Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 Full story: www.cnn.com 200,936

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Full Story

“Vita e' Bella.”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#185279 Mar 28, 2013
Randy -Rock- Hudson wrote:
<quoted text>
Interesting that you would use the phrase "lock step", which is a term used to refer to the clone-like marching of non-individuals, like prisoners, or military personnel, who do not have any freedom of thought or choice. Do you see us as a controlled herd, to be ordered around at will? Very telling, if you ask me... We don't (yet) live in the Fascist States Of Amerikkka, though we get closer every day...
Exactly.... Lock step behind the rainbow flag. Gays who oppose legal SSM for the same reason that straights do, marriage is about husband wife and by extention their children, are viewed as traitors, self haters, self loathers, etc.
Randy -Rock- Hudson

Wooster, OH

#185280 Mar 28, 2013
Pietro Armando wrote:
http://www.patheos.com/blogs/p ubliccatholic/2013/03/will-leg alizing-gay-marriage-lead-to-l egalizing-polygamy/
by Michael Foust
WASHINGTON (BP)— Redefining marriage to include same-sex couples would jettison the rationale and logic behind prohibitions on polygamous marriages, according to several friend-of-the court briefs urging the U.S. Supreme Court to uphold the traditional definition of marriage ……“Ultimately, there is no principled basis for recognizing a legality of same-sex marriage without simultaneously providing a basis for the legality of consensual polygamy or certain adult incestuous relationships,” reads one of the briefs, filed by the Christian legal group Liberty Counsel.“In fact, every argument for same-sex marriage is an argument for them as well.”
… A friend-of-the-court brief signed by 18 state attorneys general also briefly warns about the potential legalization of polygamy if gay marriage is legalized. The brief — which supports Prop 8 — says the traditional definition of marriage is tied to the fact that only a man and woman can reproduce, thus continuing society’s very existence. The state has an interest, the brief says, to see that children are raised, ideally, by the mother and father who beget them. A mother and father in each home is “optimal for children and society at large.”
“Once the natural limits that inhere in the relationship between a man and a woman can no longer sustain the definition of marriage, the conclusion that follows is that any grouping of adults would have an equal claim to marriage,” the attorneys general brief states, arguing that marriage no longer would be about the needs of children but about the desires of adults.Liberty Counsel’s brief quotes 19th century Supreme Court cases that upheld the federal government’s ban on polygamy in Utah. Among them were Reynolds v. United States (1878) and Murphy v. Ramsey (1885). In the 1885 case, the justices affirmed the traditional definition of marriage, writing that laws are “wholesome and necessary” when they are established on the basis of the idea of the family as “consisting in and springing from the union for life of one man and one woman in the holy estate of matrimony.” The court called traditional marriage “the sure foundation of all that is stable and noble in our civilization.”
Liberty Counsel asserted that “when the traditional definition of marriage as that between one man and one woman is reversed to include other marriages, the state is left with little, if any, justification for other laws restricting marriage.” 
So.....There's that..... Just like Mike DeRucci was saying, all along...While the SSM crowd was trying act nobly in defense of its own little interests..and shitting on this very idea.
Randy -Rock- Hudson

Wooster, OH

#185281 Mar 28, 2013
Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
Exactly.... Lock step behind the rainbow flag. Gays who oppose legal SSM for the same reason that straights do, marriage is about husband wife and by extention their children, are viewed as traitors, self haters, self loathers, etc.
Excellent work, by the way, unearthing this piece by Patheos. Well done.
Yeah, we are slowly becoming a gulag.... At least, that is if the SSM crowd has their way. "Left, right, left, right, repeat the mantra, denounce your neighbors, be a good citizen and avoid the re-education centers, etc" ...
Nostrials

La Puente, CA

#185282 Mar 28, 2013
Foreclosures have risen 9% since this time last 2012, a sign that lenders are moving to complete the process on homes that were stuck in the pipeline during the robo-signing scandal.
Randy -Rock- Hudson

Wooster, OH

#185283 Mar 28, 2013
I see that the Judgits disappeared at the same time as Chongo...
Randy -Rock- Hudson

Wooster, OH

#185284 Mar 28, 2013
Oh, look, the Lucky Charm Fairy is back, expect some more Chongo-drivel soon...
I Oata

La Puente, CA

#185286 Mar 28, 2013
California Chick-fil-A gives free meals to gay marriage supporters at rally and does not discriminate against anyone!
Randy -Rock- Hudson

Wooster, OH

#185287 Mar 28, 2013
I Oata wrote:
California Chick-fil-A gives free meals to gay marriage supporters at rally and does not discriminate against anyone!
PHUQUE Chick-fil-A. I never eat there, anyway. But I did sign your petition, though. Good luck with it.
Randy -Rock- Hudson

Wooster, OH

#185288 Mar 28, 2013
Perhaps, a class-action-lawsuit against the discriminatory practices of Chick-fil-A?
hemp for telelgraphs

Anderson, CA

#185289 Mar 28, 2013
Unless, of course, the SCOTUS wishes to discard its very document of authority...
your arc of disbeliefe is entertaining!!

so now the scotus is ANTI-constittuional??

because they didnt agree with you??

sour grapes rock..

weve ALL had to live through decisions from them that we disagree with.....like bush vs gore or citizens united....

they arnt the activist body they were back in the good ole days of loving and roe.

now they are more conservative and generally refer to the states...

that is fine...

30 states have already banned it.

that leaves 20 states that might not.

Since: Jan 10

Lewis Center, OH

#185290 Mar 28, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Kind of silly question, I answer that every time I post.
'Monster mutation' Clearly major genetic mistakes.
If I can admit that, why are you such a sissy about admitting a epi-marker mistaken mark?
Smirk.
Epi-whatever is yet to be proven. And, even if it is (which I highly doubt it will be) it doesn’t mean it’s a mistake. And, yes, you are a monster, but, not because you’re a genetic freak.
hemp for telelgraphs

Anderson, CA

#185291 Mar 28, 2013
<quoted text>
Excellent work, by the way, unearthing this piece by Patheos. Well done.
Yeah, we are slowly becoming a gulag.... At least, that is if the SSM crowd has their way. "Left, right, left, right, repeat the mantra, denounce your neighbors, be a good citizen and avoid the re-education centers, etc" ...
"we are slowly becoming a gulag"

really??

this is actually a pretty free country by most standards...
especially soviet standards(you cited a gulag)

what do you care what the rest of us think??

no one is trying to denounce you......

im just trying to get across, that you MIGHT be on the wrong side of history......

just like with roe, loving, brown ect ect...

all decisions that you social conservatives were AGAINST!!
hemp for telelgraphs

Anderson, CA

#185292 Mar 28, 2013
tea is served tognite!!

you guys sound compleatly hysterical, over the fact that you lost this one.

your lives WILL NOT change.

to think so is just silly!!

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#185293 Mar 28, 2013
Xavier Breath wrote:
<quoted text>
What a lovely, yet meaningless metaphor. The right wing is cancerous. Cut it off.
Both wings are diseased. Cure them.
Randy -Rock- Hudson

Wooster, OH

#185295 Mar 28, 2013
hemp for telelgraphs wrote:
<quoted text>
your arc of disbeliefe is entertaining!!
so now the scotus is ANTI-constittuional??
because they didnt agree with you??
sour grapes rock..
weve ALL had to live through decisions from them that we disagree with.....like bush vs gore or citizens united....
they arnt the activist body they were back in the good ole days of loving and roe.
now they are more conservative and generally refer to the states...
that is fine...
30 states have already banned it.
that leaves 20 states that might not.
But, I notice that you neglected to address the post addressing the issue of Constitutional prevention of the FED, as per decreeing marriage laws? Was this an oversight on your part, or did you find it impossible to scoff at the idea that the SCOTUS has no power to make any kind of ruling outside of its jurisdiction?
Arc of disbelief? That's a knee-slapper. The SCOTUS will be acting in an unconstitutional manner if it attempts to enact any kind of national decision pertaining to marriage laws, yes. We have had to live through decisions from them that we have disagreed on, but decisions that they were empowered to make, not like now. 20 that are not on your "I love XXXXXXXXXXXXX" list, I might add. Only 9 states actually give you what you want, and that is a small percentage. "they arnt the activist body"? That's a riot, they are more activist now, than they ever were, when they were unbiased. Unaffected by blatant and shallow lobbying. Immune to the filthy infiltration of a minority of libertines, as they are now.
Randy -Rock- Hudson

Wooster, OH

#185296 Mar 28, 2013
hemp for telelgraphs wrote:
<quoted text>
"we are slowly becoming a gulag"
really??
this is actually a pretty free country by most standards...
especially soviet standards(you cited a gulag)
what do you care what the rest of us think??
no one is trying to denounce you......
im just trying to get across, that you MIGHT be on the wrong side of history......
just like with roe, loving, brown ect ect...
all decisions that you social conservatives were AGAINST!!
Oh? What is my opinion on Roe V Wade? And Loving V Virginia? I don't care about what the rest of us think, I care about how we conduct our public selves. Think what you wish.
Randy -Rock- Hudson

Wooster, OH

#185297 Mar 28, 2013
This SSM argument isn't about marriage, it's about government benefits. Admit that, and we have some common ground upon which to stand.
Randy -Rock- Hudson

Wooster, OH

#185298 Mar 28, 2013
sheesh void of hate wrote:
<quoted text>
Both wings are diseased. Cure them.
Yeah, this bird ain't flyin', for whatever reason...

Lewis Center, OH

#185299 Mar 28, 2013
<quoted text>
Please, tell me that you haven't run out of steam, and have nothing left , except for the same old lame Chongo-esque taunts and insults used so often by brain-dead Chongo?
Are you serious, I know he’s your new man crush and all, but, can’t you see the hypocrisy of his/her/it’s posts? Either he’s lying about being a freak or lying about being a freak. Either way, he’s a liar and a liar. Not to mention, he posts scientific THEORY as fact, and you sheep just eat it up without question. I had a bit of respect for you when you were a bigot just because you were a bigot, but, it’s when you try to glom onto his deceptions that you lose all respectability. Why is it so important to you that you have common unity with your fellow haters?

Lewis Center, OH

#185300 Mar 28, 2013
<quoted text>
Oh, pshaw, Public opinion is being ignored, trampled and dictated to us. I have plenty to fear, when truth is distorted and rewritten by the official sources, in spite of the real truth. It is a mark of tyranny and dictatorship beginning to rear its ugly head.
That’s what all haters say when they are losing. Grow up, you big baby. Haters like you are a diminishing sort. Not everything that you don’t like is a conspiracy. And, the only tyranny here is your obsessive and hysterical posts.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Beverly Hills Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
a Django Unchaineda actress detained for a basi... 52 min Nellie 2
1 dead, 10 wounded in weekend shootings across ... 55 min Nellie 3
CA California seeks to ban free, single-use carryo... (Jun '10) 1 hr patickthered 5,065
CA California Proposition 19: the Marijuana Legali... (Oct '10) 5 hr AZHIGHAZIAM 15,992
CA Jury reaches verdict in Oakland BART shooting t... (Jul '10) 21 hr GOP bull 2,265
Beverly Hills Shuns Bike Paths in Resisting Tra... Sun Roger Edgar 7
Miss Cougar California Contest Featured at Cali... (Nov '09) Sep 10 sugarmommadating 44
•••

Excessive Heat Warning for Los Angeles County was issued at September 16 at 3:52AM PDT

•••

Beverly Hills News Video

•••
•••

Beverly Hills Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••
•••

Beverly Hills People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE