KFI newcomer Carroll needs to do his homework

Full story: Pasadena Star-News

Bill Carroll made his "unanticipated" KFI debut last Monday, replacing Bill Handel in the noon to 2p.m. shift.

Comments (Page 3)

Showing posts 41 - 60 of62
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
kurt glenn

Sherman Oaks, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 18, 2011

Judged:

I recently left my temp job at KFI for greener pastures and during my time there, I used to see how disgusting Carroll was and how other employees would react to him.
He had a filthy habit of always scracting his crotch (sticking his hand under his underwear) to relieve an itch. Then he would either lick his fingers to turn a page or he would grab some chips or candy from a community snack bowl. Guys and gals would just go "ick' and turn away, Carroll would then say, "What?!"
He'd also would smell of old cheese or sour milk. No idea at all why he would smell that way.
Indian People

Mission Viejo, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 18, 2011

kurt glenn wrote:
I recently left my temp job at KFI for greener pastures and during my time there, I used to see how disgusting Carroll was and how other employees would react to him.
He had a filthy habit of always scracting his crotch (sticking his hand under his underwear) to relieve an itch. Then he would either lick his fingers to turn a page or he would grab some chips or candy from a community snack bowl. Guys and gals would just go "ick' and turn away, Carroll would then say, "What?!"
He'd also would smell of old cheese or sour milk. No idea at all why he would smell that way.
I smell a rat.
Gloria Gallegos

Orange, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 18, 2011

Judged:

Hi there, my brother and i really enjoy Bill. I hope they keep him on. He is very funny and he is a family man. Please keep him on.
Marge Toronto Canada

Woodbridge, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 31, 2011

Judged:

No! Please keep Bill Carroll in LA! Everyone in my family loathed him when he was on the radio in Toronto and for all the same reasons people in LA seem to dislike him...blowhard, egotistical, unfunny, uninteresting, telling audience what a babe his wife is, speaking in such glowing terms about French Canadians, constantly relating everything to himself, repeating the same stories about himself and his family...and we're Conservatives. He is still on his old radio station in Toronto everyday for about 5 minutes. When the host of the Toronto show he guests on congratulated Bill on getting an extra hour of airtime each day I doubted that it was because he was just such a success with the audience in LA that they had to give him an extra hour. The host (in Toronto) is constantly asking Bill his opinion of anything and everything that is happening in the States. I lived in the States for years and know that it takes ages to know and understand (if it is even possible) Americans. Typical of Bill to fancy himself qualified to give a legitimate opinion after living there for such a short period of time. He's yours now....please keep him!
Jenny

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 1, 2011

Judged:

Marge Toronto Canada wrote:
No! Please keep Bill Carroll in LA! Everyone in my family loathed him when he was on the radio in Toronto and for all the same reasons people in LA seem to dislike him...blowhard, egotistical, unfunny, uninteresting, telling audience what a babe his wife is, speaking in such glowing terms about French Canadians, constantly relating everything to himself, repeating the same stories about himself and his family...and we're Conservatives. He is still on his old radio station in Toronto everyday for about 5 minutes. When the host of the Toronto show he guests on congratulated Bill on getting an extra hour of airtime each day I doubted that it was because he was just such a success with the audience in LA that they had to give him an extra hour. The host (in Toronto) is constantly asking Bill his opinion of anything and everything that is happening in the States. I lived in the States for years and know that it takes ages to know and understand (if it is even possible) Americans. Typical of Bill to fancy himself qualified to give a legitimate opinion after living there for such a short period of time. He's yours now....please keep him!
Hey!! We don't want your trash here in Los Angeles. Please take back your red-headed piece o' Bill-shyttt and his fkkd up c.unnt wife. Thank you.
Cindy

Temecula, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 1, 2011

Judged:

Bill Carroll is the worst host on KFI. I don't know why then haven't got rid of him. Boring and no personality! He just reads a little information off the internet & thinks he's an expert. He has an attitude that he thinks he is better than everyone else. They need to get rid of Chris Lane too and replace her with Terry Rae. KFI sucks lately. Only a couple decent talk shows to listen to. I'm done listening to Bill Carroll. Hope someone from KFI is reading all these posts and gets rid of him. Won't listen another day!
Janice

Altadena, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 2, 2011

Judged:

His ''wife'' is a French woman with hairy armpits.
She must have his nuts in a bag and carries them around with her each day.
Marge Toronto Canada

Woodbridge, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 2, 2011

Judged:

His wife is French-Canadian which is decidedly different than being French.
Brownie Q

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 8, 2011

That Bill Carroll dude looks like some kind of girlie-man Dr Seuss character on his KFI home page. His wife must be be the male figure in their marriage. (now I know why Bill says he likes being on the bottom when they bone)
Bill Carroll AOK

Alhambra, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 8, 2011

Judged:

Love the show. Keep it up Bill. Reject this NPR haters.
Bill Carroll AOK

Alhambra, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 8, 2011

Judged:

( I mean they are NPR listeners)
Lenore

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 9, 2011

Judged:

henry krenza wrote:
Bill Carroll is definitely the weakest link in the entire KFI lineup. The station really blew it when they hired on that a.s.shole no talent bag of wind. I can't wait until KFI lets him go after his contract expires.
Ouch!!
(but I agree 100%!!)

- Lenore
maniakBadra

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 24, 2011

Judged:

I am no leftie. Not even a centerist. Definitely right of center. ANd I cannot stand this bag of gas. It has nothing to do with being lib or conservative... good is good and boring is boring ion any ideology. And BC is BORING, UNINTERESTING and so full of himself that anyone can see this untalented blowhard needs to go back to Canadia.

I caught his show the other day, first time in months (was not in my car). BC had the nerve to call his listener stupid an a liar. Great way to keep the listeners d!ckhead.
Anti-Ed

Salt Lake City, UT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 24, 2011

Judged:

Ed Solis wrote:
Kids from one of the worst schools in the pathetic LAUSD skipped school today at the bequest of the Teachers Union and marched on City Hall. Seems that parents and citizens in LA are too cowardly to expect any sort of decent behavior from Illegals and their spawn.
Once again, the Union makes fools and chumps of us all.
Ed- your two posts show you to be a hack... follow the party line and support anyone who claims to be conservative, oppose with vitriol anyone on the other side. The above post does NOTHING to contribute to the topic at hand: that Carroll is a boring idiot over infatuated with his own voice.
Whether the LAUSD Union is too strong is neither here nor there in this discussion, and you add nothing with these off topic and inane posts.
It is quite possible (not for Ed, I think) to agree with someone politically yet criticize their performance. Such ic the case against Bill Carroll. One does not need to be a:
Ed Solis wrote:
cruel, ill bred Calif. variety of Democrats who don't want the truth revealed about what the Unions and the Illegals have done to the once proud and prosperous State of California
to see that Carroll is ill-informed, boring, unintelligent and unentertaining. Even conservatives can tell an untalented hack from a good performer. Carroll is a hack, and that is being kind. But don't accuse me of being a 'liberal' or a 'democrat' because I don't like him, it just means I not ruled by party affiliation...
Oh, and yes, Bill Carroll is an idiot, and proves it every day on KFI. The Bill Carroll Show sucks hard
Bill Carroll is Terrible

Saint Paul, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 18, 2011

Judged:

It's gotten so bad, that when I hear his commercial spots I change the station now. I've sort of figured it out, his mouth moves faster than his brain. Whatever premise he posits, his brain never quite catches up with all the filler words he constantly blabbers.

His analysis is boring because it is repetitive. It is repetive because Bill Carroll is a tard. Take topic X, insert it into the brain of Bill Carroll, and his mouth just starts moving with very little connection to the actual topic at hand. He throws in a bunch of "come ons" and "you have to" or "you can't do that" blanket and patronizing imperatives, a couple of mentions of his boring family life, or his, I'm sure, exaggerated pre-married life, that again have no relation to the topic, and voila, 10 minutes of fill time until the next segment.

I listened to him yesterday at lunch because sometimes I hate myself. He had an article from Forbes where the thesis stated women in their 30's were more stressed than their male counter-parts and less likely to be promoted because males of the same age group were more likely to relax throughout the day and were therfore more productive.

At the same time Bill 1). Disagreed with the premise of the article ("I don't believe it); 2). Called the entire "millenial" generation a bunch of lazy whiners (On what, the authority of the article you stated you didn't believe?); 3). And conjectured a counter opinion raising the issue of biology and child-birth.

Disagreeing with and conceiving a counter hypothesis is great. But Bill time and time again went back to calling every person younger than him lazy and entitled. The whole segment was another typical disjointed mess and actually more insulitng than usual.(I am a male in my early 30's in a very middle class 8-5 corporate job. Yes I was insulted).

When he first came aboard KFI I felt sorry for him when he would do the AM hits with Bill Handle to preview his show. Handle was so dismissive of him. Well, Handle had it right. This guy is a hack. He is lazy (as others have mentioned about his show prep), and he is an un-funny, flat out A-Hole. I hate it when he covers the AM show. Some people get away with acting like the jerk; Handle is a great example. Handle pulls it off. People who can't, because the depth of their persona goes no deeper than that, need to be thrown out like the trash they are.
Tony

Salinas, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 14, 2011

Judged:

I was listened to Carroll for a couple months and finally had to find find another show to listen to on the net, Dennis Miller is on 1200-3PM on AM 1590 KLEF. I though maybe BC would grow on me but he has the opposite effect! I can't stand the sound of his voice!

I finally had to check and see if BC was going to have his contract renewed or hopefully be given his pink slip. That's how I wound up here. Like most people I can not stand his style and the longer I listen then more annoyed I become. Why can't they give Wayne Resnick that slot.

Like every one else I can't find it in myself to care what his opinion is on a topic, but that's how he usually starts "Blah blah did blah blah, I will tell you what I think about that next" or he has guests on and interrupts them, one time I heard him say "I thought this was my show" when a guest didn't hear him try to interrupt, due to a crappy phone system.

He also teases a topic, teases a topic, then talks about it for a couple minutes, then it's on to the news. I also got sick of him talking about his wife, I don't like talking bad about someone's spouse, but I guess the people telling him she is good looking are not adding "for some one who looks like you, Bill"

I guess my reason for writing this is to hopefully have KFI make a change and then I won't have to change stations.
Jeff

Toronto, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2013

Dear God, no, he is having a show on back in Canada. Can't he find work on a station in say Texas? He's so uneducated that he had to make a living
purely on complaining and fake outrage. He's been faking being smart for so long I think he believes it. Surprised he didn't get fired yet - i'm sure there are much better conservative, educated, American hosts the station could hire.
TOMBOY

Baldwin Park, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

Judged:

I just hate this SOB. He always comes across as an immigrant to me (and he is, I believe he comes from scotland) and as a total whimp, yet he is very conservative on many social issues.

Being a son of an immigrant, I take issue to the way he talks against other immigrants, but more specific hispanic immigrants. He is a damn racist. He believes he is the only one entitled to come to this country. From what I heard not only he believes he is entitled but he and his family (including his parents) like to milk the system.

His female buddy on the show agrees to everything he says. she never says "you're wrong"

He's very arrogant and acts like he's lived in the US his entire life.

hate him hate him hate him.
Seth Adams

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

Judged:

ANDREA wrote:
eVERYDAY THAT I LISTEN TO THIS BORING,UNEDUCATED,AND FAKE BILL CARROLL, I JUST WANT TO SPIT. YOU KNOW ITS AMAZING HOW SOME PEOPLE FEEL BECAUSE THEY ARE WHITE THEY ARE NATURALLY BETTER THAN SOMEONE. NOW HE IS FROM CANADA. so does that mean him and his wife,and his children are illegals? he was talking about mexicans and making remarks about too bad your illegal parents brought you over here. or calling them anchor babies. you know, I am suprised that Latino and immigrant groups didn't jump on this long time ago. He has the nerve to talk about our schools, our leaders, our neighborhoods,(once talking and joking about how he took the wrong turn on the freeway and didn't want to end up in south central. And when him and that trailer trash Shannon Ferren were joking about taking a gang bus tour. Her uneducated trailer ass would pay $100 to take a tour of a community and joke and make jokes about violence andstereotypes about a whole group of people. So what do you think would happen if Steve Harvey would joke about 'I dont want to go jogging inthe park down in Rancho San Diego, little white girls getting pulled down and popped left and right.' You stupid parents told your daughter not to run in the morning by herself and she did, well I guess she got what she deserves , she won't be taking no more early morning runs ,now will she?' Can you imagine the outrage over that remark? But he's too classy and iontelligent to do that. But not these Rush Limbaugh wannabees
I am surprised that an honest man like Carroll is allowed air time in a broken, bankrupt, illegal and gang infested Dump which is on the verge of Pension Bankrutpcy?

We need far left of Castro radio people who would make our unprecedented FAILURE to elect QUALITY appear to be in the name of "social justice". L.A. is more comfortable with Media like the Times and the Daily News who don't remind us that we are pathetic excuses for citizens and parents.
claudia

San Marcos, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 11, 2013

Love KF- but very unhappy with Bill Carroll who I thin is boring They would be much better off with WayneREick- orH andel- but I don't thnk either one of them wants toput I that many hours . the
reason they haven't gotten rid of him by now is surely due to a contract - he probably has a unbreakable contract for a few years.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 41 - 60 of62
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

5 Users are viewing the Beverly Hills Forum right now

Search the Beverly Hills Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Jury reaches verdict in Oakland BART shooting t... (Jul '10) 4 min Ronald 2,251
American Jews, other 'lone soldiers' serve Israel 25 min Eleanor 3
The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 1 hr bee 6335 18,566
Donald Sterling and Steve Ballmer Meet for the ... 2 hr Mr Magoo 1
Cops and Courts: July 22, 2014: Fair Avenue flo... 8 hr ANON 1
Is this Lindsay Lohan's last shot? (Aug '13) 9 hr Big mike 10
Cut Above Casting the Most Abusive Casting Serv... (Dec '12) 12 hr Lisa Marquis - the owner 7
•••
•••

Beverly Hills News Video

•••
•••

Beverly Hills Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Beverly Hills People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE