For everyone on topix in Granite falls

For everyone on topix in Granite falls

Posted in the Bethlehem Forum

Think Good Things

Black Mountain, NC

#1 Sep 12, 2012
As I read though these things on here It seems EVERYONE is always Negative. Can we please make this a Positive posting. Ill start.

Granite is NOT the perfect place to live but Im very happy with the town. We are lucky the town puts on the different things we have all year long. lets name them

Coming up is the

Festival on main. whats after that?

Dose granite falls do anything for Halloween?

then Christmas.
fall lover

Black Mountain, NC

#2 Sep 12, 2012
Dont think Granite Falls dose anything for Halloween.
New Perspective

Hickory, NC

#3 Sep 13, 2012
Nope, not for Halloween. The scare mongers (no pun intended) and churches pretty much did away with the door to door neighborhood thing. We used to get a ton of kids. Last few years you could have counted on one hand the kids that came trick or treating. Don't even think the town has a costume contest any longer.
abc

Simpsonville, SC

#4 Sep 13, 2012
kids do trick or treat still in granite but most of the time it is to churches and rich homes. i dont blame ppl for not taking kids door to door unless it is friends or family because there are to many crazy drug heads in GF
Selina

United States

#5 Sep 23, 2012
Granite Falls is a fabulous place to live. I love how you can walk around town. I think for its size it has a lot going on. I no longer live there but my parents get hundreds of trick or treaters. We always enjoy the tree lighting ceremony and the Christmas parade. I pretty much always feel safe in Granite Falls. The schools are nice, comparatively speaking. Everything is convient to Granite Falls...Hickory, Charlotte, the mountains. People are generally very friendly.
Agreed

Greenville, SC

#6 Sep 24, 2012
^^^Well said, Selina. Small town feel with all the bigger town amenities a short drive away. Downtown Granite Falls has been much improved over the last couple of years as well.
likeithere

Lenoir, NC

#7 Sep 24, 2012
I just recently moved back down to the area. It isn't on main street so to speak, but I love where I am. No aggrivation with fighting traffic, and no putting up with close neighbors. Granite Falls has my vote!
Curious

Conover, NC

#8 Nov 4, 2013
Christmas. Happenings????
Brenda

Lenoir, NC

#9 May 25, 2015
ive lived here all my life,moved away for 7 months to nashville and charlotte for my husband's job, I moved back nothing was like here its home and im not going anywhere else
BB Martin

Lenoir, NC

#10 Aug 4, 2016
Regarding trick-or-treating... my parents'neighborhood gets loads of trick or treaters, always have. At Christmas, there is the tree lighting ceremony. I don't understand Topix. It could be a great resource but instead it is filled with garbage and people more uneducated and brainless than I seriously knew was possible. I generally like my town and the people in it, but trolls always take over Topix to the point that it is nearly useless.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Bethlehem Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
How does MDI never have any job openings? (Feb '16) 59 min Persistent 2
Murdering society 16 hr Mike 3
Sex crimes and the police state 16 hr Mike 9
Prostitution at deluxe inn Mar 21 Ashabah 1
Satanic sexual society (Feb '16) Mar 21 Skippy 4
Emily Anderson continued #2 (Jan '06) Mar 17 Fart Sex 120
Husquvarna lawn mower (Jul '16) Jul '16 homerun1 1

Bethlehem Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance