Judge overturns California's ban on s...

Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

There are 201885 comments on the www.cnn.com story from Aug 4, 2010, titled Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage. In it, www.cnn.com reports that:

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at www.cnn.com.

RiccardoFire

Sacramento, CA

#160565 Sep 23, 2012
RnL2008 wrote:
<quoted text>
I thought 60 minutes was doing both the President and Romney......it matters not, Romney is the one harming his own chances with the comments he's made.
Personally, I know politicians make mistakes......but as long as this country stands by the 2 party system.......change is not something that is truly going to happen and the American people seriously NEED to hold politicians accountable for nit doing their jobs!!!
A lot of his comments were made over a month ago, the press holds them back and waits for Oblamer's blunder like how he messed up on Sept. 11 with Ambassador Stevens, and going on Letterman and saying it was about a movie, then saying hours later it wasn't about a movie and spending 70,000 dollars to air an ad on Pakistani TV saying how sorry we are for the movie. Not much you can do when the press is not fair. I think the loser should be the vice president.
RiccardoFire

Sacramento, CA

#160566 Sep 23, 2012
60 min. did both but cut out parts that made obama look bad.

Since: Apr 11

Santa Monica, CA

#160567 Sep 23, 2012
akpilot wrote:
<quoted text>
You're an idiot. There is only proof that something exists when we discover said proof. The dinosaurs existed even when we had no evidence of them, as did every other newly discovered species on the planet. Not having evidence of somethings existence does not in and of itself prove it doesn't.
Sorry, stupid, in some cases it does. How do I know there isn't a herd of giraffes in my kitchen? Well, because if there were one, there would be evidence of one.

And if god existed, there would evidence of his existence.
akpilot wrote:
One wonders how many species we have not discovered from the Jurassic
Period which existed.
What's the difference between ignorance and apathy?
I don't know, and I don't care.
akpilot wrote:
You don't use logic Rose.
Yes I do. But you lie about my positions. You are without any kind of integrity or intelligence.

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#160568 Sep 23, 2012
RnL2008 wrote:
<quoted text>
That may be true......but Romney NEEDS the swing states.......President Obama only needs like a couple......hell, he's even leading in Ryan's home state.......lol!!!
And yes, I do agree with ya........polls can be very misleading......but it still is funny to see that even Romney's campaign knows he's got a bit of an uphill battle to overcome!!!
I will be more interested in the "polls" after the debates. We all know Obama speaking without a teleprompter isn't his strong suit. And he isn't very good in a debate, if Romney goes after him and doesn't play Mr Nice Guy like McCain did he could be in real trouble,

Santa Monica, CA

#160569 Sep 23, 2012
KiMare wrote:
KiMare wrote:
KiMare wrote:
Marriage through history, in every culture has been diverse genders reunited as one with the ponderous propensity to produce human fruit.
Even if that's true, so what? You are appealing to tradition, a logical fallacy.
KiMare wrote:
The sole birthplace of every single other human relationship in existence.
<quoted text>
No 'children' are born outside marriage.
Children aren't people?
News to me.
KiMare wrote:
Are you saying that is a good thing?
That's right, you don't give a rip about kids.
I'm not saying it's a good or bad thing.
Just pointing out you are wrong.
People are born outside of marriages.

Location hidden

#160570 Sep 23, 2012
Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry, stupid, in some cases it does. How do I know there isn't a herd of giraffes in my kitchen? Well, because if there were one, there would be evidence of one.
You call this logic? It doesn't even make sense you idiot.

First off, your question is stated in the present tense, thus one could walk into your kitchen and see if there is a giraffe there. Not even in the same category Rose.

You fail Rose, you don't even use logical thought at a level of a 2nd Grader.

Santa Monica, CA

#160571 Sep 23, 2012
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Ho, it doesn't matter what the case was about.
Yes it does, stupid.

Location hidden

#160572 Sep 23, 2012
Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
Even if that's true, so what?
Ahh, the ignorance of Rose on full display.

"Even if that is true, so what? I don't give a damn about facts, I believe what I want, and because I believe it despite factual evidence to the contrary, it must be true and I will continue to believe it."

Santa Monica, CA

#160573 Sep 23, 2012
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Who are you debating? It seems you are throwing out gay twirl garbage that has nothing to do with what I said.
1. You are absolutely right that things like no-fault divorce have devastated marriage. The idea that dumbing it down more to allow duplicate genders who are sterile as a couple is your idea of logic??? Gay couples have a worse record of stability, now you want to inflict that on marriage too??? Are you serious???
2. I never brought God or religion in, let alone a specific religion. The fact is, marriage is a combination of cultural, religious and legal constraints, overwhelmingly instituted because of children.
Hence the childhood rhyme,
Jack and Jill sitting in a tree
K I S S I N G.
First comes love
Then comes marriage
Then comes the baby in the baby carriage.
Did your parents hate you?
Did one leave because they hated you?
(Nothing you could have done about that.)
Is that why you are such a bitter troll?
Just curious.

Santa Monica, CA

#160574 Sep 23, 2012
akpilot wrote:
<quoted text>
"Even if that is true, so what? I don't give a damn about facts, I believe what I want, and because I believe it despite factual evidence to the contrary, it must be true and I will continue to believe it."
Again, you show your lack of integrity. You took my statement out of context. I was pointing out that KiMare was appealing to tradition, that's a logical fallacy. Do you know what that means? I was saying that even if every culture ever has had man/woman marriage (how could we know that for sure?), it doesn't necessarily mean that same sex marriage is a bad thing.
Rules Of Evidence

Toronto, Canada

#160575 Sep 23, 2012
TucksunJack wrote:
The Obamaniac is a pos
It is my opinion that they both are! But one is a bigot and against marriage equality amongst other things and you being a gay man makes NO sense to me that you would cut your own throat! But at least you have the POS in common with them! Romney is going to shyte all over your rights but be my guest vote away! LOL

“NOW will ya give me”

Since: Sep 12

some fightin' room ? !

#160576 Sep 23, 2012
Rules Of Evidence wrote:
<quoted text>
It is my opinion that they both are! But one is a bigot and against marriage equality amongst other things and you being a gay man makes NO sense to me that you would cut your own throat! But at least you have the POS in common with them! Romney is going to shyte all over your rights but be my guest vote away! LOL
I'm a Libertarian and will be voting for Gary Johnson.

:)

Location hidden

#160577 Sep 23, 2012
Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
Again, you show your lack of integrity. You took my statement out of context. I was pointing out that KiMare was appealing to tradition, that's a logical fallacy. Do you know what that means? I was saying that even if every culture ever has had man/woman marriage (how could we know that for sure?), it doesn't necessarily mean that same sex marriage is a bad thing.
No Rose, nothing was taken out of context.

“WAY TO GO”

Since: Mar 11

IRELAND

#160578 Sep 23, 2012
RiccardoFire wrote:
<quoted text>A lot of his comments were made over a month ago, the press holds them back and waits for Oblamer's blunder like how he messed up on Sept. 11 with Ambassador Stevens, and going on Letterman and saying it was about a movie, then saying hours later it wasn't about a movie and spending 70,000 dollars to air an ad on Pakistani TV saying how sorry we are for the movie. Not much you can do when the press is not fair. I think the loser should be the vice president.
The Ambassador's death is not necessarily the Presidents fault....as for the rest of your comment.......do you think it was good of Romney to make his comments about 47% of the population? or his comments about not handling Foreign policies?

“WAY TO GO”

IRELAND

#160579 Sep 23, 2012
akpilot wrote:
<quoted text>
I will be more interested in the "polls" after the debates. We all know Obama speaking without a teleprompter isn't his strong suit. And he isn't very good in a debate, if Romney goes after him and doesn't play Mr Nice Guy like McCain did he could be in real trouble,
I disagree with ya........I think the President can handle a debate against Romney!!!

Location hidden

#160580 Sep 23, 2012
RnL2008 wrote:
<quoted text>
I disagree with ya........I think the President can handle a debate against Romney!!!
Of course you do, you are an Obama fan. But if one is objective in the matter, you cannot disagree that Obama is a gaffe machine when he speaks without a teleprompter. Not to mention he has a dismal record to run on.

Unlike last time, he will not be able to simply blame Bush. As much as the country had grown tired of Bush in 2008, so to are they tired with the excuse in chief.

But, then again, the moderators could continue to toss soft balls at Obama as they have for the last 3+ years?

“WAY TO GO”

IRELAND

#160581 Sep 24, 2012
akpilot wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course you do, you are an Obama fan. But if one is objective in the matter, you cannot disagree that Obama is a gaffe machine when he speaks without a teleprompter. Not to mention he has a dismal record to run on.
Unlike last time, he will not be able to simply blame Bush. As much as the country had grown tired of Bush in 2008, so to are they tired with the excuse in chief.
But, then again, the moderators could continue to toss soft balls at Obama as they have for the last 3+ years?
Look, it's okay that we disagree.....but to say that I am an Obama fan is just not Cool......I vote as I see fit to......and who I vote for will depend on many things........so, again even though I believe the President will win reelection, it doesn't mean I'm voting in his favor.

Personally, I think Romney is truly worse for this Country.....but again, that's just my opinion!!!
Ronald

Bellflower, CA

#160582 Sep 24, 2012
RnL2008 wrote:
<quoted text>
RnL2008.

Unfortunately, you are probably right. One thing the Africans and the Mulattoes do not lack is the gift of gab. Government schools dumbed down the students to the lowest common denominator after the revolutionaries seized control of academia. It is questionable whether there are now enough cerebral focused voters that would be necessary to end African rule.

Ronald
Ronald

Bellflower, CA

#160583 Sep 24, 2012
RnL2008 wrote:
<quoted text>
The Ambassador's death is not necessarily the Presidents fault....as for the rest of your comment.......do you think it was good of Romney to make his comments about 47% of the population? or his comments about not handling Foreign policies?
RnL2008.

Yes. Since Obama became president the intelligence service seems to have suffered. Obama should have known the attack on the embassy was eminent and have taken early action to spirit the Ambassador and his staff away to safety.

I also agree with your criticism of Romney's 47%. The figure is probably much too low. Our Homosexual and non-Homosexual Democrat friends and the lesbians like nothing better than to claim taxpayer dependencies pay payroll, sales, and other taxes - much of which is paid for with hard earned taxpayer provided money. The fact is, though, that the politicians have devised myriad ways to "rebate" those taxes supposedly paid. Have you calculated a realistic percentage, and if so, how did you arrive at that figure?

Ronald

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#160584 Sep 24, 2012
SpongeBob wrote:
<quoted text>
However, the ACLU said that laws and adoption agency policies have created obstacles for gay and lesbian couples who want to adopt children.
Thank goodness there is still some protection from people using children.

The ACLU has knowingly used deceptive and unscientific 'studies' for years. Hence my challenge to produce the actual studies and their methods. And, the lack of any response to the challenge.

Bazinga!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Beverly Hills Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Matt Luer from the NBC Today show is fired from... 56 min Raydot 4
Subway paleontology: LA construction unearths f... 5 hr Christian Republican 2
News The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 6 hr Big Ray 21,271
BradmanTV 17 hr ok 1
Complete ( Work and World) 18 hr Fact 1
the music thread (Apr '12) 18 hr Musikologist 23
Teen Mom 2 Maci Bookout On Drugs 19 hr Shame 2

Beverly Hills Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Beverly Hills Mortgages