Judge overturns California's ban on s...

Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

There are 201878 comments on the www.cnn.com story from Aug 4, 2010, titled Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage. In it, www.cnn.com reports that:

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at www.cnn.com.

Six Six Six Imperfections

Agawam, MA

#159281 Sep 14, 2012
Mona Lott wrote:
<quoted text>
Where did I write that?
Just a suggestion.
Why not watch the movie that "Illuminated" the Muslims the other day. I'd be livid too.
David Miller

West Covina, CA

#159282 Sep 14, 2012
Such a sunny day outside.
DCA

Tracy, CA

#159284 Sep 14, 2012
All this talk about children needing a mother and a father - have you people looked at the divorce rates? And all the SINGLE parents out there? Don't you think that 2 parents is better than 1?

Isn't it enough that the child is loved and taken care of?

You think about those kids sitting in a fricken orphanage that just want someone to love and take care of them - do you think they give a shit what gender the parents are? I think not.

I think the most important things are being missed here.
Jessica

Huntington Beach, CA

#159285 Sep 14, 2012
Give peace a chance.
RiccardoFire

Sacramento, CA

#159286 Sep 14, 2012
DCA wrote:
All this talk about children needing a mother and a father - have you people looked at the divorce rates? And all the SINGLE parents out there? Don't you think that 2 parents is better than 1?
Isn't it enough that the child is loved and taken care of?
You think about those kids sitting in a fricken orphanage that just want someone to love and take care of them - do you think they give a shit what gender the parents are? I think not.
I think the most important things are being missed here.
Isn't 3 parents better then 2? or 4 better then 3? I guess we should endorse group marriage so we can increase the parents.
DCA

Tracy, CA

#159287 Sep 14, 2012
RiccardoFire wrote:
<quoted text>Isn't 3 parents better then 2? or 4 better then 3? I guess we should endorse group marriage so we can increase the parents.
You are missing the point - which is who cares what gender the parents are as long as they love their children and take care of them...cannot be any worse than us straight parents who often do it as a single parent or divorced.

As for your smart ass comment - some kids do have 4 parents..it's called mom and step-dad, dad and step-mom - and those kids are probably very well taken care of. You ever heard that saying it takes a village to raise a child? The more the merrier.
DCA

Tracy, CA

#159288 Sep 14, 2012
Oh and by the way there are already MANY gay couples raising children in this country right now...married or not it is happening..so get over it.

“No Allah: know peace”

Since: Jun 07

A sacred grove in Tujunga, CA

#159289 Sep 14, 2012
thisGuy wrote:
<quoted text>
"Where do you come up with your nonsense? 99% of homosexuals come from "broken heterosexual families"???? hahahahahahah weak, dude."
-Because alot of homosexuals have admitted (1) growing up without a mother or father,(2) have a real hatred for the opposite sex,(3) being raped/molested by a friend or relative,(4) all of the above. I got the idea straight from you queers! That's not "weak", that's the TRUTH!
No, that's sampling bias. You have taken a SMALL sampling and are ignoring the data that does not fit your preconceived notions of "reality". The fact is that there are plenty of gays that grew up in happy, nourishing families.
thisGuy wrote:
""...except her father gives more attention to his sons than to her. And I know for a fact that is the reason she is so promiscuous & queer."
hahahahahahahah you have NOTHING to back that up."
-Uh, yeah I do. She has told me & my colleagues about her daddy issues. Also I know another chick who ADMITTED she was bi because she hated men. If you don't believe me, then why don't you explain why so many Feminists resent men? And why so many of them are lesbians? And why is sexism common in the GLBTQQA community? It's clearly is a lifestyle choice.
Okay, in this last sentence, you seem to have accidentally stumbled onto some truth. Sexism is indeed a lifestyle choice. No one is born sexist.
thisGuy wrote:
"According to the SURVEY of Inmates of State Correctional Facilities by the U.S. Department of Justice Bureau of Justice Statistics"
-LOL Using a survey when facts have proved you wrong...EPIC FAIL
"Those inmates who were convicted of committing violent acts against children were more like to have been white, a percentage of nearly 70%, than any other race."
-LOL Why are we talking about white people? I thought we talking about queers being unfit for children? Completely different topic.
" White inmates were nearly three times more likely to have victimized a child than black inmates."
-LOL Still doesn't prove why you queers are unfit parents
"* Nearly two-thirds of convicted child molesters and/or offenders were or had been married.
* Child molesters and offenders were more likely to have grown up in a two parent home and were more likely to have been molested as a child"
-I have already mentioned what I think about scenerios like this: THEY'RE STILL IN THE CLOSET
"* Three out of four children who were victimized were female."
-Then explain why there are more cases of men victimizing little boys than little girls.
"* One-third of the covicted offenders had committed a crime against their own child.
* About half of the convicted offenders had a relationship with the child, either through friends or family."
-Sounds just like NAMBLA
"About one in every seven Hispanic convicts had been convicted for a crime against a child."
-LOL In other words, 1 out of 7 Hispanics is a homosexual pedophiles LOL
...LOL & I'm still waiting for you queers to give me a supporting argument why queers should be allowed to have kids...so far, I have not seen one. FAIL.
You have not seen one for the simple reason that you have made a lifestyle choice to blind yourself to reality. There is no connection between homosexuality and pedophilia.

Since: Apr 11

Santa Monica, CA

#159290 Sep 14, 2012
thisGuy wrote:
<quoted text>
"Rose's Law:
Morons with no real argument scream, "But what about the children!?""
-Actually it's a VERY real argument, because that child DOES have a biological mother & biological father!
"No matter how you feel about gay couples raising children, gay marriage is a separate issue."
-No it isn't, because you queers are trying to redefine marriage to get access to children, because children are your goal. You queers have hijacked the system & have allowed pedophiles to rape whoever they please. And we will not allow you!
Rose's Law...
Anyway
1. I'm straight.
2. Gay people can adopt now. Marriage is a separate issue.
thisGuy wrote:
"Couples can marry and not raise kids, or raise kids and not marry."
-Most couple don't marry because they want to get through school while others have kids because they infatuate the person.
Was that supposed to make sense?
thisGuy wrote:
However, many children are with their biological parents.
"And, you don't have to be willing or able to spawn in order to marry."
-Then that makes marriage pointless. The whole point of marriage is 'rite of passage' through the eyes of the Lord.
Your Lord is just an imaginary friend. It's like arguing we shouldn't have marriage equality because Dr. Moriarty doesn't like the idea.
And many people marry who have neither the desire nor ability to spawn. That's just a simple fact.
thisGuy wrote:
It is considered as such because many married couples actually do spawn children afterwards. It's a union between man & woman because only those can produce a child. Queers getting married is just idiotic because neither one can make a child. Biology has proven so.
Take notes this time:
You don't have to be able to spawn in order to marry.
thisGuy wrote:
"Still waiting for a rational argument against gay marriage."
-I have given you plenty of rational reasons, but you keep ignoring them. Funny how common sense doesn't exist in the queer world.
No, you haven't. You've mentioned a fictional character, and the ability to reproduce, which is not a requirement for marriage.
Still waiting for a rational argument against gay marriage...

Santa Monica, CA

#159291 Sep 14, 2012
jacques renault wrote:
<quoted text>
still waiting for someone to name your role model--your champion--your leader
every worthwhile movement has one
every movement in human history
I'll take that as an admission that you can't come up with a good argument against gay marriage.
SuckMe

Pleasanton, CA

#159292 Sep 14, 2012
Yay

Santa Monica, CA

#159293 Sep 14, 2012
Tata wrote:
<quoted text>
You morons don't care about equal marriage rights, it's all about the benefits. You are all liars and hypocrits
WTF are you talking about? If people are just interested in benefits, they can marry just about anybody. Try to think...
If there was a lesbian couple and a gay male couple who just wanted benefits, each of the lesbians could marry one of the gay males. Voil, benefits. So, it should be obvious, even to a simpleton like you, that something else is going on.

#159294 Sep 14, 2012
thisGuy wrote:
<quoted text>
"The bottom line, Stacey said, is that people who say children need both a father and a mother in the home are misrepresenting the research"
-LOL By "misrepresenting the research" you mean being performed by a biased pro-homosexual anti-family special interest group. Sorry, it ain't gonna happen. UT has already proven you queers are unfit parents.
Learn to read. The data came from NUMEROUS studies, conducted over years, and was done for the American Academy of Pediatrics. Not the APA. This group was interested in what was best for the children, not in any alleged "special interest groups".

Oh, and minor point: I am straight.
thisGuy wrote:
"most of which compares children of single parents to children of married couples."
-Well, geez, you don't say? How many children do you know who don't have parents?
My son, for starters. His mother dropped her responsibility to him years ago. Since he was 8 years old, it has been just him and me. And he is VERY interested in women.
thisGuy wrote:
"Two good parents are better than one good parent, Stacey said, but one good parent is better than two bad parents."
-So in other words, their still deprived of a mother or father. If that's the case, then only married heterosexual couples should be allowed to adopt.
What a stupid comment. Two good parents (ANY gender!) are better than one good parent. Yup. I can personally attest to that. I have to balance earning a living and giving him the attention he needs, and that would be FAR easier if I had a partner. However, one good parent of ANY orientation is still far better than a heterosexual married couple that abuses or neglects the kid.
thisGuy wrote:
"And gender seems to make no difference."
-BULLSHIT! You don't think that child is gonna notice a dyke who dressed like a man is a woman? Or a tell that his/her crossdressing "father" is a man? LOL Don't make laugh. You're kids are gonna be the first to notice what you really are!
So? And what makes you think that all gays cross dress? Or that all cross dressers are gay? I know a Christian minister who cross dresses, yet he is straight, and so is the woman to whom he is married. In fact, when they renewed their vows at their 25th anniversary, the entire wedding party was cross dressed.
thisGuy wrote:
"While you do find broad differences between how men and women parent on average, she said, there is much more diversity within the genders than between them."
-So let me get this straight: a child should be raised by a bunch of queers because their more "diversed"..LOL
Once again, learn to read. This statement was saying that there are large differences in the way different men raise a child: different men do it in different ways. At the same time, when examining the way women raise kids, there are large differences. This was comparing men to men and women to women.
thisGuy wrote:
What a bunch of horse-shit! Yeah & take it what makes queers more "diverse" is the amount of odd behaviors they do...like polygamy, pedophilia, necrophilia.
All of which are MORE likely to be found among the heterosexual population...
thisGuy wrote:
Queers should be classified as registered sex offenders.
Well, IF they engage in non-consensual acts, then I would agree with you. Rape is rape, regardless of the orientation of the people involved. On the other hand, when we are talking about consensual acts between adults, then it is a really stupid comment. It is none of your business.
Schwartz

Hst, Germany

#159295 Sep 14, 2012
Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
1. I'm straight.
2. Gay people can adopt now.
1. LIAR!
2. That's disgusting.

Santa Monica, CA

#159296 Sep 14, 2012
thisGuy wrote:

"If your "Lord" doesn't like the idea of same sex couples marrying, that is his problem and no one else's."
-My Lord has a way of dealing with people like you, it's called AIDS.
Then your lord has lousy aim. MOST people who get AIDS are straight.
And more people die of the flu in the US than die of AIDS. Is the flu your lord's way of dealing with those evil people who don't wash their hands frequently enough?
(Rational people abandoned the idea that diseases are caused by god as some from of punishment centuries ago...)
thisGuy wrote:

"Other versions of the same deity have no problem with the idea and are more than happy to have his blessings bestowed on the happy couple."
-Hmm...let's ask other religions & see what they say: Islam? Nope. Judaism? Nope. Jainism? Nope. Sikhism? Hell, they say you are "going against nature". Bah'? Nope. Mormonism? Nope...LOL Seems to me like alot of deities disapprove of homosexuality.

None of those deities actually exist.
David Miller

West Covina, CA

#159297 Sep 14, 2012
I was under the impression this had been all wiped up?

Santa Monica, CA

#159298 Sep 14, 2012
Schwartz wrote:
<quoted text>
1. LIAR!
2. That's disgusting.
Fido, you love to follow me around using racist slurs, you are like a little kid who has a crush on me.
You are pathetic, but don't kill yourself, that would end your suffering.

#159299 Sep 14, 2012
thisGuy wrote:
<quoted text>
""Children whose parents divorce (regardless of sexual orientation) are better adjusted when their parents have high self-esteem, maintain a responsible and amicable relationship, and are currently living with a partner.""
-No it isn't. Divorce is one of the worst things that can happen to a family, especially when the child is stuck in the middle of it.
And yet again... LEARN TO READ!

Yes, divorce is bad for kids, but it IS be better than having to watch parents fighting, or staying with an abusive parent, or any of many things that can make divorce the BEST option for the kids.

That statement was referring to the actions of the parents AFTER divorce has already happened. If the parents can behave like civilized human beings while in front of the kids, it is FAR better for the kids than seeing them fight, or denigrate the other parent. My son has NEVER heard what I think of his mother, and he never will, either.
thisGuy wrote:
"Once again reaffirming the BENEFITS of recognizing the rights of gays to marry. "
-How the fucking hell does "divorce" help queers getting married? I didn't even realize where involved in people's divorce. LOL Someone obviously doesn't the know the difference between a marriage & a divorce. EPIC FAIL.
Do you have a learning disability? Seriously. If you do, I will try and take that into account when I write things to make it easier to understand.

It is better for a child to have two parents of any orientation, than to have one.. If the biological parents divorce, it is better for the kids if the custodial parent remarries, even in a SSM. Since marriage carries with it a whole host of rights, privileges and benefits, and these benefits do have an effect on the children, gays MUST be allowed to marry for the sake of the kids.
thisGuy wrote:
"Once society learns to stop maltreating people just for being a little different, society as a whole will benefit."
-And then what? We should let pedophiles marry children just because they're "different"? We should let murderers & serial killers do whatever they want because they're "different" as well? LOL Wow! You queers truly are the gateway to a corrupted society
Again with the stupid comments. Rape and murder are NON-consensual actions that harm their victims. NO ONE is harmed by gay marriage.

In fact, homophobes are always complaining about gays that get married to an opposite sex partner and then divorce then for a same sex partner. if homosexuality were no longer stigmatized, this would decrease since gays would no longer feel compelled to pretend they were something they are not.
David Miller

West Covina, CA

#159300 Sep 14, 2012
It's a all in one package, didn't you get the memo?
Michael Clark Duncan

Netherlands

#159301 Sep 14, 2012
Tata wrote:
Michael Clark Duncan, the war is over and you don't need to hide in Canada anymore you deserter, coward ....
So sorry to disappoint you but I served in Vietnam in 1971! So as usual you're wrong about that and being a bully,wrong about everything else! Now where did you serve,or are you just another typical chicken hawk? LOL, How wonderful you think it's funny to casually slap a gay person! You're quite the shining beacon for all of humanity aren't you reprobate!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Beverly Hills Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Hundreds of Thousands Attend in Women's March i... 2 hr Ahmmad 77
6-21-17 Murders hit record high in Mexico 5 hr lighterthanyou 4
News One of the LAPD cruisers allegedly stolen by ca... 5 hr secret Asian man 3
Review: Fidelity Locksmith Services (Mar '16) 9 hr Elmer34 121
News Beyond Oscars' glare, a glimpse of women on the... Jun 17 AmPieJam UncleSam 6
News The Latest: More venues cancel Kathy Griffin shows Jun 3 LOL 2
News A girl waves a Mexican flag during rallies in L... (Mar '06) Apr '17 NKOTBLOCC 4,544

Beverly Hills Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Beverly Hills Mortgages