Yard firepits unite neighbors, famili...

Yard firepits unite neighbors, families, friends

There are 9 comments on the Pittsburgh Tribune story from Jun 13, 2009, titled Yard firepits unite neighbors, families, friends. In it, Pittsburgh Tribune reports that:

Jeff Giles of Murrysville looks at his firepit as the "fraternity stop" for neighborhood Little League dads who sometimes gather round longer than he would like.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Pittsburgh Tribune.

Glen

Murrysville, PA

#1 Jun 23, 2009
You just knew some treehugging idiot would bi*ch about pollution. I wish these people would just lighten up a little.

“Rickroll me I dare you.”

Since: Nov 08

Location hidden

#2 Jun 24, 2009
You didn't read the article at all, did you?
Jane

Pittsburgh, PA

#3 Jun 25, 2009
hmmm, I got the cops called on my for having a burn pit.........
Krakus

United States

#4 Jun 25, 2009
Freddy Pickle wrote:
You didn't read the article at all, did you?
You must have missed this bit at the end of the article, Freddy:

"The lung association's Stewart says the group does not want to sound negative about "the old campfire that goes way back in our history," but points out the fires produce material that can harmful to lung problems or even lead to forms of angina.

He says anyone with a firepit should be aware of family members or neighbors who have those conditions. Overall, he says, the fewer firepits the better.

"We are not against recreational burning," he says, "but maybe it would be better if we could find some sort of recreation that doesn't create pollution.""
Krakus

United States

#5 Jun 25, 2009
Jane wrote:
hmmm, I got the cops called on my for having a burn pit.........
It all depends upon exactly what you're burning, Jane!

Location hidden

#6 Jun 26, 2009
Krakus wrote:
<quoted text>
"The lung association's Stewart says the group does not want to sound negative about "the old campfire that goes way back in our history," but points out the fires produce material that can harmful to lung problems or even lead to forms of angina.
He says anyone with a firepit should be aware of family members or neighbors who have those conditions. Overall, he says, the fewer firepits the better.
"We are not against recreational burning," he says, "but maybe it would be better if we could find some sort of recreation that doesn't create pollution.""
I didn't miss that part. I just missed the part where a "treehugging idiot bi5ches about pollution".

Since: Jun 09

Englewood, CO

#7 Jun 26, 2009
Krakus wrote:
<quoted text>
when did the lung association become "tree huggers"?

anyone who has ever been to a bonfire or had a fire pit knows that it's not exactly the type of thing you take deep inhales around when the smoke comes your way.
Krakus

Jackson Center, PA

#8 Jun 26, 2009
Freddy Pickle wrote:
<quoted text>
I didn't miss that part. I just missed the part where a "treehugging idiot bi5ches about pollution".
Point taken, sir... an American Lung Association spokesman isn't necessarily a "tree hugger" or an "idiot," but they will whine about clean air, though, and if you go after firepits, then fireplaces and woodburners make even more sense as a target.

Location hidden

#9 Jun 26, 2009
I'm sure a few firepits are the least of Pittsburghers' worries, as far as breathing and air is concerned.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Bethel Park Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Review: I Love Kickboxing - Pittsburgh (Nov '13) 7 hr KShumaker 92
Are Your Female Family Members Safe May 23 hacked and regret 2
News 24 Charged In Pittsburgh-Area Mortgage Fraud; T... (Feb '08) May 22 Doc U R a Joke 427
"Bikers" don't know squat May 22 Pink Flamingo 8
Trump and Sanders May 21 Paris 4
Transgender Males and Women Selective Service May 21 aciremA 2
News Crafton police officer charged in hit-and-run (Jul '09) May 21 Pgh Five O 7,617
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Bethel Park Mortgages