Newsday.com - Long Island News - Nassau County and Suffolk County

Full story: Newsday

A Levittown man was arrested Thursday for allegedly spraying mace in the face of a teenager in an apparent case of road rage on Hempstead Turnpike in Bethpage last month, Nassau police said Friday.
Comments
1 - 20 of 23 Comments Last updated Jun 23, 2010
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Tinker

Bronx, NY

#3 Feb 9, 2007
What a fool. Just a total fool.

Since: Jan 07

Wantagh, NY

#5 Feb 9, 2007
clutch.
Mark

Scotch Plains, NJ

#6 Feb 9, 2007
He needs to spend a few months in a cell for this stunt.
Hammy

Bronx, NY

#7 Feb 9, 2007
He sprayed the guy from his mini cooper ? What were the the other people driving, a matchbox car or a hot-wheels ?
annie

AOL

#8 Feb 9, 2007
Long Island is becoming a REAL DUMP to live in.
A real Dump !!!
Wolff J Flywheel

Lexington, NC

#9 Feb 9, 2007
It would be nice that should the defendent be found guilty, the judge allows the victim to take 10 of his best shots with an aluminum baseball bat on the Mini Cooper - hit the idiot where he lives.
Jeffrey

Jupiter, FL

#10 Feb 9, 2007
The details in this story are scant. I would not judge the man who sprayed the mace until I knew whether the others had threatened him.

If he, say, got cut off and then pursued the other car to spray the mace, then yeah he should be charged. I'd like to see more details in stories like this, or perhaps they just should not be published. Either that, or make CERTAIN to follow up when more is known.(But newspapers hardly ever do that unless the story is REALLY big.)
Rick

New Canaan, CT

#11 Feb 9, 2007
The story is accurate. I know the victim would love to see Thomas do some time for this. The guy must have some serious problems spraying a 16 year old boy in the face with mase.
one who knows

New Canaan, CT

#12 Feb 18, 2007
Rick wrote:
The story is accurate. I know the victim would love to see Thomas do some time for this. The guy must have some serious problems spraying a 16 year old boy in the face with mase.
you spell it mace.. and if you were not there you have no idea if the story is true.. by the way i checked and the charges where dismissed..makes you think not all was as it seemed.
chippy

AOL

#13 Feb 22, 2007
my son grew up with thomas cicero, and a better friend for my son could never be found.......thomas is a wonderful young man, and id be proud to call him son, anyday.
Peacefulj

Jupiter, FL

#14 Mar 2, 2007
We get 12-year-olds doing carjackings, rapes, murders... what does being 16 years old have to do with anything, as though a 16-year-old can't possibly ever do harm to someone? Why throw out the age as though it's some sort of statement that he must be just a harmless widdle-boy?
joe

Bellerose, NY

#15 Mar 22, 2007
tom is ex nypd
he was fired
the one who really knows

New Canaan, CT

#16 May 17, 2007
one who knows wrote:
<quoted text>
you spell it mace.. and if you were not there you have no idea if the story is true.. by the way i checked and the charges where dismissed..makes you think not all was as it seemed.
the charges were not dismissed
the one who really knows

New Canaan, CT

#17 May 17, 2007
the charges were not dismissed
Knowing bc i was there

New Canaan, CT

#18 May 19, 2007
one who knows wrote:
<quoted text>
Thomas Ciero's case of assaulting the 16 year old was not dismissed...so get you facts straight...how would you now anyway ...were you sitting in the county court house for 9 hours straight on the 17th..dont think so... so "one who knows " from levittown..u dont know all that much ..now do you?
Interested

Greenwich, CT

#19 Jun 12, 2007
Are there any updates on this case - are they going to trial?
Witness

New Canaan, CT

#20 Aug 19, 2007
yea they are going to trial... i heard cicero is most like gunna b gettin probation for 2 years
One who knows

Hicksville, NY

#22 Oct 14, 2009
Wow it's been a long time but I followed up! Turns out the case was dismissed! The supposed victim is now on probation for assault! Funny how the truth is not always as it seems!
One who knows

Hicksville, NY

#23 Oct 14, 2009
joe wrote:
tom is ex nypd
he was fired
do you know this for a fact? If so how?
SeeYa

Newark, NJ

#25 Feb 9, 2010
Still proud Chippy?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Bethpage Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Review: Secrets Secrets (Jul '13) 8 hr Deborah 19
Review: Perfecto Remodel Corporation 8 hr Cricket1 1
posted a communication 13 hr The Truth! 3
Swift Named Principal at Our Lady of Lourdes (Aug '09) 16 hr Bruser 2,284
Cutting of pastor's role called 'vindictive' (Oct '08) 16 hr Bruser 7,877
Rents for affordable housing apartments that ar... 19 hr Wolfhawk46 1
NY Who do you support for Comptroller in New York ... (Oct '10) 20 hr Austrian Expat 439
•••

Bethpage News Video

•••
Bethpage Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Bethpage Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••