Get Cash for Jon Jon
Cashs Bargin Barn

Fairborn, OH

#1 May 20, 2011
Tonight Brown County investigators say they have a ledger of heroin transactions in the case against Jonathan Bennett. He's on the run from indictments for trafficking, conspiracy to distribute and engaging in corrupt activity.
Local 12 News reporter Deborah Dixon found authorities are searching for Bennett while dealing with the additional problem of the heroin addicts they say he helped create.

Brown County investigators say Jonathan Bennett brought heroin to the rural community. He had several people breaking it down for sale. One person moving 100 grams in two months. Chief Deputy John Schadle told Local 12, "He saw there was a need to feed addiction, took advantage of if bank rolled himself into a lucrative business."

Investigators say Bennett left addicts in his wake. Heroin has become cheaper and easier to get than prescription drugs. A single pill of oxycontin can cost up to 75 dollars a small bag of heroin can cost less than a six pack. Chief Deputy Schadle says, "It's as bad as meth was five years ago. It used to be meth was the drug we worried about, now it's heroin.

Schadle said he sent six people to rehab for heroin addiction just last week. According to the charges, that's exactly what Jonathan Bennett did.
Enlightenment

Tipp City, OH

#2 Jul 1, 2011
As a small town resident I can give eye witness to the judgmental, ignorant and/or shallow short comings of the people who reside inside it. But let us consider a few things before you condemn and slander a man without really thinking about the situation. The channel 12 news reported the cost difference between heroin and an oxycodone and the benefit favored heroin. Due to the high or need for the drug was sustained with heroin PLUS so much cheaper. I have been to Georgetown. I know a lot of people from or live there today. If you tell me that Georgetown has not had a drug problem for a long time youíre a liar, on drugs (in denial) or you live under a rock! Know take in consideration that this town is not a very prosperous one, however there are a lot of hard labor workers, farmers and people in pain. They go to the doctor with back pain and get pain pills, well after a while your pain is still there and your doctor will no longer give you pain pills or say you lose our job and insurance. How do you pay for those pain pills? Know donít miss understand, I donít agree with the use of drugs. Personally I prefer to live my life in the driverís seat. Drugs put you in the passenger seat every time. But the issue is a lot worse than Jon Jon and he should not be forced to wear the responsibility of bring this huge drug issue to Georgetown, itís preposterous! One last note, just as you should think for yourselves and not let media or leader figures mold your opinions, there yours!! Thank and use them!! So donít for one second thank that just because they resolved the issue with him that the drug problem in Georgetown is going to stop. I will help some of you link thisÖ the actual problem is sooo much bigger than one man. The problem was here before it and it will continue! It takes the entire group to change the community.
Imagine that

Cincinnati, OH

#3 Jul 2, 2011
AMEN, AS long as there is a buck to be made by the crazy ass war on drugs then there will be someone out there that is going to capitalize. There is only one way to ever bring this problem under control . They have got to legalize the stuff and regulate it. Plain and simple and it's that simple ,like it or not I really don't give a rats ass. I have seen this problem spiral out of control and the problem just jumps back and forth to which ever drug the US DEA seems to be letting slip into the country that year. or which drug cartel is donating to most to which ever politicians are in control of the borders at that time. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to see the problems. When you make something like drugs illegal you only create a black market and as long as there is money to be made there is somebody willing to do whatever they have to and whoever they have to to make it. This is American the Ultimate Capitalism and DRUGS are the ultimate money maker and only because our government made them that way. the ignorant laws create the problems and keeping the stuff illegal only complicates and eliminates any chance to control the stuff at all . You think if you legalized the stuff and limited how much and when people could get it and controlled purity levels and costs that it may help bring the problem under control ?? I really don't think the cartels would continue to flood our country with drugs if they couldn't make money . If they want to they can remedy this problem they don't want to. It is obviously a big moneymaker for someone or it would have already be handled. there are hundreds if not thousands of people in border towns and law enforcement Mexican and American loosing their lives because of this absurd policy .My heart goes out to their families and the law makers should be ashamed. People in America will always do drugs and always drink alcohol and the money is going to go to whoever is supplying the stuff it is that cut and dry. Wake up people .. stuff is crazy .. They let these corporations take all these peoples jobs to third world countries and manufacture their products for pennies then bring them here and sell them in the strongest market in the world so they make a fortune while starving us then they toss people in jail for selling drugs to feed their kids?? What a crock. I say tell them if they want to sell there shit in America then make it here or keep it. Factories would go up everywhere those greedy fools would gladly take a little bit of money over none at all but as long as our gov't gives them an option and allows them to continue raping us they will I promise . We have so many problems in this country there is no reason for something like drugs to be on the front page of any news paper... It's just a way to redirect thinking . How about stopping the immigrants from being able to come here and buy a business run it tax free for so many years then as soon as the tax exemption runs out they bring a family member here and start the process all over again ..This shit is criminal and has been going on since the 70's. The Jordanians figured the loophole out and exploited it with the Gold star franchises and now we have a bunch of wealthy Indians doing the same thing..Every other quick mart in the state is owned and ran tax free by an Indian who isn't even a citizen...Am I the only person who sees a problem here? I can go on and on and on with stuff that should have been brought to a halt years ago . I'm sick of the narrow minded ignorance and the shear stupidity of our leadership it's sickening. How about getting the 50% of the people in the country back to work before you try to control every other aspect of their lives . I will go out on a limb and say if they'd create jobs then that's 40 hours a week anyway that nobody will have to sit around and do drugs... That is the agenda isn't it ?? Control// If not then why would they care what people do with their free time.
new excuse please

United States

#4 Jul 7, 2011
Well, they caught him and since he's been on the run for awhile prior to his arrest, has the drug use/abuse in Brown County come to a hault.....I think not! One guy doesn't addict a community. It's a number of factors that play into that. I believe that if they really wanted to combat the drug problem then you start with common sense. All these people that are having to be sent to rehab. When they get out (sober and clean hopefully) don't let them come back to the same place & people that they were living their addict lives around. Make them start over somewhere else. Let them live clean lives somewhere else, because they obviously can't in their old community. Sending them to rehab and then when they get out allowing them to come right back into an old familiar situation does nothing but put that person right back to where you found them. Going nowhere on a lost train called addiction with a lot of people around that will be on the dead end train with them. Maybe if there were not so many ways that these addictions get fed, then there wouldn't be so many addicts. Heroin is usually not an addicts first drug....usually starts with weed and then pills...so on so forth. If you would take all the access people have to pills and crack down on these docs giving them out like candy, then there would be no starting point. Not many addicts I know started out saying....wow...today I am going to do hard drugs.

Maybe these people who get 90 percocet/vicodin/oxy a month and sell half for the $ should be looked at a little closer. If it wasn't for them, then there would be search for a high when those stop doing it and no business for Jon Jon or anyone else to profit from.

See the below article out of Lexington

Authorities in Ohio searched for Jonathan Bennett, but it was actually police in Lexington that caught him. They tell us the Secret Service called and asked them to find and arrest the fugitive.

31-year-old Jonathan Bennett's locked away in the Fayette County Detention Center. The fugitive evaded Brown County, Ohio police for more than a month after being indicted for trafficking heroin, distributing it, and engaging in corrupt activity.

"He saw there was a need from these people to feed their addiction, and he took advantage of that, and bank rolled himself into a pretty lucrative business," says Chief Deputy John Schadle with the Brown County Sheriff's Office.

Brown County investigators say Bennett ran a huge operation, and had several people size the heroin for sale. They claim he brought heroin to the rural community.

Friday evening, Lexington police arrested Bennett at a home on Redwood Drive. They tell us the Secret Service gave them the address and a description of the car he was driving. When they found him, police say he did not try running.

Bennett's wife is facing similar charges. Police arrested her last month in Ripley, Ohio.
car007

West Chester, OH

#5 Mar 15, 2014
Cashs Bargin Barn wrote:
Tonight Brown County investigators say they have a ledger of heroin transactions in the case against Jonathan Bennett. He's on the run from indictments for trafficking, conspiracy to distribute and engaging in corrupt activity.
Local 12 News reporter Deborah Dixon found authorities are searching for Bennett while dealing with the additional problem of the heroin addicts they say he helped create.
Brown County investigators say Jonathan Bennett brought heroin to the rural community. He had several people breaking it down for sale. One person moving 100 grams in two months. Chief Deputy John Schadle told Local 12, "He saw there was a need to feed addiction, took advantage of if bank rolled himself into a lucrative business."
Investigators say Bennett left addicts in his wake. Heroin has become cheaper and easier to get than prescription drugs. A single pill of oxycontin can cost up to 75 dollars a small bag of heroin can cost less than a six pack. Chief Deputy Schadle says, "It's as bad as meth was five years ago. It used to be meth was the drug we worried about, now it's heroin.
Schadle said he sent six people to rehab for heroin addiction just last week. According to the charges, that's exactly what Jonathan Bennett did.
War on Drugs ?? You have to be kidding me ! Law Enforcement has found a way to make lots of money through this alleged War;;;; it has become a lucrative business for all branches of Law Enforcement, don't ever think its about anything less than a way for Law Enforcement to make money. Besides, Brown County has a much bigger problem than a Drug Dealer in their County. The need to clean up their own internal problems, or is this just another smoke screen to divert attention from more important things to the people of Brown County ??

I wonder, do they call BCI in to help with this Drug Problem ?
Pud

Lewis Center, OH

#6 Mar 15, 2014
If you go into Max Sec and tell your celly/bunky your name is Jon Jon, it will rapidly be changed to Butt Boy. No 31 year old man should go through life being called Jon Jon.
Seen it

Chicago, IL

#7 Mar 17, 2014
Pud.i read for entertainment. You never have anything relative or anything worth shit to say . You are an idiot
Uptown

Hamilton, OH

#8 Mar 17, 2014
Seen it wrote:
Pud.i read for entertainment. You never have anything relative or anything worth shit to say . You are an idiot
Excuse me, but did someone ask you why you read Topix? Do you honestly believe that you have said anything relative or worth sh!t saying? We are discussing, as the title of this forum indicates, the subject known as the black dope dealer Jon Jon Bennett being in prison for the next 21 years.

Pud, you are right on point - the fact that he is referred to as a pet name his mommy gave him when he was born is clarity of what this grown boy represents.
Pud

Lewis Center, OH

#9 Mar 18, 2014
Seen it wrote:
Pud.i read for entertainment. You never have anything relative or anything worth shit to say . You are an idiot
Finally, someone who finally "gets"the point of Topix.
Pud

Lewis Center, OH

#10 Mar 18, 2014
Uptown wrote:
<quoted text>
Excuse me, but did someone ask you why you read Topix? Do you honestly believe that you have said anything relative or worth sh!t saying? We are discussing, as the title of this forum indicates, the subject known as the black dope dealer Jon Jon Bennett being in prison for the next 21 years.
Pud, you are right on point - the fact that he is referred to as a pet name his mommy gave him when he was born is clarity of what this grown boy represents.
I'd give my right nut to be a fly on the wall when he walks up to a 300+lb. member of the Aryan Brotherhood and says, "Hi, I'm Jon Jon. Will you be my friend?". Christian Parenti argues in his book Lockdown America that prison gangs serve a convenient function for the prison establishment and officers. They help regulate rogue and rebellious elements within the prison population without intervention from prison authorities.
Parenti sees the repression dished out by gangs on non-affiliated prisoners as a latent function of prison gangs. Thus, gangs are often more-or-less tolerated by prison administrators due to the side-benefits they afford. A real fun read. Someone should send Jon Jon a copy.(Don't laugh. I had to read it for Law School.)
yep

United States

#11 Jun 13, 2014
Pud wrote:
<quoted text>I'd give my right nut to be a fly on the wall when he walks up to a 300+lb. member of the Aryan Brotherhood and says, "Hi, I'm Jon Jon. Will you be my friend?". Christian Parenti argues in his book Lockdown America that prison gangs serve a convenient function for the prison establishment and officers. They help regulate rogue and rebellious elements within the prison population without intervention from prison authorities.
Parenti sees the repression dished out by gangs on non-affiliated prisoners as a latent function of prison gangs. Thus, gangs are often more-or-less tolerated by prison administrators due to the side-benefits they afford. A real fun read. Someone should send Jon Jon a copy.(Don't laugh. I had to read it for Law School.)
Sadly this isn't Jon jon's first time in prison.

“Anatole France is my hero.”

Since: Apr 14

St. Paul, MN

#12 Jun 13, 2014
yep wrote:
<quoted text>
Sadly this isn't Jon jon's first time in prison.
I guess he did not learn how not to get caught the first go round, so he has to repeat a grade. Strike 2. Maybe he should read some "Iceberg Slim" while he's there. It's "old school" gangsta, but Ice tells it like it is.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Bethel Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Snitches, worst & lethal kind-deadly! (Jul '14) 5 hr Hate this town 16
Take it easy, but take it Mon Okie 1
what happened to Long Johns? Jun 25 Fool 10
The friendship circle of lies Jun 25 Ash 12
Judge Gus frees the mcelroys of any further cha... (Feb '15) Jun 23 Tracee 165
Did you know.... Jun 22 Jeanie 2
They say topix has changed (Aug '16) Jun 22 I see U 3

Bethel Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Bethel Mortgages