“Formerly Frankie Rizzo”

Since: Sep 12

Canarsie, NY

#5552 Dec 20, 2012
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
It isnít that any of the specific ten commandments or the laws of the Torah or the Koran or any other religious works particularly offend me ( although some do ) it is that we were not founded as a Christian or any other kind of religious nation ( stated by the father of the revolution specifically ) and if we are going to put the religious writings of one religion, freedom demands we give equal space and opportunity for all religions, and I donít want my public places plastered with slogans from that many religions thank you very much.
Under which God? This is the land of the free, people are free to believe in any religion they want to. There are literally billions and billions of Gods, goddesses, and families of gods.
But I am offended by it for the same reason Francis Bellamy who wrote the pledge talked about why there was no mention of God in it when he wrote the pledge, that it was about patriotism to a nation, not a prayer or homage to any religion.
The pledge for most of its history did not contain the phrase "Under God" that was added in the 1950's under protest from Francis Bellam's descendants.
I taught my children the original pledge, and that is the pledge they used in school. Not the current bastardized version used today
Jaysus Aitch Kay-Rist on a Sears riding lawnmower with auto bagging attachment! The word God won't hurt you. Just ignore it.

Think of it as goodness or some liberal feely goody dopey thing like that. Loosen up! Just think "Obama" or "tolerance and diversity" when you see or hear "god".

WOOHOOO!

“Formerly Frankie Rizzo”

Canarsie, NY

#5553 Dec 20, 2012
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
I have no problem, until they want unrestricted access to my children and grandchildren, and then they better watch out.
I wonít let that happen.
Too funny!

Whoa cowboy! Easy now.

Always remember - Tolerance and diversity. Non violence and all that.
Big D

Modesto, CA

#5554 Dec 20, 2012
Mike DiRucci wrote:
<quoted text>
Too funny!
Whoa cowboy! Easy now.
Always remember - Tolerance and diversity. Non violence and all that.
Oh I do tolerate them, I even defend them, this is America and they are free to believe as they want to believe. That extends to keeping other religions ( such as Islam or Scientology ) from forcing their dogma on the children of Christians as well.

But I would not allow a religion in our schools any more than I would allow the KKK in our schools. They have a right to exist ( as long as they stay within the law ) but they do not have rights to unrestricted or unsupervised access to my children and grandchildren.

It is like a movie, there are some films that I will allow my children ( well Grandchildren now ) to watch, but only with me present, to make sure they know this is just a story, it isnít real.... same with religion.

“Formerly Frankie Rizzo”

Canarsie, NY

#5555 Dec 20, 2012
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh I do tolerate them, I even defend them, this is America and they are free to believe as they want to believe. That extends to keeping other religions ( such as Islam or Scientology ) from forcing their dogma on the children of Christians as well.
But I would not allow a religion in our schools any more than I would allow the KKK in our schools. They have a right to exist ( as long as they stay within the law ) but they do not have rights to unrestricted or unsupervised access to my children and grandchildren.
It is like a movie, there are some films that I will allow my children ( well Grandchildren now ) to watch, but only with me present, to make sure they know this is just a story, it isnít real.... same with religion.

“Formerly Frankie Rizzo”

Canarsie, NY

#5556 Dec 20, 2012
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
I let my 3 grandchildren watch "Jackass 2". We were all laughing our asses off till we got caught by their spoilsport mom. Made us change the channel. Took away the kids beer too. Kept mine. Age has it's privileges.
Pavers

West Covina, CA

#5557 Dec 20, 2012
Has anyone seen that loud mouthed boy wonder of the Republican party John B. he is just a garbage boy anyway.
Big D

Modesto, CA

#5558 Dec 20, 2012
Mike DiRucci wrote:
<quoted text>
I let my 3 grandchildren watch "Jackass 2". We were all laughing our asses off till we got caught by their spoilsport mom. Made us change the channel. Took away the kids beer too. Kept mine. Age has it's privileges.
Yeah I am not always the perfect grandpa either... I always threaten to take the kids to Starbucks for a Mocha before Mom and Dad pick them up, but I never do.

Hey they are my grandkids and my kids have to pay for their raising.

My grandkids seem more Ö. Sheltered is a good word Ö than I was, I warn my kids against that, you shelter a kid too much and they end up dependent on that shelter. But ( shrug ) I cant complain, all my kids are successful, my grandkids are doing well in school, and they are all coming to visit me over the next week ( will have a houseful )
Pavers

West Covina, CA

#5559 Dec 20, 2012
Did something big bite you in the night or something?

“Formerly Frankie Rizzo”

Canarsie, NY

#5560 Dec 20, 2012
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah I am not always the perfect grandpa either... I always threaten to take the kids to Starbucks for a Mocha before Mom and Dad pick them up, but I never do.
My grandkids seem more Ö. Sheltered is a good word Ö than I was, I warn my kids against that, you shelter a kid too much and they end up dependent on that shelter. But ( shrug ) I cant complain, all my kids are successful, my grandkids are doing well in school, and they are all coming to visit me over the next week ( will have a houseful )
Don't lie to them like you do here.
SSOOTP

West Covina, CA

#5561 Dec 20, 2012
I'e always said you can't count on those Same Stupid Out Of Town Posters to do anything but play ships Ahoy.

Since: Nov 12

Elk Grove, CA

#5562 Dec 20, 2012
Mr Anderson wrote:
<quoted text>
I think the overtly religious parents?/ who are the right wing nut jobs, insisting on this BS??
should remove their kids from public schools and enroll them in religious schools....
if they cant handle the secular atmosphere that public schools rightfully provide, that is........
Then why is obama crying in a public school and praying to a God? Why are people asking where was God? He was kicked out.

Elk Grove, CA

#5563 Dec 20, 2012
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
don't let your buddy andy here that you are old, he hates old people.

Elk Grove, CA

#5564 Dec 20, 2012
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>

Under which God? This is the land of the free, people are free to believe in any religion they want to. There are literally billions and billions of Gods, goddesses, and families of gods.
But I am offended by it for the same reason Francis Bellamy who wrote the pledge talked about why there was no mention of God in it when he wrote the pledge, that it was about patriotism to a nation, not a prayer or homage to any religion.
The pledge for most of its history did not contain the phrase "Under God" that was added in the 1950's under protest from Francis Bellam's descendants.
I taught my children the original pledge, and that is the pledge they used in school. Not the current bastardized version used today
How dare they say "under God". we should hang them! This is the land of the free, to say "under God" or "in God we trust" doesn't mean a specific God. None of the Founding Fathers were atheists like you, they would spit in your face if they were alive today, you are a shame to human life.

Elk Grove, CA

#5565 Dec 20, 2012
Mr Anderson wrote:
<quoted text>
none of us follow the first few.... after all, we are all here on sundays, bickering!
the last few are common sense.
What are you babbling about retard?
The Flag is

West Covina, CA

#5566 Dec 20, 2012
Once again the idiot Tea Party is about to crash the system, it's is all to apparent that the Tea Party needs to be outlawed and declared a danger to all american citizen's.

It's another big defeat for John Boehner, Republicans party because they have nixed his fiscal "Plan B," because they didn't have the votes to pass it.

The bill would have raised taxes on incomes over $1 million per year.

Obama's current plan would raise taxes on incomes over $400,000.
Mr Anderson

Anderson, CA

#5567 Dec 20, 2012
RiccardoFire wrote:
<quoted text>How dare they say "under God". we should hang them! This is the land of the free, to say "under God" or "in God we trust" doesn't mean a specific God. None of the Founding Fathers were atheists like you, they would spit in your face if they were alive today, you are a shame to human life.
No he isnt...

he is rational, moderate human being...

just because he doesnt want his family indoctrinated???

that makes him a shame to human life?/

are you serious??

do you want us to give you a chance to walk that one back??

talk about retarded....im beginning to agree with you know who about you...retardo..
SnodGrass

West Covina, CA

#5568 Dec 20, 2012
Ya learn a lot when you watch idiot Republicnas and Tea Party nation members fall all over them selves.

There goes the ranch.

Elk Grove, CA

#5569 Dec 20, 2012
Mr Anderson wrote:
<quoted text>
No he isnt...
he is rational, moderate human being...
just because he doesnt want his family indoctrinated???
that makes him a shame to human life?/
are you serious??
do you want us to give you a chance to walk that one back??
talk about retarded....im beginning to agree with you know who about you...retardo..
ĎIn God We Trustí has nothing whatsoever to do with the establishment of religion. Its use is of patriotic or ceremonial character and bears no true resemblance to a governmental sponsorship of a religious exercise. If he is so worried his kid might actually believe in a God, keep him locked up, away from TV and the radio. Don't let them go to book stores or shopping malls....lol...he sounds like you, a paranoid scared fool that is afraid to face the truth.
Big D

Modesto, CA

#5570 Dec 21, 2012
RiccardoFire wrote:
<quoted text> ĎIn God We Trustí has nothing whatsoever to do with the establishment of religion. Its use is of patriotic or ceremonial character and bears no true resemblance to a governmental sponsorship of a religious exercise. If he is so worried his kid might actually believe in a God, keep him locked up, away from TV and the radio. Don't let them go to book stores or shopping malls....lol...he sounds like you, a paranoid scared fool that is afraid to face the truth.
No more worried than I would be about any religion, fantasy is ok, as long as there are actual adults there to let them know it is just fantasy

None of my children are suckered in by your religion, they are well armed with knowledge against such garbage
Big D

Modesto, CA

#5571 Dec 21, 2012
RiccardoFire wrote:
<quoted text>How dare they say "under God". we should hang them! This is the land of the free, to say "under God" or "in God we trust" doesn't mean a specific God. None of the Founding Fathers were atheists like you, they would spit in your face if they were alive today, you are a shame to human life.
I am not a Christian, I donít suggest people be hanged or tortured ( with everlasting torture ) for their beliefs.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Beverly Hills Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
It is customary for the men to pay 5 hr Spellbound 5
The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 14 hr True blue 19,387
WARNING ALERT!: Ebola hits NYC: CrossFit Solace... 17 hr ALERT 1
Hollywood is Mutilating Women in the War on Women 18 hr Tnhellbilly69 4
Los Angeles upholstery cleaning and repair (Jun '08) 21 hr Jerry Boggs 4
Boy, Man Found Dead Inside Hemet Home 21 hr Chris 3
I like Beverly Hills as a NZer Oct 17 Michael K Mair 1

Beach Hazards Statement for Los Angeles County was issued at October 25 at 2:44AM PDT

Beverly Hills News Video

Beverly Hills Dating
Find my Match

Beverly Hills Jobs

Beverly Hills People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Beverly Hills News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Beverly Hills

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]