Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 Full story: www.cnn.com 201,161

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Full Story
hemp for telelgraphs

Anderson, CA

#185255 Mar 28, 2013
Randy -Rock- Hudson wrote:
<quoted text>
Lies. Wait until tomorrow and tell us that there are riots being enacted by outraged heterosexuals, because the gays are unhappy. We might believe that, too, right ? Stop lying, sir, it does not become you. There is nothing even close to that number supporting SSM. This is propaganda, being spread by your side, meant to cow the majority into silence, for fear of being "one of the bigoted ones", when we are not.
I cant be held responsible for holding your hand...

go out into the real world(google) and serach for the transcripts...

both peices of bad law are likely toast....

prop hate, because the justices just think it is a states issue...

and DOMA, because it was an admittedly politcal and bigoted document.

this was all aired out in court yesterday.

Im not trying to cow anyone into silence...

im just trying to cow ya to learn the facts from yesterday and tuesday...

and BTW, you guys are in the minority now...

at least according the ABC news/washington post poll..

PS even dick cheney is now pro gay marraige!!

....and you are even cronier than him??
Randy -Rock- Hudson

Wooster, OH

#185256 Mar 28, 2013
hemp for telelgraphs wrote:
ROCK.. you cant even understand that people across the spectrum of life, are pulling hard for gay rights, as a matter of civil progress..???
what a sheltered guy you are.
you are kinda "outa the loop"??
And, I am so far into the loop, that you cannot even comprehend it. I am so far ahead of the curve that all you are able to imagine is that I have disappeared. It is you who is "outa the loop". You are defending a social error which is based upon sexual behavior. Not a valid reason to defend it. And, it is primarily focused upon financial benefits to be had. Social equality focuses on allowing you to be gay. Greed focuses upon the $$ to be had, and this is the key difference. Get back on the road, son, you've run into a ditch.

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#185257 Mar 28, 2013
<quoted text>
Not at all. The Constitution enumerates the rights that we all, as Americans have. It does not mention marriage.
The Constitution enumerates powers, not right's.

While certain "Right's" were specifically outlined in the Amendments, it was to further restrict the power of the government. Kind of a footnote. That is why we have the 9th Amendment, it was Madison's way of saying-

Listen, we know you didn't have the power to do any of the things we are specifically saying you can't do in the Bill of Right's, but we just want to be clear on those because they are REALLY important. And BTW, just because we listed a few of them, don't get any idea's thinking the others are fair game now.
hemp for telelgraphs

Anderson, CA

#185258 Mar 28, 2013
akpilot wrote:
<quoted text>
Equal Right's do not always result in Equal Outcomes.
not in your loony reality!!

Since: Dec 09

Knoxville, TN

#185259 Mar 28, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Kind of silly question, I answer that every time I post.
'Monster mutation' Clearly major genetic mistakes.
If I can admit that, why are you such a sissy about admitting a epi-marker mistaken mark?
Smirk.
LOL!!! Everytime I see him write "epi-marker mark", I can't help but think of "Marky Mark" dropping his pants to swooning girls and guys back in the 1980s!

Kimare is hereby dubbed "Epi-Marky Mark"!!!
Randy -Rock- Hudson

Wooster, OH

#185260 Mar 28, 2013
Chongo, Judgit me. Do it now.

Location hidden

#185261 Mar 28, 2013
Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
I know you are really stupid, but the Constitution mentions equal protection under the law. And that includes the laws covering marriage.
Duh, Bigfoot.
But everyone IS treated equally under the law. Look Rose, people with an actual law degree who's opinion matter's- unlike yours- explained it to you.

"Plaintiffs cite Loving for the proposition that a statute can discriminate even if it treats both classes identically. This misconstrues the Loving analysis because the antimiscegenation statute did not treat blacks and whites identically—it restricted who whites could marry (but did not restrict intermarriage between non-whites) for the purpose of promoting white supremacy. Virginia's antimiscegenation statute was the quintessential example of invidious racial discrimination as it was intended to advantage one race and disadvantage all others, which is why the Supreme Court applied strict scrutiny and struck it down as violating the core interest of the Equal Protection Clause.

In contrast, neither men nor women are disproportionately disadvantaged or burdened by the fact that New York's Domestic Relations Law allows only opposite-sex couples to marry—both genders are treated precisely the same way. As such, there is no gender [*16]classification triggering intermediate scrutiny.

Nor does the statutory scheme create a classification based on sexual orientation. In this respect, the Domestic Relations Law is facially neutral: individuals who seek marriage licenses are not queried concerning their sexual orientation and are not precluded from marrying if they are not heterosexual. Regardless of sexual orientation, any person can marry a person of the opposite sex. "- Hernandez v Robles

You really should get your GED before you attempt to interpret the law Rose.
hemp for telelgraphs

Anderson, CA

#185262 Mar 28, 2013
<quoted text>
I can recognize "Brainwashing" when I see it. I recognize "Propaganda", too.
you can go on thinking what justice ginsberg said was

"brainwashing" but she is a supream court justice, so you will ultimatley have to deal with her and others when they ignore prop hate and strike down DOMA, and let the states either pass gay marriage, or a ban against it. then you are just ignoring reality.

which is what reich wingers are good at anyways.

if the public opinion keeps going in OUR direction(which it is clearly going)

then even more conservative destinations like the deep south will eventually have gay marraige...

and i dont think it is going to take them a century, like it did with desegregation...

Location hidden

#185263 Mar 28, 2013
<quoted text>
not in your loony reality!!
It is your claim that in order for people to have "equal rights" the end result must also be "equal"?

Why don't you explain how that works in your "loony reality."
hemp for telelgraphs

Anderson, CA

#185264 Mar 28, 2013
akpilot wrote:
<quoted text>
If you want the Federal Judiciary to create this imaginary power to regulate and define marriage, you most certainly do want to circumvent the process.
It doesn't matter what you do or do not say.
all the indications are that the justices will ignore prop hate, letting it stand.

and strike down DOMA, thus letting more liberal states approve gay marrige and more socially conservative states, ban it.

how can this be disagreeable to you??

im sure you will find something objectionable.

like the reality of what actually happened yesterday...

sadlt for you, it is ALL on tape....
Randy -Rock- Hudson

Wooster, OH

#185265 Mar 28, 2013
<quoted text>
I cant be held responsible for holding your hand...
go out into the real world(google) and serach for the transcripts...
both peices of bad law are likely toast....
prop hate, because the justices just think it is a states issue...
and DOMA, because it was an admittedly politcal and bigoted document.
this was all aired out in court yesterday.
Im not trying to cow anyone into silence...
im just trying to cow ya to learn the facts from yesterday and tuesday...
and BTW, you guys are in the minority now...
at least according the ABC news/washington post poll..
PS even dick cheney is now pro gay marraige!!
....and you are even cronier than him??
1) You're not holding my hand.
2) "Google" is not the "real world", as the internet is completely out of touch with the "real world". It is a social media that allows all users to completely dis-connect from reality. Also, the internet is completely at the mercy of any blogger, and subject to instant editing, unlike written words and printed books, which are worth far more than the electronic that allows anyone to post whatever rubbish tickles their fancy. It is non-accountable. I drive around this country, sometimes far, sometimes locally, and ask people around me what they think. This puts me more in touch with reality than you wish to admit. and your lies do not hold up to the truth that I experience daily.
3) We are not the minority, keep telling yourself that. Don't try to sell me a bill of goods, LOL, that is pure folly, son. That "ABC News/Washington Post poll" isn't worth the paper it isn't printed on. Bits and bytes are cheaper still.
4) I don't give a shit about Dick Cheney, he can go and shoot his friend in the eye with a 12 Gauge, for all I car... Oh wait, too late....That's already been done.
Randy -Rock- Hudson

Wooster, OH

#185266 Mar 28, 2013
akpilot wrote:
<quoted text>
The Constitution enumerates powers, not right's.
While certain "Right's" were specifically outlined in the Amendments, it was to further restrict the power of the government. Kind of a footnote. That is why we have the 9th Amendment, it was Madison's way of saying-
Listen, we know you didn't have the power to do any of the things we are specifically saying you can't do in the Bill of Right's, but we just want to be clear on those because they are REALLY important. And BTW, just because we listed a few of them, don't get any idea's thinking the others are fair game now.
Did you really expect me to be specific, when posting to Chongo?
Randy -Rock- Hudson

Wooster, OH

#185267 Mar 28, 2013
veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL!!! Everytime I see him write "epi-marker mark", I can't help but think of "Marky Mark" dropping his pants to swooning girls and guys back in the 1980s!
Kimare is hereby dubbed "Epi-Marky Mark"!!!
(Sighs while saying) " ..Yeah....Good luck with that..."
hemp for telelgraphs

Anderson, CA

#185268 Mar 28, 2013
akpilot wrote:
<quoted text>
But everyone IS treated equally under the law. Look Rose, people with an actual law degree who's opinion matter's- unlike yours- explained it to you.
"Plaintiffs cite Loving for the proposition that a statute can discriminate even if it treats both classes identically. This misconstrues the Loving analysis because the antimiscegenation statute did not treat blacks and whites identically—it restricted who whites could marry (but did not restrict intermarriage between non-whites) for the purpose of promoting white supremacy. Virginia's antimiscegenation statute was the quintessential example of invidious racial discrimination as it was intended to advantage one race and disadvantage all others, which is why the Supreme Court applied strict scrutiny and struck it down as violating the core interest of the Equal Protection Clause.
In contrast, neither men nor women are disproportionately disadvantaged or burdened by the fact that New York's Domestic Relations Law allows only opposite-sex couples to marry—both genders are treated precisely the same way. As such, there is no gender [*16]classification triggering intermediate scrutiny.
Nor does the statutory scheme create a classification based on sexual orientation. In this respect, the Domestic Relations Law is facially neutral: individuals who seek marriage licenses are not queried concerning their sexual orientation and are not precluded from marrying if they are not heterosexual. Regardless of sexual orientation, any person can marry a person of the opposite sex. "- Hernandez v Robles
You really should get your GED before you attempt to interpret the law Rose.
when gays can marry in all the states...

ill be in lock step with you!!

of course there is always more work....

that is the real crux of your problem.

history marches on...

that has ALWAYS been a probelm for SOCIAL conservatism.

progress happens, and you guys ALWAYS fight it.

sour grapes pal!!

well kepp winning these fights.

we ALWAYS have.

Location hidden

#185269 Mar 28, 2013
<quoted text>
all the indications are that the justices will ignore prop hate, letting it stand.
and strike down DOMA, thus letting more liberal states approve gay marrige and more socially conservative states, ban it.
how can this be disagreeable to you??
im sure you will find something objectionable.
like the reality of what actually happened yesterday...
sadlt for you, it is ALL on tape....
OK, I am done with you.

We can continue our conversation when you learn how to present your arguments in complete sentences, with at least the slightest attempt at proper grammar, and perhaps with a little coherence.

Until then, you simply sound like an uneducated fool, and there is no purpose to our discourse.
hemp for telelgraphs

Anderson, CA

#185270 Mar 28, 2013
<quoted text>
1) You're not holding my hand.
2) "Google" is not the "real world", as the internet is completely out of touch with the "real world". It is a social media that allows all users to completely dis-connect from reality. Also, the internet is completely at the mercy of any blogger, and subject to instant editing, unlike written words and printed books, which are worth far more than the electronic that allows anyone to post whatever rubbish tickles their fancy. It is non-accountable. I drive around this country, sometimes far, sometimes locally, and ask people around me what they think. This puts me more in touch with reality than you wish to admit. and your lies do not hold up to the truth that I experience daily.
3) We are not the minority, keep telling yourself that. Don't try to sell me a bill of goods, LOL, that is pure folly, son. That "ABC News/Washington Post poll" isn't worth the paper it isn't printed on. Bits and bytes are cheaper still.
4) I don't give a shit about Dick Cheney, he can go and shoot his friend in the eye with a 12 Gauge, for all I car... Oh wait, too late....That's already been done.
funny remark about cheney...i agree.

but im not kidding or trying to con you...

just find the transcripts....

both prop hate and DOMA are going down...

the lawyer argueing FOR DOMA HAD to ADMIT in open court, that DOMA was bigoted and political....

he even said "strike it down""

this is YOUR GUY!!!

like I said, we won.

story over.

now the states decide.

and if public opinion is more like you think it is??

then you HAVE nothing to worry about.

mark my words.
Randy -Rock- Hudson

Wooster, OH

#185271 Mar 28, 2013
<quoted text>
you can go on thinking what justice ginsberg said was
"brainwashing" but she is a supream court justice, so you will ultimatley have to deal with her and others when they ignore prop hate and strike down DOMA, and let the states either pass gay marriage, or a ban against it. then you are just ignoring reality.
which is what reich wingers are good at anyways.
if the public opinion keeps going in OUR direction(which it is clearly going)
then even more conservative destinations like the deep south will eventually have gay marraige...
and i dont think it is going to take them a century, like it did with desegregation...
As you haven't yet claimed that the polls have come from Justice Ginsberg, I am relieved to avoid engaging in a pissing contest with a SCOTUS Justice. the brainwashing is coming from the media, and being parroted by you, among others. Did Justice Ginsberg conduct any polls for ABC News/The Washingon Post, recently?

“Vita e' Bella.”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#185272 Mar 28, 2013
The Supreme Court may allow states to decide individually on the legality of same-sex marriage. So if Washington were to defer to the states in defining marriage, could legalized polygamy make a comeback? Robert Siegel talks to Jonathan Turley, law professor at The George Washington University and lead counsel for the Brown family, featured on the TLC show Sister Wives.

http://www.npr.org/2013/03/28/175619109/if-su...
Randy -Rock- Hudson

Wooster, OH

#185273 Mar 28, 2013
<quoted text>
when gays can marry in all the states...
ill be in lock step with you!!
of course there is always more work....
that is the real crux of your problem.
history marches on...
that has ALWAYS been a probelm for SOCIAL conservatism.
progress happens, and you guys ALWAYS fight it.
sour grapes pal!!
well kepp winning these fights.
we ALWAYS have.
Interesting that you would use the phrase "lock step", which is a term used to refer to the clone-like marching of non-individuals, like prisoners, or military personnel, who do not have any freedom of thought or choice. Do you see us as a controlled herd, to be ordered around at will? Very telling, if you ask me... We don't (yet) live in the Fascist States Of Amerikkka, though we get closer every day...
Randy -Rock- Hudson

Wooster, OH

#185274 Mar 28, 2013
All hail the Oblast of Amerikkka?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Beverly Hills Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Conrad Murray and girlfriend Nicole Alvarez enj... 12 min MJ FRIEND 7
Criminal Defense Attorneys Take on Wendy Segall (May '11) 6 hr Smoking Joe 13
Dodgers GM lies 12 hr wondring 3
Sean and Dana Peden - NEW TV SERIES!!!!! AMAZIN... 20 hr Tuscon 3
Young Man Believes Music Can Heal The World 22 hr Jermaine 7 130
Los Angeles commercial demolition services (Jul '08) Thu Paul Bear 2
2 Men Sought In Armed Robbery Of Corona Liquor ... Thu smellyballs 3

Beverly Hills News Video

Beverly Hills Dating
Find my Match