Urs 4Ever

United States

#41 Dec 2, 2008
I Love Ashley Ann Mercer And Will Always RIP Baby AJ
MoonLight

New Bern, NC

#42 Dec 4, 2008
My Heart Goes Out To The Mercer Family....I am very sorry. Please please do not rumor about people you do not know personally. People you shun and did not take the time to know...the boyfriend is an amazing guy who loved Ashley more than anything in the world. There is not a day that goes by he does not shed a tear, doodles her name into objects, is in his thoughts 24/7, in his dreams as he closes his eye. You always know when he's thinking of her for he gets quiet turns his head away from you and sheds a tear, whom, I know for a fact has a shattered heart and aches every second of the day. A great guy whom I have had the pleasure to know. A guy that loves people unconditionally. I am honored to know him and am sorry I didn't get to know the love of his life...Ashley Mercer (R.I.P). Read and get to know the real person....for he to has lost and in pain. Take Care My Friend. I Love You and I Am Deeply Sorry. You're In My Heart...Always.
MoonLight

New Bern, NC

#43 Dec 4, 2008
My Heart Goes Out To The Mercer Family...I am sorry. Please, please get to know someone before we comment about them. The boyfriend is a kind and gentle person. Someone who cries for his love everyday, thinks of her in every moment, when he closes his eyes she is all he sees,he doodles,writes, and does art work of her name on everything. He is someone that you can tell when he is caught up in the moment of thinking of her...he turns his head away from you and you see a tear running down his face. She was the love of his life, his world his every being. His heart is torn and broken into so many pieces and being rejected and pushed away saddens him and pains him even more. His head aches and his heart longs for her. He is a guy that is so sweet and loves people unconditionally. Someone who I am proud and honored to know. I am sorry I didn't get to know Ashley and that such a tragedy has happened. When someone you love is lost...you hurt to the core of your soul, you spirit, and your heart, you get frustrated and angry and you ask, "why?" Then we take our anger out on people we have pushed away from us, someone we never had/or let ourselves have the chance to really know. Get to know people...Ashley loved her boyfriend very much as he loved her even more. He to is going through this pain with a shattered heart. He truly is a wonderful person who and understand the pain and emotion of the anger you hold for him,but it was a tragic accident. One that you as parents, family,and friends of Ashley's will have pain aches and thoughts with tears because you hold her in your hearts. Come together it is something that others have gone through as well and who understand,but please come together. Pass through the hate and blame and come in as love as she had for all of you. I am very honored to know him. You would be to as she was happy to love him.....Ashley (R.I.P) Baby Girl. I Love You All Even Though I Do Not Know You. Remember get to know people they may change your life for the better...think of how happy she would be to have everyone come together that she loved and cared for so deeply. Take Care..I Love You again I am honored to call you my friend..She Loves You and will never leave you. Always remember...Love One Another In Her Honor.
Here

Greenville, NC

#44 Dec 4, 2008
Amen.
just wondering

Fayetteville, NC

#45 Dec 16, 2008
good god the girl was drunk an thats that......
Waiting for JUSTICE

Carnesville, GA

#46 Dec 23, 2008
Please just bc someone can sign in and claim you didn't even know ASHLEY than maybey you don't know him so well either. If you are still around him maybe you should just call the sheriff dept. or better yet the NC State Burea of investigations. ASK them whether it was murder or and accident. Ask them how much make-up that had to use to cover her scars. ASK them don't tell us to stop rumors when they are facts. If he was a decent guy he would tell the TRUTH and bring the family closure. If he was a decent guy she would still BE ALIVE!! You make me question your motives, the family knows the truth all OF HER FAMILY!!!!!!!!!!
Only people that are fooled by him don't.
Quit reading this and talk to the NC State Bereau ask them what they found!!!!!!!!!! We can't say because we want JUSTICE!!!!!!!!!!
It has been over 8 weeks and her BDAY is coming up. I pray his heart is so convicted that he won't have rest till he tells the truth. I pray he continues to be haunted in his dreams until he tells the truth. She is saddened that he will not tell the truth so her family can rest. These are not rumors go ask for yourselves!!
DONT TAKE OUR WORDS FOR IT!!!!!!!! ASK!!!!!!!!!!
lms

Greenville, NC

#47 Dec 26, 2008
How about this...YOU LET THE PROFESSIONALS HANDLE IT, THATS WHAT THEY GET PAID FOR. I understand her family is under a lot of stress, but you certainly are not helping with all this CRAP thats being written. As it has been said before...LET ASHLEY REST!!!! All this BS isnt helping her family, you are only making it worse..good job.
dam shame

Fayetteville, NC

#48 Dec 29, 2008
how about we close this forum an let it rest you all are acting like fools ....
had 2 say it

Kinston, NC

#49 Dec 30, 2008
i know the both of them. i know him a little better than i knew her but i was around her alot also. he is really a great guy. they had their problem just like the rest of us but i really...truely...and honestly do not think that he could murder her. he loved her then and continues to love her now. if those of you who are writing all of these hateful words about him really knew him you would never say such words about someone so sweet...gentle...kind...carein g...funny... thoughtful........just a flat out good person. AJ...u r a wonderful person and please...please dont let this get to you. u are goin through enough as it is. we love you!!! RIP Ashley...we love you too!!!
Ashley

Manhattan, KS

#50 Jan 2, 2009
Smith wrote:
She had drank too much...
She does not even drink and she was on her way to work so u heard the wrong story... and trust me i am telling the truth i am one of her children the youngest
Ashley

Manhattan, KS

#51 Jan 2, 2009
just wondering wrote:
good god the girl was drunk an thats that......
SHE WAS NOT DRUNK LIKE THAT PERSON SAID ASK BEFORE U OPEN UP UR MOUTH AND LOOK STUPID FOR NOT KONWING THE FACTS!!!!!!!!!!
to you

Greenville, NC

#53 Jan 5, 2009
Ashley wrote:
<quoted text>
She does not even drink and she was on her way to work so u heard the wrong story... and trust me i am telling the truth i am one of her children the youngest
You must have the wrong Ashley, b/c at 19 I am pretty sure she didnt have any kids...

Since: Jan 09

Location hidden

#54 Jan 18, 2009
blake wallace wrote:
to the public please lets not discuss anything here that we are not able to testify in court over an by the way sheriffs deputy MICHEAL TYNDAL HAS BEEN CAUGHT breeding JASON BROCK WHILE ON DUTY THEY WILL BE REPREMANDED,,,,,,,,
You are RETARDED!
not important

Angier, NC

#55 Feb 19, 2009
for all of those that think you know aj so well and think that he is such a good person here is a question that i want to ask all of you. if he was such a good person then why did the duplin county sherrifs dept pick him up tonight with charges of 1st degree murder, sexual assualt, and kidnapping. answer me that. and how do i know that they picked him up. i seen it
HER FAMILY

Cleveland, GA

#56 Feb 20, 2009
not important wrote:
for all of those that think you know aj so well and think that he is such a good person here is a question that i want to ask all of you. if he was such a good person then why did the duplin county sherrifs dept pick him up tonight with charges of 1st degree murder, sexual assualt, and kidnapping. answer me that. and how do i know that they picked him up. i seen it
PRAISE GOD
GOD IS REAL
Because without God AJ would have already had justice her family had to wait for justice and it was not easy so many times there were thoughts of taking care of it ourselves.
For all of those who thought like above comment I pray now that you will be careful who you hang out with GOD IS SO GOOD!!
IN HIS TIMING!!
HAPPY 4 JUSTICE

Cleveland, GA

#57 Feb 20, 2009
had 2 say it wrote:
i know the both of them. i know him a little better than i knew her but i was around her alot also. he is really a great guy. they had their problem just like the rest of us but i really...truely...and honestly do not think that he could murder her. he loved her then and continues to love her now. if those of you who are writing all of these hateful words about him really knew him you would never say such words about someone so
sweet...gentle...kind...carein g...funny... thoughtful........just a flat out good person. AJ...u r a wonderful person and please...please dont let this get to you. u are goin through enough as it is. we love you!!! RIP Ashley...we love you too!!!
HOPING YOUR EYES ARE OPEN NOW!
not important

Angier, NC

#58 Feb 20, 2009
i hope they stick it to him as hard as they posibly can. he deserves everything that happens to him and more. i hope he suffers in jail
memyself and i

Concord, NC

#59 Feb 20, 2009
Wondering wrote:
Hey everyone...does anybody know what happened to her? My prayers are with the family. All i heard was that she was found in the back of a car...if you know anything let me know
AJ smith was picked up last night for the murder of ashley mercer
Penuel and Mercer Family

Angier, NC

#60 Feb 22, 2009
It has been a hard four months. Knowing that the person responsible has finally been arrested makes the pain a little more tolerable, but the pain will never go away. Ashley was a wonderful person. She may have had some problems, but what teenager doesn't. I didn't get a chance to know her very well but what I do know is that she was a very kind, generous person who loved her Mom, her StepDad and her Dad as well. Ashley will never get a chance to get married, have children or watch them grow up. She was taken from us way too early. We can only hope and pray that she will finally be able to rest in peace knowing that the person responsible will pay for what he's done. I think the saddest part of all of this, besides loosing Ashley, is knowing that the last person she saw was the person she loved and trusted the most, AJ Smith. It's sad to think about what he put her through in the last moments of her life. We love you Ashley. We always have and always will. We hope that you can finally rest in peace.

Since: Jan 09

Location hidden

#61 Feb 22, 2009
Copied from Jacksonville Daily News:

A Duplin County man charged with murder told authorities he killed his victim because she bit him while performing oral sex.

Anthony Nay Smith, Jr., 25, of 452 Church Road in Pink Hill, was charged Thursday by the Duplin County Sheriff's Department with first-degree murder, first-degree sexual offense, and first-degree kidnapping in the death of 19-year-old Ashley Ann Mercer.

Shortly after midnight on Oct. 19, 2008, Duplin County Sheriff's deputies responded to 452 Church Road in Pink Hill where they found Mercer unresponsive in her car.

Authorities said the toes on one of her feet had been worn off, like she had been dragged a long distance over pavement.

Witnesses told investigators that Smith had brought her to the house. Efforts by deputies and emergency workers to resuscitate Mercer were unsuccessful.

The Duplin County Sheriff's Department and the N.C. State Bureau of Investigation launched an immediate investigation into Mercer's death. They collected evidence and interviewed several witnesses, including Smith.

The medical examiner completed a report last week.

Authorities said Smith was interviewed again and said Mercer had bitten him while practicing oral sex, so he held her nose until she passed out. Mercer also said the backdoor of Mercer's car was open when he drove her to 452 Church Road and her leg was hanging out.

"After consulting with Sheriff Wallace, his investigators, and agents within the North Carolina State Bureau of Investigation, I determined that the charges should be drawn," said Dewey Hudson, the district attorney for the 4th Prosecutorial District, which includes Onslow County.

Beulaville resident Carol Normile, a co-worker of Smith's, said he was "a fine, hard working and compassionate young man."

Normile said Smith and Mercer had been dating for seven years and he is the one who called 911 the night Mercer died.

Smith is scheduled for a first appearance before a Duplin County District Court Judge on Monday.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Beulaville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Turkey woman facing drug, forgery charges (Sep '06) Sep 4 Marlene K 3
Election Who do you support for Sheriff in North Carolin... (Oct '10) Sep 1 PiperG 14
Loud boom Aug '17 Firefly 2226 1
need help Aug '17 hopingtorelocate 1
News Bond set for felon caught in manhunt (Apr '12) Jul '17 Freemyuncle 3
Pink Hill Music Thread (Nov '13) Jun '17 Musikologist 9
Election Who do you support for U.S. House in North Caro... (Oct '10) May '17 Cheated 14

Beulaville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Beulaville Mortgages