Local Girl Dies from Staph Infection

Local Girl Dies from Staph Infection

There are 11 comments on the NewsChannel5.com Nashville story from Mar 23, 2009, titled Local Girl Dies from Staph Infection. In it, NewsChannel5.com Nashville reports that:

An 11-year-old girl died this weekend from a confirmed case of staph infection. Letters went home last week warning parents that Kristin Hunter, a student at North Sumner Elementary in Bethpage, had contracted the infection.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at NewsChannel5.com Nashville.

CatWild Ashland City Tn

Murfreesboro, TN

#1 Mar 23, 2009
Tragic loss.... My heart goes out to the parents and family members of this child.
Many prayers sent.........

“Knowledge comes-wisdom lingers”

Since: Feb 09

Location hidden

#2 Mar 23, 2009
My Sympathy to the family and friends ... God Bless her ...

Since: Mar 08

Smyrna TN

#3 Mar 23, 2009
Very sad. Thoughts and prayers to the family
desilouray

Cedar Hill, TN

#4 Mar 23, 2009
MY thoughts and prayers go out to this poor girls family.
My child goes to this school as well, and while the school is saying that they have cleaned, I can tell you that over the past few years that my child has went to school there has been quit a few confirmed cases of MRSA at this school, I'm not sure if it's just the area or what!
Angela

Jacksonville, NC

#5 Mar 23, 2009
My Heart goes out to her Family may she rest in the arms of our Lord Jesus. My 3 year old had MRSA in Aug. 2008 (she was 2 then). I was changing her diaper and saw what I thought was a boil or little pimple, after a few days of watching it I became concerned because my Mother gets them and has had to goto the hospital to lance them. It took our Dr. a week before he would hospitalize her once she couldn't walk anymore I couldn't wait. Then the surgery came It is so heartbreaking watching your 2yr. get sliced open to drain the infection but if she hadn't she would have died.She has a horrible scar and now everytime we goto the Dr. she's afraid she will have to stay, at least she is with us,so I can live with the scar.Again I am so sorry and may you rest knowing she is safe now.
Jason Moss

Franklin, TN

#6 Mar 23, 2009
Bless their hearts. And I pray that They are lifted up in God and are able to get thru this.
Kathy Herod

Buford, GA

#7 Mar 23, 2009
So sorry to hear about the loss of this sweet little girl. The family is in our prayers.
jmf

Gallatin, TN

#8 Mar 23, 2009
I know the family is heartbroken and my prays are with the family. I know all the little kids in the school will miss her and I'm sure some may be scared. It is a sad thing that has happened.
justwonderingout loud

Goodlettsville, TN

#9 Mar 23, 2009
Wow, tragic. The family has to be devastated.

I think I'll go hug my kids
Sierra

Hendersonville, TN

#10 Mar 23, 2009
Kristen was my friend.I went to school with her.She had many friends.This morning when I went to school half the the fifth grade were crying. We miss her.She'll be missed by friends, family,and others.
Savannah whiticker

Hendersonville, TN

#11 Mar 23, 2009
im sorry about the los of my sisters friend!! I know its hard for abunch of relatives and friends!!
i knew her but she didnt know me!!She had the kindest friends!!She was the nicest of them all!!Lets pray for the 11 yr. old Kristen Hunter!! She is now in a better place!!! heaven is a beautiful place and she will like it there

North Sumner T.N

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Bethpage Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
President Trump 13 hr Nonsense 4
Chelsea Morgan 22 hr Howdy 4
david wayne comer (May '12) 22 hr Curious 9
Amanda and David Comer (Feb '09) 22 hr Curious 2
Amanda Cowan Blythe??? 22 hr Curious 1
News Woman Charged For Relationship With 16-Year-Old (Feb '09) Thu Brenda 65
Has the County Attorney committed Serious Crime... Thu Shaman 11

Bethpage Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance