Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 Full story: www.cnn.com 201,188

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Full Story
Frankie RIzzo

Union City, CA

#179106 Feb 9, 2013
Randy -Rock- Hudson wrote:
<quoted text>
Aw, STFU, I took a poll and everyone agreed that you're childish, beyond hope.
Jizzybird has made a thread for me! But it backfired on him. Too funny!

Come over and rattle his cage for big fun!
Frankie RIzzo

Union City, CA

#179107 Feb 9, 2013
The dummy Jizzybird's thread he made for me-

http://www.topix.com/forum/news/gay/TUNATFE41...
Randy -Rock- Hudson

Wooster, OH

#179108 Feb 9, 2013
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
I was just laughing at him complaining about the link, it worked for me, maybe he is computer challenged.
There is a special living facility for the computer impaired
More lies, from Big Deceitful.

Since: Apr 11

North Hollywood, CA

#179109 Feb 9, 2013
Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
Uh Rose...I didn't say they wouldn't.
Then, um, so what?
Randy -Rock- Hudson

Wooster, OH

#179110 Feb 9, 2013
Karma is a_______ wrote:
<quoted text>
Not really sure what you mean by "all marriage equality" there Frankie boy but I hazard to guess you mean
1. Marrying children
2. Marrying blood relatives, i.e. mom & son, father & daughter, brother & sister.
3. Marrying your pet.
4. polygamy
First you are using the slippery slope fallacy. But just to answer your stupidity.
1. There is thing called AGE OF CONSENT. Children can not give their consent to sex and marriage. ergo it will remain illegal.
CASED CLOSED
2. Therre are health issues with marrying close relatives, which is why it is illegal. You can easily see what happens by studying British and Russian royalty in the 1600-1800's, particularly the Tsar family, you will notice the high rate of hemophilia. And that was with cousins marrying cousins. No telling what would have happened between direct family members...well I take that back...you are a prime example.
3. Besides from the obvious health issues, animals can not give their consent to marriage....so it would be rape.
4. marriage above all else is a social contract. Inheritances, medical decisions, etc are all part of that contract. With polygamy, the lines of who gets what, who makes what decisions are blurred and lead to legal battles. Does one of the wives who is not the mother of one of the children in the marriage get to make medical decisions for that child is a prime example of why polygamy is illegal.
These are all rational, logical reasons why the slippery slope fallacy is moot. However, judging by your previous posts, intelligent logical debate is not your forte. Debating with a wall has better results.
Just to clarify,#1 and #3 are your additions. As for #2, there is no risk of developing hemophilia by marrying your close/blood relatives. As we have been told that procreation is not a valid marriage point, there is no basis for worrying about children of these marriages. Slippery slope #1...
As for #4, these are issues that can be covered by a contract, so this is slippery slope #2...
Don't be so stupid, next time, if you can help it....
Randy -Rock- Hudson

Wooster, OH

#179111 Feb 9, 2013
Karma is a_______ wrote:
<quoted text>
are these rhetoric questions, or do you want answers?
You mean "rhetorical", not "rhetoric", and you meant to type "borne out", not "bore out"....No answers required.
Randy -Rock- Hudson

Wooster, OH

#179112 Feb 9, 2013
Frankie RIzzo wrote:
The dummy Jizzybird's thread he made for me-
http://www.topix.com/forum/news/gay/TUNATFE41...
Yeah, I caught the subsequent one that he had to create, after the fact. The original one that he listed didn't work.
Frankie RIzzo

Union City, CA

#179113 Feb 9, 2013
<quoted text>
Yeah, I caught the subsequent one that he had to create, after the fact. The original one that he listed didn't work.
He has trouble posting links due to the fact that he is stupid.
Frankie RIzzo

Union City, CA

#179114 Feb 9, 2013
<quoted text>
How silly. there is no list, else you'd be on it.
It's an imaginary list.
Frankie RIzzo

Union City, CA

#179115 Feb 9, 2013
<quoted text>
You are spinning. The number is 41. Not 32. Actually, you are not spinning, you are flat out lying.
Big D is an unabashed liar. If you call him on it, he'll accuse you of lying.

I call it Big D's Liar Straw Man. He attempts to get you to defend yourself to take the attention away from his lies. Of course it only works for so long.
Frankie RIzzo

Union City, CA

#179116 Feb 9, 2013
Neil Andblowme wrote:
<quoted text>About to change? Really? What State is about to legalize polygamous marriage?
Are you now going to try and tell us polygamy will never, ever be legalized Miss Thing? Remember not long ago that's what they said about gay marriage?

Why are you a hypocrite?
Frankie RIzzo

Union City, CA

#179117 Feb 9, 2013
<quoted text>
You're getting to resemble Chongo, with the made up bullshit.
Rose_NoHo is of course his hero, like all the dumbasses.
Frankie RIzzo

Union City, CA

#179118 Feb 9, 2013
<quoted text>
Yeah, you sure fooled us all, with that list.
It's an imaginary list. It's in Jizzybirds head only. But he thinks we can see it too. And he thinks we don't know he's a liar.
Frankie RIzzo

Union City, CA

#179119 Feb 9, 2013
<quoted text>
More lies, from Big Deceitful.
Big D has rightfully gotten quite a reputation as the liar he is.
Frankie RIzzo

Union City, CA

#179120 Feb 9, 2013
<quoted text>
You mean "rhetorical", not "rhetoric", and you meant to type "borne out", not "bore out"....No answers required.
"Karma_____" is quick to point out other's mistakes in grammar, making his own mistakes as he does it! Priceless!

“Vita e' Bella.”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#179121 Feb 9, 2013
Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
Polygamists already have marriage equality.
They do? How so?

“Vita e' Bella.”

Location hidden

#179122 Feb 9, 2013
Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, they do, Bigfoot. If a polygamist walks into the JP and asks to marry more than one person, they will be told the same thing anybody else is told.
Is the polygamist wearing a sign or a t-shirt with the word "polygamist" on it? How does the JP know? Suppose the polygamist is asking to marry another person? So that restriction should be maintained, but not the opposite sex restriction?
That's equal. Should people be allowed to marry more than one person? Well, that's not really the topic here, why not start a forum and talk about it? Oh, yeah, you don't really give a damn about polygamy, you are just against gay marriage, but can't come up with a good argument against it, so you try to cloud the issue by bringing up polygamy.(Notice, I'm not taking a stand on polygamy.)
Yet you cannot come up with a valid reason why same sex marriage should be legalized, but not plural marriage. Too legally complex perhaps? Complexity can be overcome.

Why is the opposite sex requirement, discriminatory, but not the one spouse at a time?

Do SSM advocates see the big picture? Is it possible to see beyond the rainbow colored glasses? Gay folks say change marriage for them, polygamists say change marriage for them. At what point does it no longer matter who, legally, marries who? Why bother regulate marriage at all?
Pannicked

Monrovia, CA

#179123 Feb 9, 2013
Panicked LAPD Fire 60+ Rounds at Women in Manhunt for Rogue Cop.

“Vita e' Bella.”

Location hidden

#179124 Feb 9, 2013
Jazybird58 wrote:
<quoted text>HEY stupid, reproduction is not a requirement in marriage.
IT DOESN'T NEED TO BE!!!!!!! Sex between men and women makes babies. Human societies throughout history have recognized this, that is why marriage is privileged over other human relationships, and it has been, except for a few scattered historical examples, a male female union of either one man one woman, or one man many women. Its simply biology.

“Vita e' Bella.”

Location hidden

#179125 Feb 9, 2013
"...a few scattered examples of recognized ss relationships,...."

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Beverly Hills Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Gone Girls: Human Trafficking on the Home Front... 10 min Reader 1
Nora Aunor is "All Time Greatest Artist/Actress... (Oct '06) 1 hr teddy rojo 1,333
The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 7 hr Cry Baby 19,374
I like Beverly Hills as a NZer Oct 17 Michael K Mair 1
Elizabeth Pena dies at 55; actress in 'The Incr... Oct 16 Big mike 2
Jane Fonda Oct 14 Rushbo 3
NAACP Image Awards recognize soap actors Kristo... (Dec '12) Oct 14 dmw 76

Beverly Hills News Video

Beverly Hills Dating
Find my Match

Beverly Hills Jobs

Beverly Hills People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Beverly Hills News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Beverly Hills