United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 12, 2013

RamseyJones wrote:
This is an emotional and inspirational call for bipartisan unity. My friend Rachel Lynn Sebastian just uploaded!
"Dedicated to the children, teachers and families of Sandy Hook; WE CHOOSE LOVE.
"For What it's Worth" is a song originally written and recorded by the 1960's band, "Buffalo Springfield." I rewrote a few lyrics with the intent of focusing on the issue of violence against our children. I hope that I have still honored the integrity of the original song, as powerful as it will always be."
Here is the YouTube link:
http://youtu.be/IXGODm2emVw
What about the 1/2 million people killed by doctors every year, did you write a song for them?
myth

Charlestown, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 13, 2013

how many were Jews and how many recently moved to sandy hook ?
Voluntarist

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 13, 2013

myth wrote:
how many were Jews and how many recently moved to sandy hook ?
What are you talking about?
CTM

Sandy Hook, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 21, 2013

AG Power Grab

Out of control in Connecticut.

By John R. Lott Jr.

he last decade has seen state attorney generals use the power of the courts to shape public policy in unprecedented ways. Among the most aggressive in litigation ranging from tobacco to guns has been Connecticut's Richard Blumenthal, though for Blumenthal this was just the warm up. Even if the ideas that he is now advancing fail in Connecticut, they provide a dire warning of what other state attorneys general may soon start trying.

In just 12 years, his office has ballooned in size, more than doubling its budget from $13 million to almost $27 million and increasing the number of cases completed by 65 percent. Yet, despite this growth, Blumenthal has gone so far into actions previously reserved for other parts of the government that he often neglects the real duties of his job.

On August 9, the Connecticut supreme court checked Blumenthal for overstepping his authority. The court unanimously ruled that Blumenthal's jurisdiction is largely limited by state statute to representing state agencies and officials in lawsuits brought by or against them, although the attorney general had claimed broader powers.

Unsatisfied with his traditional role, Blumenthal had gone after the administrator of an academy accused of mishandling state funds. The court noted that it was up to the Connecticut commissioner of education, not Blumenthal alone, to bring the case.

Blumenthal has received harsh words before. For instance, last December, New York state's highest court found that Blumenthal's office was "mishandling" and making "missteps" in a paternity case. The Connecticut Law Tribune reported that "the direct criticism by the court raised eyebrows in Albany ."

The state supreme court pointed out in its decision two weeks ago that the attorney general's office had been established in 1897 because of the inefficiencies in having "each state agency and department [retain] its own legal counsel." But in July, the Connecticut Law Tribune reported that because his staff was so busy, the attorneys in Blumenthal's office "will no longer serve as counsel to state boards or as counsel to agency staffs ."

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 21, 2013

Judged:

#2138 have very good comments.
CTM

Sandy Hook, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 21, 2013

Worse, not only is he abrogating his role to advise, represent, and defend the state of Connecticut, his office is now suing the state. The high-profile case involves Cross Sound Cable Co. and represents an unprecedented power grab. Blumenthal sued to stop a cable being laid between Long Island and New Haven on environmental grounds. The suit was brought against the Connecticut Siting Council, the state agency that approved the cable. Just as in the case decided by the supreme court, Blumenthal filed the lawsuit in his own name, not on behalf of a state agency charged with these policy decisions.

Blumenthal claims that there is precedent for state agencies to sue each other, and indeed there is when lines of authority conflict. Try as they might, legislatures cannot foresee all possible conflicts. Courts step in to determine not who made the "correct" policy decision, but who has the actual authority. What Blumenthal wants, however, is something quite different. Instead of having legislators resolving policy differences, Blumenthal would make himself and the courts the final arbiter over policy.

The grab for power also crosses ethical lines. Two of the law firms that Blumenthal contracted with to sue the tobacco companies were run separately by his former law partner and his partner's wife. Blumenthal's defenders claim that other law firms simply didn't want the job. In a Connecticut Law Tribune article, however, a few lawyers disagreed, one complaining that "we didn't ever get a meeting" with the attorney general's office and another saying that his firm wasn't included despite agreeing to the state's contractual terms. Blumenthal's former partner, David Golub, acknowledged, "I know how it 'looks' he's my former partner ..."

Yet, whatever the concerns about Blumenthal giving a contract to a former partner, where did he get the authority at the time the contracts were negotiated to commit the state to pay private attorneys a sum then estimated to be more than $250 million?

During 12 years in office, Blumenthal has grown arrogant. People in and out of state government are afraid of him and are scared to publicly speak about their experiences. The state supreme court has better uses of its time than to monitor the behavior of an out-of-control attorney general.

John Lott is a resident scholar at the American Enterprise Institute.

----------
CTM

Sandy Hook, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 21, 2013

Might make more sense with both halves of the interview. Seems post 2139, the first time I posted the second half, was removed. So what's a few billion $$ out of the states tax coffers?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 21, 2013

#2142 make sense to my family.
CTM

Sandy Hook, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 21, 2013

America Gentleman Samuel wrote:
#2142 make sense to my family.
....Thanks Sam, hope you are having a good day.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 21, 2013

Niikk wrote:
<quoted text>
100 PERCENT CORRECT
I do not like both U.S. Senators from Connecticut. Shame on them.
myth

Charlestown, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 21, 2013

It is the job of lobbyists to persuade politicians to a certain viewpoint . The citizens could band together and create their own state or federal lobbying organization . You want grassroots change ? then you need to start by having roots . The 'victims' families are shills . They got charity websites up on Facebook within hours . they aren't wanting to create a lobbying org because they are already working for one . They aren't pushing for better school security they are pushing for gun control . I couldn't care less whether anyone died at SH or not . I don't have a dog in that race . I do have a dog in the Constitution however . No single person shall trump the collected body . If so , then you have anarchy not a constitution . Your taxes all go to Herr Rothschild every cent the government says You owe forever ? Only you can decide, the politicians do not care . they will not bring that up but gun control ? Sure on THAT they will have a discussion . But on serious issues such as the constitutionality of the federal reserve ? no. Rothschild is robbing you and future generations . it must be stopped . Fiscal cliff ? Uh , no . there is no fiscal cliff . We just stop paying Herr Rothschild to oversee our money . Pull out of the UN . Place a hold on all foreign owned businesses . Place a hold on all assets . Disallow gold to be exported . Reopen oil embargoes and cut down buying from OPEC . OPEC is a Zionist Jew organization with a near monopoly on oil sales . There are a lot of major issues to be dealt with . The government has purposely avoided these issues . These issues are extremely important to national security , and financial security . There can be no prosperity if we are indebted . No freedom if we are enslaved . No sovereignty if we are subject . No life without bloodshed . No peace without mercy . No more bullshit . Take these issues and present them . Get them on the news . get the elected ones aware . Get off your ass . hand
Rosalie Majersky

Crownsville, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 7, 2013

the best free on line dating website ever!! send and receive messages, flirts, and video chat all for free!! check this one out. http://tinyurl.com/lnd7q86
Dorian Dzwonkowski

Crownsville, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 7, 2013

the best fr ee online dating website! video chat, send and receive messages, and flirts all free!! check it out! http://tinyurl.com/mos2krd
Myesha Deturenne

Crownsville, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 7, 2013

the best fr ee online dating website! video chat, send and receive messages, and flirts all free!! check it out! http://tinyurl.com/m6g69gt
Theo Garafola

Crownsville, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 7, 2013

the best free on line dating website ever!! send and receive messages, flirts, and video chat all for free!! check this one out. http://tinyurl.com/mp5ffmx
Joleen Toms

Crownsville, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 7, 2013

never thought i would find one that was totally free, they all usually ask you for a credit card, but this one didnt! i was able to chat and use every feature of the site for free, send and receive messages, check my flirts and even free video chat. you guy and girls should really check this one out! its definitely worth a look http://tinyurl.com/kh3jx58
Olevia Haldeman

Crownsville, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 7, 2013

the best free on line dating website ever!! send and receive messages, flirts, and video chat all for free!! check this one out. http://tinyurl.com/kkfhszz
Kelley Buehring

Crownsville, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 7, 2013

the best free on line dating website ever!! send and receive messages, flirts, and video chat all for free!! check this one out. http://tinyurl.com/knos6ap
Cristopher Wishon

Crownsville, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 7, 2013

the best fr ee online dating website! video chat, send and receive messages, and flirts all free!! check it out! http://tinyurl.com/mfcvo9n
Noah Leny

Crownsville, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 7, 2013

the best fr ee online dating website! video chat, send and receive messages, and flirts all free!! check it out! http://tinyurl.com/lqtkzyl

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
Bethlehem Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Bethlehem Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Bethlehem People Search