Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 | Posted by: Topix | Full story: www.cnn.com

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Comments
164,141 - 164,160 of 200,602 Comments Last updated 8 hrs ago
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 9, 2013

Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
Donít mind him, he claims he is for SSM but he doesnít actually actively support poly either, wont lift a finger for it, so if he is calling you a hypocrite for it, he is calling himself one as well.
Too funny!

You mad Mighty D?
Anonymous

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 9, 2013

poledancer45 wrote:
<quoted text>so says the nasty biatch that smells like the marlboro man and leaves a smoke and ash trail everywhere she goes... stfu loser
you're judging.LMFAO. What a joke. You my dear are the l0ser! Still smelling like cheese? I think you are! Go wash that sleeve woman!!!!
Anonymous

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 9, 2013

Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
2 cats
Marriage is a compromise
I am a dog person my wife is a cat person
So we have no dogs and 2 cats
I donít actually own the cats, as anyone with a cat in the house knows, the cats just let me live there.
One of the cats we actually went out and got for my wife, the other was a stray, starving and dying found on the side of the road, wife worked it back to health and it has no intention of leaving.
well that doesn't sound much like a compromise if she has 2 cats and you have no dog! She should have 1 cat and you should have a dog!
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 9, 2013

veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
Basically, Frank, I don't know enough about plural marriages. You know, I've been dealing with one-to-one marriage for so long that it just hasn't come up. I don't know how the dynamics work in a relationship where there is more than two people.
And it's not the kind of relationship that I could ever see myself being involved in.
I guess, in some ways we already have a type of plural relationships in our society by way of divorce. I try to think of it from the perspective of a kid who has a father and step-mother 4 days a week and a mother and a step-father 3 days away. That kid is living with two sets of parents who are intimately connected by that child's birth.
As I said before, it's not something that I'm going to run out and support. But I wouldn't likely great opposition to it.
It's not on my radar. I don't know of those kinds of families. And I could never see myself being in anything other than a monogamously coupled relationship.
That's how I'm built.
Me too. But there are happy poly families out there. And their plight is even worse than that of same sex couples. They can go to prison for it!

I believe their marriages deserve the same respect and consideration as any other marriage.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 9, 2013

Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
2 cats
Marriage is a compromise
I am a dog person my wife is a cat person
So we have no dogs and 2 cats
I donít actually own the cats, as anyone with a cat in the house knows, the cats just let me live there.
One of the cats we actually went out and got for my wife, the other was a stray, starving and dying found on the side of the road, wife worked it back to health and it has no intention of leaving.
Who cares?
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 9, 2013

Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
Simply because one expresses an opinion favoring SSM, does not mean one has to wave the rainbow flag, or collect signatures. Same for plural marriage.
Big D is a real piece of work, eh? Too funny!
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 9, 2013

Country-Girl22 wrote:
<quoted text>well that doesn't sound much like a compromise if she has 2 cats and you have no dog! She should have 1 cat and you should have a dog!
Maybe why Big D is so bossy here is because his wife bullies him at home!

“Vita e' Bella.”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 9, 2013

Judged:

Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Too funny!
You mad Mighty D?
He's racing to police headquarters.. Commissioner Gordon put up the signal.
Big D

Modesto, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 9, 2013

Judged:

[QUOTE who="Frankie
Rizzo"]<quoted text>
Who cares?[/QUOTE]

You asked

Just how bad is your Alzheimerís?
Anonymous

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 9, 2013

heartandmind wrote:
<quoted text>
if you don't have facts and data to substantiate your points, then you have nothing. if you've formed your opinions upon false data or information, then you could be wrong about how you think about something.
there aren't enough facts and evidence in the world to change someones feelings on ssm! Yes, you search actualll research to prove a point, but when it comes to speaking your heart if you have to search the internet to find that voice than it is obviously not a discussion the person is passionate about! I don't have a problem with gays, or ssm for that fact.lol. I was just trying to join in on the discussion, there are more people here who support it so I thought I would go against it!lol.
Sheik Yerbouti

New Hope, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 9, 2013

Judged:

sayeedhussain wrote:
King Of Astrology , BlackMagic Removal Expert
Peer Sayeed Muhammad Hussain
24 Hour Live Call For Help: 00923012800549
True Belive Can Solve Every Problem.
We Offer The Following services,
1) Free Online Istikhara.
2) Horoscope, Make Or Match For Marriage.
3) Online Free Zaicha, Amliyat.
4) Problemese In Love, Domestic, Husband & Wife, Business Etc.
5) Services, Employment, Etc
6) Black Magic Remove
7) Free Contact For Any Probleme
8) Free Spirtual, Zodiac.
9) Free Daily Horoscope.
10) Ask A Question To An Astrologer.
11) Help For All, For Any Problem 24 Hours.
All of my such sisters and daughters that had been Disappointed from fake Aamil's, astrologer,bangalis, baba's, shah's, qarie's can Contact by Understanding the Last Light of Solution,
World Famous Rohani Astrologer,
Peer Sayeed Muhammad Hussain
24 Hour Live Call For Help: 00923012800549
Pakistan,Lahore
When you do BJ's give me a call!
Big D

Modesto, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 9, 2013

Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Not at all, it is an old joke between us and something I tease newlywed husbands with

I am the one that decided not to get another dog after the last one.

And I donít mind if my wife has a cat... or 2 in this case
Anonymous

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 9, 2013

Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Battered and controlled men do tend to let their frustration out on others. They wouldn't dare to it to the woman who gives them the smackdown everyday!LOL
Big D

Modesto, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 9, 2013

Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Me too. But there are happy poly families out there. And their plight is even worse than that of same sex couples. They can go to prison for it!
I believe their marriages deserve the same respect and consideration as any other marriage.
and you wont go out and get a few signatures for them, I can see why you refer to yoruself as a hypocrate
Big D

Modesto, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 9, 2013

Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Too funny!
You mad Mighty D?
NMot at all, still laughing at your hypocrate comment... very funny, he wont do what you already said what you wont do so he is a hypocrate :)
heartandmind

Moline, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 9, 2013

Country-Girl22 wrote:
<quoted text>there aren't enough facts and evidence in the world to change someones feelings on ssm! Yes, you search actualll research to prove a point, but when it comes to speaking your heart if you have to search the internet to find that voice than it is obviously not a discussion the person is passionate about! I don't have a problem with gays, or ssm for that fact.lol. I was just trying to join in on the discussion, there are more people here who support it so I thought I would go against it!lol.
i form my opinions on facts. sorry, it's ingrained in me - i'm an engineer and over the course of my career, i've learned to let the facts guide me. it's entirely alien to me not to have facts, data and so forth before i come to a conclusion or an opinion.

so you're just playing devil's advocate here for your own amusement.

“Busting Kimare's”

Since: Feb 13

Clitty

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 9, 2013

Judged:

heartandmind wrote:
<quoted text>
i form my opinions on facts. sorry, it's ingrained in me - i'm an engineer and over the course of my career, i've learned to let the facts guide me. it's entirely alien to me not to have facts, data and so forth before i come to a conclusion or an opinion.
so you're just playing devil's advocate here for your own amusement.
As opposed to the haterosexuals who never let facts get in their way.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 9, 2013

Judged:

Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
You asked
You're slipping into ad hominem again. Better than lying I guess.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 9, 2013

Judged:

Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
You asked
Actually I didn't ask.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 9, 2013

Judged:

Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
Not at all, it is an old joke between us and something I tease newlywed husbands with
I am the one that decided not to get another dog after the last one.
And I donít mind if my wife has a cat... or 2 in this case
I don't care. Don't try and get cute with me now.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Beverly Hills Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 55 min Chuck 18,763
star bore & h. ford 1 hr ubietron 1
CA California seeks to ban free, single-use carryo... (Jun '10) 1 hr Either Or 4,992
the depend-able's & sly 2 hr ubietron 1
Fugitive sought for shooting of pregnant woman ... (Nov '11) 3 hr Truth be told 51
Achieve Sobriety 3 hr Achieve Sobriety 1
Downtown Vallejo street festival to return Frid... 4 hr diegolola 2

Search the Beverly Hills Forum:
•••

Beverly Hills News Video

•••
Beverly Hills Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Beverly Hills Jobs

•••