Did Regnerus compare:<quoted text>
You people need to pick a story and stick with it.
First you tell us Regnerus used fraudulent data.
But that's now been disproven, hasn't it?
Not missing a beat, you now tell us he didn't actually study gay and lesbian parents and his study didn't actually include kids raised by same-sex parents.
Well, your latter claim may prove to be correct -- the problem is you people are neither qualified or in the peer-review loop.
Scott Rose is a homosexual blogger and activist. This alone disqualifies him from presenting an unbiased opinion -- but more than this, he is not a social scientist or scholar -- he has no credentials in anything in fact.
Worse still, it's now clear he besmirched Regnerus's reputation based on not a whit of evidence. Mind you, he accused Regnerus of "fraud." That's a serious indictment -- one that can get a person fired and ruin his career.
And Rose went to the media with his accusations of fraud. He created a national initiative to have Regnerus' study disowned by UT and removed from publication.
All this before the peer-review process even started. Indeed, doesn't it look like Rose and the LGBT community were trying to prevent the peer-review process from starting?
1. Married gay parents to married straight parents.
2. Gay couples in long-term exclusive relationships to straight couples in same, regardless of marriage status?
3. Single straight parents to single gay parents?
4. Gay and straight couples in the same socio-economic levels?
5. straight blended families or divorced parents with gay parents in the same situation?
6. Would comparing children raised by gay couples back when being gay carried MUCH MUCH more stigma - to the point of illegality - with straight couples who had no such stigma would skew the results? And, as a result, would the study then have no bearing on children raised by married gay couples today?
How were all of these mitigating factors controlled for and accommodated in the study results? That would be a necessity to show that there is any cause and effect with a difference between the children raised by gay or straight parents, and the parenting skills those parents used.
Lets hear the answers.