Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 Full story: www.cnn.com 201,197

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Full Story
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#185942 Mar 31, 2013
Jaredb8 wrote:
<quoted text>
Well the benefits that are available by being recognized by the government are what we want as well. Equality
You're just like me and sis, we want them too. Equality. Agreed.
Randy -Rock- Hudson

Wooster, OH

#185943 Mar 31, 2013
Hey, Frankie, I have taken the lead, even my joke earned me some points, and my mention of my boss got some more. The actual offering was sparse, leading me to surmise that Chongo isn't around tonight, else I'd be plastered with them by now ... Still, I'll take the lead with magnanimous humility.
:-D
Federal Regulations require me, at this point, to thank all the little people, so, consider yourselves noticed, and thanked. I'm sorry for any toes that were stepped, in my progression the top, it had to happen, for me to rise to my natural, and exalted, level.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#185944 Mar 31, 2013
Randy -Rock- Hudson wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, I am fairly certain that we will not have much between us in the end, but I think that Bluto can earn as many as you and I...
Yeah that third rate jackass is crude but formidable.

But I can write a 3 word post "I support SSM." and get bad judge-its from these clowns. Top that.
Randy -Rock- Hudson

Wooster, OH

#185945 Mar 31, 2013
Marram wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry to hear that Rock.
Thank you, sir. I found out when I awoke in Smyrna, TN. My buddy had called me up, and asked if it was true, and that was how I found out. No-one at my job wanted to tell me.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#185946 Mar 31, 2013
I'd be on my way to Toledo, Ohio for a quick trailer swap tonight, but a tragedy at work a month ago presents the opportunity for IRS seizure of assets, due to the fact that my boss, who was suffering from the rarest form of leukemia in the world, put a .380 to his head and got off the train at Willoughby. And I found our sally ports blockaded tonight. BTW, my boss was gay, and I loved him like a brother. Used to hang notes on his truck, and his back, "Gay man" and such. We had a great relationship, right up until he lost hope. No-one else at work had the guts to jest with him about it, and I will miss him. Thought I'd throw that one in, just to show that I don't hate gays for a second.
If anyone cares to look at it:
http://www.the-daily-record.com/obituaries/20...
He was like an older brother to me.
My condolences.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#185947 Mar 31, 2013
Hey, Frankie, I have taken the lead, even my joke earned me some points, and my mention of my boss got some more. The actual offering was sparse, leading me to surmise that Chongo isn't around tonight, else I'd be plastered with them by now ... Still, I'll take the lead with magnanimous humility.
Federal Regulations require me, at this point, to thank all the little people, so, consider yourselves noticed, and thanked. I'm sorry for any toes that were stepped, in my progression the top, it had to happen, for me to rise to my natural, and exalted, level.
But I can write a 3 word post "I support SSM." and get bad judge-its from these clowns. Top that!
Randy -Rock- Hudson

Wooster, OH

#185948 Mar 31, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah that third rate jackass is crude but formidable.
But I can write a 3 word post "I support SSM." and get bad judge-its from these clowns. Top that.
Watch this.
Randy -Rock- Hudson

Wooster, OH

#185949 Mar 31, 2013
Gays rock.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#185950 Mar 31, 2013
<quoted text>
"Say, it looks awful warm, in that sleeping bag, mind if I join you?"
He was ridin' and ropin' and redecoratin'
Randy -Rock- Hudson

Wooster, OH

#185951 Mar 31, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
My condolences.
Thanks, he was a great guy. Just had a son go into the Army, shortly before my niece went in, and his son went Special Forces. He was so proud, we'd swap notes. My niece is 5' tall 100 lbs and wants to go Airborne.
Says Satellite Comm isn't enough for her, it's too tame.
What a little tiger.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#185952 Mar 31, 2013
Why did the gay cowboy take off his boots? Anyone hear it?
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#185953 Mar 31, 2013
Gays rock.
Good. Very good. Can't wait for the results.

How about this- Rose_NoHo is SMOKIN' HOT!
Randy -Rock- Hudson

Wooster, OH

#185954 Mar 31, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Good. Very good. Can't wait for the results.
How about this- Rose_NoHo is SMOKIN' HOT!
ROFLMAO.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#185955 Mar 31, 2013
Too funny!
Randy -Rock- Hudson

Wooster, OH

#185956 Mar 31, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
Too funny!
I had to post those Lucky Charms, but I'm sure that you knew that ...
Randy -Rock- Hudson

Wooster, OH

#185957 Mar 31, 2013
OMG, I got a hit on my 2 word post! That wasn't me that hung those Charms on my own post, it won't let us judge our own posts...ROFLMAO. You'll need a 1 word post, to beat that! I have a suggestion for you, but I am going to wait and see if you produce it!
:D

Since: Dec 09

Knoxville, TN

#185958 Mar 31, 2013
<quoted text>
I honestly can't agree with the "slippery slope" label, as you're right in the rest of your post. I can't see the issue any other way, except to note it as a logical implication, not a slippery slope.
I just don't how a group could come before a court and argue a case that would support incestuous marriage. With all that is known about possible medical issues of offspring, I just don't see it happening.

Bigamists may at some point try to bring their case before a court, but how can they base their on same-gender marriage? Gays aren't asking for the right marry multiple partners.

The US addressed plural marriages with the 1862 Morrill Anti-Bigamy Act and in the Supreme Court case Murphy v. Ramsey.

There is an attorney in Utah, Jonathan Turley, who has files suit against the state; asking that plural marriages become legal. I don't know how far he's gotten.

Anybody in the U.S. has the right to pursue whatever rights they believe they are due.

I just don't think that same-gender marriage is going to lead to or open the door to incestuous or plural marriage.
Randy -Rock- Hudson

Wooster, OH

#185959 Mar 31, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
Too funny!
It took me a second. Thanks for those Charms...
Randy -Rock- Hudson

Wooster, OH

#185960 Mar 31, 2013
Did your Grandkids pass ou...., er, go to sleep yet, or did you break out the Duct Tape?

Since: Dec 09

Knoxville, TN

#185961 Mar 31, 2013
<quoted text>
VV, just to keep things honest between us, I am sure that you have realized that my particular choice of camps is more of an academic one, correct?
Yes... Sorry if I came off too snarky.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Beverly Hills Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
She's a special lady by any imagination (Mar '10) 1 hr Freyman Recinos 10
The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 2 hr Manbrahmos 19,411
City: No active fault under Hollywood project site 3 hr Community 1
A girl waves a Mexican flag during rallies in L... (Mar '06) 4 hr Los Angeles 4,490
LAX police officer arrested for allegedly moles... (Aug '09) 11 hr Unknown 33
Shakey's Pizza Parlor To Honor Katy Perry On Al... 12 hr Big mike 17
Burbank school officials vote in favor of new c... 18 hr Striker 2

Beverly Hills News Video

Beverly Hills Dating
Find my Match

Beverly Hills People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Beverly Hills News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Beverly Hills

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]