Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 Full story: www.cnn.com 201,146

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Full Story

Since: Jan 10

Lewis Center, OH

#184188 Mar 22, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
I think he clearly pointed out that you are an idiot in denial.
How can a duplicated half of a marriage equate to marriage.
The math clearly doesn't add up.
Smirk.
It doesnít surprise me that you canít add. You canít make a good analogy either.
Some Never Came Home

Toronto, Canada

#184189 Mar 22, 2013
veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
Lied? Not at all... You just want to argue over linguistics. Another attempt to DISTRACT us from the ridiculousness of your comments.
And what part of "turn the other cheek" and "beat your swords into ploughshares, spears into prune hooks" and "love your neighbor as you love yourself" makes you think that there has EVER been a "justified war" or "justified capital punishment"? You are dead wrong, as always.
Interesting how you claim that evolution has determined that homosexuality is a defect, when "evolution" is the one who seems to have come up with us and continues to make us.
And you know nothing about what science has "virtually proven". You make such amateurish mistakes that you embarrass yourself when you wade into anything of substance.
And our very existence will come to an end by someone like you. You are NOBODY'S savior! You fan the flames of hate. You want homosexuals to disappear from the planet. Every single thing you say about us indicates that what I claim about you is TRUE.
You'd think,considering his/her/it's (Kimare) condition(And I have my doubts) He would be more empathetic and sympathetic to the plight of the Gay Americans on marriage equality,even if his brain turned out to be a heterosexual in nature! There is something terribly,terribly wrong with that boy? Girl? It?

Lewis Center, OH

#184190 Mar 22, 2013
Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, they are, no different than any other American.
<quoted text>
That u already have the right to marry, or that u were creared as a result if sex between a man and a woman?
<quoted text>
It makes both if the above statements true. The only bigot here is u bigot.
This response is why I posted the original post. Youíre just too stupid to realize how transparent you are. Is English your first language? BTW, I do know how a human life is created, but, reproduction does not equal superiority. And a coupleís ability to reproduce or not reproduce has no bearing on a right to marry. Why would you think reproduction has anything to do with marriage rights? Itís these types of bigoted viewpoints that are convincing more and more Americans to support Gay Marriage Equality.

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#184191 Mar 22, 2013
Marram wrote:
<quoted text>
This response is why I posted the original post. Youíre just too stupid ...
You calling someone stupid, now that's rich..

So it is your claim that treating a naturalized citizen different than a natural born citizen under Article II Sec 1 of the US Constitution is NOT a violation of the equal right's provision of the 14th Amendment -BUT- treating the union of 2 members of the opposite sex differently than the union of 2 members of the same sex IS?!?!

I can't wait for this explanation.

Oh, that's right, you won't give one, you will cry like a little baby, tell me how much smarter than me you are, and most likely call me a bigot.

Yeah, you win?

Lewis Center, OH

#184192 Mar 22, 2013
akpilot wrote:
<quoted text>
You calling someone stupid, now that's rich..
So it is your claim that treating a naturalized citizen different than a natural born citizen under Article II Sec 1 of the US Constitution is NOT a violation of the equal right's provision of the 14th Amendment -BUT- treating the union of 2 members of the opposite sex differently than the union of 2 members of the same sex IS?!?!
I can't wait for this explanation.
Oh, that's right, you won't give one, you will cry like a little baby, tell me how much smarter than me you are, and most likely call me a bigot.
Yeah, you win?
Make up your mind, either you agree with amending the constitution or not. You canít have it both ways for argument sake. The rest of your post is just whiny hysterical ranting. And yes, you are a bigot.

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#184193 Mar 22, 2013
Marram wrote:
<quoted text>
Make up your mind, either you agree with amending the constitution or not. You canít have it both ways for argument sake. The rest of your post is just whiny hysterical ranting. And yes, you are a bigot.
You didn't answer the question.

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#184194 Mar 22, 2013
MsSoccerMom wrote:
<quoted text>thanks for proving you are an idiot. I noticed you left out any odds. That's kind of odd. When you factor in:
A. The requirements for a hospitable, life-sustaining world withÖ
B. The requirements for a hospitable, life-sustaining universe withÖ
C. The requirements for generating complex life from seeming nothingness (without getting into the actual complexity of the organisms involved which makes it all the worse)Ö
You arrive at
D. A number so vast that not only does it beggar the imagination, but any individual that isnít moved to at least a very, very cautious atheism or a very curious agnosticism isnít a terribly intelligent or honest person.
You left off the fact that the last bit, an insult, is the opinion of an insignificant being. In that post I haven't ruled in or out the possibility that a superior being(s) exists. I just haven't included the notion that our petty BS is of great concern to them.

I take it by your opening salvo you think I need to give odds as numbers. You're being a bit obtuse to think I need to provide specific numbers since we really don't know the number of galaxies and solar systems that exist in our universe. We don't know the dimensions of the universe. Perhaps it is infinite with an infinite number of galaxies with an infinite number of solar systems. A one in a googolplexian chance becomes certainty when there are an infinite number of chances.

Who said a thing about generating a life form out of nothingness? All the building blocks are present.

Since you seem to be full of answers, tell us about the origins of a superior being and why it must be Christian (or the faith of your liking).

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#184195 Mar 22, 2013
akpilot wrote:
<quoted text>
Isn't it interesting that we will immediately dismiss the possibility of a "god" because of scientific advances? Advances which include the creation of life. And advancement which must be assumed to be a FIRST if one is to dismiss a "GOD".
Sure, it may not be the "god" of the bible, but I find it quite naive to think there is NO possibility that in fact, another more intelligent life-form, a "god", didn't come along and kick start the human race much the same as we are doing today.
Think of the things we build and create, is it possible we aren't the "big man" on the block? Perhaps we are simply living in a big ant farm as entertainment for our "god"?
Why stop there? Perhaps we're living in an ant farm as entertainment for our "god" who lives in a bigger ant farm as entertainment for a bigger "god" who lives in an ant farm as entertainment for an even bigger "god"....
Mr Anderson

Anderson, CA

#184196 Mar 22, 2013
akpilot wrote:
<quoted text>
Giving more power to the Federal Government is not "expanding right's".
There is no Constitutional Right to marriage.
The problem is, those whom are in favor of same sex marriage can comprehend that. The other thing they can't comprehend is the one can be in favor of same sex marriage while also understanding that there is no Constitutional mandate to accept it.
The Constitution isn't, nor was it ever designed to "grant right's". Read it sometime. It is nothing more than the architecture and structure to form a government. It is an outline of power's. It is a restrictive document on the Federal Government. It is a document which is designed to protect the States from infringement. Until this fabricated incorporation doctrine by the SCOTUS, the Bill of Right's was strictly a mandate for the Federal Government.
The States are sovereign.
so i take it you still dont have a decent arguement why people shouldnt have all the rights you do??

the voters cant decide on a minority groups rights.....

look it up sometime.

the judge presideing in this case KNOWS that.

that is why ill be dancing....
when they strike down prop hate.

deal with the new century....you know, the 20th.

you are clearly on the wrong side of history, as most young people(like myself) veiw this as a civil rights issue, not a moral one, as you do.

Lewis Center, OH

#184197 Mar 22, 2013
akpilot wrote:
<quoted text>
You didn't answer the question.
Yes

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#184198 Mar 23, 2013
Pietro Armando wrote:
Huh? How about not throwing the baby out with the bath water? There's a difference between abuse and criminal activity and simply divorcing for trivial matters. So its okay that a wife or husband can no fault divorce, but can be charged criminally in some states for adultery? How about states that allow the offended spouse to sue the "other woman", or "other man"? Do you disagree with that?....
Divorce maintains consent in marriage; if same sex marriage was licensed I believe the left would attack the consent standard next.

Same sex marriage could harm homosexuals with suits of alienation of affection. Imagine what would happen if every homosexual would become liable for financial damages after a casual tryst.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alienation_of_af...

Same sex marriage is bad because it harms gays.

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#184199 Mar 23, 2013
veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
Lied? Not at all... You just want to argue over linguistics. Another attempt to DISTRACT us from the ridiculousness of your comments.
And what part of "turn the other cheek" and "beat your swords into ploughshares, spears into prune hooks" and "love your neighbor as you love yourself" makes you think that there has EVER been a "justified war" or "justified capital punishment"? You are dead wrong, as always.
Interesting how you claim that evolution has determined that homosexuality is a defect, when "evolution" is the one who seems to have come up with us and continues to make us.
And you know nothing about what science has "virtually proven". You make such amateurish mistakes that you embarrass yourself when you wade into anything of substance.
And our very existence will come to an end by someone like you. You are NOBODY'S savior! You fan the flames of hate. You want homosexuals to disappear from the planet. Every single thing you say about us indicates that what I claim about you is TRUE.
1. A lie on a lie.

2. A perversion of Scripture.

3. A dumb claim that all evolutionary mutations are good (tell that to a spinal bifida victim).

4. Another slanderous imposition that flies in the face of truth and reality.

Your Father of Lies must be so proud.

Smirk.

Location hidden

#184200 Mar 23, 2013

Location hidden

#184201 Mar 23, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
1. Of course it doesn't have to be. The law determined that faithfulness to a mate was unnecessary with no-fault divorce. Now we have horrendous consequences of domestic violence and child abuse. Not to mention a devastating drop in every area of the social health of children of divorce.
Now there is a silly and stupid attempt to dumb down marriage to a friendship of any gender, totally denying the part of children. Any sensible person would say the law will be two for two if that happens.
2. That would be like the law requiring sex or children or any other such silly demands.
Here is an analogy that exposes that idiocy;
The differences between marriage with/without kids and gay couples;
An apple tree bearing fruit.
An apple tree not bearing fruit for some reason.
An walnut tree who never bears any fruit wanting to be a apple tree.
An walnut tree hanging apples on it's branches pretending to be a apple tree.
Even funnier?
The claim that if the government doesn't 'require' apple trees to bear fruit, then it is discrimination not to call walnut trees apple trees too!
Smile.
veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
You know what I think? I think you have your head so far up your ass that you've become disoriented by the natural fermentation of the apples and walnuts you have ingested.
You don't know law. You don't know science. You don't know sociology. You don't know psychology. You don't know religion. You are horrible at analogies.
I'm surprised you can type on the computer. Maybe you just write your comments on a 3 X 5 index card in purple crayon and your wife types what you've written into your computer.
A perfect example of a gay troll attack.

Look, not ONE reasoned response to a single point of reality.

Pure ad homoan attacks of my person.

Do you really think this helps your cause?

Snicker.

Location hidden

#184202 Mar 23, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
I think he clearly pointed out that you are an idiot in denial.
How can a duplicated half of a marriage equate to marriage.
The math clearly doesn't add up.
Smirk.
Marram wrote:
<quoted text>
It doesnít surprise me that you canít add. You canít make a good analogy either.
I really want to respect your posts, maybe I have misread your stupidity.

Please explain how M + F = U + U.

Please explain what you don't comprehend about the analogy. At this point it seems clear you just diss it because it exposes the stupidity of your argument.

Smile.

Location hidden

#184203 Mar 23, 2013
Some Never Came Home wrote:
<quoted text>
You'd think,considering his/her/it's (Kimare) condition(And I have my doubts) He would be more empathetic and sympathetic to the plight of the Gay Americans on marriage equality,even if his brain turned out to be a heterosexual in nature! There is something terribly,terribly wrong with that boy? Girl? It?
If you posted examples of where I hide or distorted truth, you would have a point.

However, empathy that embraces denial is simply dysfunctional enablement.

How about this. Give me your definition of marriage, instead of potshots from the side lines. Or are you a coward?

Smile.

Location hidden

#184204 Mar 23, 2013
Marram wrote:
<quoted text>
This response is why I posted the original post. Youíre just too stupid to realize how transparent you are. Is English your first language? BTW, I do know how a human life is created, but, reproduction does not equal superiority. And a coupleís ability to reproduce or not reproduce has no bearing on a right to marry. Why would you think reproduction has anything to do with marriage rights? Itís these types of bigoted viewpoints that are convincing more and more Americans to support Gay Marriage Equality.
At it's most basic essence, marriage is a cross cultural constraint on evolutionary mating behavior.

Gays are a direct defect of mating behavior. Hence, they do not 'equate' to marriage at the fundamental level.

Your position is a farce.

Smile.

Since: Dec 09

Knoxville, TN

#184205 Mar 23, 2013
KiMare wrote:
http://www.thepublicdiscourse. com/2013/03/9622/
Just goes to show that you don't vote with your dick...

It's complete and utter hogwash.

He, like anyone, can express an OPINION. But where are his numbers? Where are his statistics? Where is any study that would back up his claims?

The sounds of crickets chirping are overwhelming...

Here's a game we can play... For every queen you find who is firmly against same-sex marriage, I'll show you a heterosexual Christian who is in favor of it.

http://rachelheldevans.com/blog/chick-fil-a

Since: Dec 09

Knoxville, TN

#184206 Mar 23, 2013
KiMare wrote:
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
1. Of course it doesn't have to be. The law determined that faithfulness to a mate was unnecessary with no-fault divorce. Now we have horrendous consequences of domestic violence and child abuse. Not to mention a devastating drop in every area of the social health of children of divorce.
Now there is a silly and stupid attempt to dumb down marriage to a friendship of any gender, totally denying the part of children. Any sensible person would say the law will be two for two if that happens.
2. That would be like the law requiring sex or children or any other such silly demands.
Here is an analogy that exposes that idiocy;
The differences between marriage with/without kids and gay couples;
An apple tree bearing fruit.
An apple tree not bearing fruit for some reason.
An walnut tree who never bears any fruit wanting to be a apple tree.
An walnut tree hanging apples on it's branches pretending to be a apple tree.
Even funnier?
The claim that if the government doesn't 'require' apple trees to bear fruit, then it is discrimination not to call walnut trees apple trees too!
Smile.
<quoted text>
A perfect example of a gay troll attack.
Look, not ONE reasoned response to a single point of reality.
Pure ad homoan attacks of my person.
Do you really think this helps your cause?
Snicker.
You want to talk about no-fault divorce? Start your own forum here on Topix. This one is about same-gender marriage.

Children are to all marriages, as sheep are to all farmers.(not all farmers raise sheep).

I still don't understand your analogy with apples and walnuts. It's absurd. Just another one of your failed attempts to be clever.

I only troll the troll. It seems to be the primary language you understand.

Location hidden

#184207 Mar 23, 2013
veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
Just goes to show that you don't vote with your dick...
It's complete and utter hogwash.
He, like anyone, can express an OPINION. But where are his numbers? Where are his statistics? Where is any study that would back up his claims?
The sounds of crickets chirping are overwhelming...
Here's a game we can play... For every queen you find who is firmly against same-sex marriage, I'll show you a heterosexual Christian who is in favor of it.
http://rachelheldevans.com/blog/chick-fil-a
That's your argument? Another vulgar ad homoan attack?

VV, you are an embarrassment to humanity...

Sad.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Beverly Hills Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 13 hr tcaud 19,486
The Media in Ferguson is not Covering Facts an... 19 hr Culture Auditor 3
Stalker case leads to lawsuit against St. Bruno... (Feb '13) 20 hr Still here 2 1,299
Brown Family Good Godly Christian People Deserv... 22 hr sir pickle 7
Bill Cosby accused by model Janice Dickinson of... Nov 21 Strange World 2
Robert Pattinson gets weird haircut Nov 18 Abrahammock Regions 6
Rihanna Will Host Diamond Ball at The Vineyard ... Nov 17 Sophia Paymen 1

Beverly Hills News Video

Beverly Hills Dating
Find my Match

Beverly Hills People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Beverly Hills News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Beverly Hills

Personal Finance