No Duquesne City Students in Baldwin-...

No Duquesne City Students in Baldwin-Whitehall ... at Least for Now

There are 16 comments on the Patch.com story from Mar 7, 2013, titled No Duquesne City Students in Baldwin-Whitehall ... at Least for Now. In it, Patch.com reports that:

Baldwin-Whitehall School District officials will not voluntarily accept students from the Duquesne City School District -a decision that B-W Superintendent Dr.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Patch.com.

Speaking Truth

Elizabeth, PA

#1 Mar 7, 2013
Yeah, that's like asking a nice town if they want a nuclear waste dump right next to their playground. Be as cordial as you want, Duquesne kids are bad news all around. Not because they can't be better, but because their mothers (and lack of fathers) made them this way. It's been the same since the late-70's. You want attitude, vulgar language, fights, broken windows, extremely low test scores, high absenteeism, and a ghetto mentality that is highly contagious, let them in your school district. But first make sure you have metal detectors and cops on every floor. Go near Duquesne late at night, you'll see kids with their moms at gas stations at 2am on school nights. It's their way of life. Personally I say make their parents pay the tuition. You don't like it, then move away from Duquesne. Turn that area back into farm land because these kids are sure helping it become just that at a hurried pace.
abbout time

Homestead, PA

#2 Mar 7, 2013
thats true look how they are pulling wm down
Speaking Truth

Elizabeth, PA

#3 Mar 7, 2013
I have to believe that if the B-W residents wanted their kids in school with Duquesne kids, they would've bought homes in Duquesne and saved themselves a couple hundred thousand dollars.
Why not ask Pine Richland if they'll take on the Duq kids. Tell them that diversity will make their school GREAT!
tired working man

Denver, CO

#4 Mar 16, 2013
I'm almost positive wm is trying to give them back
transfer bus

West Mifflin, PA

#5 Mar 16, 2013
when wilkinsburg schools cl,ose down wm can take those kids too
voiceofreason

United States

#6 Mar 18, 2013
You sound retarded..how is it the kids fault that they grow up where they do. Plus no one bringing wm down its not enough duquesne students to do that
tired working man

Garden City, MI

#7 Mar 21, 2013
All it takes is one....
Bugs Bunny

West Mifflin, PA

#8 Mar 21, 2013
they breed like rabbits but rabbits take care of their young and once grown up they are on their own to survive or die
wm peeps

Homestead, PA

#9 Mar 22, 2013
Bugs Bunny wrote:
they breed like rabbits but rabbits take care of their young and once grown up they are on their own to survive or die
maybe we should get tips from baldwin school board on how to stop getting infested to bad our school board likes being infested call terminex
Kelly

West Mifflin, PA

#11 Dec 4, 2013
http://news.google.com/newspapers...

Recently hired board member resigns $120,000 job in Baldwin-Whitehall School district

Read more: http://www.post-gazette.com/local/2013/12/04/...
JGM

Mckeesport, PA

#12 Jan 18, 2017
Speaking Truth wrote:
Yeah, that's like asking a nice town if they want a nuclear waste dump right next to their playground. Be as cordial as you want, Duquesne kids are bad news all around. Not because they can't be better, but because their mothers (and lack of fathers) made them this way. It's been the same since the late-70's. You want attitude, vulgar language, fights, broken windows, extremely low test scores, high absenteeism, and a ghetto mentality that is highly contagious, let them in your school district. But first make sure you have metal detectors and cops on every floor. Go near Duquesne late at night, you'll see kids with their moms at gas stations at 2am on school nights. It's their way of life. Personally I say make their parents pay the tuition. You don't like it, then move away from Duquesne. Turn that area back into farm land because these kids are sure helping it become just that at a hurried pace.
ok i know this is old but really you are ignorant. I WORK FOR BALDWIN WHITEHALL I LIVE IN DUQUESNE MY KIDS GO TO THAT SCHOOL AND YES ALOT OF KIDS ARE BAD BUT ALOT ALSO ARE NOT BAD AT ALL ITS THE REPUTATION DUQUESNE GETS. I WOULD MOVE BUT I CANNOT AFFORD TO. SORRY IM NOT A DR LAWYER I HAVE 4 KIDS AND DO THE BEST I CAN TO CARE FOR THEM AND GET THEM WHAT THEY NEED. SORRY WE ARE NOT ALL BROUGHT UP INTO MONEY AND CAN AFFORD TO PAY HIGH TAXES. I BEEN TRYING TO GET MY KIDS IN ANY OTHER DISTRICT BUT IT DONT HAPPEN SOME PPL DO WANT THE BEST FOR THEIR CHILDREN BUT THE WAY THE WORLD IS WE CANT ALL HAVE WHAT WE WANT. DUQUESNE CITY SCHOOL DISTRICT HAS ACTUALLY BEEN DOING ALOT GETTING PARENTS INVOLVED AND HELPING OUT CHILDREN.... AND BEEEELIIIIEEEVVVEEE ME I SEE THE STUDENTS AT BALDWIN EVERYDAY YOU THINK THEY ARE ALL ANGELS WELL YOU ARE WRONG . ITS EVERYWHERE NOWADAYS SO GET FACTS STRAIGHT
TAG

West Mifflin, PA

#13 Feb 15, 2017
I couldn't agree with you more. Duquesne has a bad reputation, with reason. However, what they don't see are the wonderful people and families that do reside in Duquesne. Only, because they are on the outside looking in. Every community has it's flaws, just some are better at hiding it.
MimiSav

Pittsburgh, PA

#14 Jun 28, 2017
East Alleghenies is now experiencing lots of issues because of the merger... huge riot this past year look it up
Swamp Inhabitant Comey

Mckeesport, PA

#16 Jun 28, 2017
MimiSav wrote:
East Alleghenies is now experiencing lots of issues because of the merger... huge riot this past year look it up
Some say that a prominent and influential politician(s) covertly steered the Duquesne students to East Allegheny and kept them out of the MASD system.

If there were unconditional vouchers available like President Trump supports and the teachers' union oppose, the distribution of Duquesne would have worked out which much less grief.
Student

Mckeesport, PA

#17 Jun 29, 2017
Well I for one don't want them! All the cute girls get jungle fever all of a sudden and they take all the chicks. And then they don't even act right, they cheat on them, they cause fights, they get them into trouble with their parents, the school, even the cops. They get some of them pregnant too. It's not right they should stay in Duquesne where they belong. I'll be a senior next year and who want to go to the prom when they ghettoize everything, wear orange neon suits and take our girls. It's wrong it's bad its trouble. If you polled the student body 90 percent would vote against it, we don't want them.
Swamp Inhabitant Comey

Mckeesport, PA

#18 Jun 29, 2017
Student wrote:
Well I for one don't want them! All the cute girls get jungle fever all of a sudden and they take all the chicks. And then they don't even act right, they cheat on them, they cause fights, they get them into trouble with their parents, the school, even the cops. They get some of them pregnant too. It's not right they should stay in Duquesne where they belong. I'll be a senior next year and who want to go to the prom when they ghettoize everything, wear orange neon suits and take our girls. It's wrong it's bad its trouble. If you polled the student body 90 percent would vote against it, we don't want them.
You would not have your legitimate concern you expressed if you had a voucher to attend a school of your choice.

I doubt what you state occurs at Upper St. Clair, Mr. Lebanon, Fox Chapel, or Central Catholic.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Bethel Park Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Future of Pittsburgh's Stephen Foster statue in... Fri run and tell that 1
Lounge/Club in Pittsburgh that does soca/dance ... Aug 17 TorontoGirl19 1
White Power Aug 16 Fat Abbott 5
Toughen up Shazier Aug 15 Fat Abbott 2
WTAE Weekend News - Appreciation Thread (Dec '13) Aug 13 Jimmie C 270
Need some help Aug 13 Lookinforfun 17
Men painting their toenails Aug 12 Ben Dover 6

Bethel Park Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance