Pgh Jobs-Too many highly Qualified, too little Jobs

Posted in the Bethel Park Forum

BPPT323

Bethel Park, PA

#1 Jan 20, 2013
I wanted to get some thoughts on the employment problem we have in our city. It has been building over the years, but it seems that we have tons of highly educated people, professionals and MBA's (due to the abundance of local universities)but the city doesn't have enough middle to upper level jobs to support them. Therefore, I am seeing many leave the city for the careers they were trained for, rather than be underemployed here. And then I am seeing some stay here because they are scared to leave, and taking a sub par position to do so.

I believe our employment reports don't reflect this problem. Any city can report great jobs numbers/low unemployment, but they never report on the qualitative data.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Bethel Park Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
WTAE Weekend News - Appreciation Thread (Dec '13) 1 hr Derp 89
KDKA Marty Griffin (Oct '09) 3 hr jbv88 78
any black girls here in Pittsburgh bossy? like ... 22 hr jbv88 2
News Crafton police officer charged in hit-and-run (Jul '09) 22 hr Carnegie calls u ... 7,555
Why do black people litter so much? (Sep '14) Mon Mike Anthony 13
Robinson Animal Hospital, McKees Rocks PA/Robin... (Jun '14) Mon whatthewhat 3
News Park dedicated to fallen Pittsburgh police offi... (May '12) Mon Po Po 1995 2
Bethel Park Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Bethel Park People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]