Restaurant will bring the seashore to...

Restaurant will bring the seashore to the Valley

There are 24 comments on the The Morning Call story from Oct 14, 2007, titled Restaurant will bring the seashore to the Valley. In it, The Morning Call reports that:

For those who never thought of Slatington as a dinner destination, life is about to change.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Morning Call.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
lorrie

Springtown, PA

#1 Dec 15, 2007
While dinning the staff was very nice. The Fisherman's combo was well made. The rib combo with shimp was ok,except the ribs were undercooked, but edible. The place is nice but for the cost of dinner, they should either lower the prices just a little or put nice linens and real glasses on the tables to complete the higher end atmosphere.
We were wondering

Stroudsburg, PA

#2 Dec 15, 2007
lorrie wrote:
While dinning the staff was very nice. The Fisherman's combo was well made. The rib combo with shimp was ok,except the ribs were undercooked, but edible. The place is nice but for the cost of dinner, they should either lower the prices just a little or put nice linens and real glasses on the tables to complete the higher end atmosphere.
My husband and I were wondring about this restaurant. One time we drove by and there were a lot of cars there. Lately when we have been driving by the parking lot has only had a few cars there. It doesn't look like this place is doing too good. Thanks for sharing your experience.
Dont_waste_your_ time

Bethlehem, PA

#3 Apr 9, 2008
Worked at the Lighthouse grille. The owner is a complete jerk. He was paying me 4.50 an hour under the table and making me SLAVE for it. He threw bags of fries at me and called me a worth peice of sh*t to my face the day I quit (or got fired). I had a few "words" (if that is what you want to call them) with him and walked out on him in the middle of my shift because he treats his workers like crap. Plus from mnost of the Lehigh valley its not a very fuel friendly drive. slatington has no wealth anymore. the place doesn't even have that good of food and is over priced as far as I'm concerned
Dont_waste_your_ time

Bethlehem, PA

#4 Apr 9, 2008
He had business when he gets "bands" usually its a 1 or 2 man act. He also over charges for alcohol. I havn't been there since february and just found this article but its seriously not worth your time (But HEY! Try it out for yourself) on the spot The Fishermans Combo up there was horrible compared to the Seafood Combo of Spring Valley Inn (In Upper Saucon Township) Its the same thing but Spring Valley will give you a much better product everyday all day.
Over the Mountain

Stroudsburg, PA

#5 Apr 9, 2008
It sure looks like this ship is going to sink. In fact, it appears to be sinking for some months now.
lynda

Newton, NJ

#6 Apr 11, 2008
we have eaten at the Lighthouse Grille" twice and were disappointed both times-the crab soup is great and should be at 6.00-8.00 a bowl.
Quite frankly the atmosphere is cold, service not the best-inexperienced wait staff, food is overpriced for the area and they have the smallest parking spaces I have ever seen.
There is nothing special about the food and people in the area who have eaten there give it a thumbs "down"-very very overpriced and food nothing special.
Krys

Kulpsville, PA

#7 Apr 16, 2008
Yah haven't heard anything good about this place.. Over priced and also heard from others that employees get treated like shit..
mom

Slatington, PA

#8 Apr 19, 2008
A friend of mine went here! I was told that for the price they paid for their dinners they were expecting some great service & food! If I'm going to pay $20 /meal for seafood I'll drive into the L.Valley & eat @ a restaurant that "LOOKS" the part & serves out of this world dishes with fabulous service! Someone didn't do their research before sinking $$ into this venture in my own opinion!
been there

Hazleton, PA

#9 Apr 19, 2008
It was awful. The food was terrible and the decor is totally tacky... Never again.You can't compare this to any seafood house at the shore./ Any of the shores.......
Over the Mountain

Stroudsburg, PA

#10 Apr 19, 2008
You can get a good meal at The Galley, in the Wind Gap area. The service and food are excellent. Prices are reasonable. It is off Rt.512, you make a right turn at the light.
x employee

Bethlehem, PA

#11 Jul 14, 2008
Don't waste your time... The food & Drinks are wayyyyyy over priced.. The Place is dirty, the kitchen is disgusting.. The owner is a totally a**hole.. Try working there and find this out.. Save yourself ALOT of money and go someplace else!!

Since: Jul 08

Slatington

#12 Jul 14, 2008
CONTACT ME!! Maybe we can get something done.. I walked out also... email me here and i'll send yah my contact info!! [email protected]
Tim n Beth

Morrisville, PA

#14 Jul 14, 2008
We've been subject to their food twice....NEVER AGAIN save your money! We had the worst stale roll for the dried out chicken sand w/ cheese and FF which cost ten bucks and was not edible, the jerk chicken was not good except for the honey mustard sauce the portion was smaller than something you would serve to a child, chicken also dried up. Drink prices were outrageous and have been known to change on a whim! We've tried their food twice and can we say GROSS!!!! The waitress was sweet and pleasant however left due to the horrible things said to her and fellow employees by and a--hole of a boss:( Who by the way does glare at patrons and employees through his little window like he's waiting for an employee to make a mistake! What a d---head! Who in their right mind would ever remain working for someone like that he should be reported!!!! Hopefully he will have to sell his business to someone who knows how to run it, and most importantly treats his employees with respect and make patrons feel welcome and not like they are trespassing on his property!
Congrats to all the ex-employees who got the hell out of there, I hope you all told him off on your way out! Best of luck to you all getting a much better job, they are out there!
It is such a shame because we were freally hoping this would be an awesome place to go for food and entertainment, unfortunately it's NOT!!!!
Save your money and STAY AWAY from the lighthouse grille in Slatington, PA!

Slatington

#15 Jul 14, 2008
Tim & Beth!!!! Where you the ones there last night??????
Short Lived Employee

Quentin, PA

#16 Jul 14, 2008
Hello. As being an experienced server and working there for 2 short days. I can not say I did not see this coming. In 2 days I saw enough drama unfolding I never went back. Good luck to all involved there. Food is small portions & drinks are over priced. Nobody there has any idea h ow to run a restaurant.
Tim n Beth

Hellertown, PA

#17 Jul 15, 2008
No sorry we were not in there the other night. We stopped going there after Megan quit. Only went the second time because of her. NEVER AGAIN YUCK!!!!! Who in this day and age has money to throw away for a gross meal that is disgustingly overpriced? Then on top of it be glared at or watch the wait staff be glared at and walking on egg shells cuz' of the d---head owner! There are too many good places to go eat at stay away from the Lighthouse Grille!
Tim n Beth

Hellertown, PA

#18 Jul 15, 2008
x employee wrote:
CONTACT ME!! Maybe we can get something done.. I walked out also... email me here and i'll send yah my contact info!! [email protected]
All of you ex employees should get together and have a free consult with a lawyer to file a civil suit against him for his demeaning treatment of you! Noone deserves to be treated like that!
Bugs Bunny

Kutztown, PA

#19 Jul 15, 2008
It seems that the more ex employees he has, the worse the conitions are going to get and he will be forced out of business. What is the Owner's name, if you dont mind telling everyone??
Is the food really that bad??
How much is a bottle of coor's light or a seven and seven??
Ralphy boy

Kutztown, PA

#20 Jul 17, 2008
My girlfriend and I ate there about a month ago and I was so turned off by the "pretend to be at the shore" fakeness of the place I would never go there again. I only had shrimp scampi and It's nearly impossible to screw that up...you can make it in the microwave! I ate it, and she had a salad.
We did hear some screaming coming from the back from the kitchen and foul language and stuff..

Slatington

#21 Jul 17, 2008
The Owner is RON STAUFFER he also owns Bethlehem Doors & windows or something... 7 & 7 would run yah about 5.00.. I know a jack & Coke was 5.25...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Bethlehem Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 5 min Jimmy 1,620,824
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 14 min weapon X 318,383
News Secret Symphony exhibit in Allentown explores t... 21 hr Newt G s Next Rel... 1
News Woman caught in compromising position outside Wawa (Sep '16) Sat Richard Kranium 4
Instagram video of school girls yelling 'f--k n... Fri Tyler 2
News Arizona sex offender convicted in child ruse ca... (Apr '09) Oct 18 Desert Toad 4
News The Latest: Man defends question about US senat... Oct 16 weapon X 1

Bethlehem Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Bethlehem Mortgages