Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 Full story: www.cnn.com 201,179

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Full Story

“Vita e' Bella.”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#181846 Feb 28, 2013
Edgar wrote:
<quoted text>
What posts? That's what I'm saying, you never mentioned it. I can't provide evidence to something that doesn't exist.
Which is exactly why I'm saying, it doesn't exist. You've never mentioned hermaphrodites and if you're so high and mighty on this thing and all "nobody-should-dare-get-o ff-topic-with-me" then you'll stay on topic and enlighten us about what you think about hermaphrodites marrying.
Otherwise you're just as dabbled in double standards as you and those who agree with you accuse our side of being.
How rare, or common, is the condition?
Edgar

Spring, TX

#181847 Feb 28, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
If all other laws against polygamy were repealed except PROP 8, that would be the only thing stopping polygamy from being legal in California, X-box.
Sounds relevant and on topic to me.
Don't hog all the victimhood, Prop 8 is as much about poly as it is about same sex.
What don't you understand about one man one woman? Prop 8 prohibits both same sex and poly marriage.
Enough with your hypotheticals about poly marriage, it's clear enough you don't support it.

"Proposition 8 (ballot title: Eliminates Rights of Same-Sex Couples to Marry. Initiative Constitutional Amendment; originally titled the "California Marriage Protection Act")[21][22] was a California ballot proposition that changed the California Constitution to add a new section 7.5 to Article I, which reads: "Only marriage between a man and a woman is valid or recognized in California.""

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/California_Propo...

The ballot title of Proposition 8 did not in any way mention polygamy or polygamous relationships or marriages. It only mentioned the restrictions of the marriage rights of gay couples.

Now: I am going to go back through every single one of your comments posted on this forum and mark all of them "off-topic". Why?

This topic has nothing to do with the right to polygamy. If you're interested in advocating for the legal recognition of it in California, you can find a forum about it and comment all you like. If none exists, you can attempt to create one. But don't whine about it here. It has no place and your petty attempts to make Prop 8 out as anti-poly don't work now, nor did they ever.

Ta ta!
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#181848 Feb 28, 2013
Dale DuBois wrote:
http://thepeoplescube.com/peop les-blog/kim-jong-un-and-barac k-obama-bobbsey-twins-t8165.ht ml
Good one!
Edgar

Spring, TX

#181849 Feb 28, 2013
Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
Between 0.1 and 0.2 percent. But even so that's thousands of people. At least.
Edgar

Spring, TX

#181850 Feb 28, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
If you weren't such a dope, you'd know when I say I support TRUE marriage equality, it means I support the right to marry for EVERY adult who wants marriage and wants a family. What don't you understand about "everyone" jackass?
The fact that you try to make things that don't pertain to poly marriage appear as though they do, like Prop 8.

“Reality bites”

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#181851 Feb 28, 2013
Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
Does it matter?

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#181852 Feb 28, 2013
Edgar wrote:
<quoted text>
And who do hermaphrodites marry? Are they just completely cut out from the institution? They're not a man or a woman. Or this law doesn't specify for them.
You and akpilot say we're all just for a cause, for self-affirmation, and if we were really for letting everyone be happy, we would support poly marriage. But where are the hermaphrodites in this? They exist. Their conditions are genetic. Neither you nor akpilot have mentioned that.
Please, enlighten me on your insight to this.
You may wish to bring yourself up to the 20th century and realise that hermaphrodite is a term applied to animals. Intersex is the preferred term for humans.

Intersex indivicuals often identify as either man or woman and live according to that identity. This may be "determined" for them at a very early age by parents and doctors or the individual may adopt a gender identity later in life based upon personal feelings. Note here that I don't think they should be forced to live as a man or a woman, it ought to be their choice to identify as they wish.

With regard to marriage I seriously doubt there is an issue for couples as they've more than likely settled on who they are well before vows are considered.

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#181853 Feb 28, 2013
Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
Intersex is a broad category that probably affects more people than you think. I've seen figures around 1 in 100. Having both genetalia phenotypically expressed is more uncommon though.
Edgar

Spring, TX

#181854 Feb 28, 2013
sheesh void of hate wrote:
<quoted text>
You may wish to bring yourself up to the 20th century and realise that hermaphrodite is a term applied to animals. Intersex is the preferred term for humans.
Intersex indivicuals often identify as either man or woman and live according to that identity. This may be "determined" for them at a very early age by parents and doctors or the individual may adopt a gender identity later in life based upon personal feelings. Note here that I don't think they should be forced to live as a man or a woman, it ought to be their choice to identify as they wish.
With regard to marriage I seriously doubt there is an issue for couples as they've more than likely settled on who they are well before vows are considered.
My apologies on not referring to them as intersex, it was a spur-of-the-moment mentioning. You are right, the more accurate modern term is intersex.

Plus, I agree completely with your last sentence, but it's not what addressing the point I was making. If marriage were between one man and one woman, and that was the plain-as-day definition of it, then too many complex "what-if" cases would be left.

In no way saying I disagree with what you said, though.
Dan

Roseville, CA

#181855 Feb 28, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Kinda sad you have no argument except the off topic card.
Almost 3 years later and "Frank Rizzo" still has no life finding himself in here spitting out bullshit and venom.

Good Gawd buddy.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#181856 Feb 28, 2013
Edgar wrote:
<quoted text>
The fact that you try to make things that don't pertain to poly marriage appear as though they do, like Prop 8.
If all other laws against polygamy were repealed except PROP 8, that would be the only thing stopping polygamy from being legal in California.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#181857 Feb 28, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
Almost 3 years later and "Frank Rizzo" still has no life finding himself in here spitting out bullshit and venom.
Good Gawd buddy.
You say "Gawd" just like Jizzybirdy. Are you guys brothers or something?
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#181858 Feb 28, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
Good Gawd buddy.
Says Buttered Pancakes!
Edgar

Spring, TX

#181859 Feb 28, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
If all other laws against polygamy were repealed except PROP 8, that would be the only thing stopping polygamy from being legal in California.
That's one of the most radical hypotheticals I've ever heard, and there's no logic to it. Thusly, I'm not even going to bother responding to it.

If you desire a response, I suggest you express your point in a much more comprehensible way.

“Vita e' Bella.”

Location hidden

#181860 Feb 28, 2013
Jazybird58 wrote:
<quoted text>Does it matter?
Yes.

“Vita e' Bella.”

Location hidden

#181861 Feb 28, 2013
Edgar wrote:
<quoted text>
Between 0.1 and 0.2 percent. But even so that's thousands of people. At least.
Are there any cases where it was an issue regarding marriage?
Edgar

Spring, TX

#181862 Feb 28, 2013
Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
Are there any cases where it was an issue regarding marriage?
I'll give you the Frankie Rizzo answer: show me proof of the thing we're arguing over the existence of.

You may now feel confused.

“I won't be your hero.”

Since: Jul 12

Vacaville, CA

#181863 Feb 28, 2013
The people of California voted this down. I voted for gay marriage but I have since changed my mind on it. Should gays be allowed to get married? Yes. But marriage isn't a right and none of the government's business to be in. People wanted it put to a vote and they lost, they should of moved on.
Edgar

Spring, TX

#181864 Feb 28, 2013
JoshCham wrote:
The people of California voted this down. I voted for gay marriage but I have since changed my mind on it. Should gays be allowed to get married? Yes. But marriage isn't a right and none of the government's business to be in. People wanted it put to a vote and they lost, they should of moved on.
Historically, no rights activist movements have ever put the decision over whether to extend the rights to a general ballot. If this had been the case, we might still have slavery in effect today.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#181865 Feb 28, 2013
Edgar wrote:
<quoted text>
That's one of the most radical hypotheticals I've ever heard, and there's no logic to it. Thusly, I'm not even going to bother responding to it.
If you desire a response, I suggest you express your point in a much more comprehensible way.
Giving up already Fruitcake?

Fact is prop 8 says marriage is "a man and a woman", That means exactly what it says, not 2 men and a woman, not two women, not two men. What don't you understand about that? It bans polygamy and same sex marriage EQUALLY.

You are not any more a victim of prop 8 than polyamorists are.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Beverly Hills Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Gary Robbins Threatens SCWXA Meteorologist Kevi... (Aug '09) 4 hr OneForAll 65
Taylor Swift-Karlie Kloss: Singer Linked To Vic... 5 hr Matt 1
Young Man Believes Music Can Heal The World 5 hr Pop Tart- 142
Conrad Murray and girlfriend Nicole Alvarez enj... 5 hr goodvibrations 29
The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 20 hr Bently 19,559
Poisoned Drinking Water Supply Sat Cancer Alert 1
Criminal Defense Attorneys Take on Wendy Segall (May '11) Dec 19 Smoking Joe 13

Beverly Hills News Video

Beverly Hills Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Beverly Hills People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Beverly Hills News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Beverly Hills

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]