Judge overturns California's ban on s...

Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

There are 201480 comments on the www.cnn.com story from Aug 4, 2010, titled Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage. In it, www.cnn.com reports that:

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at www.cnn.com.

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#160784 Sep 24, 2012
Frank Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Moot point, since the courts have ruled repeatedly that a child born on U.S. soil regardless of the nationality of the parents, or to one parent (of a married couple) who is a U.S. citizen, or to unmarried mother who is a U.S. citizen, is born a U.S. citizen.
You should've done the reading:
http://www.richw.org/dualcit/cases.html
There is a difference between a "Citizen" and a "Natural Born Citizen" Frank.

"The Constitution does not, in words, say who shall be natural-born citizens. Resort must be had elsewhere to ascertain that. At common-law, with the nomenclature of which the framers of the Constitution were familiar, it was never doubted that all children born in a country of parents who were its citizens became themselves, upon their birth, citizens also. These were natives, or natural-born citizens, as distinguished from aliens or foreigners. Some authorities go further and include as citizens children born within the jurisdiction without reference to the citizenship of their [p168] parents. As to this class there have been doubts, but never as to the first. "- Minor v. Happersett

BTW, not one time has the SCOTUS ruled anyone not born of TWO US Citizen Parents to be a "Natural Born Citizen", they simply rule them a "Citizen".

They have however ruled someone born of TWO US Citizen parents to be a Natural Born Citizen- Perkins v. Elg

Location hidden

#160786 Sep 24, 2012
Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
Yup, there.
<quoted text>
Which separates church and state.
You're an idiot. Go educate yourself Rose.

Since: Apr 11

Panorama City, CA

#160788 Sep 24, 2012
starringuandi wrote:
The will of the people means nothing in the land of fruits and Nuts! Liberal activist judges
The "activist judge" is a bogey man created by con dumbs.
starringuandi wrote:
just overrule what people vote for.
That's part of their job, people should get equal rights, even when that's not popular with knuckle draggers.
starringuandi wrote:
No wonder millions of good people and businesses are fleeing this state. Eventually all you'll have left are illegals, entitlement junkies, street criminals and the liberal hypocrite elitist living in the ivory towers with the million dollar bathtubs . I'm betting they'll take their money and run as well!
Zzzz...

Panorama City, CA

#160789 Sep 24, 2012
akpilot wrote:
<quoted text>
You're an idiot. Go educate yourself Rose.
Oooo...good comeback.
Leon

Anonymous Proxy

#160790 Sep 24, 2012
Aldous Huxley wrote:
<quoted text>
Like you're on topic? The reality is your post is what a slimy little moronic stalking troll says! How about you STFU and get on topic or hit the road you jerk! I rather enjoy Mr. Rizzo's posts! As do others,on the other hand it seems others have pegged you for what you are! LOL
STFU you $3 bill sissy!

Panorama City, CA

#160791 Sep 24, 2012
Ronald wrote:
<quoted text>
Rose_NoHo.
Yes. I agree. If one lacks the ability for abstract thought, that one would naturally conclude my answers have nothing to do with its question.
Ronald
I take it you are admitting that fundies are racists.
So, I'm just asking why.

If you're just going to provide a bunch of Buy-bull quotes, don't bother.

Mike DiRucci

“Formerly Frankie Rizzo”

Since: Sep 12

Canarsie, NY

#160792 Sep 24, 2012
Aldous Huxley wrote:
<quoted text>
Like you're on topic? The reality is your post is what a slimy little moronic stalking troll says! How about you STFU and get on topic or hit the road you jerk! I rather enjoy Mr. Rizzo's posts! As do others,on the other hand it seems others have pegged you for what you are! LOL
Another stupid post from Bill!

You mad? Too bad! Nothing you can do about it tough guy.

Location hidden

#160793 Sep 24, 2012
Frank Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
That's right----poor Obama and Michelle....having to struggle in abject poverty during their college years....with no income.....other than the dividends and interest from the stocks and bonds gave him......boo-hoooo
And poor Obama----having to serve his mission away from his sweetheart......bicycling around Paris and environs talking to the locals.
Do you know what we call that in my circle? "Vacation"
Of course, I'm certain that other members of Obama's generation call it "draft dodging".
I agree, Obama loved that silver spoon.

Location hidden

#160794 Sep 24, 2012
Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
Oooo...good comeback.
Sorry, did you expect me to debate your nonsense?
Ronald

Bellflower, CA

#160795 Sep 24, 2012
Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
I take it you are admitting that fundies are racists.
So, I'm just asking why.
If you're just going to provide a bunch of Buy-bull quotes, don't bother.
Rose_NoHo.

Yes. I agree. "Racist" is an ever changing made up political emotionalism of no fixed and definite meaning. Its purpose is intended to move the political debate ever leftward. If one wants a definite answer to its questions, it must first ask sensible questions.

Ronald

Mike DiRucci

“Formerly Frankie Rizzo”

Since: Sep 12

Canarsie, NY

#160796 Sep 24, 2012
Leon wrote:
<quoted text>
STFU you $3 bill sissy!
It's funny when Bill posts real dumb stuff and tries to act like a tough guy.
Game Changer LATEST INFO

Harvest, AL

#160797 Sep 24, 2012
This opinion could change it all !!

http://youtu.be/EJaN7zFuHHs

“ reality, what a concept”

Since: Nov 07

this one

#160798 Sep 24, 2012
starringuandi wrote:
The will of the people means nothing in the land of fruits and Nuts!
The "will of the people" means many things, but if you imagine that it gives you the right to approve the violation of the constitutional rights of others, you are sadly mistaken. This isn't even the first time the voters of California have gotten their collective hands slapped for trying to put discrimination into their state constitution. The first time they tried to live out one of your wet dreams and gut fair housing laws when it comes to race. The "will of the people" argument didn't work then either.
starringuandi wrote:
Liberal activist judges just overrule what people vote for.
Odd considering that most of those who have been hearing this case have been Republican appointees, or are they only buzzword worthy if they do something you disagree with?
starringuandi wrote:
You started to get all paranoid there and didn't want to embarrass you any more than you just did yourself. You might want to think about getting some help for that...
RiccardoFire

Sacramento, CA

#160799 Sep 24, 2012
Frank Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
I hardly think Obama's mangling of fifty and forty-seven as he switched words mid-sentence in an attempt to correcty refer to the remaining states within the forty-eight contiguous states he was visiting, compares to Mitt saying airplanes shoud have openable windows to let the air in as he was trying to drum up sympathy for yet another non-event for poor beleaguered Ann.
JEESH! If the plane were designed the way Mitt wanted, I guess we would no longer need to worry about Ann being overexposed by his campaign.
Maybe he was joking....Who cares? Like I said, we could get in a pissing contest, I could post pages and videos of Oblamer and his fool Biden making dumb comments. When do you learn?

The point is: after 4 years, do u think all of a sudden oblamer will wave his magic wand and fix things? He had his chance and bundled it, time for a real change, not saying Romney is perfect, no one is. But oblamer just blames and is never wrong while the middle class suffers. And his wife moves on to more racism remarks.
RiccardoFire

Sacramento, CA

#160800 Sep 24, 2012
Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad on Monday compared countries that accept homosexual behavior to countries that “wish to legitimize stealing.”

Appearing on CNN's "Piers Morgan Tonight," Ahmadinejad was asked by host Piers Morgan whether he might willing to acknowledge that “everyone is entitled to be whatever sexuality they are born to be.”

Speaking through a translator, Ahmadinejad responded by asking Morgan,“Do you really believe that someone is born homosexual?” When Morgan answered that he “absolutely” believes that some people are born gay, Ahmadinejad pressed him further.

But yet we welcome this Hitler back to New York and the liberals keep quiet.

and bloomberg is busy protesting sodas.

His hands are dripping with the blood of innocents killed by his Iranian supported terror proxys, yet the UN welcomes him every year.
How sadly ironic that while US embassies are under siege by Islamic fanatics in half the world and our Ambassador to Libya was just brutally murdered, we must uphold diplomatic protocol for this butcher.

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#160802 Sep 25, 2012
RnL2008 wrote:
<quoted text>
The Regenrus study DOESN'T prove anything except that he did compare what he said he was going to......and he ONLY had 255 participates that even indicated that a parent WAS involved in a Same-Sex relationship......hardly enough to make true comparisons!!!
They won't have NATURAL children between them.....THAT'S THE ONLY DIFFERENCE......and not ALL heterosexual couples have NATURAL children between them either!!!
225 makes his study the largest gay study so far! Thank you for making another point for me!

True! A gay union will NEVER have natural children BETWEEN them!

True again! Which is why there are plenty of studies of single, step, foster and adoptive children. Gay unions can only fit in one of those categories, WITH THE EXCEPTION OF MISSING A GENDER PARENT. However, you assert that doesn't matter anyway!

Bottom line? You lied.

Bazinga!

“”

Since: Sep 09

Location hidden

#160803 Sep 25, 2012
RiccardoFire wrote:
Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad on Monday compared countries that accept homosexual behavior to countries that “wish to legitimize stealing.”
Appearing on CNN's "Piers Morgan Tonight," Ahmadinejad was asked by host Piers Morgan whether he might willing to acknowledge that “everyone is entitled to be whatever sexuality they are born to be.”
Speaking through a translator, Ahmadinejad responded by asking Morgan,“Do you really believe that someone is born homosexual?” When Morgan answered that he “absolutely” believes that some people are born gay, Ahmadinejad pressed him further.
But yet we welcome this Hitler back to New York and the liberals keep quiet.
and bloomberg is busy protesting sodas.
His hands are dripping with the blood of innocents killed by his Iranian supported terror proxys, yet the UN welcomes him every year.
How sadly ironic that while US embassies are under siege by Islamic fanatics in half the world and our Ambassador to Libya was just brutally murdered, we must uphold diplomatic protocol for this butcher.
NY is home to the UN. It has nothing to do with liberal or conservative.

Ahmadinejad is attending the meeting at the UN .
Bloomberg can not stop him from attending the same way that conservative Rudy Giuliani could not stop him .
Pierce just happened to get an interview.

I do agree about the soda and food sillyness that Bloomberg has gotten involved in.
Taking it out of the school system and replacing it with healthy meals is fine but do not tell other establishments what they can and can not serve.

“WAY TO GO”

Since: Mar 11

IRELAND

#160804 Sep 25, 2012
KiMare wrote:
True! A gay union will NEVER have natural children BETWEEN them!
Simply NOT true.......amazing what modern medicine can do with Stem Cells:-)

As for the rest of your comment.......just proves how much of an idiot you are!!!

Regnerus Study IS FLAWED..........and only idiots like yourself find it of any value.......nothing in it is factual, again just flawed because of how he opted to make his comparison........you want to see it for more than it is.......and frankly, that's your right.....but like Paul Cameron with is study about Gays and Lesbians......in time Regnerus will admit he made a mistake as well.

There's NOTHING wrong with Gays and Lesbians having the right to marry and THERE'S nothing wrong with Gays and Lesbians raising children.

Regardless of how Gay and Lesbian couples have children is NO DIFFERENT than how infertile/sterile heterosexual couples have children and that is their right and NONE of your concern!!!
SpongeBob

Fresh Meadows, NY

#160805 Sep 25, 2012
RiccardoFire wrote:
<quoted text>I just figured an open and honest man like the great obama would have nothing to hide? But I agree, we should be more concerned about his fast and furious dealings and why eric holder still has a job, his relations with vallerie jarrett, bill ayers, why he lied about Libya, why he along with carter and soros ushered in the muslim brotherhood. Why he has failed in economics. why he paid 70k for a pakistani ad saying we sorry for free speech. why he is the most divisive president in history. While our country is at a all time high national debt his wife goes on lavish shopping and vacations.
Wahoo! Trying to act all "Romney Reasonable" and I've made you "break stride". You've exposed yourself as a "Fox Noise Parrot." (which, of course, I suspected all along)

..Wow...You didn't miss much in your post...Dude, you just about listed them ALL, just like a good little Tea Bagger....
jacques renault

Chicago, IL

#160806 Sep 25, 2012
RnL2008 wrote:
<quoted text>
Simply NOT true.......amazing what modern medicine can do with Stem Cells:-)
As for the rest of your comment.......just proves how much of an idiot you are!!!
Regnerus Study IS FLAWED..........and only idiots like yourself find it of any value.......nothing in it is factual, again just flawed because of how he opted to make his comparison........you want to see it for more than it is.......and frankly, that's your right.....but like Paul Cameron with is study about Gays and Lesbians......in time Regnerus will admit he made a mistake as well.
There's NOTHING wrong with Gays and Lesbians having the right to marry and THERE'S nothing wrong with Gays and Lesbians raising children.
Regardless of how Gay and Lesbian couples have children is NO DIFFERENT than how infertile/sterile heterosexual couples have children and that is their right and NONE of your concern!!!
the hell it isn't our concern; some innocent baby born into who knows what for who knows whom

Regnerus is a giant in his field; the scientific study showed the truth about lesbians and that fight club you're trying to pass off as marriage

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Beverly Hills Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 10 hr Al Truth 21,966
trump fake snake man rudy garbage man sessions ... 12 hr RedSoxFan-inGeorgia 3
Specialized Bicycle Problem 13 hr RedSoxFan-inGeorgia 2
Drugs/Meth/H/oxy30etc 14 hr Fire man 4
F ck Robert Deniro 23 hr Awe 7
News Paris Hilton appears in court for hacker's sent... Jun 15 bubba6 3
Hello Beverly Hills Jun 14 d00dl 2

Beverly Hills Jobs

Personal Finance

Beverly Hills Mortgages