What happened to us?

Since: Jul 07

PARK RIDGE IL.

#2 Feb 10, 2013
What's wrong with it?
lee

Concord, CA

#3 Aug 6, 2013
Southwest is the worst airline ever. They have no respect for the customers. We paid for a direct flight from greenville sc to las Vegas and to sac ca. They changed our tickets without telling us.Then we were delayed four hours and missed our connect flight. They also put us on a fight with five stops. I thought I was on a greyhound bus trip. We told the managers at every airport what went wrong and we should get money back because flights with stops were cheaper than direct flights which we paid for. They said it's not their problem. Acted like we were some homeless convict on the street begging for change. They were rude and nasty. Very. Nasty... I will drive before my family or I fly sw again. I had a friend warn me about sw but I never dreamed it could be so bad. It really put a damper on the vacation. Southwest you guys are a real pos.
phil

Concord, CA

#4 Aug 6, 2013
I agree southwest is a sorry way to travel. I travel AA and get treated good everytime. Southwest is like hitch hiking. You might make it to your destination but your probably not going to enjoy the ride.
tommy

Concord, CA

#5 Aug 6, 2013
100% agree southwest airlines completely suck.
Rws

Apo, AE

#6 Dec 21, 2013
Flew into bwi from providence and saw on the marquee the 1065 flight to San Antonio Texas was at gate b8. The gate showed the same. Thinking I was at the right place I waited. Close to my flight time the marquee changed saying b8 was now providence. By the time I got to a customer service agent was told oh that flight is now out of A11. Ran to a11 no not here the agent said. Go at a10. Went to a10 airplane gone. Asked to talk with a manager and got two. First stated to me just go ahead and stay seated ...in a very hostile tone. The other stated rudely gee why are you the only person not at the right gate. That remains unclear as I do not know how many people missed the flight. The two managers escalated their tone and became increasingly hostile. I stood up and the comment was hold on now we'll call the police here. Both then walked away from me stating to the agent do not rebook him...,he's on his own. Had to book a new flight for tomorrow at considerable cost. Have flown swa for over 15 years, but never again. Merry Xmas to all , my gift to you is a word of advice, fly an alternate airline and avoid bwi. If you must fly them be aware they state they are not responsible for inaccuracies in the airport directions and what flight is where.
Southwest Sucks Club

Tucson, AZ

#7 Feb 22, 2014
I agree 100%. Southwest always has sucked, but the degree of suckation has greatly increased in the past years. To add to the suckiness, they are now the most expensive airline you can fly. I recently flew Delta with a business class ticket for only slightly more than Southwest. Nowadays, you can expect Southwest to be late, usually and hour or so, cost the most, and is virtually impossible to get in A group unless you pay even more.

I was an A-list SW flier for a few years, but I am now boycotting SW and urge others to do the same. Why support them now that the price is the highest, on-time the LEAST, the worst (and most complicated) frequent flier program in the industry, and the generally unpleasant boarding process....

I say teach them a lesson and avoid....
Kap64

United States

#10 Jun 13, 2014
As I sit at Midway waiting for my flight to Newark, I'm praying it actually leaves today! See, I left yesterday at 9am from Dallas, flew to Houston and upon arrival found that my connection to Newark had been canceled. All the rest of the flights to Newark were full, in fact the next day's flights were as well. I was given 2 choices; go back to Dallas on a flight 8 hours later or take the last flight to Chicago at 7:35pm and stay in a hotel at my expense and get the first flight to Newark the next day. Wth? I ended up choosing the later and after a long day spent flying from Dallas to Houston to Chicago, there are no hotel rooms available due to Jazz Fest. I had to retrieve my bags from baggage claim & sit on the floor near Ticketing until they opened at 4:30am. I travel a lot and understand things happen, but Southwest's treatment of their customers sucks! They act as though you're bothering them and they give you a number for Customer Relations ( they close @ 7pm and the line is always busy). How can they run a businesslike this? I'm done with SWA! Good riddance!
Lynn R

Corona, CA

#12 Jun 30, 2014
YES SOUTHWEST AIRLINES SUCKS. I was on a flight that had a stop in Oakland before continuing on to Ontario California. Right before setting foot on the plane my one carry-on bag was forced to be checked in due to them running out of room supposedly. We stopped in Oakland at which time we were to stay seated for other passengers to board to continue on to Ontario. Suddenly they announced that they were doing a plane swap. When I tried to get on the plane for Ontario, the plane was full and I had to stay behind on stand by. I was panicking as my bag would be in Ontario before I got there and what if it got stolen. I tried to speak with several Southwest employees about retrieving my bag or at least getting on the flight. All I got was a rude and nonchalant attitude. One rep at the podium shooed me away saying come back later to see of I can get on another flight instead of checking to see what was the next available flight I can be put. I guess being unhelpful rude callous and unknowledgeable is a what Southwest looks for when hiring!!!! I had to call my brother to drive to the airport and retrieve my bag from the baggage claim carousel before I got to Ontario. Awesome security that anyone can just walk to baggage claim and grab a bag!!! What upsets me most is how rude and unhelpful every Southwest worker I approached was!!!
Dave

Jamestown, RI

#13 Sep 26, 2014
South West sucks never fly them any where, They will load you on the plane than tell you to get off flight canceled. No do not fly south west. They give you a free drink coupon than some bitch on the plane says no drink for you because I'm the steward ( ugly fat chick )
oh well

Reston, VA

#14 Sep 30, 2014
sad very sad
proud to be here

New York, NY

#15 Oct 1, 2014
lee wrote:
Southwest is the worst airline ever. They have no respect for the customers. We paid for a direct flight from greenville sc to las Vegas and to sac ca. They changed our tickets without telling us.Then we were delayed four hours and missed our connect flight. They also put us on a fight with five stops. I thought I was on a greyhound bus trip. We told the managers at every airport what went wrong and we should get money back because flights with stops were cheaper than direct flights which we paid for. They said it's not their problem. Acted like we were some homeless convict on the street begging for change. They were rude and nasty. Very. Nasty... I will drive before my family or I fly sw again. I had a friend warn me about sw but I never dreamed it could be so bad. It really put a damper on the vacation. Southwest you guys are a real pos.
That has been their philosophy for air travel forever: to be like a bus ride. I saw that in decades ago. I only take real carriers and use every thing as a tax write off.
Frequent Flyer

Fremont, CA

#16 Oct 1, 2014
Southwest Airlines is the Greyhound Bus of the skies. Only worse.
Now I know

Redmond, WA

#17 Oct 2, 2014
Their customer service is a joke. They never call you back, got the run around , transferred five times on the phone. No one could help me, "not their department." They really don't care about customer satisfaction one bit. Will never fly on them again. Hope they go out of business!
Drdiarrhea

San Diego, CA

#18 Dec 1, 2014
Yes, they suck incredibly hard. I have been a very frequent flier for the last 5 years, averaging two flights per week around the country, and I have long since learned that Southworst is to be avoided at all costs. There are a number of reasons for this:

--Their open seating. This means stupid lines in terminals, and fierce competition for mediocre seating. I like the security of booking my seats in advance so I will always get the seat I want and don't have to worry about thru pax, checking in 24 hours in advance, or paying extra for "A" seating.

--They have a crappy FF program. What do you get? A free seat after 30 flights?? That's free COACH. Other airlines are better at rewarding people like me who are in their air all the time. First Class for one..and First Class is not only a bigger seat, it's shorter lines and priority baggage and LOUNGES. As Southworst has nearly non-existent international flights, rewards cannot be extended to any out of country travel...I can fly domestic on American all year and then go to Europe in Biz or First for a coach price as a reward.

--Their camp counsellor chumminess schtick. Really, it gets old and is sort of undignified. I am sure the once a decade middle aged flier finds their quips funny...but try it twice a week. Ugh, and their hold message is even worse if you call them.

--The price myth. People still think it is the cheapest..not sure why. It has not been the cheapest for at least 10 years now. I flew on Continental last week from Phoenix to Houston for 65 dollars less than Southworst was offering it for. Most other airlines..especially low cost carriers like USairways..are the same if not cheaper on price.
Callitlikeiseeit

Santa Clara, CA

#20 Apr 6, 2015
The worst crew in the world this morning. Had an overweight flamboyant male attendant that obviously was regretting his career choice, a pilot that couldn't figure out how to turn a light off in the cockpit so we had to wait twenty minutes for that to get resolved. This airline is slowly becoming the sickliest in the air! If it were not for the fact that I HAVE TO FLY SOUTHWEST I would rather kick a donkey across this beautiful country.
Someone needs to start a website that will allow a passenger to snap a pic of a rude attendant and post performance reviews of them to warn other passengers when it's best to just sit down, shut up and hold on.
What a joke this airline has become.
Callitlikeiseeit

Santa Clara, CA

#21 Apr 6, 2015
Still sitting at the gate in Oakland (25 minutes late)!due to a paperwork mixup.. Really that's the best they have?
Rich Girl

Manassas, VA

#22 Apr 6, 2015
Do you want to date a millionaire? Then www.wealthyfishes.com was designed with you in mind.There is no better place for :) successful people :) interested in meeting other millionaires. Meet Local Millionaires TODAY and connect with hundreds of thousands singles like you now!
billw

Northampton, MA

#23 Apr 9, 2015
The fact that this forum exists says everything. SW truly does suck. Aside from all other crappy service noted by others, they confuse bad humor and singing with customer service. New rule, if you can't make it as a comedian or singer no one wants to hear your crap while you're working as a waiter/waitress on the shittiest airline in what has become a shitty industry. So don't try to sing or tell jokes -- you can't or you wouldn't be in crappy situation you find yourself. Rather, be respectful and helpful when a customer has legitimate issues caused by your crappy employer. Better yet, find a better job.
AWA
#24 Apr 9, 2015
Southwest rocks!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Beverly Hills Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 3 hr HERE COMES DA JUDGE 20,110
Private College Admissions Counselling 7 hr College Concierge... 1
Ripple Effect Management Adds Two More Managers... 17 hr debra 2
Looking at vinyl replacement windows in Los Ang... (Jan '09) 21 hr jenny 350
Inglewood Jukebox (Oct '14) Thu Musikologist 3
My Newest Original Writing or Essay - "Slave Cl... Wed Patricia_McGurk 1
Democracy Symphony - My Newest Work (Still in P... Aug 25 Patricia_McGurk 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Beverly Hills Mortgages