Kane Declares Victory In State Senate...

Kane Declares Victory In State Senate Runoff

There are 4 comments on the Hartford Courant story from Jan 15, 2008, titled Kane Declares Victory In State Senate Runoff. In it, Hartford Courant reports that:

Rob Kane, Republican councilman from Watertown, has declared victory in a special election to fill the state Senate seat of former Sen.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hartford Courant.

Lana

Cobalt, CT

#1 Jan 15, 2008
Congratulations Rob!
Fran

AOL

#2 Jan 15, 2008
The 32nd Senate district is probably the most regressive area of Connecticut. In most elections the Republicans run with no opposition, very much like elections in totalitarian countries. In some of these small towns no Democrat has been elected for more than a half century. How retarded is that?
WHAT A LOAD

La Puente, CA

#3 Jan 16, 2008
Of course he had DeLuca's endorsement...Will probably keep DeLuca's whole staff and "hire" DeLuca as a high paid "consultant" for his transition. Hope the FBI is still out there. Watch.
Tom

Oradell, NJ

#4 Jan 16, 2008
Fran, are you also upset about the fact that Hartford, New Haven and Bridgport have consistantly elected Democrats for decades? Does that record also resemble "totalitarian countries"? People vote for whomever they want. The majority of the people of the 32nd district have decided that they want Republicans to represent them. That is as valid (and not regressive) as the people of the cities electing Democrats. I shudder to think what this state would be like if we only elected Democrats.

By the way, I am a Democrat who lives in the 32nd district. I voted for Kane because I want to avoid giving the Democrats absolute control over the State Senate.
Fran wrote:
The 32nd Senate district is probably the most regressive area of Connecticut. In most elections the Republicans run with no opposition, very much like elections in totalitarian countries. In some of these small towns no Democrat has been elected for more than a half century. How retarded is that?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Bethlehem Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Girl on girl dirty talk Jun 22 Lick_youdry 3
other lesbians who want to talk dirty? (Mar '14) Jun 22 Lick_youdry 17
News 'Love Runs Through': Runners Mobilize for Sandy... Mar '15 Aldridge 3
News ComiCONN to leave Bridgeport for Mohegan Sun (Dec '14) Dec '14 American Gentlema... 1
News Parents fear for missing daughter, 17 (Oct '07) Nov '14 MXeditor 145
Election Who do you support for U.S. House in Connecticu... (Oct '10) Sep '13 Florencio Pita 43
News Bizarre Act in Bethlehem (Feb '09) Sep '13 Karleen Ziegenfuss 2
More from around the web

Bethlehem People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Bethlehem Mortgages