Pa. remains national leader in teache...

Pa. remains national leader in teacher strikes

There are 3 comments on the York Dispatch story from Dec 4, 2010, titled Pa. remains national leader in teacher strikes. In it, York Dispatch reports that:

Contract negotiations between public school unions and school boards get under way in earnest at this time of year, and it's a process that inevitably raises the prospect of strikes -- something that happens more often in Pennsylvania than in all other states combined.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at York Dispatch.

outoftouch

Roxbury, PA

#1 Dec 4, 2010
I'll say it again. Police, fire, & teachers unions still go by the BOAT principle (Break Out Another Thousand) when it is negotiation time. All take & no give.
espy25

Palmyra, PA

#2 Dec 4, 2010
If we ranked #1 in results for our children's education, this might make sense. Maybe teachers should receive raises based on performance - like the rest of us.
My dad retired in 90s

York, PA

#3 Dec 5, 2010
My father retired in the late 1990's, after 35 years, earning $48,000. He thought that was a graeat salary for a public servant.
He was the last of a great bunch of teachers. He had a Masters Degree, volunteered for years as the Athltelic Director, announced football games for a 'hotdog and a coke'. He put 3-'very different' kids through college. He was the 'MAN' in my family's life. He was pretty close to perfect. We need more teachers like him.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Bethel Park Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Will This Photo Doom Hillary's Candidacy? Sat Wolfe 2
Renee Jaczesko Fri Bored 2
heroin Jul 21 Plugged 21
Hair Ron Jul 20 Koolkatkahn 11
Wanna see this Pittsburgh Grrl get dirty? Jul 20 Dave 3
Why does Pittsburgh suck for single guys? (Aug '09) Jul 20 Dave 95
Robert Mynster and his daughter Shanna Jul 19 A_M_B 3

Bethel Park Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance