Did I hear something?
RING-RING!!!
anonymous california

Columbus, OH

#48 Mar 27, 2012
Stan and Kyle wrote:
<quoted text>
You LIVE ! What up Anonymous?
Still hanging in there. Even if it's by a thin thread.

Speaking of threads?!

Left a post on the 'Obama' thread. The Dell computer is gone. A guy said he could do electronic CPR on it but I bet he took it apart for parts. I would like to think that someone out there, in some way, could be benefiting by it or part of it and be enjoying the thrill of posting on the great topix.com ... maybe a first time poster having a wonderful experience.

Nice to see you and oulaw still on Topix.

Oh yeah! By the way, I visited the Madison, AL Forum today and left a post!!!:-O

Since: Jul 09

Location hidden

#50 Mar 27, 2012
anonymous california wrote:
<quoted text>
Still hanging in there. Even if it's by a thin thread.
Speaking of threads?!
Left a post on the 'Obama' thread. The Dell computer is gone. A guy said he could do electronic CPR on it but I bet he took it apart for parts. I would like to think that someone out there, in some way, could be benefiting by it or part of it and be enjoying the thrill of posting on the great topix.com ... maybe a first time poster having a wonderful experience.
Nice to see you and oulaw still on Topix.
Oh yeah! By the way, I visited the Madison, AL Forum today and left a post!!!:-O
Still here. Not as much as I used to be, but I'll turn up for a laugh or two.
anonymous california

Columbus, OH

#51 Mar 27, 2012
Stan and Kyle wrote:
<quoted text>
I just saw it. I dont visit the LA site very often. But imagine my surprise when I did and you were alive. I getting my car ready for the Indy Event in Birmingham.$530 later I am ready
All these posts about me still 'living'?! I'm beginning to feel you guys may be trying to get me knocked off or something??? Maybe my ISP troubles all tie into this somehow??? Trying to track me down??? I should've never posted on Topix??? You'll never take me alive!!! Oh wait. That's not right. I'm trying to stay alive, ain't I? Yeah, that's it. You'll never take me dead!!! Oh wait. That's not right either. Oh man. LOL!!!

anonymous california

Columbus, OH

#52 Mar 27, 2012
lastoutlaw wrote:
<quoted text>Still here. Not as much as I used to be, but I'll turn up for a laugh or two.
Yeah. I figure you are devoting more time to the campaign. Please give Ann my fine regards. Still looking forward to that big post debate on Topix between you and the other candidate(s). They won't stand a chance.

That Topix road trip still sound good someday maybe? You, S&K, me, and whoever else wants to go. And maybe a Topix cruise? You remember the idea ... we all meet on various forums and post the threads cross country ... cross world ... and maybe someday cross stars. We can do it!!!
anonymous california

Columbus, OH

#54 Mar 27, 2012
Stan and Kyle wrote:
We are just messing with you AC. Glad to see you still around and commenting. I like to be a smart ass.
Thannnnnks. Couldn't think of 2 better guys on this forum to be messed with by right now. At least you're not trying to be a dumb ass. Big difference. One posts from the mind. The other posts from the [BLEEP!] You guys are ALIVE!!! Look over your shoulder. And then look back again. It is 2012. HA!

Does that mean I can have my ISP location back? Or at least the name of a IP changer you can recommend that works on here ... for security purposes only? Honest. LOL!!! No, seriously. I need it.

Have a good one. Things could be worse. You could be here where I am. Funny, huh?

How about those Topix trips someday? You up for it in the future? We can do it!

Location hidden

#56 Mar 27, 2012
Stan X and Kyle X wrote:
Farrakhan is coming to my town. I am now Sat X in honor of Malcolm X..I have not seen Irving in 6 months. Hope he is OK.
You going to join the 'X' Factor?

Location hidden

#58 Mar 27, 2012
Stan X and Kyle X wrote:
Nope just radical Islam. Maybe it will piss off NY GAY.. I love to read your comments to him. What an idiot.
I gave up on him. You get dizzy going around in circles.
That's his problem. Me - I don't like 'dizzy' that much. Fun at the start, but then you get sick.
He want to vomit; he's welcome to it. I like my shoes clean.
anonymous california

Columbus, OH

#59 Mar 29, 2012
Stan X and Kyle X wrote:
Farrakhan is coming to my town. I am now Sat X in honor of Malcolm X..I have not seen Irving in 6 months. Hope he is OK.
[Not sure this post went through earlier. Apologies if it appears twice. Good thing I right-clicked mouse and temporiarily copied my
comment. Try to post again. Here we go.]

So U 2 (no, not the band U2 ... LOL!!!). Stan and Kyle (er, I mean Stan X and Kyle X OR Sat X???!!!) and lastoutlaw (er, should I add an 'X'... or maybe a 'XX' or maybe even a 'XXX'???). Oh. Is the 'X' out of respect for 'Muslims of X' in your community? Or maybe you are a Muslim yourself? Which is cool with me if you are. After all, we may be having a Mormon President soon. Freedom of Religion! Power to the people! Stanley X! Gee whiz! Whatever happened to rated G or PG or PG-13 or even R? Do we really have to go there? To the X's. How about just a NC-17? LOL!!! You guys crack me up. No offene to the great religion of Islam ... which was sadly (in the words of the great President George W. Bush)'hijacked by a handful of extremeists' on 9-11-2001. Man, I miss GWB. If only there had not been a 2 term limit!

Farrakhan coming to your town. If I remember correctly. Isn't he 'Malcom X"? Was a big movie starring famous Academy Award winning actor Denzel Washington. X became Muslim in prison. Called for a separation of the colors (races). Was against the 'white man's Jesus'. Now heads a big U.S. movement of Islam. Believes that a black race of space aliens will come to Earth and put African-Americans in their rightful position of rulership over mankind. Correct me if I'm wrong here on any of this. If I am ... I apologize to Muslims for my lack of understanding the facts. And what are you guys' feelings on the religion of Islam? And just what does the 'X' really stand for in regard to Islam? I know that there is the extreme view like the 9-11 terrorists had ... destroy the infidel Americans and be rewarded with paradise and virgins in Heaven. But there are those that are more peaceful in their beliefs. I have even heard that they subscribe to a holier lifestyle than that of Jews and Christians. They don't even drink coffee???!!! And I have heard the belief thst one day Muhammad and Jesus will pray as friends together. Wow!!!

So, U 2 don't frequent the 'City Of Angels' Forum much anymore, huh? Well, me neither. But for obvious reasons, which of course the 2 of U no all to well. The Computer Issues, that is. I went 'cold turkey' from Topix for 3 whole months this time. Not easy to do. After all, this place topix.com is awesome! Last year I went 'cold turkey' from Topix for 2 whole months. Don't know what'll happen next?! I'm still confused over why my location that shows in the grey box changed. Topix FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions) states that a poster's ISP (Internet Service Provider) location is what is supposed to show and states that ISP location may or may not be the poster's actual location. Anyone know what's up with that?

No Irving in 6 months. That doesn't sound good. Remember the dangerous 'Southern Tornadoes' that ripped through his location (Tennessee) and yours (Alabama) last year. And more devastation there this year ... even hitting mine (Ohio) bad this year. Hope he is okay. Someone may need to visit his 'location forum' and make a 'whereabouts' thread for him. Remember the one I made for you last year? And this one for me? Hopefully, we'll never have to worry about lastoutlaw gone missing (unposted for a long length of time).

Well, post you later ... hopefully.

And someday maybe I'll be green and not grey.
anonymous california

Columbus, OH

#61 Apr 3, 2012
Stan and Kyle wrote:
<quoted text>
I just saw it. I dont visit the LA site very often. But imagine my surprise when I did and you were alive. I getting my car ready for the Indy Event in Birmingham.$530 later I am ready
I don't visit it mush either. Due mainly to computer issues, as you know. I stayed off Topix 2 whole months last year and 3 whole months going into this year. Maybe more times than that? Hard to remember. Posting shell-shocked, I guess? HA! No offense to the great veterans who may -- or not -- be reading this.

The Madison, Alabama Forum? Went there again today. The thread I posted on ... the Crystal Butler one ... GONE. Then went to Huntsville, Alabama Forum and ... THERE it was. So, maybe I told you wrong on here. It may've been Huntsville I left the post on? Unless ... of course? Wherever I visit, posts and entire threads disappear! A conspiracy??? LOL!!!

Race update, please?

Hey, what's that?
5-4-3-2-1
:-O

BOOM!!!
anonymous california

Columbus, OH

#63 Apr 3, 2012
Stan and Kyle wrote:
It went fair, we had 70 cars on course. The rain held off until the last 15 minutes..So my plans were foiled. I wanted more rain. Then when it hit, it was to much and they let us run in dangerous conditions with only 15 minutes left in a 3 hour event.It was very distracting when driving in heavy rain and lightning popping all around the course. They should have red flagged but continued on. Sort of BS. But still good fun. I got a 25th out of 37 in class. Some times days are like this.
Foiled, huh?

Those weather conditions sound very dangerous. Glad we never lost you.

Ah, racing has improved much, has it not? Well, you could be riding upon a horse or as they once were called in older times ... steed. But then again. Horse jockeys still do? HA!

VROOOM!!! or GIDDY-UP!!! or better yet CHARGE!!!
anonymous california

Columbus, OH

#65 Apr 4, 2012
Stan and Kyle wrote:
<quoted text>
I was looking at Paul Newman championship winning Nissan 300 ZX. It was so cool touching it and getting inside of it. i was instantly horrified by what was considered safely just 20 years ago. I bitch an moan about the cost of cool shirts, HANS devices and interior safety nets, Electrical cut offs for crash workers and fire protection systems. His car safety systems were about on par with the 20 year old's on the street with a roll bar. All he had was a roll bar helmet and fire suit. It is so much safer. I worry at times if it is all an illusion of safety, it is to some level. It is as safe as you make it. I am not much of a risk taker. I am more calculating.
Paul Newman! I can see his smiling face in mind right now. Man, I've got a bad headache today. I get the kind that hurts in the ear, eye, and head. Ouch! The "Cool Hand Luke" movie. Remember the 'egg eating challenge'? Hey S&K, how many Easter eggs can you eat? The classic 'boss' lines. Great flick.

Man, this ISP thing has me mystifued somewhat. My post city changed last year. Probaly about the time yours did. Did you ever figure why you went from Huntsville to Madison?

By the way, my relative's computer was and her husband's is on the same ISP provider as the Dell was.
anonymous california

Columbus, OH

#68 Apr 5, 2012
Cole Ostamie wrote:
<quoted text>.
Yep, but it is a long answer. HA Take care of the headache. Get well soon.
Long answer on the post city change?
Can you try to educate me?

The headache. Gone. But was sick yesterday. Vomit galore. I kept drinking a lot of water for each vomit and trying to run it out of my system. Empty tummy (no foood), lot of water before each vomit. I didn't do what some do -- stick finger down throat to force a puke. I couldn't even keep chicken noodle soup down. Toast and a can of regular 7-UP (free promotional for them here -- HA!) was all that stayed down. Missed out on a nice meal. You like Mackerel fish out of the can? I think I am under too much stress here. And I kinda stress my ownself too. I know you didn't need to here that. Lucky me tonite. Good Pizza.
anonymous california

Columbus, OH

#70 Apr 6, 2012
Stan and Kyle wrote:
How do you like the name colostomy, ha. I found a site with dirty sounding name. Funny stuff.
Sounds familiar. I can't quite put a finger on it though. Have to do with a surgery operation?
anonymous california

Columbus, OH

#71 Apr 6, 2012
Stan and Kyle wrote:
There are static IP's and dedicated IP's. A dedicated one is always the same and you have to pay for it. We use static IP address. It changes Ip address depending on the load. The ones near your house seem the same, but are different every time. But they do show the city address correctly.
Hey. When I said I was under too much stress here. I didn't mean Topix. I meant where I "actually" am ... not the ISP city. HA! I was whining a little. Shame on me. Living conditions could be much better. But could be worse. Lucky I have a roof over my head. We live in the greatest country in the world. Sorry, America. God Bless the U.S.A. and I can see a image of the Statue Of Liberty in my mind right now. Torch held up high. Woo-Hoo! No doom and gloom for 2012. America, rise and shine. This is your finest hour. Can I hear an "Amen"?

Oh. Ain't it funny. When someone says "Oh" as an expression. "Oh" is also "Ohio"! OH! OH! OH! ;-)

So much for the good pizza!

You won't believe what happened to me last nite. At my aunt's. Not the one that went on the Alabama tornado 'mission' trip and that reminded me of Cher when I was a boy. A different one. Well, anyway. She 'warns' everybody not to hold the door open, especially with the screen door open. She has a beautiful black cat. Reminds me of a witch cat. A Halloween cat. You know that Friday the 13th saying about if a black cat crosses your path. Gorgeous. It's her whole world. She loses it, no one will be a happy camper. Calls her "Briscuit". Has a pretty patch of white fur on the neck. Lovely green eyes that at times look yellow. Can't find her in the dark. Blends in with the night. Oh, I'm talking about the cat, not my aunt. HA! Won't eat like a 'normal cat'. You know, like the craving for fish a 'normal' cat would have. She just wants her dry cat food and occasional cat food out of the can as a treat. Maybe some tuna once in a while out of a package ... I might be wrong on that one. Well, anyway. My aunt was outside in the front yard. A yell. So, I rushed to the door to see if she was okay. While holding the door open (I don't remember if I opened the screen ... it seems that it was already opened), the cat, and she is super fast, rushed out the door. I was scared to death. And ready to go on a cat search. And the difficult part, it was after dark already. Black cat, black sky, good luck! I felt like I was turning 'white' as a ghost. I literally felt as though the color was leaving my flesh and I was going pale. I had just recovered from being sick the day before. Luckily, her husband -- my uncle -- was home. Not the Pastor Uncle. The Pastor Uncle is the husband of the Aunt with the Dell discs and AL mission. Sorry to bore you with unneccasary details? Well. The uncle miracously got the cat back. Was by his truck. He has a 'way' with public relations regarding animal/human negotiations. HA! She said she wasn't holding it against me. But. I know if she would've lost that 'darn' cute cat (I like the cat ... I love animals) she would've probally held it against me 'till kingdom come. Anyway. Ate pizza. Was good. But I was still shook up!

The IP thing? Static is the internet service that all of us use? So, sometimes (even if only about once a year) our post city location can show differenty on here at Topix maybe due to the load of traffic from internet users? The load ... too much traffic at the time? So, that throws us to a different location? I know when the change happened for me. With the Dell desktop, Grove City was in my Topix posts before it crashed. Posts became Hillsboro on my relative's HP laptop before it crashed. Still Hillsboro on her husband's laptop. I wonder if having the computer plugged directly into the 'modem' or 'router' thing (I am no expert) has something too do with it. The Dell was plugged in. The laptops wireless.
anonymous california

Columbus, OH

#73 Apr 6, 2012
Stan and Kyle wrote:
It depends on the house location as to the closest server. But generally the same city name. But the IP is sometimes different. Thats why people who get banned can get back on in a few days or weeks. I am over simplifying because I am a Tard at heart. I fixed up an old car and gave it away today. Weird helping the working poor. I felt like I was letting my kid go out for their first drive. On of my babies is on the highway.
Man, you have a good heart to do that with a old car. I highly respect your love for the "machines". When, and if, they (the machines) take over the world I'm sure they'll repay your dedication.
anonymous california

Columbus, OH

#75 Apr 7, 2012
Stan and Kyle wrote:
I doubt it. Sometimes the Machines try to kill me.
HA. I warn my kid when he borrows the fast cars.. "Don't be stupid. This car Will Kill You!" I have not owned many cars that I worry about that. But one of mine really will kill you butt if you don't respect it and drive it with discipline. Time to load up the convertible and go to the free concert series downtown.. Fun and cheap I am.
Fast cars will kill you? But there you are. ALIVE!!! he-he.

Speaking of the cars. Herbie the Love Bug. Car #53. Little Volkswagon. Beatle bug car. I loved that movie. Dean Jones. Buddy Hackett (I think that was his name. Now, if you ever come across a car like Herbie, you'll have a friend indeed.

Free concerts series. Part of the Easter celebration? You got it goin' on. You really live the life.

I gotta look back on what you was telling me about the ISP thing. Try to grasp it. Oh (Ohio!) great internet location master that you are!
anonymous california

Columbus, OH

#76 Apr 7, 2012
I do hereby nominate lastoutlaw for President ...

http://www.topix.com/forum/city/los-angeles-c...
ac INCOGNITO

Columbus, OH

#78 May 20, 2012
WOW!!!

Guys, this thread really did go "incognito". After I posted, it went to the top of the Forum list. Which as you know is what happens when a poster posts on a thread. But then, it mysteriously disappeared and went into hiding a little bit later!

Maybe it was my "..."? Or ...???!!!

Oh well. I'm incognito for the time being. Top Secret Posting!

anonymous california

Columbus, OH

#79 Jun 12, 2012
Hey Stan and Kyle,

Looks like our IP/ISP post talks are missing from this thread?!
lastoutlaw!!!
LOL!!!

Was doing some web searching about how THEY (websites) know where we are located and accidently came across what may be how to change ISP city.

Check this out. Commenter on webpage said open Internet Explorer, click 'Internet Options', click 'Connections Tab', click 'LAN Settings', and then change the proxy and its Port. Even gave a site for getting free proxies. Wanna know the site? Just ask. I still don't know much about proxies and ports or any of this. But what do you think? Does it really work or will it WIPE OUT the surfer?!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Beverly Hills Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 9 hr stupid republicans 20,391
Review: Fox Moving & Storage, LLC (Sep '15) 15 hr TommyCStatt 51
Kim Zolciak's Got Her A Set of D*ck S*cker lips! 20 hr Another Jew 1
Beverly Hills Plastic Surgeon Jul 22 Bad Result 1
Michael J. Fox Peforms with Coldplay at MetLife... Jul 18 rcu0610 1
Beverly Hills Police Please Read This (Apr '15) Jul 1 Back at ya 12
Votes for Micalyn Jun 27 Shelia Addair 1

Beverly Hills Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Beverly Hills Mortgages