Nora Aunor is "All Time Greatest Artist/Actress of Philippine Cinema"

Posted in the Beverly Hills Forum

First Prev
of 67
Next Last
mpn143

Jeddah, Saudi Arabia

#1 Oct 21, 2006
Recent survey conducted by a well-known magazine in the Philippines on "Who is Philippine Cinema's Greatest Actress of All Time?" has put MISS NORA AUNOR once again in the lead. She topped the survey over her archrival Vilma Santos who ranked no.2

Congratulations to Miss Nora Aunor. You are truly number one and the Greatest Artist and Actress of All Time
Gracia de Aunor KSA

Jeddah, Saudi Arabia

#2 Oct 21, 2006
She is indeed the best and the very best Actor of Philippine Cinema, with 3 international best actress; Cairo International Film Festival for Flor Contemplacion Story, Penang Malaysian International Film Festival for Bakit Bughaw ang Langit, and Brussels International Film Festival for Silent Passage.
Congrats to Ate Guy for the latest honor.
Nap Alemania

Riyadh, Saudi Arabia

#3 Oct 29, 2006
Aside from the above mentioned honor, she was also honored by three key cities in the USA for her outstanding talent. They name it NORA AUNOR DAY.
pauljames

Fremont, CA

#4 Oct 30, 2006
I would just like to correct the earlier comment by Gracia de Aunor. Nora won best actress in Penang, Malaysia(1996) for her movie "Bakit May Kahapon Pa?" Her victory earned her a prolong standing ovation. For "Bakit Bughaw ang Langit?", Nora won best actress at the Catholic Mass Media Awards.Let's continue to support Nora's unique and exemplary artistry!!!
noel franco

Morgan City, LA

#6 Nov 2, 2006
Gracia de Aunor KSA wrote:
She is indeed the best and the very best Actor of Philippine Cinema, with 3 international best actress; Cairo International Film Festival for Flor Contemplacion Story, Penang Malaysian International Film Festival for Bakit Bughaw ang Langit, and Brussels International Film Festival for Silent Passage.
Congrats to Ate Guy for the latest honor.
I THINK SHE WON THE MALAYSIAN INT. FILMFEST BEST ACTRE SS FOR THE MOVIE- BAKIT MAY KAHAPON PA? ty
juda

Quezon City, Philippines

#8 Dec 14, 2006
Meng, ikaw ba yan mukhang nag-iba ihip ng hangin.
juda

Quezon City, Philippines

#9 Dec 14, 2006
Sa lahat ng mga masasakit sa salita na nabitawan mo noon.....i could never forget you.
an avid fan of nora

Taytay, Philippines

#10 Feb 21, 2007
pls help me find a copy of Bona and SIDHI. I am collecting the best of Nora Aunor's MOVIES.
an avid fan of nora

Taytay, Philippines

#11 Feb 21, 2007
ITO NGA PALA CONTACT NUMBER NUMBER KO, JUST IN CASE MERON SA INYO MAKAKAPAGBIGAY NG KOPYA NG MGA NATATANGING PELIKULA NI ATE GUY... 09192523610.. LALO NA NG BONA AT SIDHI... PLS HELP. KINUKUMPLETO KO PO KSI YNG THE BEST OF NORA AUNOR'S MOVIES.
jocelyn - san dog

San Marcos, CA

#12 Mar 22, 2007
Nora is the best actress in the philippine history.She is better than Vilma. Nora has more outstanding awards enter the whole world.And also she is the best and hoping we can see her in los angeles,ca.Its that true that she leaves here in southern los angeles?Please let us know and thanks
mila natino canada

Canada

#13 Apr 3, 2007
I open this page by accident, is this like a dans club ? please include me in .I love Nora ever since.I always watch her movies ,
mila natino canada

Canada

#14 Apr 3, 2007
I want to buy some of her movies. Where can I go,I'm coming home this July and I want to come back to Canada with at least 10 movies or more
winskie

Toledo City, Philippines

#15 Apr 6, 2007
hi, im also an avid fan of Nora Aunor. I have several copy of her movies, I only check those copy fom record bars. just be patient and wait.... okey. enjoy...
Elle Nino

Fremont, CA

#17 Apr 14, 2007
Hi Winskie,
Anong movies ni Nora ang meron ka? Puede bang bumili ng kopya mula sa iyo?. Thanks
yolanda agustin

AOL

#18 Apr 15, 2007
hi Mila Natino
I'm from Toronto. where is white rock? I'm looking for someone to go with in onne of ate Guys sheduled concert.
meng

Dammam, Saudi Arabia

#19 Apr 17, 2007
mila natino canada wrote:
I want to buy some of her movies. Where can I go,I'm coming home this July and I want to come back to Canada with at least 10 movies or more
You can join the online group, NORA Number One Rated Artist. Just click the link below:

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/N-O-R-A/
larry luisaga

Makati, Philippines

#20 Apr 19, 2007
nora is great
joy of the world

Vienna, Austria

#21 Apr 20, 2007
Nora aunor is very famous here in europe, hope she will pay to contribute a long concert here in vienna, austria....to all the filipino people af the world hrrah for ate guy....
gilbert

Bangkok, Thailand

#22 Apr 22, 2007
I was really overwhelmed for nora's achievement in philippine movies.She is considered to be an icon because of her exemplary talent in acting .Actually ,when i watched again himala .i really impressed tremendously with the acting ability of nora aunor .She's the all time best actress supposed to be not vilma should not won in relasyon.I am telling this because the urian were very blind during that time and they dont know exactly the true meaning of the word acting .NORA Aunor ,I salute you for being a great actress .
wendy

AOL

#23 May 6, 2007
no one can match nora's depth when she plays a role. so much have been said about her expressive eyes but i think they only mirror the soul that completely permeates her every performance. that's why no one in philippine cinema, past or present, even comes close to nora's performances.
vilma can cry pretty, and at a drop of a hat, but she doesn't have nora's soulful grasp of her roles. vilma 's acting is very accessible, and therefore , easily popular but doesn't leave much of an impression. nora's acting, on the other hand, is always complex and layered..never for easy viewing but will reward you with unexpected nuances and artistic delights even after years of repeat viewing.
it will be a long time, perhaps never..before anyone can eclipse nora's timeless artistry.
it is indeed sad that her greatest achievements are not made available on dvd these days (e.g. HIMALA, BONA, BAKIT BUGHAW ANG LANGIT, CONDEMNED, TATLONG TAON..). we are depriving our new batch of movie lovers a real national treasure.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 67
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Beverly Hills Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Ashton Kutcher opens up about being a dad, and ... 2 hr tatuwalker1 1
Common Core is DESTROYING your kid's education ... 3 hr Sam Toliver 2
MEX-TEX-CA DRUGS to YOU! 4 hr ILLEGALS - DRUGS ... 1
Suge Knight, Katt Williams Arrested for Robbery 6 hr Sterkfontein Swar... 1
Shakey's Pizza Parlor To Honor Katy Perry On Al... 9 hr Big mike 14
'General Hospital' Spoilers - Oct. 27-31, 2014 ... Oct 27 amber elim 1
I like Beverly Hills as a NZer Oct 17 Michael K Mair 1

Beverly Hills News Video

Beverly Hills Dating
Find my Match