Marriott posts $446M 3Q loss on times...

Marriott posts $446M 3Q loss on timeshare charges

There are 2 comments on the Long Beach Press-Telegram story from Oct 8, 2009, titled Marriott posts $446M 3Q loss on timeshare charges. In it, Long Beach Press-Telegram reports that:

Marriott International Inc. lost $466 million in its third quarter on hefty impairment charges from its timeshare business, which has declined drastically in the recession as vacationers cut back spending.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Long Beach Press-Telegram.

Hardon Hearing

Lodi, WI

#1 Oct 8, 2009
Oh darn, they aren't making as much ripping people off selling timeshares anymore. I feel so sorry. NOT. Time shares were the biggest fraud since AIG perpetuated on the American public. I am so happy that the karma train has come into the station for Marriot. I hope Marriot loses their a++ses for years to come.
Robert Madison

United States

#2 Feb 27, 2014
Most timeshare companies are taking advantage of people, often those who are more vulnerable and less able to resist hard sales tactics. I have heard of many cases where maintenance costs rise well above inflation. It would appear the timeshare companies lock people into contracts and then drive up their profits though increased maintenance charges. It would be good to see legislation whereby timeshare companies can only charge "reasonable" maintenance costs and not use this annual fee to fleece people's bank accounts

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Bethesda Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Obama's Elite Private School Evicting Over 100 ... Mon Ritual Habitual 1
News Rockville Named One of Snobbiest Cities in Mary... Nov 16 SAM 2
purchase of diazapam?physeptone tablets (May '12) Nov 11 Nichols 37
The Medical Center Mens Room Nov 9 Bayou Kin 1
Money Talks Nov 7 Mr So and So 1
Permitted Information Sep '15 Pharaoh Neeson 1
Stevia, Stevia, Stevia Aug '15 Waiting 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Bethesda Mortgages