Sandy Spring Residents Fight To Save ...

Sandy Spring Residents Fight To Save Homes

There are 22 comments on the WUSA Washington, DC story from Jan 21, 2008, titled Sandy Spring Residents Fight To Save Homes. In it, WUSA Washington, DC reports that:

They feel neglected and disenfranchised, and that's why some Sandy Spring residents used this Martin Luther King Holiday to try and save their homes.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WUSA Washington, DC.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Mary Pat

Centreville, VA

#23 Jul 1, 2013
Lynne wrote:
Just another attack on an old African American neighborhood. Maybe they should be looking into the the possibility of squatters rights. I mean if they have been using it for all those years and no one has complained.. I would say the property belongs to their community.
FIGHT FOR THE RIGHT!
i guess they would need to know what the squatters rights were
a hundred years ago, someone has a sandy spring video up on youtube and and he found it interesting that where the black folks lived there were no addresses. let me try to find the video..
Mary Pat

Centreville, VA

#24 Jul 1, 2013
Lynne wrote:
Just another attack on an old African American neighborhood. Maybe they should be looking into the the possibility of squatters rights. I mean if they have been using it for all those years and no one has complained.. I would say the property belongs to their community.
FIGHT FOR THE RIGHT!
this video is interesting, actually, sandy spring md is
not a bad place at all, settled by quakers...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Bethesda Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Police: Thieves steal BMW, 25 iPads from school... Jul '16 SAM 2
Saving Money Jun '16 Goodness of Money 1
Saturday conference room May '16 Lauragon 1
Sainthood Boyhood May '16 Timing 1
Go Head and Do It Apr '16 Walou 1
Review: United Financial Resources (May '13) Apr '16 Imtiredofcrooks 4
Vote For Donald Trump Apr '16 Vote For Trump 1

Bethesda Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance