Judge overturns California's ban on s...

Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

There are 201480 comments on the www.cnn.com story from Aug 4, 2010, titled Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage. In it, www.cnn.com reports that:

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at www.cnn.com.

“Vita e' Bella.”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#182307 Mar 2, 2013
Jazybird58 wrote:
<quoted text>Yes, its not right that you cant play in the sand box with the other kids. OH wait stop crapping in the sand box. So no its your fault.
Che?

Jazybird58

“Reality bites”

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#182308 Mar 2, 2013
Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
Che?
Chex
Xavier Breath

West New York, NJ

#182309 Mar 2, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Prop 8 mentioning polygamy (a man and a woman) and the CA Supreme court mentioning polygamy in it's decision is fact and reality.
Your denial is not.
You're not very bright, are you? What a total bullshit response.

"Prop 8 mentioning polygamy (a man and a woman)" is probably one of the stupidest things I've ever read ANYWHERE.

Yes, the California Supreme Court mentioned polygamy when it said there is NO RIGHT TO POLYGAMY.
Xavier Breath

West New York, NJ

#182310 Mar 2, 2013
Randy -Rock- Hudson wrote:
<quoted text>
Jesus doesn't tap dance. He does the fool-stomp, however. He is waiting for you to arrive, so that he may party, on your ass.
You imaginary friend doesn't scare me, little boy.
Xavier Breath

West New York, NJ

#182311 Mar 2, 2013
<quoted text>
But, he hasn't. you're the one with the pretensions. And the comprehensional difficulties. The lack of cognitive ability.
???

How do you figure THAT?
Xavier Breath

West New York, NJ

#182312 Mar 2, 2013
Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL. Look idiot, you don't have to be able to procreate in order to marry!
Sheesh.
Sheesh is right......
Xavier Breath

West New York, NJ

#182313 Mar 2, 2013
<quoted text>
Don't be so stupid. Do you seriously contend that he has to state "adults", and that your idiotic wish to hammer him even includes a demand for him to apologize for your acting as if this isn't clearly understood ? Ass-puppet.
Drunk posting again? Your posts make no sense.

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#182314 Mar 2, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Afraid?
Stupefied?
Or both?
Come on, I'm a near senile old man with only common sense. Concentrate your all your wisdom, call in the gay troops, give it your best shot, lets see what you got.
Smirk.
You're not near senile, you're there. Common sense vacated your cranium years ago.
Now tell me, what is it that I'm supposed to be afraid of? Or stupefied by? You? Hilarious!
Xavier Breath

West New York, NJ

#182317 Mar 2, 2013
Such work, to circumvent the filtering in here:
Xavier Breath wrote:
When SCOTUS puts this heinous proposition to rest, I hope that lawsuits will be initiated against NOM and Protect Marriage.
Let it rain money, for your side, right ? Cash for all ? Let the taxpayers give til it hurts ? Selfish little bastard. Just itching to shake the money tree, called "The American Taxpayer" ?
Yep, drunk posting again.
GOPplague

Covina, CA

#182318 Mar 2, 2013
What will the 2013 financial Sequester do for you?
Xavier Breath

West New York, NJ

#182319 Mar 2, 2013
sheesh void of hate wrote:
<quoted text>
You're not near senile, you're there. Common sense vacated your cranium years ago.
Now tell me, what is it that I'm supposed to be afraid of? Or stupefied by? You? Hilarious!
lol
Xavier Breath

West New York, NJ

#182320 Mar 2, 2013
<quoted text>...Which has been bought out by politicians, lobbyists and campaign funders.
Seriously?
Xavier Breath

West New York, NJ

#182321 Mar 2, 2013
<quoted text>
Gay marriage dumbs down marriage to the point where any old pairing off of a couple, however mismatched, becomes instantly valid. Little point in wanting it, if any old catamites can get that...
Then don't get one......
Xavier Breath

West New York, NJ

#182322 Mar 2, 2013
<quoted text>
"Taps on your dumb-ass shoulder" "Ahem"... "Fruitloops" is a widely used term, at least on the East Coast, employed to describe a nutter, which you are, and you should know this, as you live in NJ. As is "Fruitcake"....But, then, you already know this, and are resorting to using anything that you can, to attack Frank.
Put down the bottle and step away from the bar.

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#182325 Mar 2, 2013
Jazybird58 wrote:
<quoted text>Frankie is on your side. Don't you feel screwed now?
Now you are Afraid?

Stupefied?

Or both?

Come on, I'm a near senile old man with only common sense. Concentrate your all your wisdom, call in the gay troops, give it your best shot, lets see what you got.

As I have noted many times before, I focus on one single aspect of gay sex for two reasons;

One, intercourse is at the heart of a union between a couple. Anal sex is an extremely poor counterfeit of nature's design.

And two, anal sex is an inherently harmful, unhealthy and demeaning, clearly indicating a genetic defect.

While lesbian sex is simply unhealthy and demeaning, it still is a silly attempt by duplicate genders trying to imitate the design of evolution, the 'reunion' of diverse genders to one life form.

Smirk.

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#182326 Mar 2, 2013
<quoted text>
You have nothing but ad homoan gay twirl troll attacks. Not one single rational response.

As I have noted many times before, I focus on one single aspect of gay sex for two reasons;

One, intercourse is at the heart of a union between a couple. Anal sex is an extremely poor counterfeit of nature's design.

And two, anal sex is an inherently harmful, unhealthy and demeaning, clearly indicating a genetic defect.

While lesbian sex is simply unhealthy and demeaning, it still is a silly attempt by duplicate genders trying to imitate the design of evolution, the 'reunion' of diverse genders to one life form.

Smile.

“Vita e' Bella.”

Location hidden

#182328 Mar 2, 2013
xavier Breath wrote:
<quoted text>
Repeating the same nonsense doesn't make it true.
Nor does it make it false.

“Vita e' Bella.”

Location hidden

#182329 Mar 2, 2013
Parenting on Children: Evaluating the Research
By Christine Kim June 19, 2012
According to conventional wisdom, research regarding outcomes for children of parents in same-sex relationships shows “no difference.” For example, the American Psychological Association (APA) stated in 2005 that “not a single study has found children of lesbian or gay parents to be disadvantaged in any significant respect relative to children of heterosexual parents.”[1] This conclusion has been cited in the judicial proceedings on the nature of marriage. For example, Judge Vaughn Walker’s decision regarding Proposition 8, California’s constitutional amendment defining marriage, stated:“The research supporting this conclusion is accepted beyond serious debate in the field of developmental psychology.”[2]

However, a number of researchers have pointed out significant methodological problems with the research that would cast doubt on the conclusiveness of the “no difference” findings.[3] Even some researchers supportive of same-sex parenting have acknowledged the significant methodological limitations in the research to date.[4] Examples of the methodological problems are discussed below, as well as a profile of the recently released New Family Structures Study, which has raised the bar on quality of research in this area. Given the magnitude of the policy issues under debate, much more study is needed.

Non-Representative Samples

In order to generalize a set of social scientific evidence to a broader group, the samples upon which the evidence is based should accurately represent the broader group. In a probability sample, every member of the broader group has an equal chance of being selected into the sample, and the selection is random.[5] Non-probability samples, on the other hand, cannot make valid generalizations about the broader group because they do not represent it. These samples “may give us interesting leads, and suggest possible insights, but nothing reliable can be inferred from them outside the individuals studied.”[6]

Convenience Samples

A 2010 article reviewed 44 same-sex parenting studies and noted that only five had probability samples; moreover, only three used a nationally representative sample. However, this same sample used by all three studies contained only 44 children of same-sex parents.[7]

The remaining studies were all based on convenience samples, which are comprised of volunteers recruited through targeted advertisement (e.g., in specific publications), the “snowball” method (when respondents identify additional subjects), and/or an existing group.

Consequently, most of the no-differences findings “describe samples of lesbian families that are disproportionately middle class, White, and highly educated.”[8] For example, a 2012 review of the 59 studies reported in the 2005 APA brief on same-sex parenting “reveals a tendency towards not only non-representative but racially homogeneous samples.”[9] Even studies of donor-inseminated (DI) parenthood “do not know the extent to which the comparatively high socioeconomic status of DI parents studied accurately reflects the demographics of lesbian and gay parenthood generally.”[10]

Moreover, in many studies, even the opposite-sex comparison groups are not representative of their respective populations.[11] Researchers also acknowledge the nearly non-existent research on gay fathers and parents who are bisexual or transgender.[12]http://www.her itage.org/research/reports/201 2/06/impact-of-same-sex-parent ing-on-children-evaluating-the -research

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#182330 Mar 2, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
You have nothing but ad homoan gay twirl troll attacks. Not one single rational response.
Smile.
You really are a bit touched if you think intercourse is at the heart of every union. Or perhaps you're just shallow. Yeah, that seems to be the case. But you could be a bit touched as well. That sure appears to be so.

You've not provided anything rational to respond to rationally. You may want to try getting over yourself someday. It'll make you more apt to be able to engage in a meaningful conversation.

I really have no experience with anal sex, so I tend to not harp on about it. The notion is unappealing to me. You, OTOH, seem obsessed with it to the point I'm convinced your head is deep inside your own anal orifice.

Oh, BTW, no couple tries to duplicate evolution. That really sounds dumb. Like a lot of your commentary.

Since you think anal intercourse is a reflection of a genetic defect, do straight couples who practice anal sex get to claim that defect too?

What is it about lesbian sex that you find demeaning? Really? Oral sex? Let me guess, you only have sex for procreation in the missionary position while fully clad in your K Mart sourced PJs.

“Vita e' Bella.”

Location hidden

#182331 Mar 2, 2013
<quoted text>
You really are a bit touched if you think intercourse is at the heart of every union. Or perhaps you're just shallow. Yeah, that seems to be the case. But you could be a bit touched as well. That sure appears to be so.
You've not provided anything rational to respond to rationally. You may want to try getting over yourself someday. It'll make you more apt to be able to engage in a meaningful conversation.
I really have no experience with anal sex, so I tend to not harp on about it. The notion is unappealing to me. You, OTOH, seem obsessed with it to the point I'm convinced your head is deep inside your own anal orifice.
Oh, BTW, no couple tries to duplicate evolution. That really sounds dumb. Like a lot of your commentary.
Since you think anal intercourse is a reflection of a genetic defect, do straight couples who practice anal sex get to claim that defect too?
What is it about lesbian sex that you find demeaning? Really? Oral sex? Let me guess, you only have sex for procreation in the missionary position while fully clad in your K Mart sourced PJs.
It's not every union , but the union.
One, intercourse is at the heart of a union between a couple.
Why wouldn't it be? Did the idea of marriage suddenly appear? Did it develop as a cross time cross cultural male female relationship just to discriminate against people with same sex attraction/orientation?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Beverly Hills Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 2 hr Fitius T Bluster 22,018
News California now world's 5th largest economy, sur... 3 hr Terry 11
News Family separation worse than Japanese-American ... 3 hr Terry 1
News Club hopping: The Crazy Horse (Jul '08) 7 hr Ray White 170
real americans care for the kids thats why we p... 13 hr dont trust trump ... 1
News One-time rivals talk unity in race for Californ... 14 hr Solarman 1
Repent & Embrace Trump as the Prophet 16 hr Bronco 3

Beverly Hills Jobs

Personal Finance

Beverly Hills Mortgages