Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 Full story: www.cnn.com 201,187

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Full Story
endocannabanoid system

Anderson, CA

#184679 Mar 26, 2013
1143 eastern time

and david boise(with his arm around teddy olson)

he is big smiles because the court aggred with him that the states should not decide this case..

as ki would say...

bazinga!!!

no defense could be offered on the other side..

like in the lower court decisions

hurrah!!
endocannabanoid system

Anderson, CA

#184680 Mar 26, 2013
RiccardoFire wrote:
<quoted text>Rome still exists. But the empire fell for many different reasons and I never learned in Sunday school that gays caused it.
liberal riccardo!!
Big D

Modesto, CA

#184681 Mar 26, 2013
endocannabanoid system wrote:
<quoted text>
rome was only official a christian empire from 325(constatine) until the visigoths sacked rome in 410 ad.
only 85 years
Wow, so it fell right after becoming a Christian nation

LOL

well there are different theories as to when the official fall was, but 85 years before the fall, yeah that could make the case as the cause if that is what you wanted to do.

More than accepting of homosexuals by this christian empire anyway

“Busting Kimare's”

Since: Feb 13

Clitty

#184682 Mar 26, 2013
<quoted text>
inner lesbian??
isnt KI a crusty old man??
they all are...
Kimare is a genetic chimera who has a vagina, in addition to male genitalia, and an alleged inner lesbian trapped within his body. I'm the alleged inner lesbian and my sole purpose on Topix is to bust his balls. I know, you're thinking "how do I get an easy gig like that?"

“Busting Kimare's”

Since: Feb 13

Clitty

#184683 Mar 26, 2013
And yes, he's a broken down, aged, senile shell of what used to be a man.
endocannabanoid system

Anderson, CA

#184684 Mar 26, 2013
RiccardoFire wrote:
<quoted text>Drinking your hater aid with your bong hit this morning?
speaking of "hateraid"

comparing dogs with gays is what ronald did...

just another OLD fool with limited time for his bigoted veiws...

if he went out in public with those veiws....he would be shouted down....

there fore he can only find his bigoted breathen at a tea party rally....and it might as well be a KLAN meeting...

because the right wing bigotry towards gays on this issue, mirrors racism to the tea(every pun intended)
really

AOL

#184685 Mar 26, 2013
Dusty Mangina wrote:
Sweet Baby Jesus, the haterosexuals are spinning out of control today.
Reality IS a bitch, eh Kuntmary?
I hope he is stocked up on Pepto Bismol in case he gets sick like he did when Romney lost, the poor old thing.

“Vita e' Bella.”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#184686 Mar 26, 2013
veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
If it's such a pain in the arse, why do heterosexual couples also do it?
It was a joke VV....lighten up. Opposite sex couples do it because I would assume they like it. Personally, it has no appeal.
And I'm not talking about homosexual and heterosexual intercourse being the same biologically. I'm talking about it being equal from a purely legal standpoint. In the eyes of the law, there is no difference. Neither are illegal. Both are legal. How much more equal can you get?
Simply because both are legal, that doesn't necessarily mean both are viewed the same way legally. One fulfills the meaning of consummation of the marital relationship of husband and wife the other does not. So I still say there is a legal distinction.
Big D

Modesto, CA

#184688 Mar 26, 2013
It is over... arguments around Prop 8 are done :)

We wonít hear the result until June most likely

tomorrow... DOMA

Since: Nov 12

Elk Grove, CA

#184689 Mar 26, 2013
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
That is why I keep telling people they are standing on the wrong side of history.
50 or 100 years form today, everyone will be looking back at people and organizations that opposed the right thing to do, and not in a positive light.
Religion has been going slowly downhill since it became so political in the last 30 years, but this.... they will be looked on in the same light that we look back at slaveholders a hundred years ago.
I never hear of anyone that spits hate at those that were against the civil rights of Blacks. People are smart enough to realize that times change, most slave owners were not the evil beaters that hollywood makes them out to be. Most people realize religion never saved anyone, it's your relationship with God.

Elk Grove, CA

#184690 Mar 26, 2013
<quoted text>
rome was only official a christian empire from 325(constatine) until the visigoths sacked rome in 410 ad.
only 85 years
is that what the bong told you today?

Elk Grove, CA

#184691 Mar 26, 2013
<quoted text>
speaking of "hateraid"
comparing dogs with gays is what ronald did...
just another OLD fool with limited time for his bigoted veiws...
if he went out in public with those veiws....he would be shouted down....
there fore he can only find his bigoted breathen at a tea party rally....and it might as well be a KLAN meeting...
because the right wing bigotry towards gays on this issue, mirrors racism to the tea(every pun intended)
Ron is much deeper then you think. He loves his homosexual friends and even the blacks. How does what Ron say imply he is in a certain political party that you hate? You are just like he is.

Elk Grove, CA

#184692 Mar 26, 2013
Big D wrote:
It is over... arguments around Prop 8 are done :)
We wonít hear the result until June most likely
tomorrow... DOMA
now everyone go back to work.
endocannabanoid system

Anderson, CA

#184693 Mar 26, 2013
RiccardoFire wrote:
<quoted text>I never hear of anyone that spits hate at those that were against the civil rights of Blacks. People are smart enough to realize that times change, most slave owners were not the evil beaters that hollywood makes them out to be. Most people realize religion never saved anyone, it's your relationship with God.
right!!! in 1860,

the slave owners were like "yeah well give up those slaves"

the south tried to secede because they wanted to remain a slave using republic.

we fought a HUGE CIVIL war over slavery....

i guess they didnt teach that at your school.
Big D

Modesto, CA

#184694 Mar 26, 2013
RiccardoFire wrote:
<quoted text>I never hear of anyone that spits hate at those that were against the civil rights of Blacks. People are smart enough to realize that times change, most slave owners were not the evil beaters that hollywood makes them out to be. Most people realize religion never saved anyone, it's your relationship with God.
I am not the one spitting hate, I am warning you about how history, and of how your organizations will be looked upon in the future because of your obvious hatred and un-American values.

If I hated you, I wouldnít be warning you, I would just let you go down the toilet as you seem to insist on doing.

You are standing on the wrong side of history, and what you are doing and saying are going down in history books for future generations.
endocannabanoid system

Anderson, CA

#184695 Mar 26, 2013
RiccardoFire wrote:
<quoted text>Ron is much deeper then you think. He loves his homosexual friends and even the blacks. How does what Ron say imply he is in a certain political party that you hate? You are just like he is.
i am just like he is.....right, I breathe air, eat food and live in the same state....that is about the end of it.

I dont eqaute gay and lesbians with dogs.

..... and unlike ALL of you right wing bigots...i beleieve in gay and lesbian civil rights

im sure his gay and lesbian friends would love to read that post he left.

to use your own words??

YOU LIE!!!
AhawwS

La Puente, CA

#184697 Mar 26, 2013
See Ya in Washington D.C. in January 2013
Dorn

La Puente, CA

#184698 Mar 26, 2013
"How gay marriage has disappeared as a political issue"
a news headline today

Maybe that is because Republicans are aware that some of their relatives are finally "coming out of the closet".
Big D

Modesto, CA

#184699 Mar 26, 2013
Xavier Breath wrote:
Well, well, well.....
Justices Sonia Sotomayor, Elena Kagan, Stephen G. Breyer and Ruth Bader Ginsburg pounded Cooper for linking marriage to child-bearing, with Kagan asking if states could also prohibit couples over age 55 from getting married. Cooper responded that even in that case, at least one member of the marriage would likely still be fertile, a suggestion that drew laughter from the courtroom.
I have been telling them the procreation argument is just a joke, I am glad the court made fun of that dead argument. I am a little surprised they brought it up, it was ripe to be trounced on. But I suppose they really donít have a lot to work with opposing the appeal.

The key will be Kennedy, who has supported gay rights in the past, particularly in Colorado

However I donít think it will be that close of a decision, I actually expect Roberts to join them, and possibly others.
ghjgjh

West Covina, CA

#184700 Mar 26, 2013
Who cares about this topic?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Beverly Hills Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 2 hr DoNotUnderstandMo... 19,576
Simple Jobs for Facebook & Twitter 4 hr salomonpark 1
Redondo Beach ranked 20th on list of best South... 5 hr mossy seaman 2
Telephone Answering Service Helps Your Business... (Jan '11) 5 hr mossy seaman 6
Conrad Murray and girlfriend Nicole Alvarez enj... Dec 24 Sam 36
Real Housewives Husband Kilt Himself (Aug '11) Dec 24 Redneck 3
Taylor Swift-Karlie Kloss: Singer Linked To Vic... Dec 21 Matt 1

Winter Storm Watch for Los Angeles County was issued at December 28 at 1:27PM PST

Beverly Hills News Video

Beverly Hills Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Beverly Hills People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Beverly Hills News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Beverly Hills

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 5:49 pm PST