I was looking for you.
Good one !1779
Canton

Canton, OH

#26479 Mar 4, 2014
UdintBuildThat wrote:
<quoted text>
Lovely voice Canton....
Sing it to the shirtless poster of Conservative hero Vlad Putin you have hanging on the ceiling above your bed.

Since: Aug 12

United States

#26480 Mar 4, 2014
So is it time for the Caesar Obamus family vacation in Disneyworld?
Pops

Cincinnati, OH

#26481 Mar 4, 2014
mutt wrote:
<quoted text>I'm sick of being "taxed to death", just because a bunch of old moochers think they "deserve it".
Cut em all off, that'll fix the problem. It's like Jesus said in the good book: "Screw em, it's not my problem anyway."
I should have the freedom to pick and choose which taxes should apply to me. Anything less is downright communist and unpatriotic. Right?
Few people know that originally, SS deductions were supposed to be voluntary. One could opt in or not in. Then our "representatives" decided that more money was needed for the early recipients. Then they raised the maximum income levels time & time again. That wasn't enough to keep the budget in line so they started writing I.O.U.'s when they borrowed from it time & time again too. Especially since the 'Trust Fund' was more than solvent, it was flush with money until 'they borrowed' from it & never satisfied the I.O.U.'s.
The solution would be that our "Representatives" would be subject to the same retirement avenues as the private populace, their EMPLOYERS!!.

United States

#26483 Mar 4, 2014
The Isle of Man doesnt have dumbass taxes on every little thing.

They are probably alot more civilized than Ohio. Or the DC beltway.
half-breed

Chillicothe, OH

#26484 Mar 4, 2014
Old Guy wrote:
Bradley Monton is a historian/philosopher, but not a scientist. A very thorough review of his book can be found here:
http://ndpr.nd.edu/news/24657/...
The "Mr. Sarkars" of academia are a dime a dozen. They imply that anyone who doubts evolution is a nitwit, while offering no compelling defense of their own science-defying theory.

Mr. Sarkar admits that biologists are stumped about the origin of life, but in the same breath, he shoots down ID just because it doesn't fit into his little "evolution" box. It's intellectually dishonest for him -- and others like him -- to pretend to support scientific research, but be so ridiculously close-minded to a theory supported by many people, scientists included.
mutt

Van Wert, OH

#26485 Mar 4, 2014
UdintBuildThat wrote:
So is it time for the Caesar Obamus family vacation in Disneyworld?
Every time you post, I picture that old, washed-up bird killing bigot from Duck Dynasty. Yeeee hawwww, y'all!

United States

#26486 Mar 4, 2014
mutt wrote:
<quoted text>Every time you post, I picture that old, washed-up bird killing bigot from Duck Dynasty. Yeeee hawwww, y'all!
And every time I see you post, I imagine the old man dying of liver failure on Shameless.
Old Guy

Cincinnati, OH

#26488 Mar 4, 2014
Pops wrote:
<quoted text> Few people know that originally, SS deductions were supposed to be voluntary. One could opt in or not in. Then our "representatives" decided that more money was needed for the early recipients.
Here's what the Social Security website says:

"CORRECTING THE MYTHS AND MISSTATEMENTS

Myth 1: President Roosevelt promised that participation in the program would be completely voluntary

Persons working in employment covered by Social Security are subject to the FICA payroll tax. Like all taxes, this has never been voluntary. From the first days of the program to the present, anyone working on a job covered by Social Security has been obligated to pay their payroll taxes."

http://www.ssa.gov/history/InternetMyths.html

United States

#26489 Mar 5, 2014
How's that work in Galveston county Texas?

Dumbass old man.....

United States

#26490 Mar 5, 2014
http://www.texaspolicy.com/center/opinions/pr...

Retirement income for employees with 20 to 40 years of service is calculated to be two to five times the retirement income of Social Security. Disability insurance pays 60% of salary up to $5,000 per month and life insurance is three times annual salary up to $50,000 per year, i.e., a total of $150,000.

There was, of course, no guarantee this plan would be as successful as designed; and there was considerable opposition from labor unions, minorities and other traditional supporters, including many elected officials. Social Security representatives debated the plan in the employee meetings. By then a majority of the Commissioners Court were strongly supportive of the Alternate Plan. An election for all county employees was scheduled. The election carried by about three to one in favor of the Alternate Plan and the Commissioners Court voted four to one to implement it on Jan. 1, 1981.

The Alternate Plan has been successful for the past 18 years with a return on retirement investments of about 6-1/2%. That is at least three times the return on a like investment in Social Security right now. Even though the return from a stock market investment would have significantly increased the actual return, there was much less risk potential in buying annuities with guaranteed returns. Furthermore, the investments in life insurance annuities are the same for all employees and are handled by an outside company that was chosen through a bid process. There is no need for each employee to be an expert in investments and there is no chance one employee will lose everything and others will make a mint.

Those who criticize Social Security privatization because of the stock market ups and downs or the lack of investment knowledge of many employees have not done their homework or they would be aware of what has been done in Galveston County. Each employee has an individual retirement account which is available upon retirement or is owned by their families if the county employee/retiree dies. In addition the families also receive life insurance.
Reality Speaks

Columbus, OH

#26491 Mar 5, 2014
mutt wrote:
<quoted text>Anyone who thinks Larry the Cable Guy is "funny" is clearly an inbred yokel.
what is funny is watching the Obama administration repeal obamacare by executive order, and the dipstick does not no he is doing it.

that is funny.

Does it bother you Larry the cable guy pays more in annual taxes than you earn in 20 years?
Reality Speaks

Columbus, OH

#26492 Mar 5, 2014
mutt wrote:
<quoted text>Every time you post, I picture that old, washed-up bird killing bigot from Duck Dynasty. Yeeee hawwww, y'all!
his bank account is quite impressive too.

they even eat together as a family everyday.

Do you go to the dump to eat with your family?

How do you get your maggots to sit in chairs?
Canton

Canton, OH

#26493 Mar 5, 2014
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
If you really did work, you too would be outraged at the government taking your money and giving it to people who opted not to work. It's the working people that are disgusted at our social programs. Why should anybody that doesn't work care what the government hands out or who they take it from? If you're not working, it has nothing to do with you because nobody is taking from you.
Sorry, not only worked my whole life but worked ten times harder than any fat trucker could even fathom. Let's all stop and wonder why just about every person on here crying about the Liberals taking their money has had their lives handed to them by their parents. The very same people who cry so much about people having freebies handed to them are the only people who have had freebies handed to them. I EARNED what I have. Paid for my own college. Paid off my student loan. Paid for the house I live in. Now let's ask our whiney Conservative friends if they paid their own way. I already know the answer to that one, seeing whenever I mentally crush one of you Tea Bagging retards, you like to remind me that you had 400 acres handed to you, or that your parents paid your way until you were in your late 20s. Get off your lazy a$$es and EARN what you have, before you talk to this hard working American. Until then, go leech off your pappy and cry about poor people.
Canton

Canton, OH

#26494 Mar 5, 2014
mutt wrote:
Since that stinking hillbilly has made it very clear he is a Bible thumper, how long do you think until he get's busted groping a kid? Months? Weeks?
Canton

Canton, OH

#26495 Mar 5, 2014
half-breed wrote:
<quoted text>
The "Mr. Sarkars" of academia are a dime a dozen. They imply that anyone who doubts evolution is a nitwit, while offering no compelling defense of their own science-defying theory.
Mr. Sarkar admits that biologists are stumped about the origin of life, but in the same breath, he shoots down ID just because it doesn't fit into his little "evolution" box. It's intellectually dishonest for him -- and others like him -- to pretend to support scientific research, but be so ridiculously close-minded to a theory supported by many people, scientists included.
How absurd that a scientist would claim to not have all, the answers. So anyway, since the only way you could possibly know is to have been there, what was the planet like back then? Also, after you died and came back, tell us what happens after we die. You Christians have all the answers...yes, yes. I know. You are not a Christian. You are anti-abortion, anti-gay rights, believe in creationism, think the Bible should be law and believe that Christ is your savior. But other than that, NOT a Christian...VOID.

Since: Jan 13

Lexington, KY

#26496 Mar 5, 2014
Canton wrote:
<quoted text>
Since that stinking hillbilly has made it very clear he is a Bible thumper, how long do you think until he get's busted groping a kid? Months? Weeks?
As long as he's carrying a bible I don't think it will matter as I am sure some justification can be found in there some where.

United States

#26497 Mar 5, 2014
Why dont you punko on your blue dress a and go eat yellow snow, CANTon.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#26498 Mar 5, 2014
Old Guy wrote:
<quoted text>
I can understand why you'd like to change the topic --- wouldn't it be easier just to admit you were mistaken?
I was an adult during Nixon's presidency --- he was never a "hero of the Left."
Obviously you are the one that likes to change the subject and you were the one that brought up Nixon who was Liberal and Obviously you can't tell the political difference between a Liberal(Rockefeller Republican or Moderate) or a Conservative then and no way were you a Adult when Nixion was president or you would understand he was a Liberal within the Republican Party.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#26499 Mar 5, 2014
Old Guy wrote:
<quoted text>
You're a Democrat? I find that hard to believe. For one thing, most Democrats refer to it as the "Democratic Party" --- "Democrat Party" is an epithet used by Republicans.
Tell me the last Democratic Presidential candidate that you voted for.
Yes I am a Democrat and would be considers a Conservative Democrat by Liberal Democrats like you and there are many more Democrats here in Indiana like me who know the one that call themselves Liberal Democrats are viewed as bigots which they are and have trouble with the truth.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Politics_of_Indi...

the Indiana state's Democrats tend to be somewhat more conservative than their counterparts in the rest of the country, especially on social issues.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Politics_of_Indi...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Bethel Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
3 dead from heroin overdose 2 min Pud 11
Need cheap car 27 min Pud 10
Disco Santa 15 hr Pud the Stud 1
GHS drug bust Tue Margaret 15
A murder some years back (Jan '12) Tue frogyleap6 29
shane shouse (Feb '10) Tue Paul 60
The real problem in America: too many blacks (Dec '13) Tue car007 25
Bethel Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Bethel People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Bethel News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Bethel

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 1:46 pm PST

NBC Sports 1:46PM
Mike Pettine: Our first-round picks aren't busts
Bleacher Report 2:15 AM
Should New England Patriots Rest Key Starters in Week 17?
NBC Sports 6:16 AM
A.J. Green's injured arm "feeling a little better"
NFL 7:11 AM
Mike Pettine: Browns won't write off Manziel, Gilbert
Bleacher Report10:17 AM
Complete Week 17 Preview for Baltimore