Worst Eagles Boys Basketball Coach
Uncle kracker

United States

#22 Feb 10, 2013
Vincent was.the middle school coach for years. I played for him back in the mid 90s. Hell of a temper but great coach. Graves was the hs coach when I played. Only problemwas he was more like on of the guys verses a coach but still taught us alot.
Keith

Hendersonville, TN

#23 Feb 10, 2013
Had Vincent when I got hurt. Graves was like little kid
Fan

Canton, OH

#24 Mar 4, 2013
What was the Boys record this year?
Huhhhhhh

Lafayette, TN

#25 Mar 5, 2013
Very disappointing considering the talent that sat on the bench and the coach wouldnt play them.
Fan

Canton, OH

#26 Mar 6, 2013
Huhhhhhh wrote:
Very disappointing considering the talent that sat on the bench and the coach wouldnt play them.
That sound just like the boys program I've grown to loath!
Billy g

Westmoreland, TN

#27 Mar 18, 2013
Jason
Soccer in westmoreland

Hendersonville, TN

#28 Apr 1, 2013
What is graves all time soccer record. What does he know about soccer. What could he teach you
Soccer in westmoreland

Hendersonville, TN

#29 Apr 1, 2013
Heard he has won 1 game in 3 years.
Former Player

Scottsville, KY

#30 Apr 2, 2013
Which Graves are you asking about? One coaches soccer and helps with football and basketball. One coaches basketball and golf and helps with soccer. As for an all-time record, you might wait until there has been a little more 'time' before you ask that. The program has only been around for four years. The first year wasn't even varsity level. They played only JV. The team is still young and competes against schools with teams that have been playing for much longer - some even decades. Westmoreland has no soccer feeder programs other than the rec-league, which does a good job for the kids in Westmoreland, but can't compete with established programs who send kids to high school having played years of AAU level and travel soccer. It may take a long time to develop a strong program. After reading some of the posts from this thread, I am wondering what's the purpose? From what I can tell, the two coaches mentioned have simply tried to work with the kids in Westmoreland, but they get bashed if they don't always have a winning record. I'm pretty sure, for the most part, if you talked to people who have played, whether they had a winning record or not, they are glad they competed and were in the best shape of their lives and developed chararcter that sometimes can only be developed through sports. Salute the coaches for working hard and trying. Some things are out of their control.
Westmoreland mental state

Hendersonville, TN

#31 Apr 8, 2013
Really. In real life if you lose you are homeless and don't get fed. You job is to teach kids to win. If you always lose. You are not doing your job. This get just wants to hang out. He has a losing record in every sport he coaches. You might want your kid to be a loser, but I will not let my kid settle for losing.
Super kicker

Hendersonville, TN

#32 Apr 8, 2013
This guy is right. If you lose at your job in real world. YOU LOSE YOUR JOB
Former Player

Scottsville, KY

#33 Apr 8, 2013
Unfortunately, some of you define winning by team's/coach's record. You should research some well-known names, in athletics, entertainment, and the field of science, and you might be surprised to learn they didn't always 'win'. Suppose there is never a winning record in Westmoreland soccer. Have the players really lost? It's a sport, not a way of life. People are able to learn from loss if they so choose. These young men are out practicing and playing their games instead of lying around. They are working together as a team to try to improve their skills. Some of them may be learning self-control while others are learning hard work and determination. By the way, most high school coaches are hired to teach an academic class. Coaching is secondary to give the students options. I don't think these kids are losers because they are actively working toward a goal. Thinking that kids are losers because they don't have a winning record or that the coach should lose his job is all wrong. I'm not saying society should pat a kid on the back and say good job for every little thing, but calling the kids and the coach losers for their hard work is sad.
Super kicker

United States

#34 Apr 9, 2013
What a dumb ace
Fan

Canton, OH

#35 Apr 9, 2013
How the administration lets B Graves coach anything, is beyond my understanding! He may be Westmorelands worst coach ever!
Dunk king

Hendersonville, TN

#36 Apr 14, 2013
They have 4 fingers up there ace. They don't know what a winner is. They settle for losing. It's there way of life. Get a perry to coach and you would have winners.
Ace perry

Nashville, TN

#37 Apr 19, 2013
You are right. A perry would make any team a winner. So we're the legend graves got beat 9 to 0 and said in the paper that the played well. Really.
Curious

Scottsville, KY

#38 Apr 20, 2013
Ace perry wrote:
You are right. A perry would make any team a winner. So we're the legend graves got beat 9 to 0 and said in the paper that the played well. Really.
In which paper did the coach say this? What I read was -

Eagle head coach Bryan Graves said,“They're good. Our boys need to see this. It's tough playing against it. They're fast. They handle the ball. Everything happens quick. How fast they close on you is impressive. We're not ready to handle that yet, but they need to see that and play against it.”
Bubba gump

Nashville, TN

#39 Apr 20, 2013
He reminds me of bubba gump.
Fan

Antioch, TN

#40 Apr 28, 2013
If you kid plays any sport Bryan Graves is coaching, remove your child immediately!

Vincent screwed a bunch of kids when he turned the program over to a crack azz!
Sports fan

Westmoreland, TN

#41 Apr 29, 2013
the softball is in the same shape, have you saw how the program has went down still it started @ WHS?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Bethpage Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Aja roth (Dec '14) 1 hr Kelsey 16
News Judge Byrd reprimanded in Wilson County case (Feb '08) 5 hr dsun 190
Tony Farley a Grandpa What do you think? (Jan '11) 7 hr Just wondering 15
Tri County Electric Prices 7 hr sure 2
Trousdale Turner Correctional Center 9 hr Jenny 63
Sammie Blackwell 15 hr BALLSAK 2
Candyland closed for business 18 hr Discreet male 8

Bethpage Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance