes your hypocrisy.
Then go start a forum that discusses a topic that has nothing to do with prop 8.

Your hierocracy is already obvious to everyone

Since: Dec 09

Knoxville, TN

#189197 Apr 18, 2013
akpilot wrote:
<quoted text>
The court DECRIMINALIZES,they do NOT legalize.
14 States still have laws on the books which declare sodomy ILLEGAL. The court cannot change that, the legislature must retract or repeal those laws. Until those states take such steps the act of sodomy in those states is ILLEGAL. The court cannot change that.
What the court can do, and is in fact what they did do, is DECRIMINALIZE sodomy. They remove the States ability to enforce or prosecute. You could in fact still be cited in those states for sodomy, the DA would then decide to pursue the charges. The court would then hear the case, and could apply stare decisis or not, and challenge the higher court. If it follows precedent, the State could appeal and likely the SCOTUS would simply ignore them. If the lower court challenges them, the SCOTUS would likely reverse the decision.
While the outcome essentially makes the practice "legal", the actual result is DECRIMINALIZATION. This also has to do with the fact that the Judiciary lacks the ability to legislate or "draft" law, they lack the power to make something legal or illegal
Like I said, if you are going to pretend to be a lawyer, learn the lingo.
First off, I've never come to this site and claimed to be a lawyer.

Second, I don't know why you want to quibble over this issue. The fact of the matter is that gay sex is "legal" because it is no longer "illegal".

When you "decriminalize" something, then it is no longer a criminal offense.

Heterosexual intercourse is not a criminal offense. Homosexual intercourse is not a criminal offense.

You don't have to be Perry Mason to understand these concepts.
ShipOfools

San Dimas, CA

#189198 Apr 18, 2013
How much or more stupider can Steve Herfert,Shelly Sanderson, Andrew McIntyre and Robert Sotelo (plumber).

Crying Hankies were not allowed in the West Covina, California council chamber's on the evening of April 16, 2013.

When the HONEST residents of West Covina finally got to confront those (so called elected official) with the truth and their feelings concerning the RACIST actions taken by a fat-head (steve herfert) but as to the other's who sat by and came
coconspirators by not lifting a finger to bring this (racist) bum down to his knees.

People like George Ogden, Mike Touhey and 3 other city council member's as well as their city attorney E. Glassman.

This started because a long time racists on the West Covina city council could control his S it spewing mouth on Feb. 05, 2013..
Frankie Rizzo

Hayward, CA

#189199 Apr 18, 2013
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
Then go start a forum that discusses a topic that has nothing to do with prop 8.
This is a perfectly good marriage equality forum, thank you.

As a matter of fact I have been here way longer than when you came barging in pontificating to us from the top of Big Dope Mountain.

I suggest if you don't like me here, go away! It's a simple concept really.

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#189200 Apr 18, 2013
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
Not an attempt, that is a major part of the case being argued :)
Exactly that, why do new same sex couples not have the same rights as previous same sex couples.
And it is indeed an equal rights issue, that one will eventually be pushed nationally depending on the outcome of DOMA
You're an idiot because you made the claim that "no court has ever agreed that same sex marriage was not an equal right's issue" and got smacked.

Now you are twisting and spinning as if you had something intelligent to say.

You didn't then, and you still don't now.

-You're an idiot!
Frankie Rizzo

Hayward, CA

#189201 Apr 18, 2013
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
What's hierocracy? Is that like a "leather daddy"?
Frankie Rizzo

Hayward, CA

#189202 Apr 18, 2013
akpilot wrote:
<quoted text>
You're an idiot because you made the claim that "no court has ever agreed that same sex marriage was not an equal right's issue" and got smacked.
-You're an idiot!
I second that.
Idiot control

San Dimas, CA

#189203 Apr 18, 2013
There is NO idiot control knob left in place to stop racist like Steve Herfert from blurting out comments like he did Feb. 05, 2013 during a West Covina, California city council meeting, Oh that's right since Steve Herfert is a city council member this allows him to make racists comments when ever he wants.
Frankie Rizzo

Hayward, CA

#189204 Apr 18, 2013
My grandpa told me if one person says something about you, you can generally shine it on. But if two people say the same thing about you, you better start listening. And when 3 or more say the same thing you better start believing it.

Big D is at the point where he should be listening. All we need is one more person to prove Big D is an idiot. Anyone want to step up?

YUK!YUK!YUK!
Big D

Modesto, CA

#189205 Apr 18, 2013
akpilot wrote:
<quoted text>
-You're an idiot!
You will have me grinning all day long, this is funny

You are calling me an idiot because I am stating a fact that you donít happen to know.

There is no argument about the legality of same sex marriage in California. There are 18,000 legally married same sex couples in California right now, it is already legal.

A major part of the case to overturn prop 8 is the issues that there are 18,000 legally married same sex coupled in California now and other same sex couples are being denied equal rights.

You can call me whatever you want, and I will just laugh, what I am stating is a fact.

Whether you are ignorant of the fact or not does not change the fact

There is no national legal argument over the existence of over 100,000 same sex marriages that are already legal in the US. They are married, it is a fact. Other same sex couples are being denied equal rights in comparison.

You are just ignorant of the facts, and calling others idiots because they are not ignorant, which is indeed pretty funny.

Location hidden

#189206 Apr 18, 2013
veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
First off, I've never come to this site and claimed to be a lawyer.
Good thing, your cover wouldn't last long.
veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
Second, I don't know why you want to quibble over this issue.
Because words have meaning. This attitude of who gives a sh%% is what has brought us this nonsense that the Constitution is a "living breathing" document, when in fact there is only one CONSTITUTIONAL way to alter the Constitution- See Article V.
veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
The fact of the matter is that gay sex is "legal" because it is no longer "illegal".
No, the fact of the matter is- Sodomy is illegal in 14 States.
veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
When you "decriminalize" something, then it is no longer a criminal offense.
No, you remove the punishment.
veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
Heterosexual intercourse is not a criminal offense. Homosexual intercourse is not a criminal offense.
You don't have to be Perry Mason to understand these concepts.
Since you want to continue to debate something you clearly do not understand, I guess you will continue to remain ignorant. But that seems to be a trend with people like you.

Location hidden

#189208 Apr 18, 2013
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
You are calling me an idiot because I am stating a fact that you donít happen to know.
There is no argument about the legality of same sex marriage in California. There are 18,000 legally married same sex couples in California right now, it is already legal.
A major part of the case to overturn prop 8 is the issues that there are 18,000 legally married same sex coupled in California now and other same sex couples are being denied equal rights.
You can call me whatever you want, and I will just laugh, what I am stating is a fact.
There is no national legal argument over the existence of over 100,000 same sex marriages that are already legal in the US. They are married, it is a fact. Other same sex couples are being denied equal rights in comparison.
You are just ignorant of the facts, and calling others idiots because they are not ignorant, which is indeed pretty funny.
Keep dancing puppet.

BTW, what fact did you include in your nonsense that I didn't know?
Being Stued

San Dimas, CA

#189209 Apr 18, 2013
Forsyth County, Ga. a police officer who was waiting in the drive-thru line at a McDonald's restaurant pulled a gun on the customer ahead of him because the officer was angry at having to wait for his food.
Big D

Modesto, CA

#189210 Apr 18, 2013
akpilot wrote:
<quoted text>Since you want to continue to debate something you clearly do not understand,
Pretty funny coming form someone that is clueless about what many of the major arguments in the case to overturn Prop 8 is even about.
Frankie Rizzo

Hayward, CA

#189211 Apr 18, 2013
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
Fake grin. Fake laugh. Fake jackass.
Big D

Modesto, CA

#189212 Apr 18, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Fake grin. Fake laugh. Fake jackass.
Wrong again, this is funny, it is like he only gets his information from Faux news commentators or something.

Equal rights with other married same sex couples has always been a major part of the case against Prop 8.
Frankie Rizzo

Hayward, CA

#189213 Apr 18, 2013
Big D says Bill Clinton's impeachment failed.

Location hidden

#189214 Apr 18, 2013
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
Pretty funny coming form someone that is clueless about what many of the major arguments in the case to overturn Prop 8 is even about.
I am well aware of the arguments. I have read the brief's cover to cover as well as the Walker and 9th Circuit decisions.

How many pages have you read?

Here, I will even give you a link to one so you can start catching up.

http://www.scribd.com/doc/131248871/Perry-Pro...

IDIOT!
Boggs

Los Angeles, CA

#189215 Apr 18, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
Big D says Bill Clinton's impeachment failed.
STFU, you Uretha City queer-o.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Beverly Hills Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Serial Rapist Arrested In LA; 2 Victims in Chicago (Sep '07) 9 hr Victim552 99
Los Angeles Union Station at 800 N. Alameda St.... 10 hr LOS ANGELES UNION... 35
Hunt Brothers Pizza at 11425 Hawthorne Blvd. In... 11 hr HUNT BROTHERS PIZZA 27
News The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 12 hr Smiley 21,533
Los Angeles Metro Red Line 12 hr Tom 3
News Joe Biden denounces "prostitution of the Second... 14 hr Dwight 42
News California poll: Newsom, Villaraigosa and Cox l... 15 hr Concave 1

Beverly Hills Jobs

Personal Finance

Beverly Hills Mortgages