Judge overturns California's ban on s...

Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

There are 201877 comments on the www.cnn.com story from Aug 4, 2010, titled Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage. In it, www.cnn.com reports that:

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at www.cnn.com.

Winston Smith

United States

#160225 Sep 21, 2012
Tata wrote:
<quoted text>
NO NO NO you dumb stupid idiot. You never could get it right you are so wrapped up in yourself and your drugs you will never get it, so just STFU
Yep, more of that childish claptrap coming from your keyboard. What was it you were saying about gay folk? Everyone of them thinks those who disagree with them are idiots or something of that nature? Look in the mirror, taterhead. You direct quite a bit of name calling in the direction of those who disagree with you.

I think we've got a bit of the pot calling the kettle black with you.

Since: Sep 12

San Bernardino, CA

#160226 Sep 21, 2012
Now the gays can be as miserable as the rest of us.

“NOW will ya give me”

some fightin' room ? !

#160227 Sep 22, 2012
Slotty8it wrote:
Now the gays can be as miserable as the rest of us.
That's one way of lookin at it.

:)

Don't we deserve that kind of equality too ?

:)

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#160228 Sep 22, 2012
Quest wrote:
<quoted text>
What protects us from living under sharia law also protects us from living under one version or another of Christian law.
Smart folks, the founding fathers.
Which is why apologizing for supposedly offending Mohammad is not just a violation of free speech, it is imposing a religion on our nation.

Missed that, didn't you?

“NOW will ya give me”

some fightin' room ? !

#160229 Sep 22, 2012
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Which is why apologizing for supposedly offending Mohammad is not just a violation of free speech, it is imposing a religion on our nation.
Missed that, didn't you?
A writer today sugested tat newspapers and other media start publishing offensive Mohammed cartoons everyday. His point is that after awhile these nuts will tire of protesting and being violent, and cartoons of Mohammed will then cease to be offensive.

Location hidden

#160230 Sep 22, 2012
TucksunJack wrote:
<quoted text>
A writer today sugested tat newspapers and other media start publishing offensive Mohammed cartoons everyday. His point is that after awhile these nuts will tire of protesting and being violent, and cartoons of Mohammed will then cease to be offensive.
Mohammad is a false prophet and a pedophile who designed a fake god, Allah so he could justify robbery, murder and rape.

Others can believe the claim that Islam is a peaceful, tolerant religion. I prefer to believe my eyes.

Location hidden

#160231 Sep 22, 2012
Romney paid a 20% tax rate over the last decade.
Obama paid 20.5% last year.

Romney has averaged 13.5% charitable giving over the last decade.
Obama gave 1% last year.

NPR just reported the first sentence yesterday.
Shock wave

West Covina, CA

#160232 Sep 22, 2012
America still hasn't settled down after what Willard Mitt Romney said: motherjones.com
Tata

Redondo Beach, CA

#160233 Sep 22, 2012
Marram wrote:
<quoted text>
You think you’re special. I’ve got news for you, you’re not. Why do you think you’re special based simply on how you have sex? Because that is the only difference regardless of how desperate you are to vilify Gay Americans.
Another homo that can't comprehend, where did I mention "having sex" you idiot? read what my reason is. I have said this from the begining but you homos keep changing words to suit yourselves, so I just take it as a grain of salt you are desparate to convince society you are normal but you are second class. lol
Tata

Redondo Beach, CA

#160234 Sep 22, 2012
Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
Rose's Law:
Morons with no real argument scream, "But what about the children!?"
There is no "gay lifestyle", just like there is no "straight lifestyle".
<quoted text>
Actually, you are the one acting like a victim with the "Lifestyle forced on society" line. The line is meaningless, you just want to make it sound like gays are doing something evil to you.
You need to put down the bottle and drugs !
Tata

Redondo Beach, CA

#160235 Sep 22, 2012
Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah right.
<quoted text>
IOW, you hate gay people, so you parrot the "lifestyle" line.
Lifestyle forced on society? That doesn't even mean anything.
<quoted text>
Yeah, I admit I hate homophobes like you. You deserve to be hated. Gay people don't.
Ok so let me get this right, before you change what you said later on like always. You say it's ok to "Hate" because you do.
Shock wave

West Covina, CA

#160236 Sep 22, 2012
The truth is simple.

If you are looking for a person who knows how to make mounds of profit for his company at the expense of American jobs, Willard Mitt Romney is your candidate.

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#160237 Sep 22, 2012
TucksunJack wrote:
<quoted text>

Secondly, "nullification" is a dead issue that NOBDOY believes in, because IF a state had the power to nullify federal laws and other federal acts, it would render the United States government powerless. The states voluntarily surrendered many rights to teh federal government when they ratified the U.S. Constitution. And once you're in, you're IN ! There's not even an escape clause for getting out which even the mafia has ("on the shelf" or death, natural or otherwise).
First: Thomas Jefferson and James Madison would not agree with you that nullification is dead. The only powers the States surrendered were those powers specifically defined in the Constitution. All others were reserved to them and when the Federal Government attempts to exercise power outside of that they most certainly have not only the power but the right and duty to nullify said law. If you are a libertarian as you claim you would understand this.

Second: Our entire nation is founded on the premise that people may remove themselves from a government which has become oppressive. Many States in their ratification's specifically stated that they would remove themselves from the Union and revoke their ratification if a Bill of Rights was not passed. This idea that a State cannot secede from the union is a product of Lincoln and the civil war- James Madison, Thomas Jefferson, George Mason, Patrick Henry... would not have agreed with him.

And the States do wield supreme power over the Federal Government. Remember, it is the States whom can Amend the Constitution with no input whatsoever from the Federal Government. The Federal Government must always receive permission from the states to do the same.
Shock wave

West Covina, CA

#160238 Sep 22, 2012
I will continue to ask the question I have asked since Republicans took over Congress in July of 2011 under the premise that they would create jobs and restore the economy.

Where are the jobs?

Since: Jan 10

Lewis Center, OH

#160239 Sep 22, 2012
Tata wrote:
<quoted text>
Another homo that can't comprehend, where did I mention "having sex" you idiot? read what my reason is. I have said this from the begining but you homos keep changing words to suit yourselves, so I just take it as a grain of salt you are desparate to convince society you are normal but you are second class. lol
Normal is an illusion you cling to in order to justify your vilification of Gay Americans and to feel better about yourself. I’m sure you are a bigot toward anyone who is different than you. BTW, I’m curious what is your definition of a second-class citizen? And, what is your definition of normal?

Since: Jan 10

Lewis Center, OH

#160240 Sep 22, 2012
TucksunJack wrote:
<quoted text>
Try reading The Bill Of Rights, specifically the 9th Amendment and the 10th Amendment.
Just what I thought, you’re no different than any other hater who spews out what they hear but have no substance to support their assertions.
Ronald

Bellflower, CA

#160241 Sep 22, 2012
Marram wrote:
<quoted text>
Normal is an illusion you cling to in order to justify your vilification of Gay Americans and to feel better about yourself. I’m sure you are a bigot toward anyone who is different than you. BTW, I’m curious what is your definition of a second-class citizen? And, what is your definition of normal?
Marram.

I doubt many of us care one way or the other what our Homosexual friends, the lesbians, and the Africans do in the privacy of their own bedrooms. What the vast majority of overtaxed and underrepresented Californians object to is the free-spending out-of control Homosexual and non-Homosexual California legislature using hard earned taxpayer money to teach Homosexuality to little children - and the girls - in expensive taxpayer funded forced Government schools.

Ronald
Shock wave

West Covina, CA

#160242 Sep 22, 2012
This story will not fade away, nor die - sorry ann Romney - your on the hot seat too!

motherjones.com
Randy from Wooster

Wooster, OH

#160249 Sep 22, 2012
Anyone who starts to score real points againts the f*gs will find themselves banned, by the moderators, who are the censor of this website and seek to "moderate" the score of the battle/debates. In other qwords, they interfere with the real discussion with a mute button. the normal people are the people who act in accordance with nature. Second class citizens are the ones who are tolerated, in spite of the feelings that they stir up in the normal people, the majority.
Mona Lott

Brooklyn, NY

#160250 Sep 22, 2012
akpilot wrote:
<quoted text>
First: Thomas Jefferson and James Madison would not agree with you that nullification is dead. The only powers the States surrendered were those powers specifically defined in the Constitution. All others were reserved to them and when the Federal Government attempts to exercise power outside of that they most certainly have not only the power but the right and duty to nullify said law. If you are a libertarian as you claim you would understand this.
Second: Our entire nation is founded on the premise that people may remove themselves from a government which has become oppressive. Many States in their ratification's specifically stated that they would remove themselves from the Union and revoke their ratification if a Bill of Rights was not passed. This idea that a State cannot secede from the union is a product of Lincoln and the civil war- James Madison, Thomas Jefferson, George Mason, Patrick Henry... would not have agreed with him.
And the States do wield supreme power over the Federal Government. Remember, it is the States whom can Amend the Constitution with no input whatsoever from the Federal Government. The Federal Government must always receive permission from the states to do the same.
Trying to imagine what dead man would think 200 years later is really kind of silly. Each was a product of his time. Times change. People change over time.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Beverly Hills Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Body found as thousands flee California wildfires 2 hr mehdi mountather 1
News The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 19 hr OMTE 20,386
Trump 21 hr Patrick Aei 2
election best candidate trupp 21 hr Patrick Aei 2
Review: Fox Moving & Storage, LLC (Sep '15) 22 hr MartinJHuff 50
Donald Trump's star on Hollywood's Walk of Fame Sat Jane 1
General Question on Finding my grandparents att... Fri Richard 3

Beverly Hills Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Beverly Hills Mortgages