Graffiti costing LA millions

Graffiti costing LA millions

There are 116 comments on the LA Daily News story from Jun 23, 2010, titled Graffiti costing LA millions. In it, LA Daily News reports that:

Named as defendants in a city injunction are the MTA tagging crew , which is named as an organization, and ten known adult members of the MTA tagging crew.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at LA Daily News.

Not in LA Anymore

Pinson, AL

#21 Jun 24, 2010
This is what idiots who have no respect for them self or others do,just like a dog,spraying everywhere with no regard.LOSERS!!! Cut off their hands,see how much they can destroy.
Shawn H

Victorville, CA

#22 Jun 24, 2010
Please allow the citizens to shoot taggers on sight. See them tagging the freeway walls, sideswipe them. See them tagging overpasses or billboards, make it a contest to see how few shots it takes you to knock them to the freeway. I would love to see every tagger killed. It would just make my day.
Anamouse

Redondo Beach, CA

#23 Jun 24, 2010
I think we should follow Singapore's example and cane them when we catch them.

No more tax payer funded "summer camp" style incarceration facilities where they can brag about their exploits and leave with a few tatto souviners, all buffed out because they just spent a few months working out.

Put them in a long line and then take one at a time randomly from the line, and cane them right in front of all the others. Make them scream, and throw salt water on them before they drag them away. Put it all on TV for all their friends and family to see.

Then throw them back out on the street, still far too sore to even be able to sit down without wincing. Let their friends see how brave they are.

That would waste a minimum of tax money and be an experience that none of them would want to go though again.

Hardly what we do right now, since most kids that have been caught before have so little respect or fear of getting caught again that they usually do get caught again.
Opinion

Los Angeles, CA

#24 Jun 24, 2010
With the financial mess this city is in, I find it hard to justify the spending of millions to remove graffiti from places like the L.A. River. The Riverbed is a s**t hole and the newly cleaned embankment will be covered once again with graffiti in a few weeks. I believe we are entirely too soft on vandalism. No more misdemeanor charges. Any vandalism/tagging done to promote a criminal enterprise, street gang or tagging crew needs to result in a first offence felony. The age limit requirement for spray paint should be raised to 21 y/o. Any businesses found selling spray paint to underage individuals should face heavy fines by the city or state. The same goes for people supplying paint underage individuals.
The Los Angeles Office of Community Beautification should focus its attention on removing graffiti from homes, businesses, and areas that matter, not giant sewers like the LA river.
randy

Northridge, CA

#25 Jun 24, 2010
The best thing to do with taggers when they get caught is chop out their index finger. If they get caught again, cut off the next finger. This way it will send a message that graffiti is not cool and there is a price to pay for it.
If you see a person tagging you can shot him on site, and get a $50.00 reward for it, and all the possesions of the parents home, It is time to make a stand, a hard stand agaist deface property, Cut off their fingers!!!!!!!!
Sam

Los Angeles, CA

#26 Jun 24, 2010
redpandabear wrote:
well graffiti may cost million but city council cost us billions,,,
They grow up tagging then become a mayor.
American

Los Angeles, CA

#27 Jun 24, 2010
Stupid LA, Stupid Claif. You let all this SCUM into our country. Maybe Arnold and CRAP-Donkey Obama can tax us more and say. "We need this $ to clean up". I hate you !
Money Maker

Los Angeles, CA

#28 Jun 24, 2010
Sell hunting permits for taggers. Probably raise enough money to fix the state's budget.
old guy

Agoura Hills, CA

#29 Jun 24, 2010
TOO F"ing bad years ago the city called it ART so leave in it...because of who does it the city will do NOTHING about it.....make the animals that do it paint over it and make them BUY the paint....nope won't do that either..SO LIVE IN YOUR mexiwhore BS...
old guy

Agoura Hills, CA

#30 Jun 24, 2010
Anamouse wrote:
I think we should follow Singapore's example and cane them when we catch them.
No more tax payer funded "summer camp" style incarceration facilities where they can brag about their exploits and leave with a few tatto souviners, all buffed out because they just spent a few months working out.
Put them in a long line and then take one at a time randomly from the line, and cane them right in front of all the others. Make them scream, and throw salt water on them before they drag them away. Put it all on TV for all their friends and family to see.
Then throw them back out on the street, still far too sore to even be able to sit down without wincing. Let their friends see how brave they are.
That would waste a minimum of tax money and be an experience that none of them would want to go though again.
Hardly what we do right now, since most kids that have been caught before have so little respect or fear of getting caught again that they usually do get caught again.
I am with you after living in Singapore for years it is clean and safe and maybe that is why I married one and am moving back ther to retire from this shithole...canny works..so does hanging
Anamouse

Redondo Beach, CA

#31 Jun 24, 2010
Money Maker wrote:
Sell hunting permits for taggers. Probably raise enough money to fix the state's budget.
Sell permits????

Heck I'd offer bounties.

Usually people have to bring in a piece of the animal they kill in order to clam the bounty.

What part of a tagger do you think they should collect?

I think perhaps the brain would do. Their brains are very small so they would be easy to collect, but then again some might not have one.
USA

Canyon Country, CA

#32 Jun 24, 2010
L.A. and CA are both ran by liberal (p)wussies who wont crack down on these clowns, plus the ACLU is involved - tagging will never ever end in CA.
TRUTH

La Quinta, CA

#33 Jun 24, 2010
NO Pride of ownership or country. That is the problem. These morons have been given welfare checks or stolen things their whole life. They do not know what it is like to have pride in anything.

Brake their hands, cane them, parade them down mainstreet as losers.
You want graffiti head towards the city. You don't see it where people own the property.

Close the border and start hanging murderers and rapists and gangbangers. IT will all stop fast.
Incorrect Info

Los Angeles, CA

#34 Jun 24, 2010
The City does not have jurisdiction over the L.A. River. They only remove graffiti from public property (i.e. traffic control boxes, signs, etc.) and private property visible from the street. Everything else belongs to either Caltrans, L.A. County, Army Corps of Engineers, etc. The City also has a reward program in place for arresting and prosecuting these vandals. Check out www.laocb.org .
randy

Northridge, CA

#35 Jun 24, 2010
If you look at the statics of taggers 92% at Mexicians. These are people who have no sense of direction, no respect for themselves or other peoples property. They live like they still in Mexico. If the are not spraying the can, they are snorting the fumes.
These people are the blighe of our society, and this is why Arizona wants to close its border, no more trash. I have done over a thousand raids on taggers homes, the parents don't care the the kid's room is all hit up. Heck in some intenteses the whole inside of the house was hit up, the apartment was hit up.
These people live like cockaroaches, they only come out at nite. I advised CAL-TRANS, to put cow waste, where they hit up along the highway, they said they could not do it because of the smell to the area. I told them, the taggers, would smell it and they will track the crap home.
Stop the insainity, make them pay, send them to hell!
Antonio

Torrance, CA

#36 Jun 24, 2010
$$$ from red light cameras will pay for it
Bonesaw

Riverside, CA

#37 Jun 24, 2010
Ah.. The Latino Culture is wonderfull isn't it. Most (not all) Graffiti is done by Latinos. i see a lot of it on thier favorite places, trash cans and toilets. and they are too stupid to realize how foolish and stupid it looks.
truth

Los Angeles, CA

#38 Jun 24, 2010
fk the bearnz and their beanz babies who do this crap in repayment for all the Medi-Cal, and welfare we pay from out taxes. A good beanr is a dead one. fk mexicans.

“Be the change you want to see!”

Since: Dec 08

United States

#39 Jun 24, 2010
Well.......DUH!!
Bonesaw

Riverside, CA

#40 Jun 24, 2010
When they catch the perps do they put them on a graffiti clean up crew?? they should and anytime they find gang graffiti send the bill to the gang.lol they need to start making the punishment more severe

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Beverly Hills Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Police Job is to Establish Order and Stop Threa... 2 hr Don FEDucci 2
News Justin Bieber`s life turned into a comic book (Jul '10) 4 hr Justin Beerfart 10
Golden Valley High School 5 hr Don FEDucci 2
Review: Diamond Forever Jewelry 23 hr star 5
News 6 Hospitalized After Mysterious Odor Hits Mira ... Sun Jim 1
News At the mercy of the climate jihadists Sun Big O Mona 22
News Sweet Painting Lady: Ciara McAvoy Resurrects th... May 28 Marvin 1
More from around the web

Beverly Hills People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]