Calif. seeks to adopt nation's toughest gun laws

Feb 7, 2013 Full story: The State 21

Weeks after New York enacted the nation's toughest gun laws, California lawmakers said Thursday they want their state to do even more in response to recent mass shootings, particularly the Connecticut school massacre.

Full Story
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Since: Nov 11

Salt Lake City, UT

#1 Feb 7, 2013
" they want their state to do even more in response to recent mass shootings"

They want to jump on the knee jerk reaction express. There was NOTHING in the article that would deal with criminal activity while armed.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#2 Feb 7, 2013
duzitreallymatter wrote:
" they want their state to do even more in response to recent mass shootings"
They want to jump on the knee jerk reaction express. There was NOTHING in the article that would deal with criminal activity while armed.
Maybe they have some bigger douchebags than Andrew Cuomo but that takes some real doing. You are right in the fact that nothing in the laws they propose will stop criminals.
Roice

Hollywood, FL

#3 Feb 7, 2013
The killer/coward Christopher Dorner (cop killing ex-cop) began his murderous rampage by shooting an innocent woman and her fiancÚ. Then the fool goes on to lecture us about how we don't need rifles with 30 round magazines to protect ourselves..........um......... ahh..........is it just me or is that the lamest argument for gun control ever presented? He is running around shooting women with an assault rifle and saying no one needs a similar weapon to ward off evil people.......uhh.....okay. Then he tells us that Wayne LaPierre is evil.......ah.....wow!........ this idiot just won this for the NRA.
sheepleloveroyal ty

Bryn Mawr, PA

#4 Feb 7, 2013
Remember this is the state where voters ok'd tax increases. Nanny staters all the way in sunny Kali forn I a.

Also the state of Democratic Senator Fienstien.
rider

Gwinn, MI

#6 Feb 7, 2013

Since: Nov 11

Salt Lake City, UT

#7 Feb 8, 2013
sheepleloveroyalty wrote:
Remember this is the state where voters ok'd tax increases. Nanny staters all the way in sunny Kali forn I a.
Also the state of Democratic Senator Fienstien.
The sad part is, with so many people leaving Nannifornia over the years, some are trying to bring their great nanny state ideas with them.
rider

Gwinn, MI

#8 Feb 8, 2013
Christopher Dorner's Manifesto, In Full [Content Graphic and Disturbing][UPDATED]
http://laist.com/2013/02/07/christopher_dorne...
jamest

Glendale, CA

#9 Feb 8, 2013
look here the red neck are not going to turn in their guns

now this cop going around killing cop's killing dirty cop's will what can you say about that now and the question is the LAPD is still running a dirty business still racist faceless red necks who hide within the force because they fail these dick heads had every oppertuinty to education and so they became cop's so they can beat kill or lock up blacks and latinos you see these dick head on the beat look at them dick dumbass that why their wife leave their ass take the house and car and the kids they don't want their lame duck ass anymore so what left he let go out and beat up some blacks and latinos pull them over just because the sarg got my back now this cop killing should tell you the LAPD is a dirty police force and save the long speech fools you see when they pull your ass over for some bull shit and ive you reach for your insurrance card could be a death sentence
rider

Gwinn, MI

#10 Feb 8, 2013
Rep. Maxine Waters on CIA Drug Trafficking Part 1 of 4 .
jamest

Glendale, CA

#11 Feb 8, 2013
how many people will loose thier life by hands of white Racist cop's the question is the LAPD he can't be wrong why are these cop's their in the first place why can't the goverment get rig of these dickhead rednecks how many people should loose their life because of a very few red necks who think they are the shit and you only killing your own county men how dumb is that

YOU red necks you are not the shit you piss and shit like everybody else the black you beat up the black and latinos you put in jail you made lawyers richer doctors richer grave yard richer and when you take your lame duck ass home to your wife and kid you still cant put them into e best schools money can buy so how in the fuck you can say you are the shit you are a modern day slave who only making GOP thinkers richer dumbass you can buy a fing house in beverly hill spend 35000 a year to send you kid to a privite school dumbass so what you a little power to beat up black man and women and latinos and you think you are the shit come dumbass the lawyers win every case you put forward andthey look a you like a ass in uniform u did a 6mos course hey did 7 years Uni degree dumbass
jamest

Glendale, CA

#12 Feb 8, 2013
so the doctors, lawyers grave yard owners like red neck dick head cop's because that how they make there money they see you they know your are a dress up dick head because being a cop is only for dick head its not a normal job and youg poeople if you are not a dick head don't be a cop because you wont last long in the force of dick head become a lawyer doctor and get paid off their dumbness and when you see a cop on the street your if your get stop look closer you see mr or ms dumbass but don't let them know you no just smile like i don't
rider

Gwinn, MI

#13 Feb 8, 2013
Th man who set OJ free---------- money talks-BS walks Mark Fuhrman (born February 5, 1952), former detective of the Los Angeles Police Department (LAPD), is known for his part in the investigation of the murders of Nicole Brown Simpson and Ronald Goldman and his subsequent felony conviction for perjury. He has subsequently written books and hosted talk radio.

OJ was money, he hob-obbed with th white elite Furman it i proven will do or say anything for fame nd fortune. Think it was all played out before the trial? You betcha! Money-Money and more Money! Bugliosi and OutrageIn his own book on the Simpson murder case, Outrage, Bugliosi argued that in order to prove Fuhrman had planted the glove, the defense would have had to prove that there was a far-reaching criminal conspiracy between Fuhrman and other officers. Bugliosi said that Clark should have opposed any conspiracy assertion in her closing argument. Bugliosi also said that had there been such a conspiracy, anyone involved would have been risking both their careers and their lives. At the time, California law stated that anyone who fabricated evidence in a death penalty case could be sentenced to death themselves.[12]

[edit] Other books
Murder in Greenwich by Mark FuhrmanFor his next book, Murder in Greenwich (1998, ISBN 0060191414), Fuhrman investigated the then-unsolved 1975 murder of Martha Moxley and presented his theory that the murderer was Michael Skakel, nephew of Ethel Kennedy, the widow of Senator Robert Kennedy. Skakel was subsequently convicted of Moxley's murder in June 2002.[13] The book was adapted for a 2002 television movie starring Christopher Meloni as Fuhrman.[14]

In 1999, he published The Murder Business: How the Media Turns Crime Into Entertainment and Subverts Justice (ISBN 1596985844), which addressed the fine line between crime reporting and entertainment.

In 2001, Fuhrman published Murder in Spokane: Catching a Serial Killer (ISBN 0060721545), which investigated a serial killer's spree on the West Coast.

In 2003, he published Death and Justice: An Expose of Oklahoma's Death Row Machine (ISBN 0060009179), on the subject of capital punishment.

In 2005, Fuhrman published Silent Witness: The Untold Story of Terri Schiavo's Death (ISBN 0060853379 ), which emphasized gaps in the medical and legal records that might allow for the possibility that Schiavo was murdered.

In 2006, he published A Simple Act of Murder: November 22, 1963 (ISBN 0060721545), about the John F. Kennedy assassination. In it, Fuhrman advanced a theory debunking the Single Bullet Theory while still maintaining that Lee Harvey Oswald acted alone. He claimed that the Warren Commission was forced to adopt the Single Bullet Theory for political reasons. However, he said that a dent in the chrome above the windshield of the presidential limousine used that day vindicated the story told by John Connally that a first shot at President John F. Kennedy did not hit him.

[edit] Radio commentaryFuhrman is a frequent guest of commentator Sean Hannity for Fox News. He was also the host of the Mark Fuhrman Show on KGA-AM in Spokane between the hours of 8am-11am Pacific Time. The show covered local and national topics and included guest callers, and was a casualty of the sale of the station by Citadel Broadcasting Corp. of Las Vegas to Mapleton Communications, LLC of Monterey, California.[citation needed]
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mark_Fuhrman
rider

Gwinn, MI

#14 Feb 8, 2013
Roice wrote:
The killer/coward Christopher Dorner (cop killing ex-cop) began his murderous rampage by shooting an innocent woman and her fiancÚ. Then the fool goes on to lecture us about how we don't need rifles with 30 round magazines to protect ourselves..........um......... ahh..........is it just me or is that the lamest argument for gun control ever presented? He is running around shooting women with an assault rifle and saying no one needs a similar weapon to ward off evil people.......uhh.....okay. Then he tells us that Wayne LaPierre is evil.......ah.....wow!........ this idiot just won this for the NRA.
Who is the umbrella cover for Dorner? Shouldn.t be hard to track in that snow storm. Has the NRA aided his escape?
rider

Gwinn, MI

#16 Feb 8, 2013
On July 5, 2011, at about 8:30 PM, officers of the Fullerton Police Department responded to a call from the management of the Slidebar[15] that someone was vandalizing cars near the Fullerton Transportation Center. While investigating, they encountered the shirtless and disheveled Thomas and attempted to search him. According to statements given by the officers, Thomas was uncooperative and resisted when they attempted to search him, so backup was called. The officers then repeatedly applied Tasers to Thomas, hit him with the butts of the Tasers and flashlights, and threw him onto the ground.[16] A video of the event surfaced, and Thomas can be heard repeatedly screaming in pain while officers are heard repeatedly asking him to place his arms behind his back. Unable to get Kelly to comply with the requests, a taser was used on him (up to five times according to a witness statement) in the video, and screaming "Dad! Dad!".[17] Six officers were involved in subduing Thomas, who was unarmed and had a history of mental illness. Thomas was initially taken to St. Jude Medical Center in Fullerton but was transferred immediately to the UC Irvine Medical Center with severe injuries to his head, face, and neck.[18]

Orange County District Attorney Tony Rackauckas gave a detailed account of the events during a press conference on September 21, 2011. Using digital audio recording devices carried by the officers, surveillance video from a pole camera at the Fullerton Transportation Center, and other evidence, Rackauckas provided evidence that Thomas did comply with orders from Officer Ramos, who had put on latex gloves and asked Thomas "Now see my fists? They are getting ready to fuck you up."[19] Rackauckas went on to describe how Thomas begged for his life, before being beaten to death.[20]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Death_of_Kelly_T...
jamest

Glendale, CA

#17 Feb 8, 2013
snake eyes sorry only white red necks rape kids black people dont rape kids the one that do rape kids are the once that were rised by their slave master that was pass down the lines

white people rape white people kill white people started to world wars a black man ever kill someone out side their race except when the white devil went to africa
jamest

Glendale, CA

#18 Feb 8, 2013
AND THOSE KIDS THAT WERE GUN DOWN WAS BY THE HANDS OF A WHITE CRAZY BLUE EYED DEVIL AND THE DEVIL KILL HIS CRAZY ASS MOTHER AS WELL
rider

Gwinn, MI

#20 Feb 8, 2013
Call Boys Take Midnight Tour of Reagan/Bush White House- NBC .NBC's Tom Brokaw in a 1989 TV news report on the infamous Washington Times Story; June 29, 1989 'HOMOSEXUAL
rider

Gwinn, MI

#22 Feb 8, 2013
Reagan/Bush Whitehouse sex scandal September 29th, 1989 anyone remember this?
Full Scans of the Washington Times story.

http://www.extremeskins.com/showthread.php...
Besara

Omaha, NE

#23 Feb 8, 2013
rider wrote:
Reagan/Bush Whitehouse sex scandal September 29th, 1989 anyone remember this?
Full Scans of the Washington Times story.
http://www.extremeskins.com/showthread.php...
So were you also stalking John De Camp?
rider

Gwinn, MI

#24 Feb 8, 2013
Besara wrote:
<quoted text>So were you also stalking John De Camp?
No! that would have been Dorothy Bush Koch on his tail.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Beverly Hills Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
any teens in Los Angeles wanna hook up? 3 hr hey5482 1
is a afro life more valuable than a Hispanic life 10 hr who da fuhk 2
California Wind Farms Kilt All The Birds (Aug '11) 10 hr who da fuhk 4
American Sniper Goes Beyond Tradition to Take ... 10 hr who da fuhk 2
What Gwyneth Paltrow Has to Do With Saving the ... 10 hr who da fuhk 12
Bachman Gomert Presidential Campaign Heats Up 10 hr who da fuhk 2
The Porn Star's Revenge: Formerly Known as Jeff... (Feb '09) 11 hr PoliticallyInclin... 3

Beverly Hills News Video

Beverly Hills Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Beverly Hills People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Beverly Hills News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Beverly Hills

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 4:51 am PST