Hillsboro, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 12, 2012

Stan and Kyle wrote:
The viruses get in through so many doors. Topix is not the problem. Just dump your history once in awhile. It is opening up stuff that gets you in trouble
Oh, you know I am not blaming Topix. Love it. Can't understand why so many posters run it down though and are mean to other posters. Guess, they are just major a**holes and get off on being troublemakers. Or their life is so warped, they want to pull everybody else down with them. You know, misery loves company. I've not been having it so good for years but I'm not gonna try to crush someone else at random over any of it.

Opening up stuff. Like the links people post on Topix? Probaly ties into cookies. Dumping history. Like Delete Browsing History thing in Internet Explorer? I usually leave the checkmarks on "Preserve Favorite website data", "Temporary Internet Files", "Cookies", and "History". I leave the others unchecked. So, just the "Temporary Internet Files,
"Cookies", and "History" get the e-r-a-s-e-r. LOL!!!

Hey, as an added benefit to you. I'll try not to go on and on too much for your vision in my posts to you. I wear glasses. Do you? I'm even light sensitive. Don't understand why. Up tp my adult years I wasn't. Maybe I'm too much of a social hermit. HA!

Romney vs. Obama. It's on! Fight at the playground. Winner gets an all expense paid trip to the White House.

Stan and Kyle

Madison, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 12, 2012

I am trying to remember . but a dedicated server cost money to keep the IP address constant. ( A business for example) The ones from your internet provider are dynamic and click back and forth between IP's so they can permit lots of personal usage. There for it is hard to ban someone from topix. In some time frame the IP will change slightly
anonymous california

Hillsboro, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 12, 2012

Stan and Kyle wrote:
I am trying to remember . but a dedicated server cost money to keep the IP address constant.( A business for example) The ones from your internet provider are dynamic and click back and forth between IP's so they can permit lots of personal usage. There for it is hard to ban someone from topix. In some time frame the IP will change slightly
Constant. The STATIC kind. The one I'm using is DYNAMIC. But it doesn't seem to ever change. I think maybe the provider has it locked down like a static even though it's dynamic. I was fortunate enough to communicate witha tech one time that told me dynamic means IP changes every time I go onnline. Like what happened in our post location last year. When it jumped from (was it Harvest) to Madison for you. And me from Grove City to Hillsboro. I keep wanting to think that is from IP changing. Maybe that's where I'm confusing myself.
anonymous california

Hillsboro, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 13, 2012

lastoutlaw wrote:
<quoted text>Well, I've heard it said that the Pacific Teutonic Plate is moving northward at the rate of about 1 inch a day as compared to the North American Plate. So in about a million years, you can wake up in your Los Angeles home, look out your living room window and enjoy the view across San Francisco Bay.
Perhaps you and S&K's topix locations changing from Grove City to Hillsboro (you) and Harvest to Madison (him) as verifyable proof of this.
But remember - no matter WHERE you go........
There you are!
I can "remember" Stan and Kyle and posting, I think on the
"Obama: Born In The U.S.A.?" thread, about the subject of hiding location on the internet. And he told me that some people use free programs to do it.

But remember - no matter WHERE you go........
There you are!
UNQUOTE

I have an uncle who loves saying something to that effect. Uncle lastoutlaw???!!! HA!

So, your quoted saying, is that a message? And if so, can I read into it wearing "Armor" for a safe "Surf"? And then put the clues together into one nice package online?

By the way, I think download.cnet.com is a nice site. I used it to download free programs back when I was on the used Dell desktop. Sometimes I look at programs on their that hide or mask IP Address and just window shop in "Private" on the "Browser".

Don't you just love WORD games? Hint, hint.
;-)
This one should be more fun than a Nostradamus quatrain. You do know that quatrain means four, don't you? I "" (eye) spy in the sky. Hey, remember the old show "I Spy" Was it Robert Culp and Bill Cosby?
anonymous california

Hillsboro, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 7, 2012

Stan and Kyle wrote:
I am having a hard time using computers and racing ect. So if I misspell words try to over look it, or if my comments are short. I am going blind. ha. Good news is that it is easily fixable. But I have to wait until October. I cant wait to have X ray vision again.
How's that eye thing going, S&K?
Stan and Kyle

Madison, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 8, 2012

Great. I have been hiding out lately. I keep erasing my history and miss all of the reply's. Hopefully those computer problems are behind me. How was you Swing State experience. Weird here. No campaigning at all.
anonymous california

Hillsboro, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 8, 2012

Stan and Kyle wrote:
Great. I have been hiding out lately. I keep erasing my history and miss all of the reply's. Hopefully those computer problems are behind me. How was you Swing State experience. Weird here. No campaigning at all.
So, you don't need the surgery?

Did you find a way or something so you don't have to erase history anymore?

I'm still dizzy from the swinging. Don't know why but NO Republican has ever won the presidency unless getting MY state. Must be some cookie or something. Maybe one day some candidate will erase that history. LOL!!! What, Alabama wasn't up for grabs? Sounds like it always goes one way only.

Someone said Paul Ryan was a bad choice for veep and that's why Romney lost. I had no problem with his faith but I think that Mormonism played a role. His wife Ann said if he doesn't win, they're out for next time. He lost the nomination to McCain in '08. He would only be 69 in 2016. That's the same age as Reagan when he first got it in 1980. In good company. Run Forrest, run!!! But would people be willing to take a chance on the Mittens fitting Uncle Sam's hands?

Who do you want to run in 2016? I got my eyes on Condaleeza Rice (the Birmingham Beauty) and Jeb Bush as a few possible nominees for president on the Republican side. Hillary Clinton and Dennis Kucinich as a few nominees for the Dems. But maybe some young bloods will emerge. I read a topix thread where someone suggested a Clinton/Rice ticket! Now, that would be bi-partisanship in action.

So, are you gonna ever register for Topix and turn green? I want to. But I don't need the current user name. Maybe ac. That way you guys will know me. I think I am weary of signing up because I don't want my real life name to be known due to making humorous posts on an and adult-oriented thread and making over-reacting posts on a few others, all in my first year on Topix. But the more I think of it. Most people signed up and green have probaly made weird and controversial posts.
Stan and Kyle

Madison, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 9, 2012

I need eye surgery for cataracts. I am having to delay it until it gets a tad worse. Oh well. I refuse to sign up for anything. dont need more of my info floating around forever in the cloud.
anonymous california

Hillsboro, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 9, 2012

Stan and Kyle wrote:
I need eye surgery for cataracts. I am having to delay it until it gets a tad worse. Oh well. I refuse to sign up for anything. dont need more of my info floating around forever in the cloud.
Stan and Kyle wrote:
Well, be careful waiting too long. I have a close relative that we think has them. She keeps delaying getting checked out. Complaining more often about trouble seeing. Told her the way things are nowadays with lasers making it very safe and easy. She might be scared about it. I just don't want you to lose the ability to post on here. You would really be missed, my friend.

About you're erasing history and missing replys. Do you use Internet Explorer? I noticed something in the 'Delete Browsing History and Cookies' thing or whatever it's called. You can choose just to NOT put a checkmark on 'History'. And just put one on 'Cookies'. So, you save your history but get rid of cookies. Unless, Topix uses a cookie for it, this might allow you to keep your replys intact. Here's what I've been doing lately. Are you on Internet Explorer 9? I have checkmarks ON 'Temporary Internet Files','Cookies', and 'History'. I have checkmarks OFF of 'Preserve Favorites website data','Download History','Form Data','Passwords'. Do you know about the one called 'ActiveX Filterig and Tracking Protection Data'? I don't understand it and don't know if that one should have a checkmark or not.

About signing up. I can see you like to keep a low public profile. Me too. I don't see how going out and getting a free e-mail account (maybe Yahoo! or AOL or Gmail) is going to be a bad thing for our ID. I think that Topix, in their FAQ, clams that they will not sell or share a user's email name or info with any other party. I realize that they would, however, in real situatons of the police authorities needing to know like if there was a real stalking or harrassing or threatening situation taking place. But we would never be involved. knowingly and purposely, in anything like that, now would we? And aren't there free email providers out there that offer 'anonymous' accounts and do not require a name. I saw a few. One, that I know of, doesn't require your name but requires a 'Current email' used to activate the email account and to recover it if username/password is ever lost. Weird, huh? I just bet there are people out there that register for a e-mail and give false info like a fake name and fake birthdate. LOL!!! Funny. I've read complaints about people who use Gmail. Said they were already signed up. But then Gmail started using date of birth. So, when they tried to give a fake one, they were flagged and had their account banned or something weird like that. This may sound a bit paranoidal and conspiracy minded. But I just wonder if sites that require birthdates, that those birthdates are somehow linked to a database that has access to actual state birth records. Hence, the birth date is used to match a full name to verify that the user is a real person or just someone providing false info. Which makes me wonder what e-mail provider the President is with.

By the way, do you ever get pop-up windows saying Internet Explorer is 'not responding' or has 'stopped working'? I am.
Stan and Kyle

Madison, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 9, 2012

When I erase I lose all topix contact responce. So I have to remember to go out and post something on each link to get back in the game.
anonymous california

Hillsboro, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 10, 2012

Stan and Kyle wrote:
When I erase I lose all topix contact responce. So I have to remember to go out and post something on each link to get back in the game.
So, it's like invasion of the post snatchers!

Link? You mean you have to go to each thread and make a new post? Well, there is this certain thread about the possibility of CA sinking into the ocean. LOL!!!

Hey S&K, I realized a possible remedy for your situation. How about trying this. Assuming you use Internet Explorer on Topix like me. Add topix.com to the 'Favorites List'. In the 'Delete Browsig History' section, make sure you have a checkmark on the box for 'Preserve Favorites website data'. That will allow you to keep cookies and temporary internet files for Topix. You can still delete other temporary, internet files, cookies, history, and whatnots. Also at the end of a Topix thread, have you noticed you can click on a thing to allow Topix to send you an email each time a thread is updated (posted on). Something to think about. HA!
Stan and Kyle

Madison, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 10, 2012

But I want to loose my cookies HA, so it is a bit of a problem.
anonymous california

Hillsboro, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 11, 2012

Judged:

Stan and Kyle wrote:
But I want to loose my cookies HA, so it is a bit of a problem.
Have you considered antacid or vomiting? Or maybe a good bowel movement? Perhaps a laxative may help. LOL!!!

And I can certainly understand why. When too many build up, they tend to slow things down. And then there's the dangerous kind that could be laced or stuffed with something malicious or spyware. And the tracking kind. Kind of like Spider-Man attaching one of his little tracker tracer thing on someone or something.

So, a website says they put a little cookie on the computer ONLY to allow our experience there to be 'remembered' so that we can be treated like a regular when we come back and mingle where we previously did. I guess any new movement that happens is also 'recorded'(stored) on the cookie. They say it has to be done to make it possible to use their sites. Then some say all this is done to collect preference information to pass along to advertisers. It's kinda like an experiment. We are kinda like subjects being observed.

I really don't see why they have to put cookies on computers in the first place, when they know they have to be cleaned off or too many could actually slow a machine down to the point of crashing. I guess they could be really doing it because they need to keep a tab on people in case they engage in bad behavior like stalking or harassing or death threats.

But, they can't put a cookie on us if we just don't visit their sites. But, that's not an option here. We HAVE to come to Topix. We CAN'T resist.

Here's an idea for the next generation type of cookies. If it is true that a site only puts one on us so that we can use the site. Then, there should be a way for a website to 'keep' that cookie and 'delete' it for us when we exit the website. Then when we go back to the website, we get a 'new' cookie that gets erased when we go off of the website. Make sense? The only downside with that would be if the web site really erases it or not. But then how would we get our post replys. Sounds like we're back to square one. I don't know.

Then there are even some called super cookies.

I have wondered how it works for a registered user of Topix. A green. The whole getting the post reply notification thing. I'm thinking that maybe for them it is like a magic cookie that only works while they are logged in to their account. So, when they are logged out. Grey. It would be a whole other cookie experience. It would make sense. Since, there are some things that only work for the greens. Like being able to send a message from one green to another. And leaderboards in those Topix games. By the way, on a side note. Don't worry. No cookie. LOL!!! I have noticed that some big cities have that Topix game going (points and color levels and crowns). Saw it on the Orlando, FL Forum. Surprised it hasn't made it's way over to the Los Angeles Forum and New York Forum. After all, those are the 2 biggest U.S. cities. But, I don't know how big they are when it comes to Topix users.

It all has the making of a great South Park episode. Picture it now. Something weird happens with computer cookies. Maybe the boys are online and somehow their cookies get crossed with other users' cookies. Maybe a terrorist or a predator somehow accidently exchanges cookies with Eric Cartman. You get it? Cartman's online activity mixed up with a bad guy's. And somehow the government gets invlved. Cartman a fugitive on the run to prove he is innocent. LOL!!! Cookies? Mr. Hankey could somehow be involved.

News said Romney was 'totally shocked' on Election night and couldn't believe that he lost. I'm happy that he bowed out gracefully instead of trying to contest the results. His concession speech was nice and noble too. Said now is not the time for partisan bickering and complaining but politicians need to work together fot the good of the country. Amen. Erase history and cookies? LOL!!!

I'm "anonymous california" and I approve this message.
nameless

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 12, 2012

lastoutlaw wrote:
Speaking of which, where have YOU been? Those milk cartons I put out - two sides with you and two sides with AC must've worked. At least, finding you. Now AC - billboards of Dell 4600i Pc's with smoke coming out of the USB ports haven't worked yet.
Seriously, I'm glad to know YOU are okay; now to find out about AC.
What happened to "Bureaucratic Mess"? He or is it she was our most eloquent critic of Jerry Brown and the other bureaucrats that have taxed us to death and given the money to our brain dead govt employees

Since: Jul 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 12, 2012

nameless wrote:
<quoted text>
What happened to "Bureaucratic Mess"? He or is it she was our most eloquent critic of Jerry Brown and the other bureaucrats that have taxed us to death and given the money to our brain dead govt employees
Good question. Where is he? Not just eloquent, but factual and passionate.
His (yes, I'm certain it's a 'he') is sorely missed - especially now.
anonymous california

Hillsboro, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 13, 2012

nameless wrote:
<quoted text>
lastoutlaw wrote:
<quoted text>Good question. Where is he? Not just eloquent, but factual and passionate.
His (yes, I'm certain it's a 'he') is sorely missed - especially now.
Was it before my time?
I seem to recall a poster by that name.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 13, 2012

anonymous california wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
Was it before my time?
Look back at some of the threads that had 'Union' as a subject line. You'll find him. You can't miss him.
And he knew what he was talking about. I learned a lot from his posts.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 13, 2012

anonymous california wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
Was it before my time?
Here's one thread where he was very active. Read it, post on it - perhaps he'll come back.
http://www.topix.com/forum/city/los-angeles-c...

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 5
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

7 Users are viewing the Beverly Hills Forum right now

Search the Beverly Hills Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
CA Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) 4 hr snodder 200,343
CA Jury reaches verdict in Oakland BART shooting t... (Jul '10) 4 hr snodder 2,252
easy jobs from home 16 hr $$$ 1
CA CA Proposition 23 - Global Warming (Oct '10) 23 hr Twilight sun 7,848
CA California Proposition 19: the Marijuana Legali... (Oct '10) 23 hr Facts facts 15,927
A girl waves a Mexican flag during rallies in L... (Mar '06) Jul 23 PEE PEE PETE 4,483
Taylor Swift's Secret Relationship Ends Because... Jul 23 boss hogg 7
•••
•••

Beverly Hills News Video

•••
•••

Beverly Hills Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Beverly Hills People Search