Note to the Sundancers: there are rules in Park City - The Park Record

Full story: Park Record 28
City Hall has posted on its website a wide-ranging rundown of municipal rules and regulations that are important to people preparing to hold activities during the upcoming Sundance Film Festival, an attempt to inform outsiders of what can be tight restrictions on a variety of goings-on during the festival. Full Story
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Townie

Draper, UT

#21 Jan 15, 2011
Why do continue to think this is about me? I have no "need" for Sundance. I just point out that there are choices that our government makes and you have the ability to make your voice heard other than complaining on this Board. I'm sure there are things that you do and like that I would vote against. Why don't you run for office and make a positive change? Part of the solution or part of the problem?
Bobert Bedford

Salt Lake City, UT

#22 Jan 15, 2011
I like the way everyone throws their cigarette butts on the street. It's not bad enough to stink up the beautiful fresh air, you gotta litter too.
Park City

South Jordan, UT

#23 Jan 16, 2011
Bobert Bedford wrote:
I like the way everyone throws their cigarette butts on the street. It's not bad enough to stink up the beautiful fresh air, you gotta litter too.
Cig butts and Dog poop, not just the butts, there is trash thrown everywhere.
Steve

Ogden, UT

#24 Jan 16, 2011
Townie wrote:
Why do continue to think this is about me? I have no "need" for Sundance. I just point out that there are choices that our government makes and you have the ability to make your voice heard other than complaining on this Board. I'm sure there are things that you do and like that I would vote against. Why don't you run for office and make a positive change? Part of the solution or part of the problem?
Townie I am not qualified to run for political office, I have no criminal record and Im an Independent.
Townie

Park City, UT

#25 Jan 18, 2011
Steve wrote:
<quoted text>
Townie I am not qualified to run for political office, I have no criminal record and Im an Independent.
That's what I thought, no courage of your convictions. You would rather be a back bench bomb thrower than stand up for some undescribed rights you say you have lost. There's a word for people like that: coward.
Digthat

Centerville, UT

#26 Jan 18, 2011
Steve wrote:
Sad is a "committed citizen" who is perfectly willing to sacrifice his neighbors quality of life for their own needs.
Steve, you do not have a "right" to not be temporarily inconvenienced by festival crowds or traffic, or other things which may slightly annoy you. Nor do any of the hundreds of millions of people who live near places that have festivals from time to time. Deal with it, like everyone else does. "Rights" are reserved for things which are a little more serious than finding a good parking spot at the grocery store. You do have the right to cry about it like a little baby.
Steve

Ogden, UT

#27 Jan 20, 2011
Digthat wrote:
<quoted text>
Steve, you do not have a "right" to not be temporarily inconvenienced by festival crowds or traffic, or other things which may slightly annoy you. Nor do any of the hundreds of millions of people who live near places that have festivals from time to time. Deal with it, like everyone else does. "Rights" are reserved for things which are a little more serious than finding a good parking spot at the grocery store. You do have the right to cry about it like a little baby.
Using the same logic that means that no one in Park City has the "right" to stop the MIDA project either
Digthat

Heber City, UT

#28 Jan 20, 2011
Actually, the same logic would dictate that those who want to stop the MIDA project have to right to petition the government for redress of grievances. In other words, they can cry about it all they want, and power to them.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Beulah Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Review: Bear Lodge Motel Sep 24 deep water 1
test (Dec '13) Dec '13 test 1
Butch Cassidy, My Uncle: Book Signing at Wind R... (Sep '13) Sep '13 Butch Jones YBI 3
Jobs (Apr '13) Apr '13 Resist The Tyranny 1
looking for feed back on my new website (Jun '12) Jun '12 The Robinson Brot... 1
shakers bar and grill (Jun '08) Aug '08 Lauren 2
Beulah Dating
Find my Match

Beulah Jobs

Beulah People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Beulah News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Beulah

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]