Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 | Posted by: Topix | Full story: www.cnn.com

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Comments
143,141 - 143,160 of 200,332 Comments Last updated 40 min ago

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 5, 2012

Judged:

Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
Yep. Marriage is a right. Why do you claim it's not?
Marriage is a "right" with restrictions. I know you have trouble with reading comprehension.

BTW, Justice Scalia would not agree with you, and his opinion actually matters while yours does not.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 5, 2012

Judged:

Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
Frisbee gave you a whipping.
Well, based on the whippings you receive daily, I guess you would be the expert.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 5, 2012

Judged:

Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, "Marriage is one of the "basic civil rights of man,". Basic civil rights are a subset of rights. So, marriage is a right.
You claim it's not.
Why do you always stop there, why do refuse to include the rest of the statement?

Fundamental to our very EXISTENCE and SURVIVAL!!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 5, 2012

Judged:

Frisbee wrote:
<quoted text>I can read just fine. I'm worried about you though. The case YOU sited is the one that proves you wrong. How is it that escapes you?
<quoted text>Yeah, and they say the EXACT OPPOSITE of what you claim. Have you been drinking?
<quoted text>Exactly which part did I miscomprehend? The part where you said marriage isn't a right, or the part where the United States Supreme Court says it is?
Any Milk Runs lately? I've got one next week.
Yawn.. Reading comprehension- try it.
jacques renault

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 5, 2012

Judged:

Anonymous wrote:
Gay Sex is Against the Constitution, Says Judge Scalia
http://politix.topix.com/item/2383-gay-sex-is...
what a quote factory that Justice Antonin is!
Frisbee

Seattle, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 5, 2012

Judged:

jacques renault wrote:
THAT'S WHAT I'M TALKING ABOUT
Seems someone forgot to tell the government:
http://www.nomblog.com/28085/
akpilot wrote:
Marriage is a "right" with restrictions. I know you have trouble with reading comprehension.
I have no trouble whatsoever, and your condescension on such easily verifiable fact is making you look foolish. You didn't say it was a "right with restrictions", you said it was NOT a Right:
akpilot wrote:
There is no RIGHT to marriage..
Now, are you going to be man enough to admit you were wrong, or are you going to persist in backpedaling and pretending that your statement was misconstrued?
akpilot wrote:
Yawn.. Reading comprehension- try it.
Right back atya, sport.

Nothing to say about the Milk Run or the cut? Every AK pilot knows what I'm talking about. Why is it you don't seem to?
akpilot wrote:
BTW, Justice Scalia would not agree with you, and his opinion actually matters while yours does not.
Actually his opinion doesn't matter, as it was decided in 1967.
Jim Beam

Tempe, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 5, 2012

Judged:

Anonymous wrote:
Gay Sex is Against the Constitution, Says Judge Scalia
http://politix.topix.com/item/2383-gay-sex-is...
In the first place what does sodomy have to do with the topic of this thread? Secondly the Supreme court already struck down ALL sodomy laws making them ALL null and void in 1973! Thirdly if sodomy was still against the law there would be a hell of a lot of US heteros in jail because approximately 34% of US partake in anal sex with our girlfriends and or wives! But once again,what does that have to do with the topic of Marriage equality in the state of California? Care to try again? LOL

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 5, 2012

Judged:

Frisbee wrote:
<quoted text>Seems someone forgot to tell the government:
<quoted text>I have no trouble whatsoever, and your condescension on such easily verifiable fact is making you look foolish. You didn't say it was a "right with restrictions", you said it was NOT a Right:
<quoted text>Now, are you going to be man enough to admit you were wrong, or are you going to persist in backpedaling and pretending that your statement was misconstrued?
<quoted text>Right back atya, sport.
Nothing to say about the Milk Run or the cut? Every AK pilot knows what I'm talking about. Why is it you don't seem to?
<quoted text>Actually his opinion doesn't matter, as it was decided in 1967.
There is no right to marriage in the Constitution, it simply isn't there- feel free to prove me wrong by citing the Article and Section of the Constitution which addresses marriage.

Now, as I tried to explain to you, the SCOTUS has fabricated this right to marriage, but they have done so with caveats, I listed them for you. But like I said, you have a reading comprehension problem.
jacques renault

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 5, 2012

Judged:

Frisbee wrote:
<quoted text>Seems someone forgot to tell the government:
a politician promised something?

not my concern

The French Supreme Court has ruled

you should have seen how the French analogs of the two Roses cried
Winston Smith

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 5, 2012

Judged:

jacques renault wrote:
<quoted text>
careful, Winston, we've got a bucking Tranny
how are things in Up Black Eddy? LMAO
I dunno, but it must be bettet than where ever you are.
Frisbee

Seattle, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 5, 2012

Judged:

akpilot wrote:
There is no right to marriage in the Constitution, it simply isn't there- feel free to prove me wrong by citing the Article and Section of the Constitution which addresses marriage.
Now, as I tried to explain to you, the SCOTUS has fabricated this right to marriage, but they have done so with caveats, I listed them for you. But like I said, you have a reading comprehension problem.
So you're not going to man enough to simply admit that you were wrong. So be it. You've already conceded the point during your backpedal

You continue to throw out qualifiers, caveats, and disclaimers to distance yourself from your original, incorrect statement. It's not working.
Now you are going to demonstrate ignorance of Jr. High Civics and pretend that the role of the Supreme Court is not to interpret the Constitution and that they "fabricated" the right to marriage. There is nothing in the Constitution that explicitly says you have the right to have children, so that must not exist, eh? Doesn't mention anything about the right to travel, either. Innocent until proven guilty? Not there. Wow, that Constitution sure left out a lot of stuff. If only there were a means to interpret it and deal with such matters.....Oh wait, there is.

All of these gymnastics to defend keeping your fellow Americans as Second Class Citizens. Proud of yourself?

It is also particularly interesting that you have NOTHING to say about the Milk Run or the Cut. It is simply not possible that an AK Pilot would not know what I'm talking about. What gives? You aren't misrepresenting yourself, are you?
Frisbee

Seattle, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 5, 2012

Judged:

jacques renault wrote:
The French Supreme Court has ruled
Not my concern. I care not one whit about French law. Obviously if France were so great, you'd be there, wouldn't you?

Since: Apr 11

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 5, 2012

Judged:

Frisbee wrote:
<quoted text>Weird, right? He's even siting the case that proves him wrong. It's just baffling.
Makes you wonder...
And he's so nit-picky about some things.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 5, 2012

Judged:

Frisbee wrote:
<quoted text>
So you're not going to man enough to simply admit that you were wrong. So be it. You've already conceded the point during your backpedal
You continue to throw out qualifiers, caveats, and disclaimers to distance yourself from your original, incorrect statement. It's not working.
Now you are going to demonstrate ignorance of Jr. High Civics and pretend that the role of the Supreme Court is not to interpret the Constitution and that they "fabricated" the right to marriage. There is nothing in the Constitution that explicitly says you have the right to have children, so that must not exist, eh? Doesn't mention anything about the right to travel, either. Innocent until proven guilty? Not there. Wow, that Constitution sure left out a lot of stuff. If only there were a means to interpret it and deal with such matters.....Oh wait, there is.
All of these gymnastics to defend keeping your fellow Americans as Second Class Citizens. Proud of yourself?
It is also particularly interesting that you have NOTHING to say about the Milk Run or the Cut. It is simply not possible that an AK Pilot would not know what I'm talking about. What gives? You aren't misrepresenting yourself, are you?
I'm not wrong. That is why you have still been unable to provide the specific Article and Section of the Constitution which addresses the issue of marriage.

And I don't know what you are trying to prove with your "Milk Run" nonsense, everyone can use google. Not that I have anything to prove to you, my paycheck comes in with or without your approval.

Also if you had any intelligence at all, you would see that I am not located in Alaska anymore, nor have a been for quite a few years. So again, what are you trying to prove?

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 5, 2012

Judged:

jacques renault wrote:
wasn't Vaughn Walker the homosexual who got klonked on his head by a woman with a beehive his last day at work, started yelling at everyone to screw themselves, deployed the escape chute, and raced through the airport to be arrested in bed with another man?
Time to pass the bong...

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 5, 2012

Judged:

Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
Time to pass the bong...
I agree, you have had enough.

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 5, 2012

Judged:

akpilot wrote:
<quoted text>
All rights have restrictions, what's your point?

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 5, 2012

Judged:

akpilot wrote:
<quoted text>
Why do you always stop there, why do refuse to include the rest of the statement?
Fundamental to our very EXISTENCE and SURVIVAL!!
I do it because I know it will get a caps lock multi exclamation mark response out of you. And I enjoy a little chuckle.
And that other part doesn't change the fact that marriage is a right. It's not true, however. We can exist and survive without marriage. The Court can determine law, but not reality.
Frisbee

Seattle, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 5, 2012

Judged:

akpilot wrote:
I'm not wrong. That is why you have still been unable to provide the specific Article and Section of the Constitution which addresses the issue of marriage.
Sigh. So you're actually so stupid that you don't understand the role of the Supreme Court and it's decisions? Good for you. Do you also think that you have no right to have children because you can't provide the specific Article and Section of the Constitution which address it? Of course, you will not be man enough to admit you're grasping at straws. No matter.
It's just as effective as your repeating over and over that I have a reading comprehension problem as if it will become a true statement if you say it enough. The problem isn't with reading comprehension, it's that you can't take the same position twice in a row.
A summary of you inconsistent statements:
akpilot wrote:
There is no RIGHT to marriage....
"Marriage is one of the "basic civil rights of man," fundamental to our very existence and survival.Skinner v. Oklahoma.......
Marriage is a "right" with restrictions.....
Fundamental to our very EXISTENCE and SURVIVAL!!......
There is no right to marriage in the Constitution.......
the SCOTUS has fabricated this right to marriage, but they have done so with caveats.......
I'm not wrong....
You can't even agree with YOURSELF.

Notice how everyone is rating your posts as clueless and agreeing with mine? There's a reason for that. You are wrong.
akpilot wrote:
And I don't know what you are trying to prove with your "Milk Run" nonsense, everyone can use google.
An AK Pilot wouldn't need to.
Frisbee

Seattle, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 5, 2012

Judged:

*your*

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••

Beverly Hills News Video

•••
•••

Beverly Hills Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Beverly Hills People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE