Hope Chapel parishoners sue ex-pastor...

Hope Chapel parishoners sue ex-pastor, church for investment fraud

There are 343 comments on the Daily Breeze story from Sep 17, 2009, titled Hope Chapel parishoners sue ex-pastor, church for investment fraud. In it, Daily Breeze reports that:

Also named in the lawsuit, filed this week in Los Angeles Superior Court, is the church itself - the plaintiffs say leaders told them it would be "un-Christian" to sue, among other allegations - and its denominational body, the International Church of the Foursquare Gospel based in Los Angeles.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Daily Breeze.

Danielle

Wasilla, AK

#318 Apr 9, 2010
Did you ask the pastor about anything
Gorge

Wasilla, AK

#320 Apr 9, 2010
Wow every thing is is a lie
Gorge

Wasilla, AK

#321 Apr 9, 2010
YOu know what I know it is a lie because no one would do that. Especially a pastyor and where did they get thwe facts not from him cause everything in that isnt true!!!!
former hope chapel leader

Placentia, CA

#322 Apr 9, 2010
Stanley Engel wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't know Mike Maffe, I'm not a Christian (committed or otherwise) and I will not be giving him any assistance. What God thinks about Mike Maffe is something I don't know. The only thing that matters is whether or not Maffe, Hope Chapel and its denominational body, the International Church of the Foursquare Gospel cheated congregation members out of money. The place to make that determination is in a civil court.
If Maffe is a crook as alleged by the plaintiffs he should do the right thing: repay the money he stole. Nothing else matters.
You need to read what has been written carefully. Mike left his family. Mike Maffe is clearly a reprobate. ANanias and Saphira were killed for holding back their sacrifice. Maffe deliberately preyed upon the 42 pastors under him... 40 of them left the church over his behavior towards them! He brazenly deceived and unjustifiably took advantage of his poistion and used their trust in him to rob them. Thats intentional, premeditated, planned deception and theft. IN THE CHURCH. Compare that to Ananias and Saphira. WHo is more deserving of death?
Maffe is a reprobate and Zac is responsible for putting him and KEEPING him in a position of trust and leadership over JESUS sheep. NOT Maffe's sheep. NOT ZAC Nazarian's sheep. "Feed my sheep" Jesus told Peter.... "The devil comes to steal and to destroy", Jesus said. Maffee is a wolf, and Zac knew it! What does that make Zac? A wolf!

They are and have been reprobates. Read over the things people have suffered at their hands. Pray for them? DO you pray for Satan? Reprobates are TOSSED OUT of the church the same way a shepherd chases or kills a wolf!

Placentia, CA

#323 Apr 9, 2010
Deeply Concerned wrote:
Those of you who are deeply committed Christians and who know Mike and his family need to be part of the solution instead of sitting on the sidelines commenting.
If you know where he is, GO TO HIM AND RENDER ASSISTANCE. There is a wife and five children involved who need him to be healed and restored. I'm sure he feels the pressure of supporting his family after his firing. Perhaps this pressure contributed to his downfall.
God doesn't hate those who struggle and fall. This man is young enough to be restored and to bring Glory to God. That should be our focus here.
Bring to Mike's attention the principles of David Ramsey and the Complete Money Makeover. Encourage him to join a men's group like Marked Men for Christ, Promise Keepers or Ransomed Hearts. Reference the book that Ted Haggert's wife has just written about forgiveness. Suggest a different Church Tradition for Mike. One that might be a more healthy and accountable one for him. Pray for deep discernment on how to truly help.
But do something constructive! It's better to light a candle than to curse the darkness. Money can be lost and re-made, but these are people whose lives matter to God.
And learn what the Historic Christian Churches say about what the Bible teaches. It's not the fault of the Bible when individuals get it wrong.
God will be glorified when the LAST chapter of this story is written. Right now, we're just in the middle of this book.
PRAY FOR MIKE MAFFE, HIS WIFE AND CHILDREN
Blessings in the Holy Trinity, One God.
OOPS! THis is the comment I wished to address. You don't pray for the reprobate. COmpare Maffe and Zac to Ananias and Saphira, and decide, who is more deserving of death and hell? Ananias and Saphira only held back their offering. Maffe intentionally conceived a plan and hatched it with Zac's help... Maffee went to the 42 leaders/"shepherds" Zac placed under him, and deceived them and actively lied to them and took from them.

DOn't waste your prayers on reprobates. "The devil comes to steal and to destroy".. Jesus said. Maffee even left his own kids.

You DOn't waste your prayers on Satan, and you don't wast your prayers on a reprobate. Pray for the people they hurt!
Again

Plymouth, PA

#324 Apr 9, 2010
Hopeful wrote:
<quoted text>
What is the "hotbed of corruption" at Hope Torrance? I remember that Cris Cannon was one of the most loved and respected pastors at Hope Hermosa.
pastor Chris Cannon Left in 1997 and took Over Kings Harbor Church in redondo Bch..

Pastor Guy Takashima is now at Coast Christian.(yes affiliated with Coast Christian School)
Sunny

Van Nuys, CA

#325 Apr 10, 2010
former hope chapel leader wrote:
<quoted text>
You need to read what has been written carefully. Mike left his family. Mike Maffe is clearly a reprobate. ANanias and Saphira were killed for holding back their sacrifice. Maffe deliberately preyed upon the 42 pastors under him... 40 of them left the church over his behavior towards them! He brazenly deceived and unjustifiably took advantage of his poistion and used their trust in him to rob them. Thats intentional, premeditated, planned deception and theft. IN THE CHURCH. Compare that to Ananias and Saphira. WHo is more deserving of death?
Maffe is a reprobate and Zac is responsible for putting him and KEEPING him in a position of trust and leadership over JESUS sheep. NOT Maffe's sheep. NOT ZAC Nazarian's sheep. "Feed my sheep" Jesus told Peter.... "The devil comes to steal and to destroy", Jesus said. Maffee is a wolf, and Zac knew it! What does that make Zac? A wolf!
They are and have been reprobates. Read over the things people have suffered at their hands. Pray for them? DO you pray for Satan? Reprobates are TOSSED OUT of the church the same way a shepherd chases or kills a wolf!
Why not call back Ralph Moore? Hmmm seems all these Hope Chapel holyier then thou folks need to find a new church with no crooks. Sorry but really you all can find regular church's. These hypocrite bible thumpers make all Christians look bad. Maybe Hope Chapel is a bunch of crooks. Leave Hermosa Beach and go elsewhere. We need your space.

No praying for no one. Crooks are crooks and no Pastors should be doing business with their members. How shameful. ALL A BUNCH OF CROOKS!
Sunny

Van Nuys, CA

#326 Apr 10, 2010
Mike wrote:
I attended that church for years, and as a matter of fact I happened to know Mike Mafee, abd his family. When i read these articles it was a shocker for me because I havent been to that church in years. However I can assure something pastor Zac, and the work the church does for the poor is amazing. I myself was a volunteer at that church for "hope in action" a ministry that gives food to the poor. Every day people will leave the church with huge bags of food and bread. You cant just judge the whole church and leadership because of a rotten apple. You take that rotten apple out of the pile and you let God deal with it. The church has managed this issue to the best they can.
Many churches do good all over. I feel the Hope Chapel in Hermosa needs to go. We are tired of hearing this evil stuff from all of you. Just leave our town and go to Orange County. Why not call Ralph Moore? You know the guy who founded the church and left Hermosa under interesting circumstances. I have no love for ANY HOPE CHAPEL! CROOKS all over. How dare you steal folks money. All you guys should be going to jail.
Shame on Sunny

Los Angeles, CA

#327 Apr 14, 2010
We all know who you are. And as it was posted early on in this...you ALL wanted to get rich quick through Mike and thought you had the perfect deal. Now you want to use terms like "disgusting" when you didn't get your easy money. Shame on you for what you are saying against your Christian brothers and sisters! Shame on you for suing the Church (God's Church, not Mike's, Not Zac's).

Read your Bible. Carefully. Move your lips if you need to. God is watching and knows the truth.
Elizabeth

Riverside, CA

#328 Apr 14, 2010
Rumor has it that this lawsuit has been settled out of court. Is this true?

Placentia, CA

#329 Apr 15, 2010
Shame on Sunny wrote:
We all know who you are. And as it was posted early on in this...you ALL wanted to get rich quick through Mike and thought you had the perfect deal. Now you want to use terms like "disgusting" when you didn't get your easy money. Shame on you for what you are saying against your Christian brothers and sisters! Shame on you for suing the Church (God's Church, not Mike's, Not Zac's).
Read your Bible. Carefully. Move your lips if you need to. God is watching and knows the truth.
This has to be from Mike Maffe! He's the type (satanic) to accuse and run other christians down. Mike Maffe and Zac NAzarian are reprobates. COmpare them to Ananias and Saphira, who were killed by God for holding BACK from the church. Maffe, with Nazarian's knowledge PREYED ACTIVELY and LIED using FALSE REPORTS to fleece the 42 shepherds under him... 40 of whom LEFT the church.
God will judge NOONE who does not pray for these reprobates. Stop condemning the flock. Get a grip. God is not mocked. Whatever a man sews, that will he also reap.
Sunny

Van Nuys, CA

#332 Apr 15, 2010
Shame on Sunny wrote:
Sorry HON I am a Jew. Not dumb enough to go there, LOL! Sorry again you folks so DUMB! DUMB! DUMB! Get a life and never trust anyone with your money. I feel Hope Chapel has insurance they should pay these folks back. If not get Ralph Moore back to clean up after your mess. DUMB FOLKS!
Oh right, Ralph Moore left Hermosa Beach after a rather large incident as well? LOL! Just know about Hermosa Beach as I have been here for YEARS!! LOSERS! Pay those poor folks back. They suffer over the name of GOD???? Pass the plate, LOL!
Sunny

Van Nuys, CA

#333 Apr 15, 2010
<quoted text>
This has to be from Mike Maffe! He's the type (satanic) to accuse and run other christians down. Mike Maffe and Zac NAzarian are reprobates. COmpare them to Ananias and Saphira, who were killed by God for holding BACK from the church. Maffe, with Nazarian's knowledge PREYED ACTIVELY and LIED using FALSE REPORTS to fleece the 42 shepherds under him... 40 of whom LEFT the church.
God will judge NOONE who does not pray for these reprobates. Stop condemning the flock. Get a grip. God is not mocked. Whatever a man sews, that will he also reap.
One word about this matter...CROOKS!
Sunny

Van Nuys, CA

#335 Apr 15, 2010
these guys talk in the hundreds of millions of dollars.
and they drive volksies and talk of god at church, and money the rest of the time.
they don't give a hoot about anyone, or Mike Maffe would never have risen to such power.
no mortal should be so tempted! Not even the Beverly HIlls Lawyers worry them. A settlement would not surprise me. ANd they just do it with your money. big deal. No sweat.
DOn't call these guys pastors, Father, SuperZac, or anything else. Call them wolves, thieves and Judas.
come on . Being christian doesn't mean being stupid. Pray for them my sweet ass.
they should be shot. and they haven't been. Thats christianity, sucker. WE leave 'em for the vengeance of GOd.
Smart. Come out and tell the whole story then. Or maybe we can subpoena these threads and find you for the media? COME OUT AND COME CLEAN!
Hey Sunny

Lomita, CA

#336 Apr 16, 2010
Perhaps you should call yourself Cloudy! Since you claim to be a "Jew", and "trust no one" (assume that includes God by your words), and are not "dumb enough" to attend Hope...How do you qualify yourself to expound such tripe about something you know nothing about? Very hateful. As stated...We know who you are....and suspect you know who you are as well.
Sunny

Van Nuys, CA

#337 Apr 20, 2010
Hey Sunny wrote:
Perhaps you should call yourself Cloudy! Since you claim to be a "Jew", and "trust no one" (assume that includes God by your words), and are not "dumb enough" to attend Hope...How do you qualify yourself to expound such tripe about something you know nothing about? Very hateful. As stated...We know who you are....and suspect you know who you are as well.
Why? No one should be getting money from members for investment. I feel they should all be reported to the IRS and investigated. Maybe with no non profit status, they will handle folks money with better care. How dare they steal money from members. Really you think that is right? If you do, some Chirstian you are? Losers! Hey my town I live here and I am entitled to say any FRICKING thing I want. Keep it up, maybe we will go to City Council and Police to ask for more investigating. How about the FBI. Keep your shyt up! IRS might be next.
Sunny Sunny Sunny

Lomita, CA

#338 Apr 20, 2010
You really have a way to turn a phrase. 1-Didn't say that it is right to steal; 2-agree that no one should steal, this was a partnership; 3-yes, you can say whatever you want, true or not. Go to police, city council, FBI, IRS... they already turned down which why this is a civil (unlike you) suit. Lot's of anger there sonny (sic)! Get some (any) facts before spewing. Looking for your next post.
sam

United States

#339 Apr 21, 2010
I just came across this story by accident. But I'm wondering just out of curiosity. If the fraudulent behavior is just being perpetrated by one person Mr. Mafee why did the article state that the accountant for the church discussed with the investors how much they were owed, once the fraud was discovered. Wouldn't only the con man have access to what was invested in and not the church? Listen I believe in the word of God, but if the church somehow gave the impression that they were going to intercede in this matter about getting the investors reimbursed then that is what needs to be done. I am certain that settling to pay couple of hundreds of thousands of dollars would not bankrupt the church. Hopefully, this matter was already settled. Satan is busy so as Christian we don't need to help him.
Sunny

Van Nuys, CA

#340 Apr 21, 2010
Sunny Sunny Sunny wrote:
You really have a way to turn a phrase. 1-Didn't say that it is right to steal; 2-agree that no one should steal, this was a partnership; 3-yes, you can say whatever you want, true or not. Go to police, city council, FBI, IRS... they already turned down which why this is a civil (unlike you) suit. Lot's of anger there sonny (sic)! Get some (any) facts before spewing. Looking for your next post.
thanks HON just called the IRS and sent several newspaper articles. Yes I am angry when I read about so called HOLY FOLKS who are the worst JUDGERS see them RIP OFF their own folks. Thanks HON, since you do not want to monitor your own, I called the IRS sent articles and opened a case against the entire church. Pay up or SHUT UP! Everyone should be fired there! Especially the Senior Pastors, everyone should be fired. Also 4 Square church should be notified as well. Have they?
Sunny

Van Nuys, CA

#341 Apr 21, 2010
sam wrote:
I just came across this story by accident. But I'm wondering just out of curiosity. If the fraudulent behavior is just being perpetrated by one person Mr. Mafee why did the article state that the accountant for the church discussed with the investors how much they were owed, once the fraud was discovered. Wouldn't only the con man have access to what was invested in and not the church? Listen I believe in the word of God, but if the church somehow gave the impression that they were going to intercede in this matter about getting the investors reimbursed then that is what needs to be done. I am certain that settling to pay couple of hundreds of thousands of dollars would not bankrupt the church. Hopefully, this matter was already settled. Satan is busy so as Christian we don't need to help him.
I agree why would their bookkeeper know what was going on? Were funds Church funds and private funds that were used? There is more to this story then meets the eye. I might work my way back to the Ralph Moore days and why he fled to Hawaii. What happened back then? Heard many stories about him.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Beverly Hills Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Testing 42 min Shyit whole Hawaii 2
News The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 4 hr Nonsense 21,373
Golden Glob Awards 18 hr Shyit whole Hawaii 14
Top Los Angeles Breweries 22 hr KTSullivan 3
Women are all such mean and evil lying Bastards... 22 hr KTSullivan 3
la art show 23 hr Mona Day 1
News Suddenly Infamous: Casting JonBenet And Rodney ... (May '17) Tue MJ ultra 5

Beverly Hills Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Beverly Hills Mortgages