KFI newcomer Carroll needs to do his homework

Bill Carroll made his "unanticipated" KFI debut last Monday, replacing Bill Handel in the noon to 2p.m. shift. Full Story
First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Valley Cynic

Burbank, CA

#1 Mar 1, 2010
You could say the same things about KABC's Peter Tilden who replaced the funny, clever, provocative and always interesting Doug McIntyre.

Huge mistake on the part of KABC. Tilden is bland, uncontroversial and just plain boring. They only time Tilden was good was when he was teamed Ken Minyard on KABC's morning drive time before Ken retired.
Live better Work

Duarte, CA

#2 Mar 1, 2010
I miss Phil Hendry from KFI from about 5 plus years ago. I liked how he had a guest on but it was really himself; he did both voices (guest/interviewer/male/female ). The guests were usually very silly like a racist mother who believed her kid`s school should have only White students or that women from a certain city were very low class. His phone would light up with angry callers wanting to slam the faux guest thinking it was a real person. It was hilarious. He wouldnt let on that it was fake and the stupid callers were too dumb to know they were being goofed on.

I think Phil Hendry went on to do cartoon voice work for shows like Futurama and cartoon movies.
check it out

Los Angeles, CA

#4 Mar 2, 2010
I hear Phil Henrie late at night on a Las Vegas station, still doing the same thing. If you position the radio just right, you can hear him on 720 am from 10 pm to midnite weeknites. (That sports station is on 710, so you have to move your radio around a bit to reduce the interference on 720.)
Dr Steve Brule

Los Angeles, CA

#5 Mar 2, 2010
He is on in the Los Angeles area on AM 1150 from 1000pm to 300am.
check it out

Los Angeles, CA

#6 Mar 3, 2010
Thanks! I will check it out.
travel

Redondo Beach, CA

#7 Mar 8, 2010
I have tried to listen to Bill Carroll since he came on. Can't. He has no credibility with me. For instance I just heard him say something about being very angry about a topic. My response was, "who cares if you are angry/" He doesn't seem to have much "real" information. He just parrots whatever else he hears.

I hope he didn't sell his home in Toronto.
Got it now

AOL

#8 Mar 8, 2010
Valley Cynic wrote:
You could say the same things about KABC's Peter Tilden who replaced the funny, clever, provocative and always interesting Doug McIntyre.
Huge mistake on the part of KABC. Tilden is bland, uncontroversial and just plain boring. They only time Tilden was good was when he was teamed Ken Minyard on KABC's morning drive time before Ken retired.
Is this you Penny??? Who else would think Doug was funny, clever, provocative and interesting but his wife....that is besides Doug himself
Frank Sestito

Toronto, Canada

#9 Mar 16, 2010
When listening to Bill Carroll on 640 kfi he does not sound that he is now living in a different country with a different history. I find it difficult to believe that someone can transplant themselves in the United States and the very next day take on the burning issues without coming across as disengenuos. Then again Talk Radio Is to entertain and not stimulate in depth analysis of any given topic. That's why Rush Limbaugh, Hannity, and Glen Beck have a mass following. Remember sheep do not think they follow.
whit

Los Angeles, CA

#10 Mar 19, 2010
Can't add Comment on Daily Breeze

www.dailybreeze.com/ci_14703609...
Bill Carroll snooze fest

San Diego, CA

#11 Apr 20, 2010
I have been listening to KFI for 5yrs, unfortunately they struck out on this one, Bill Carroll is the most boring host yet - hate to say, they should double the pay for Bryan Suits to come back, and get him in that time slot, I would tune in every day - or bring back Dr Laura, or re-run something, anything ...
this happens alot

Los Angeles, CA

#12 Apr 20, 2010
Bill Carroll snooze fest wrote:
I have been listening to KFI for 5yrs, unfortunately they struck out on this one, Bill Carroll is the most boring host yet - hate to say, they should double the pay for Bryan Suits to come back, and get him in that time slot, I would tune in every day - or bring back Dr Laura, or re-run something, anything ...
no dont bring Dr laura back EVAR
ANDREA

Los Angeles, CA

#13 Oct 8, 2010
eVERYDAY THAT I LISTEN TO THIS BORING,UNEDUCATED,AND FAKE BILL CARROLL, I JUST WANT TO SPIT. YOU KNOW ITS AMAZING HOW SOME PEOPLE FEEL BECAUSE THEY ARE WHITE THEY ARE NATURALLY BETTER THAN SOMEONE. NOW HE IS FROM CANADA. so does that mean him and his wife,and his children are illegals? he was talking about mexicans and making remarks about too bad your illegal parents brought you over here. or calling them anchor babies. you know, I am suprised that Latino and immigrant groups didn't jump on this long time ago. He has the nerve to talk about our schools, our leaders, our neighborhoods,(once talking and joking about how he took the wrong turn on the freeway and didn't want to end up in south central. And when him and that trailer trash Shannon Ferren were joking about taking a gang bus tour. Her uneducated trailer ass would pay $100 to take a tour of a community and joke and make jokes about violence andstereotypes about a whole group of people. So what do you think would happen if Steve Harvey would joke about 'I dont want to go jogging inthe park down in Rancho San Diego, little white girls getting pulled down and popped left and right.' You stupid parents told your daughter not to run in the morning by herself and she did, well I guess she got what she deserves , she won't be taking no more early morning runs ,now will she?' Can you imagine the outrage over that remark? But he's too classy and iontelligent to do that. But not these Rush Limbaugh wannabees
travel

AOL

#14 Oct 20, 2010
OK - I have been listening off and on since he got here. It is way too painful. He comes from Canada and is immediately an expert on everying U.S., California, and Los Angeles. He becomes "outraged" over things he knows nothing about. And he is boring while being outraged. Please anyone but him!
Bif larson

San Fernando, CA

#15 Oct 25, 2010
The "Carroll" show is the right up there among the most boring and uninteresting hosts that KFI has ever hired.

About Carroll, not only are his topics uninteresting, but he has one of the most annoying voices I have ever heard, it goes up and down and up and down, up and down. Never heard that much annoying whining tone from one human, all about nothing at all. I can never relate to anything he
says either, like he comes from a different culture.

I can think of a few hosts that are just as bad though, namely KENNEDY, FROSTy STILLWATER, "CAPTAIN DALE" and the worst host of all was perhaps J. ZIEGLAR. What was KFI management thinking to hire any of these people? Jezz....

KFI is a good station, but they need to select
talent more carefully.

regards,
Scrub Hansen

Fountain Valley, CA

#16 Nov 11, 2010
Today, I'm listening to the story about finding the body of a 11 month missing person....Why is it that the LAPD releases prisioners at 1:00am with no money or even allow a phone call.???? Maybe someone should as this obvious question???????
Scrub Hansen

Fountain Valley, CA

#17 Nov 11, 2010
Today, I'm listening to the story about finding the body of a 11 month missing person....Why is it that the LAPD releases prisioners at 1:00am with no money or even allow a phone call.???? Maybe someone should as this obvious question??????? the shift change of the cops should never be the status quoe.....
k nuland oshawa on canada

Oshawa, Canada

#18 Nov 24, 2010
Bill Carroll is not as bad as everybody seems to think. He was on newstalk 1010 toronto relieving for one of their hosts so he could go to his mothers funeral. He has been doing that for the past three days. I found that he is to far right for me but I still enjoyed listening to him. Perhaps he isn't far right enough for an American audience. Bill is a devoted family man,who cares deeply for friends and family. I just hope that he will be given a fair chance. If not I hope he ends up back up here where he belongs.
Hunter

Riverside, CA

#19 Jan 14, 2011
KFI is fascist radio.
Marc

Toronto, Canada

#21 Jan 14, 2011
We call him DUHHHLLL Carroll around my office. We think he's on his way out. We can only hope, right?
cyberdna

Santa Monica, CA

#22 Feb 14, 2011
Live better Work wrote:
I miss Phil Hendry from KFI from about 5 plus years ago. I liked how he had a guest on but it was really himself; he did both voices (guest/interviewer/male/female ).
He's back. Same old sthick. Strange thing is I was trying to explain him to my wife a week ago.(she never heard of him, lucky her) and a few days later (saturday evening) we are driving and I hit the KFI button and there he was. He was "interviewing" one of his "sponsors" the strak house guy I think and a lady from orange county calls in. AND YOU ALL KNOW THE REST OF HIS ACT.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Beverly Hills Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 3 min UnderstandPeople 19,366
What is with all the Armenians in NOHO (Jul '09) 4 hr Gago 156
Lesbian Love, More Intimate than most? 6 hr RisaRainbow 1
I like Beverly Hills as a NZer Oct 17 Michael K Mair 1
Elizabeth Pena dies at 55; actress in 'The Incr... Oct 16 Big mike 2
Jane Fonda Oct 14 Rushbo 3
NAACP Image Awards recognize soap actors Kristo... (Dec '12) Oct 14 dmw 76

Beverly Hills News Video

Beverly Hills Dating
Find my Match

Beverly Hills Jobs

Beverly Hills People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE