Parents with emo and gothic children ?

Posted in the Bethlehem Forum

First Prev
of 26
Next Last

Since: Dec 08

Manteo, NC

#1 Dec 12, 2008
After dropping of my step son this morning I couldn't help but notice a small crowd of gothic kids and emo kids. What the h are parents thinking?
Gothic looks like devil worshipers and Emo kids are lmao just weird. Extremely tight girl pants on boys, black and metal belts, dyed black and pink long hair, black bracelets, weird shoes, weird shirts the list goes on and on. Some of these parents spare the rod too much.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Mcleod

Lenoir, NC

#2 Dec 12, 2008
You're referencing a style that has been around since the late 80's in the US and since the 70's in Great Britain. It's kind of cute actually, that kids still think they can shock the adults with their clothing choices....wait, they succeeded!

No doubt the world is full of bad parents, but pregnant cheerleaders are slightly more depressing than a few goth kids who could easily be Straight A students.

Manteo, NC

#3 Dec 12, 2008
Most of the emo kids that I know about are in to cutting themselves and thinking of suicide so I don't know which is worse both are bad. Another thing is I know that Goth people hate to be stared at or made fun of but they seem to ask for it. I will never understand but I wouldn't let my kids wear or act that way under any circumstances.
South caldwell parent

Morganton, NC

#4 Dec 12, 2008
I agree with logical i have a family member that likes the whole goth stuff and she has tried to cut her arm some.But it is her parents fault for not puttin a stop to it.And the only reason i know is cause i see both sides.I have kids and when we see boys with girl pants on that are tight at the legs and barley cover up there butt we can't do anything but laugh.I know it's wrong but why would you wanna put your self through that.I mean hell you gotta know it's coming.I for one would rather see a knocked up cheer leader than to see a emo kid. I think they should ban the boys from wearing the girl pant's.I don't even wanna think what it cause during school.Are these boys not sure of there man hood or do they just wanna see how small there junk is goth and emo's what a joke.

Manteo, NC

#5 Dec 13, 2008
South caldwell parent wrote:
I agree with logical i have a family member that likes the whole goth stuff and she has tried to cut her arm some.But it is her parents fault for not puttin a stop to it.And the only reason i know is cause i see both sides.I have kids and when we see boys with girl pants on that are tight at the legs and barley cover up there butt we can't do anything but laugh.I know it's wrong but why would you wanna put your self through that.I mean hell you gotta know it's coming.I for one would rather see a knocked up cheer leader than to see a emo kid. I think they should ban the boys from wearing the girl pant's.I don't even wanna think what it cause during school.Are these boys not sure of there man hood or do they just wanna see how small there junk is goth and emo's what a joke.
Well said and I was talking about South Caldwell btw it's a great school a bit over crowded. My son is only 14 he is a freshman he had a 14 yr old girlfriend from Hudson Middle her myspace friends were full of emo boys and skaters.
After they broke up in a couple of weeks the reason he told me he didn't like her anymore was because he saw her cut herself. We notified the parent and she was supposedly grounded. Yeah right was chatting on myspace and skating the next day.
Mcleod

Lenoir, NC

#6 Dec 13, 2008
South caldwell parent wrote:
I for one would rather see a knocked up cheer leader than to see a emo kid.
You're entitled to your opinion. But, you would rather see a young girl burdened with a child before she ever has a chance to become a successful young woman. Not to mention the poor child being raised by an immature (frontal lobes don't fully develop until age 18-22) girl, likely with no father figure and likely near the poverty level.

You would rather see that, than a kid that wears clothes that you don't like? Even if the kid is "cutting" for attention, it's hardly comparable. You should maybe think that through.
South caldwell parent

Morganton, NC

#7 Dec 14, 2008
I have thought it through and I still feel the same. And who say that a new lil baby will be a burden? And ask your self one question what was your mothers age when she was pregnant with you? Was it the 18 to 22 year age? Who says the knocked up cheer leader will be with out her mate. Our the child with out its father. And hell who doesn't live in poverty? I know plenty of women that have had kids and still become great women.Sounds like some stero type going on. And yes I would rather see ten pregnent girls than one goth or emo cutting there self. I mean {HELLO] they could kill there self by doing that. But i understand you didn't think it through before you wrote back. And yes you are right they are hardly comparable, you are talking about taking them out of this world and in talking about them bringing them in.
RIGHT ON SC parent

Morganton, NC

#8 Dec 14, 2008
I think you have hit the nail on the head. I just couldn't see why mcleod couldn't see thing's for what they are.Im not pushing for either one of these thing's to happen, but i would choose a new life before i would like to see one lost for ever. I believe that it is people like this that make these kids think it is ok to cut there selfs.
RIGHT ON SC parent

Morganton, NC

#9 Dec 14, 2008
Im with you i have two kids who go to south caldwell. And if thats the way they wanna dress its like they are looking for some one to say somthing to them. Then they wonder why people say stuff to them. I could fix all of this only wear black once a week and stop wearing your sisters pants. I could see if it's all they had to wear but most of these pants cost more than anyof the other top brands. And that store hot topics shold be shut down. That place gives me the creeps.
goth what

Morganton, NC

#10 Dec 14, 2008
Is this the people that wear the black bell bottoms that look like they are on steriods.And have all kinds of chains on them whats the reason for that? And i don't even think i wanna ask what a EMO is. OH i know now it's that thing of off star wars isn't it.
helloooooooooooo oooo

Hickory, NC

#11 Dec 14, 2008
Why don't you get to know the kids who are goth before you judge. Just because they are goth doesn't mean they cut their self,even a cheerleaders will cut if they need help. Most of the goth kids are really great kids and please remember some of the crazy things you did as a kid and some you still do as an adult. And yes I have three grown children,oldest a teacher,middle dental hygenist,and the third was at one time one of those skate boarders and goth,who at 21 goes to collage and works for a postal services.
watch it

Casar, NC

#12 Dec 14, 2008
Mcleod wrote:
<quoted text>
You're entitled to your opinion. But, you would rather see a young girl burdened with a child before she ever has a chance to become a successful young woman. Not to mention the poor child being raised by an immature (frontal lobes don't fully develop until age 18-22) girl, likely with no father figure and likely near the poverty level.
You would rather see that, than a kid that wears clothes that you don't like? Even if the kid is "cutting" for attention, it's hardly comparable. You should maybe think that through.
Who said that pregnant teenagers can't be successful? I have one in my USHistory HONORS class and she is doing just fine. And yes, people act like the father never stays around for the baby, but the father of her baby did. He tries to do all he can, and both parents are still in school and she only stayed out for a month and is catching up; so, watch it with what you say about them. But I agree with you on one part, I would rather not see either an emo kid or a pregnant teen.

Manteo, NC

#13 Dec 14, 2008
watch it wrote:
<quoted text>
Who said that pregnant teenagers can't be successful? I have one in my USHistory HONORS class and she is doing just fine. And yes, people act like the father never stays around for the baby, but the father of her baby did. He tries to do all he can, and both parents are still in school and she only stayed out for a month and is catching up; so, watch it with what you say about them. But I agree with you on one part, I would rather not see either an emo kid or a pregnant teen.
Why would I get to know them, they want negative attention or they wouldn't dress like that. Black,everything, make up , weird just weird.
I have no interest in making friends just wish they would have dress code or uniforms to put an end to this crap.
annon

Morganton, NC

#14 Dec 14, 2008
EMO is just the slang term for Emotional. The whole thing is just a way to gain negative attention because they hate life and are pissed off at everyone that surrounds them that actually enjoys life. That is what I make of it. I graduated from SC 5 years ago, and we didn't have that sort of thing when we were there. It seems it's a trend that has become prevalent over the last 4-5 years amongst kids who think life sucks and have become emotionally depressed and listen to depressing music about suicide and how life sucks and death etc... Who's to blame? Well for one I would start with parents, since it is their responsibility to make sure things like this don't take place. If you see a kid at the mall who is all dressed up in the extreme baggy pants, facial piercings, tattoos, black hair, makeup, tight pants, colorful shirts, etc.., and if you look at them or stare at them, they feel like your threatening them so they want to fight. They tend to hang out in large groups because they feel like they have more authority when they gang up. I think the whole thing is completely ignorant and people who try to defend it, are certainly part of the problem. When I was that age, I was doing something productive with my life, not walking around malls wearing girls clothing trying to instigate fights or flaunt my need for attention from everyone surrounding me. Ban the Emo music, enforce school uniforms, punish those who don't follow rule. Hell, every time I am out in public now days, I see so many kids who have no adult supervision, nor do they have and discipline. If they were my kids, I would bust that ass with a hickory switch or give them a fat lip.

A former Student

Manteo, NC

#15 Dec 14, 2008
Lol my thoughts exactly !!
OMG

Hickory, NC

#16 Dec 16, 2008
It's just clothes people! Sheesh. It's no different than cowboy boots or "ain't skeered" shirts or metal hair or 80's moccassins. If you would get out of Caldwell county long enough, you would see it's a trend. Give it a few more years; high school kids will have moved on to some other trend by then.

Manteo, NC

#17 Dec 16, 2008
More than clothes, it's attitude and weird. Standing around in school parking lot like a satanic cult. Disrespectful of others, loud mouths,and thriving for attention even if it's bad. Constantly looking for trouble. Cowboy boots or moccasins are no comparison. Trend has been around for quite some time. Screamo headbanging crap. Rednecks need to take care of business. Yee Haa I love the south.
OMG

Hickory, NC

#18 Dec 16, 2008
Yes, you're right. The emo kids are the ONLY highschool group that stands around in a school parking lot, running their mouths, seeking attention. I've never seen the preps, or jocks, or rednecks, or nerds, or bandies do that. Only the emo kids. Sheesh. And yes, that was sarcasm, m'lady.

I'm tired of seeing the re-hashed, Hot Topic, watered-down-punk, tight jeans on these kids. But it's just a trend. In ten years, another trend will emerge. You could be dropping your grandkids off at school, and you may see big hair, high bangs, white-washed jeans, and banana clips for all we know. And the kids wearing that will be the same kids that were drawn to the emo crowd.

It's all relative.
Dubrovnik

Edenton, NC

#19 Dec 16, 2008
The goth trend is so old. I graduated from high school 11 years ago and it was fairly big then. What I don't get is that these kids talk about wanting to be different...so the way to accomplish this is by looking the same as everyone in your group? What? I am more different than they are just because I never belonged to any one group and I certainly never felt the need to dress like my friends to fit in.
Michelle

Lynnwood, WA

#20 Dec 26, 2008
RIGHT ON SC parent wrote:
I think you have hit the nail on the head. I just couldn't see why mcleod couldn't see thing's for what they are.Im not pushing for either one of these thing's to happen, but i would choose a new life before i would like to see one lost for ever. I believe that it is people like this that make these kids think it is ok to cut there selfs.
Just responding to the overall comments. I taught for almost 30 years as a Music director-kids hung out in my room. This is my assessment. Yes, teens always have their bucking up against the status quo as they search and grow. What's going on now with all these evil groups is just that --EVIL. Parents need to open thier eyes to this intrigue of DEATH. Even the Identity troubles among kids has roots in their "lost, lack of grounding". Kids need families that are intact or at least stable and attentive.They need TIME with Mom and Dad. They need a sense of God and purpose back in their lives---otherwise it's a wash and you'll find your kid dead from suicide or in the back of a car with a pedophile. Wake up folks-it's all over & going on right under your noses---and parents are too liberal in their wanting to be "friends, tolerant and HiP with their kids".

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 26
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Bethlehem Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Advice on moving to Hickory, NC (Jun '07) 2 hr jlh79 100
getting a massage 4 hr Gioconda 3
kip mace (Jul '13) 5 hr Sarg 2
black guy near outlaw mc.. biker? (Apr '13) 13 hr oleladiesman 31
terry enloe (Aug '08) 15 hr Amelia Enloe 5
What's with Al's Diner? 17 hr gflifer 1
Share the road!!!!!!!!! Thu Joshuatree 3
More from around the web

Bethlehem People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE